Photo

Unpopular car opinions

199 replies to this topic
K1FFLOM
  • K1FFLOM

Thug

• Members
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:22 PM Edited by K1FFLOM, 13 April 2017 - 08:38 AM.

edit.
  • xolov and HeavyDuke like this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:25 PM

I like old russian cars tbh. They might drive like sh*t, and ve very unreliable but you can't deny that some cars look sexy:

59c4286921d76d801b51697de4cdb174.jpg

c55a4c826086c1651024e1181c99e805.jpg

• Scaglietti, IndaHoodz100 and Pininfarina like this

Pininfarina
  • Pininfarina

Shooting Brakes are cool

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

*Extremely Unpopular Opinion Alert - Read at your own risk*

Spoiler

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:42 AM Edited by Scaglietti, 21 March 2017 - 12:44 AM.

Spoiler

I only hate the fanboys. I remember the days of "oh its slower than gtr and costs more it sucks gtr is better" sh*t got on my nerves. I've ridden in a GTR, my dad's old coworker has a white one with red interior. We were at a car show and it does pull but it's just a pure performance car. The interior, while nice, is the same quality as my mom's Maxima. Granted the new Maxima has a near luxury interior but it's not $90k luxury. Exterior is about as exciting as an M3 which, if you see them all of the time, is not very interesting. And then it sounds like a vaccuum cleaner. Yes a Ferrari costs almost twice as much and is .4 seconds slower to 60 (like that matters). It looks better inside and out, sounds better and is probably funner to drive most of the time.
  • Pininfarina likes this

K1FFLOM
  • K1FFLOM

Thug

• Members
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:46 AM

I like old russian cars tbh. They might drive like sh*t, and ve very unreliable but you can't deny that some cars look sexy:

59c4286921d76d801b51697de4cdb174.jpg

c55a4c826086c1651024e1181c99e805.jpg

That is the "a:level Volga", which was built around an 850 BMW.
Interesting is their other Volga also, which they built around a Porsche Cayenne....

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

Didn't they also build one out of an M6?

Pininfarina
  • Pininfarina

Shooting Brakes are cool

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Spoiler

I only hate the fanboys. I remember the days of "oh its slower than gtr and costs more it sucks gtr is better" sh*t got on my nerves. I've ridden in a GTR, my dad's old coworker has a white one with red interior. We were at a car show and it does pull but it's just a pure performance car. The interior, while nice, is the same quality as my mom's Maxima. Granted the new Maxima has a near luxury interior but it's not $90k luxury. Exterior is about as exciting as an M3 which, if you see them all of the time, is not very interesting. And then it sounds like a vaccuum cleaner. Yes a Ferrari costs almost twice as much and is .4 seconds slower to 60 (like that matters). It looks better inside and out, sounds better and is probably funner to drive most of the time.
Spoiler

I think my hatred of the car stemmed from the obnoxious fanboys (no offence to anyone who is). I remember the first time I watched a video of a 2000+ hp GT-R "destroying" a stock Lamborghini Gallardo Super Leggara on FB and wanting to bleach my eyes out lol. What annoyed me most about that video were the reactions that it got. "That Lambo got f*cked up" "Omg the r35 is so much better than that sh*tbox lambo" and so on. Like if you think that a stock Lamborghini vs a 2000+ hp Nissan GT-R is a fair race then you can gtfo. I won't deny that in terms of performance the GT-R R35 is astounding, however, what really gets on my nerves is when a certain car is glorified because it won a race against a couple of exotic cars. Personally, I think the only redeeming feature of the car is the performance. Other than that, I think it is quite atrocious looking and oversized, and honestly the engine note reminds me of an elephant with diahorrea (literally).

Few. Feels good to get that off my chest.

Spoiler
  • Scaglietti likes this

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:55 AM

I assume that was probably one of the AMS GTRs. To be fair, even the UGR built Lamborghini's are having a rough time with the AMS cars.  :lol:

xolov
  • xolov

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:49 PM

I think that 80's ''boring'' hatchbacks are cool, such as the Talbot 1510 and Lada Samara

xmEyVqN.png

IlnbSFY.jpg

• K1FFLOM likes this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

If modded the right way, the can look cool.

Lada-Samara-Tuning-2.jpg

• Pedinhuh and xolov like this

Android
  • Android

i have the zip vile bro

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:53 AM

I really like the newer Kia Soul.. my interest for it stems from a former love for the Scion xB (the second gen, the first gen was too boxy). The unique shape and form factor is what really grabs my attention. My main gripe with the xB was that it never offered leather or even decent wheel options. Understandable, considering it wasn't supposed to be a "high end" vehicle by any means, it was supposed to be affordable. The Kia Soul (specifically the new Turbo trim level) offers everything the xB had with all of the extras, and it has some pretty decent wheels too. It seems to be getting very good reviews, too.

Would I daily one? Yeah, probably, for the right price. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

I find the new Aventador S horrifically ugly. I look on Instagram, see everybody losing their mind over it and I'm just think "how f*cking ugly" :lol: omg. I've always loved the Aventador. There's not a line on the og model that I disagree with. But they took it, slapped on some SV parts and gave it a slight facelift that looks like botox gone wrong or something. The new front bumper is just terrible. Goodness. What have they done?

It's sad to see the great cars of the early 10's ruined by lazy redesigns. The F12 turned into that ugly thing known as the 812 Superstupidfast. The FF got more ugly. And now the Aventador looks bad. And get this, no complete redesigns.

Money I guess. Still disgusts me. No real F12 successor, no real 458 successor, no real California successor, FF, Audi A5, Audi A8, BMW 5-Series etc. List goes on. It's like they're not trying anymore...

• Murciélago likes this

Murciélago
  • Murciélago

lol

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:31 PM

I find the new Aventador S horrifically ugly. I look on Instagram, see everybody losing their mind over it and I'm just think "how f*cking ugly" :lol: omg. I've always loved the Aventador. There's not a line on the og model that I disagree with. But they took it, slapped on some SV parts and gave it a slight facelift that looks like botox gone wrong or something. The new front bumper is just terrible. Goodness. What have they done?

Aventador S definitely looks better in person. I think I'd like it better if some of the parts of the front bumper were painted or carbon fiber though.

How it looks:

32959532604_fd9ed78cbb_b.jpg

How it should look:

33646546142_3f6cddb911_b.jpg

• Scaglietti likes this

Irish45455
  • Irish45455

Irish45455

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:53 PM

I hate the whole Stance Nation thing. I understand that a little camber is healthy and gives you more grip but lowering your car permanently without airbags to the point where any kind of incline means risking ripping your oilpan off? Idiocy. Also, the whole JDM fanboy and basically any fanboyism in general. People who claim that Nissan or Toyota are king and nothing can ever top them or Ford or Chevy are king and are unbeatable just grind my gears like a manual newb. My advice? Shut the hell up. Just shut the hell up, and drive something from the competition. If you have a raging hard on for domestics, drive an import and vice versa. You miss out on a lot of good cars when you religiously stick to one brand. I swore I would never drive a Ford and was a Chevy fanboy hardcore. Now I daily drive a Ford Five Hundred and sweet babuh Jesus do I love it. I love it so much I don't ever want another car. If I could just replace it with another Ford Five Hundred Limited when mine dies that could just be a-okay with me. Open your mind, and broaden your horizons.

• Scaglietti, Android and Pininfarina like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Wanna play with me on PS4? Add me: rph_brasil

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:17 AM

The Nissan GTR has its merits, true. But it really isn't all that when the car is just one big computer doing all the drive for you, gimme a Carrera GT or old 911 that wants to murder me at every corner and I'm happy.

FWD cars are CRIMINALLY underrated.

Most of designs of cars from nowadays are too polluted: too many sharp lines and cuts, lights that are too big, etc...I love the car designs from mid 2000's to late 90's: Rounded edges but CLEAN designs, the 2006 Civic is IMO a great example of that. The new gen is a f*cking disgrace!

K1FFLOM
  • K1FFLOM

Thug

• Members
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:52 PM Edited by K1FFLOM, 13 April 2017 - 08:39 AM.

edit.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Lord of Edges(i guess)

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted A week ago

I really like the looks of the lamborghini veneno.

• Scaglietti likes this

Fad Hill
  • Fad Hill

Melancholic Poop.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago

-Peeps should work on a renewable fuel to replace normal gas/petrol rather than electric cars, but not leave electric behind completely.
-I prefer NA or supercharging over turbocharging, but I don't mind either.
-Comfort and or driving fun over absolute speed.
-Pre-1980s Japanese cars are life.
-(sorta car related)I wouldn't mind public transport, but only trains and buses maybe if they're clean.
-A classic car with patina or signs of use > mint restored to original condition garage queens.

I don't think these are completely unique, but I thought I'd say what I think anyway.

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted A week ago

-Peeps should work on a renewable fuel to replace normal gas/petrol rather than electric cars, but not leave electric behind completely.

So like E85? A lot of highly built cars here are already running on that over here. As an added bonus, it gives you more power and burns cooler. You trade off that gasoline smell for a french fry smell though.  :lol: But who wouldn't love to floor their car and leave a smell of french fries behind.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted A week ago

E85 is commonly used in racing here as well, particularly in stuff like Time Attack. Also VW have seen some success with versions of the Scirocco VLN endurance racers powered by compressed natural gas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users