229 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:37 PM

I agree with the last two, always loved the 996 and the controversial McLaren 570S.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

Cars are really boring and no amount of flash bells and whistles is going to make up for that. 

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:11 PM

Cars are really boring and no amount of flash bells and whistles is going to make up for that.

Wait, I thought that was the popular car opinion.
  • epoxi and Scaglietti like this

AusSantos
  • AusSantos

Los Santos Citizen

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

I can't stand chrome wheels and tyres that could pass for elastic bands.
  • PeasantGaming > U likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:47 AM Edited by Scaglietti, 26 September 2016 - 05:38 AM.

Spoiler
Like that's an unpopular opinion among most people these days. I'm glad I didn't have the misfortune of not liking cars or driving, no offense intended. That said it's not the "bells and whistles" or "flash" that matter and I would buy a good looking car because it looks good, not because it makes me look good. Just saying.

Another unpopular opinion. I like the glossy murdered out look and black accent/black wheel "trend" that's been going on lately. But I really like the clean look with regular alloys too.

Edit: I believe a classic car should be driven. Not shown off driven at 10mph everywhere and then caged in a shiny garage for months/years.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:58 PM Edited by SouthLand, 26 September 2016 - 12:58 PM.

This excites me more:

Than this:

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:52 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 26 September 2016 - 08:53 PM.

I couldn't care less about 0-60 times, track times or quarter miles. If I had a day with a sports car, I'd take it to my favorite back road, not the nearest racetrack which is (a good one) CoTA. I don't know why people lose their minds over numbers these days. "Oh my god it does 0-60 in 2.6 seconds, best car in the world!" "Oh my god why does it cost that much and do 0-60 in 4 seconds, it's slow, for my money I'd get [insert slightly faster car]" "Why pay 200K for 500hp when I can buy a 707hp Hellcat for 70K?"

It's sad. Yes, I'm one of those guys who would buy a performance car and rarely frequent the track. But this is Texas. There is a myriad of winding back roads with no cops and no motorists' lives to put at risk because nobody ever drives on them. If I went to the track it would be for fun, numbers would be the last thing on my mind. People comment on car videos like a split second will make or break the car.

I also view modern cars on the same level of classic cars. I don't idolize classic cars. I love a lot of them but the same way I love modern cars which is deeply. I'm not into the elitism of old is better than new or, no offense to anybody in here, cheap is better than expensive. I just love cars, I've said it before. I just love cars. Just because I lose my mind over some new fast cars doesn't mean I'm another one of those kids who only likes the shiniest new thing with the highest price tag.

AusSantos
  • AusSantos

Los Santos Citizen

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

Scag, the car world could use more people who share the same feelings you do - one thing I've noticed being around the car scene in Australia for the last 10 years is just how toxic people are.

As you said - it's a very elitist scene to be involved in. The hardest part is finding people that truly appreciate a car for its individual design or purpose. I always find it amusing hearing people call themselves 'car enthusiasts' or 'car lovers', yet if it's not something they would own it's a POS or a girl's car... All you can do is shake your head..

People here wonder why the car scene is dying.. It's only dying because people like that kill it for everyone else.

I'm gonna stop now.. it's almost 2:30am here and I'm typing this while nursing my daughter back to sleep. Sorry if I made no sense.
  • MLB and Scaglietti like this

Murciélago
  • Murciélago

💴

• Facade
  • None

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

This excites me more:

Than this:

Well yeah, Aventadors are common and RWD Aygos aren't so obviously the Aygo is more exciting.

Also, the Salamone SV made me want to puke, it's one of the ugliest Lambos out there.

• Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:09 AM Edited by Scaglietti, 30 September 2016 - 01:11 AM.

I'm not sure this is unpopular, I mean considering most of the people who own the following types of cars buy them like that maybe it is:

I can't stand seeing base black/grey/silver/white luxury/sports cars. I don't want to judge someone too much from the car they drive but if someone buys a white 328i, no options on budget rims with a base interior I'm like why? If I'm going to buy a 328i it's going to at least be personalized to my tastes. Red interior or better rims at least. Same with the big luxobarges. All you see is black everywhere you go. Black S-Class, 7-Series. The colors themselves aren't bad when the owner actually gets one that looks like it was made to be special like; like for example I often see a new and beautiful pearlescent black 750Li (the ones that just came out) rolling around a lot with a visible tan interior with the M-Sport Package. That looks nice. Much better than a base body bland black on black no options one. Those are the ones I always see dirty too. The nice black one is always clean as hell.

unbid
  • unbid

Sgt. Pooper Lonely Farts Club

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:04 AM

I don't like the Toyota Supra, specifically the JZA80 version. Same thing with the Toyota Celica (ZZT230).

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:20 AM

I think the ZZT230 is ugly. Always have.

Noale
  • Noale

I DID NOT HIT HER I DID NOT OH HI MARK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:51 PM

I couldn't care less about 0-60 times, track times or quarter miles. If I had a day with a sports car, I'd take it to my favorite back road, not the nearest racetrack which is (a good one) CoTA. I don't know why people lose their minds over numbers these days. "Oh my god it does 0-60 in 2.6 seconds, best car in the world!" "Oh my god why does it cost that much and do 0-60 in 4 seconds, it's slow, for my money I'd get [insert slightly faster car]" "Why pay 200K for 500hp when I can buy a 707hp Hellcat for 70K?"

It's sad. Yes, I'm one of those guys who would buy a performance car and rarely frequent the track. But this is Texas. There is a myriad of winding back roads with no cops and no motorists' lives to put at risk because nobody ever drives on them. If I went to the track it would be for fun, numbers would be the last thing on my mind. People comment on car videos like a split second will make or break the car.

I also view modern cars on the same level of classic cars. I don't idolize classic cars. I love a lot of them but the same way I love modern cars which is deeply. I'm not into the elitism of old is better than new or, no offense to anybody in here, cheap is better than expensive. I just love cars, I've said it before. I just love cars. Just because I lose my mind over some new fast cars doesn't mean I'm another one of those kids who only likes the shiniest new thing with the highest price tag.

A lot of those silly comments come from 12-16 year old keyboard racers who have never owned a car in real life, so don't mind them.

• Ocelot likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:20 AM

Oh believe me, I know. But some of those came from Reddit from people who do drive and actually claim to be car enthusiasts. It's sad.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

I'm not sure if this counts;

I think Ford made a large mistake when they discontinued the venerable CVPI.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:09 PM

Same with the big luxobarges. All you see is black everywhere you go. Black S-Class, 7-Series. The colors themselves aren't bad when the owner actually gets one that looks like it was made to be special like; like for example I often see a new and beautiful pearlescent black 750Li (the ones that just came out) rolling around a lot with a visible tan interior with the M-Sport Package. That looks nice. Much better than a base body bland black on black no options one. Those are the ones I always see dirty too. The nice black one is always clean as hell.

Err maybe because we actually use our big black luxobarges as business cars and it doesn't send the right message when you're pulling up to a meeting with shareholders or potential investors in something flashy and ostentatious?

Source: Black S-Class and 7 Series Owner here. 

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:01 PM Edited by epoxi, 01 October 2016 - 03:01 PM.

It doesn't have to be flashy or ostentatious, for instance I doubt anyone would be upset if you showed up to a meeting in your E30 (assuming you haven't got some loud racing exhaust). If anything it makes a statement that you take care of your possessions and have passion for what you do.
  • Scaglietti likes this

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:51 PM Edited by Noale, 01 October 2016 - 03:52 PM.

A buddy of mine drives an M5 (F10) in Monte Carlo Blue and it's still fairly inconspicuous. The only real "flashy" thing on that is the exhaust, and even then only on cold starts. After it hits temp, it quiets down.

No reasonable person should be displeased if you show up with anything other than a black auto.

• Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:00 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 01 October 2016 - 06:03 PM.

Same with the big luxobarges. All you see is black everywhere you go. Black S-Class, 7-Series. The colors themselves aren't bad when the owner actually gets one that looks like it was made to be special like; like for example I often see a new and beautiful pearlescent black 750Li (the ones that just came out) rolling around a lot with a visible tan interior with the M-Sport Package. That looks nice. Much better than a base body bland black on black no options one. Those are the ones I always see dirty too. The nice black one is always clean as hell.

Err maybe because we actually use our big black luxobarges as business cars and it doesn't send the right message when you're pulling up to a meeting with shareholders or potential investors in something flashy and ostentatious?

Source: Black S-Class and 7 Series Owner here.
:lol:

I knew you would chime in. Read the post. I saw your cars before and I actually like them especially the 7 Series.

I'm not saying buy a big ass Bentley in light blue with a tan and blue interior and carbon fiber especially as an executive. But again this is unpopular opinions. I much prefer something that at least looks like it was personalized. Your Series is nice with the tan (IIRC) interior. Just tired of seeing black on black basic spec dealership floor cars imo. And I was speaking for all premium/expensive cars. Business people are an exception.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:17 PM Edited by Outcast, 01 October 2016 - 06:40 PM.

@Scag: Lol ok I see what you mean. Yeah, I have the tan interior in the S and a maroon in the 7. Both black exterior though. 

It doesn't have to be flashy or ostentatious, for instance I doubt anyone would be upset if you showed up to a meeting in your E30 (assuming you haven't got some loud racing exhaust). If anything it makes a statement that you take care of your possessions and have passion for what you do.

Not in Asia. I have shown up in my E30 at informal dinners with Europeans (Swedes and Germans mostly) though as it's a great icebreaker. I've found Europeans tend to have a greater appreciation for these things compared to Asians. There's more of an "a nail that sticks out gets hammered" mindset over here, and an S-Class/7 Series is probably the best way to maintain "face" without going over the top. You want to make a statement and stand out? Show up in an A8L or XJL :lol:

A buddy of mine drives an M5 (F10) in Monte Carlo Blue and it's still fairly inconspicuous. The only real "flashy" thing on that is the exhaust, and even then only on cold starts. After it hits temp, it quiets down.

No reasonable person should be displeased if you show up with anything other than a black auto.

An investment banker friend of mine also has an F10 M5 in Monte Carlo Blue. He used to take it when visiting his clients, he ended up ripping the M5 badge off the back but I guess it was still a bit too flashy. He leaves his M5 at home now and takes his GLC220d to see his clients. I know you see a lot of gaudy nouveau-riche in China and all that, but in the rest of Asia, that sort of behaviour is looked down upon and in fact the more low-key you are in business, the better your rep.

• Scaglietti likes this

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:12 PM

K.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:28 PM

Turbochargers, I rarely like them. Outside of AMGs and a few other cars, they make cars sound like sh*t.

Honker1944
  • Honker1944

Playa

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

My opinion is unpopular. I hate passats. Who get an idea to make as big car as passat FWD. Why? The driving wheel is clumsy and it is less sportish than my grandfather polonez 1.4 and it have RWD instead of sh*tty FWD.
Also I hate this 3-cylinder engines in cars. What is this a tractor? I don't see any idea (except some stupid ue standarts) to make emgines without one cylinder. If it goes like this we will have cars with 1-cylinder only before 2050.

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:26 AM

I quite like the turbo sound. But I may be biased since I ran an Evo8 with a 2.3 stroker strapped with a 35R.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:39 AM

I quite like the turbo sound. But I may be biased since I ran an Evo8 with a 2.3 stroker strapped with a 35R.

Now this sounds interesting; I hope you've got some pictures.
  • Outcast likes this

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:26 AM

It's an old car that I got rid off. Let me see if I can pull some old images up.

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:37 AM Edited by Noale, 22 October 2016 - 12:16 AM.

Wow. Had to dig through an old HDD I had sitting around to find these.

Lowkey install. The massive ETS intercooler was the only real giveaway.

uuuOxpy.jpg

• hvcciookay likes this

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

°°°°°°°

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:53 PM

Nice, now make a visit over to "Show pics of your car" and post more pictures that beauty.

I always liked Acura Legend coupes, Infiniti M30s and Lexus ES250s. Something about uncommon old cars strikes my attention, no matter how bad they are or may seem to common folk.
  • epoxi and sivispacem like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:47 PM

I absolutely hate fake backfire. I'm a big fan of N/A engines especially for the sound. They're just so smooth sounding and have soul to them. Now that everything is getting turbo and sounding like vaccuums, automakers feel they need to compensate by making fake grunty sounds, pumping crap into the interior speakers and of course dumping fuel into the exhaust for fake backfire.

Back then when cars popped and cracked it was so pure. It just fit classics. The Jaguar started it I assume to fit that vintage look and feel the F-Type has. And they did it well.

Unfortunately everybody else felt the need to copy. When it's not overdone is nice. A little bit of gassing it and then lifting off the throttle for a pop. Sweet. But it's not always like that. New R8, new Huracan, 991.2. "Vrooooom... wet farts... Vroooom- quick wet fart- vroooom- between every gear, wet farts... and then you lift off the throttle after some hard acceleration and the wet farts keep coming"

It's so fake and overdone, it's overkill. And it especially pisses me off with the Huracan and R8. Those cars use the same engines they did before and they were smooth as f*ck. Now they pop and crackle for days.

It's a trend I hope that will end.

turbocharger
  • turbocharger

ne peri na ruke

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:06 PM

Turbochargers, I rarely like them. Outside of AMGs and a few other cars, they make cars sound like sh*t.

We don't like you either.

• Scaglietti and hvcciookay like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users