229 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:30 AM

The Lexus F models are seriously good bargains.

The GS F is definitely a dream car of mine and I know they're gonna be chump change in 10 years.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

Not sure if i already posted this here, but i think though they are great quality wise, BMW look really boring in general.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

To be honest, that's not an unpopular opinion.

My unpopular opinion is I don't find most "boring" cars boring. To me not everything has to stand out. And there seems to be a trend. Cars that play it safe with design are "boring" and cars that try to stand out are "ugly" it's like car designers can't win. But on topic, brands like Audi BMW Mercedes etc. Boring? Sorry, no imo. Especially if I owned one. The only boring versions of those cars imo are base models in base specs.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:01 PM

I really like the exterior looks of the volkswagen phaeton.

VOLKSWAGENPhaeton-718_1.jpg

• turbocharger, R3CON and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Nškyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:21 AM

They're great, and kudos to VW for producing a silly mega-limo from Bentley and A8 spare parts, but honestly I think I'd rather be driven in one than drive one.

I also think they look pretty cool, in a kinda anonymous luxury way.
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud likes this

yojc
  • yojc

2A03

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Poster [Tech] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:33 PM Edited by yojc, 04 August 2017 - 07:33 PM.

IMHO BMW E60 is one of the best looking BMWs in recent years. I feel like no one shares that opinion though ;)

1200px-BMW-5series-E60.jpg
  • turbocharger and R3CON like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

They're great, and kudos to VW for producing a silly mega-limo from Bentley and A8 spare parts, but honestly I think I'd rather be driven in one than drive one.

I also think they look pretty cool, in a kinda anonymous luxury way.

Exactly !

Though i really can appreciate the looks of things like those limited production lamborghini's, i love how the exterior is just like a nice looking, but still like "volkswagen passat like" thing, while the interior...man, that just looks so good....

On topic: i love how cars become more easier to drive thanks to all sorts of electronic magic most of them now come with and i'd probably really hate how some of those old classic cars like the ferrari f40 would drive...

And here the killer: As much as the F40 deserves its praise and it is an icon, that interior looks like sh*t and if i ever would somehow get gifted one of those things i would sell it without a second thought for something that is actually fun to drive, not torturous.

turbocharger
  • turbocharger

ne peri na ruke

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:00 AM

@yoyc Yes, E60s are really gorgeous. Dunno why you got that impression, but a lot of people admire them and share your opinion. As a matter of fact, my neighbor bought one sometime in spring of this year. It's a black 2004 520i I think, imported from Germany, first owner. There are definitely lots of "tired" spots after all these years, but still looks fantastic and you'd never think it's 13 years old.
I was genuinely happy when he brought it home, our neighborhood finally got a proper sedan, because everything else are sh*tty minivans and station wagons. Definitely stands out, beautiful vehicle.

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:23 PM

I hate how European cars dont have those orange thingies on the sides of the bumpers like NA market cars have:

DKaILXDWkAA1AbY.jpg

I mean only buses and vans have it, why not regular cars too?

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:33 PM Edited by HeavyDuke, 23 September 2017 - 01:33 PM.

I hate how European cars dont have those orange thingies on the sides of the bumpers like NA market cars have:

Because in europe, you're the odd ball if you use your signal lights anyway.

Also lol at BMW rims on a VW. Little Donk VW

• GrudgefromSanAndreas likes this

Hullian111
  • Hullian111

Humberside County

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

All the kids of my age would love to own souped-up Lambos and other such sports cars. But me? i'd rather own a Volvo 240 or a 1978 Ford Fairmont. Honestly, I'm torn.

R3CON
  • R3CON

Cesar Vialpando

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

I think the current Q7 is somewhat boring and looks too much like a tall wagon. I think SUVs should be practical and this looks to be all style/speed over function. The previous gen Q7 had much more presence than this.

A0Vrexg.jpg

Sure it has a nice interior/decent looks but so do Audi's existing sedans and wagons. An SUV should offer more.

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:36 AM

- I love GM's G-body chassis. Buick GNX, Chevy Monte Carlo, Pontiac Grand Prix, etc. People would usually think they aren't great because they are 80's era muscle cars, and that they look too conventional and blocky. I think that the design is timeless, subtle, and simple. There are people who'd prefer a '68 Mustang, or a '71 Challenger but I'd prefer a mid 80's V6 Turbo GNX rather than those brawny, and powerful V8 "Pony" cars. 

- I'm not the biggest fan of Lamborghini. Don't get me wrong, I think that their cars are brilliant and fully deserve their reputation as one of the best performance vehicles out there. However, I think that their design philosophy doesn't strike me all that much. The showy, outrageous, and over the top styling never really warmed up to me. I typically prefer cars with more restrained looks, smooth curves, and understated styling. But, I do appreciate them for their exotic, and Italian flair as well as bringing competition and bragging rights to the supercar world. 

- I love the Nissan GT-R for it's Porsche and Ferrari equaling performance, it's highly advanced technology, and it's good looks. But I do find that it stayed on for too long. But the new Honda NSX, R8 V10 Plus, AMG GT R, and McLaren 720S are cars that are brand new and have the capacity to beat the Nissan on track as well as much more capable cars to drive on the road on a daily basis. Also, another factor is it's price. When it came out it was only a fraction of the price of a new F430, 997 Turbo, and a Gallardo LP-560, but the appeal of it's price is now long gone with the GT-R being just as expensive as a newer, much better 911 Turbo is only $10,000 more expensive than the GT-R, in which before was half the price of the old 997 Turbo. It's a utterly astonishing car, but there are factors such as age, price, and size that made me think it outstayed it's welcome.

turbocharger
  • turbocharger

ne peri na ruke

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:29 AM Edited by turbocharger, 14 October 2017 - 11:44 AM.

I actually am glad we don't have those, I prefer the sleek clean look without them. I don't like the ones on the panels above arches either. If they have to put them on the sides of the car, I prefer them on the side mirrors.

I do wish we had those sexy American square-like rear plates instead of EU rectangular ones:

Spoiler

They're both rectangles, but eh, you know what I mean.

• Android and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

Swiss cars usually have those rear plates shaped similar to American ones, only thing i wish in Switzerland they'd have a lot of American cars to fulfill the Euro-American ambient

• turbocharger likes this

turbocharger
  • turbocharger

ne peri na ruke

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

Interesting, I didn't know that. I saw plenty of swiss plates (mainly cars owned by gastarbeiters when they come to visit the homeland in the summertime), but not one of them were American-like. Cool to know.

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

Here's the proof

• turbocharger likes this

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:41 PM Edited by -RP-, 14 October 2017 - 07:46 PM.

Buick GNX the only good GM car to come from the 80's. The rest are total piles. Proven by how much a GNX goes for today vs the latter GM products from that era.

The GTR is the fastest  and most unexciting car you will ever drive, because you're not driving, the car is. 

T00 N0RMAL 4 U
  • T00 N0RMAL 4 U

It's the menopause again, that never happened

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The new Ferrari J50 looks like something Rockstar would put in GTA Online. The front looks a lot like a Lamborghini and the rear has the usual Ferrari styling. It's weird.

Ferrari_J50-USA-580x362.jpg

nick rynearson
  • nick rynearson

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

I like the Hummer H2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users