GTA V Redux - Discussion

188 replies to this topic
Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

eurogamers article is a bit finger pointy but also very detailed so at least the article lets you make your own choice unlike PCGamer who chose to remove the article from their news feed and even then they said they are not convinced.

• RM76 likes this

robi29
  • robi29

VisualV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:52 PM

In real life sometimes you can see the moon, sometimes don't. So we've done the same.

• PacketOverload_x64bit and Shakez like this

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:20 PM

"Not convinced"=Romito paid us a lot of money

• Demon1337 likes this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:32 PM

Ah, what a good thing I didn't like the look of it anyway... And on top of that (as mentioned before)... How in bloody hell did this get so popular beforehand?

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:46 PM

Ah, what a good thing I didn't like the look of it anyway... And on top of that (as mentioned before)... How in bloody hell did this get so popular beforehand?

That seems to be the only thing that Romito is good at. Finding hype. Somehow he got someone to run an article that was detailing his ripoff. Be it money or something else. And when PCG ran the first article it gathered thousands of comments. Eventually we saw 5 articles on PCG and all of them at its praise. So with one hype man a lie can make it to the white house....er...uh...viral...uh....yea..

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:57 PM

why would people waste 3 gbs when we could download visualv itself? it's smooth and more beautiful than Redux, and we can download LA Roads, LA Vegetation, Violence overhaul, and thats it.

it will be even better than redux. jromito should've at least credited  _CP_ because he is putting a lot of efforts for visualv and honestly, it is the best graphics mod ever. it makes my game smoother. you can also install some reshade presets and your all set.

redux is just a waste of time in my opinion

• Slash_Alex likes this

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:14 PM

No offense to anyone (Redux and VisualV) but I agree with this comment:

"Original is the best, you can't beat ROCKSTAR GAMES with this oversaturated aquarium sky with clouds inside like fishes, without ambient lights at nights, with this washed out textures and colors like a pop video of Britney Spears from 2001... ORIGINAL IS THE BEST, SOON OR LATER YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT, GTA V DOESN'T NEED VISUAL CHANGES IT'S NOT IV!!!!!"

From here: 

IT'S ROCKSTAR NOT POSTAR!

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:23 PM

"Original is the best, you can't beat ROCKSTAR GAMES with this oversaturated aquarium sky with clouds inside like fishes, without ambient lights at nights, with this washed out textures and colors like a pop video of Britney Spears from 2001... ORIGINAL IS THE BEST, SOON OR LATER YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT, GTA V DOESN'T NEED VISUAL CHANGES IT'S NOT IV!!!!!"

From here: 

I disagree, with a proper visual setup you can get some nice effects. Not saying Visual V is the best but also not saying its not. I havent modded GTA yet to know. But for sure Redux isnt a visual mod. 

Slash_Alex
  • Slash_Alex

Snitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:36 PM Edited by Slash_Alex, 21 September 2016 - 06:46 PM.

why would people waste 3 gbs when we could download visualv itself? it's smooth and more beautiful than Redux, and we can download LA Roads, LA Vegetation, Violence overhaul, and thats it.

it will be even better than redux. jromito should've at least credited  _CP_ because he is putting a lot of efforts for visualv and honestly, it is the best graphics mod ever. it makes my game smoother. you can also install some reshade presets and your all set.

redux is just a waste of time in my opinion

Yep, but we live in the imperfective world where popular or widespread doesn't always mean high-quality. Why do you think Coca-Cola is so popular?! I don't know 'cause as a beverage it's a pretty sh*tty product. :)

• DoctorMike likes this

Landotel
  • Landotel

Rarely Active

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:48 PM Edited by Raul Passos, 21 September 2016 - 06:52 PM.

Anyways for those who are curious about where to get it:

Author: Josh Romito

Why would you put his link ? isn't it clear enough that visiting his homepage is a form of support ? remove the link.
Author ? hes no author,just a half ass copy/paste junky.
I'll edit it, I thought of it and I agree with you. Thanks!

@T-ru Well if an enhancer is simply done right, it could look better. However from what I've seen, all ReShade does is either make the game look oversaturated or too grey. VisualV is pretty much the only enhancer I've seen that makes the game look better. It's not too grey nor too oversaturated, just right.

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:11 PM

The YouTube comments on his launch trailer make my head hurt. I worry for today's generation of kids.

GD0jxr8.png

HAHAHA, amazing. That guy is on crack.

• RM76 and Slash_Alex like this

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:16 PM

We will keep this thread open for as long as the discussion is relevant, eventually it will be moved to this section.

I also just moved all the Redux related posts from the VisualIV thread to this one, so it's nice and clean.

Sorry Raul Passos, but CP is the OP now, so he can update it with all the relevant info if need be.

• PhillBellic, Landotel, RM76 and 1 other like this

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!

• Feroci
  • Germany
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:24 PM Edited by Marty McFly, 21 September 2016 - 07:24 PM.

Raul Rassos

You do realize that ReShade does nothing by default because ReShade itself has no shaders? You can do anything you want with ReShade btw, like SSAO or DoF, none of these effects make the game oversaturated or too gray. It's just the insane amount of sh*tty configs out there which give both ENB and ReShade a bad name.

• Razed-, Saunders420, Landotel and 2 others like this

gtaplayer02012
  • gtaplayer02012

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:12 PM Edited by francisisgay, 21 September 2016 - 09:16 PM.

Oh, new playa!
https://www.gta5-mod...open-4k-project

I find it funny that he had that copied info on his mod.
  • RM76 and Slash_Alex like this

Capa
  • Capa

Player Hater

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:41 PM Edited by Capa, 21 September 2016 - 09:49 PM.

T-ru, on 21 Sept 2016 - 8:14 PM, said:snapback.png

From here: 

I must say I agree too. I tried every visual enhancer (except Redux, I'm not that fool) and I came to the same conclusion. GTAV has a very particular art style, part realistic, part cartoonish but more than that, the atmosphere, the colors, even the fog seems directly inspired by 80's popular TV shows Knight Rider! VanillaV also reminds me 90's movie Falling down. Same fog, same color palette. Giving this game a blue sky, and reducing fog... simply doesn't fit IMO. It worked better with Vanilla IV cause it was just ugly ^^

Landotel
  • Landotel

Rarely Active

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:59 PM Edited by Raul Passos, 21 September 2016 - 10:09 PM.

Raul Rassos

You do realize that ReShade does nothing by default because ReShade itself has no shaders? You can do anything you want with ReShade btw, like SSAO or DoF, none of these effects make the game oversaturated or too gray. It's just the insane amount of sh*tty configs out there which give both ENB and ReShade a bad name.

Oh thanks for the clarification!

Topic:
Looks like Kotaku made an article on it: http://kotaku.com/st...f-it-1786866944

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:15 AM Edited by MikePhilips, 22 September 2016 - 12:16 AM.

Redux f*cked up real bad, it's basically just a modpack.

Josh didn't make anything, VisualV ftw.

i have tons of mods installed and my game is more stable and beautiful.

Redux sucks, and the kids who think that Redux is good are just stupid enough that they are thinking that Josh Romito made everything himself, he hyped people by releasing bunch of trailers when the "mod" was already done, since he didn't make anything and he just installed visualv.

it just makes your game look like sh*t and laggy, even the vanila game is better than Redux.

some tryhards steal hard people's work and they don't give a sh*t, the perfect example is Jromito.

that's not a nice thing to do, he makes money because of stupid kids downloading redux, but VisualV is the best.

• MGgames100 and Slash_Alex like this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:40 AM

T-ru, on 21 Sept 2016 - 8:14 PM, said:snapback.png

From here: 

I must say I agree too. I tried every visual enhancer (except Redux, I'm not that fool) and I came to the same conclusion. GTAV has a very particular art style, part realistic, part cartoonish but more than that, the atmosphere, the colors, even the fog seems directly inspired by 80's popular TV shows Knight Rider! VanillaV also reminds me 90's movie Falling down. Same fog, same color palette. Giving this game a blue sky, and reducing fog... simply doesn't fit IMO. It worked better with Vanilla IV cause it was just ugly ^^

>vanilla master race here

>I'm so contrarian and self-righteous that I don't even use Reshades

Just leave.

• PhillBellic likes this

MoonKillah
  • MoonKillah

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:12 PM

I kinda wanna support the original modders instead, what all do I need to download that Redux stole?

ZIPPORAID
  • ZIPPORAID

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:17 PM Edited by ZIPPORAID, 23 September 2016 - 01:51 AM.

never thought i'd be back on here but i figured i'd drop this here.. 

incase you didn't know, i make raider's blood, violence, ragdoll & destruction overhaul on 5-mods, i also have a thread on here but i won't get into that. check it here:

https://www.gta5-mod...ided-blood-gore

and

https://www.gta5-mod...ndalone-version

this dude stole a sheet of my blood splatters and watered them down, f*cked around with the colors and some other dumb sh*t with them and added other (probably stolen) textures as well to try to cover it up. i discovered all this by accident while installing it, check it out.

here is a GIF showing off my 4 custom, photoshop-made texture sheets for my big gta violence overhaul:

kRynDPU.gif

the one in particular to pay attention to is the first fx_decal_splatter_mist file. normally there is only ONE of these in the game, my mod adds four sheets instead of just the one, here is the one exactly we will focus on (the first):

v6yzd9N.png

now, let's see what happens when we install this so-called famed 5-REDUX bullsh*t..........

the end result:

GeQp5NL.png

exactly the same blood textures as the first sheet made by me for my much larger, more expansive violence overhaul. there's no numerical data to hide behind fighting over whether he copied it or not. compare the one in the top right corner. i didn't bother checking the other .dat and .meta files associated with my blood mod, which believe it or not are a big deal to copy off of others. please don't think it's not because it's text instead of something you can see and rate immediately. a lot of work goes into adjusting them to be just right by someone somewhere down the line, and it's not a pretty task ever. you can also tell they're mine because of all the blood effects included in 5-REDUX, my sheet is the only one in his that comes in 4K while the other blood pools are pretty low quality and clearly not from the same pack. just look at some of his screenshots closer of the blood (all 2 of them), you can tell he butchered mine into some horrible abomination he's parading around on PCGamer as his own. pathetic

• ikt, Razed-, robi29 and 14 others like this

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:28 PM

never thought i'd be back on here but i figured i'd drop this here.. 

incase you didn't know, i make raider's blood, violence, ragdoll & destruction overhaul on 5-mods, i also have a thread on here but i won't get into that. check it here:

https://www.gta5-mod...ided-blood-gore

and

https://www.gta5-mod...ndalone-version

this dude stole a sheet of my blood splatters and watered them down, f*cked around with the colors and some other dumb sh*t with them and added other (probably stolen) textures as well to try to cover it up. i discovered all this by accident while installing it, check it out.

here is a GIF showing off my 4 custom, photoshop-made texture sheets for my big gta violence overhaul:

the one in particular to pay attention to is the first fx_decal_splatter_mist file. normally there is only ONE of these in the game, my mod adds four sheets instead of just the one, here is the one exactly we will focus on (the first):

now, let's see what happens when we install this so-called famed 5-REDUX bullsh*t..........

the end result:

exactly the same blood textures. there's no numerical data to hide behind fighting over whether he copied it or not. compare the one in the top right corner. i didn't bother checking the other .dat and .meta files associated with my blood mod, which believe it or not are a big deal to copy off of others. please don't think it's not because it's text instead of something you can see and rate immediately. a lot of work goes into adjusting them to be just right by someone somewhere down the line, and it's not a pretty task ever. you can also tell they're mine because of all the blood effects included in 5-REDUX, my sheet is the only one in his that comes in 4K while the other blood pools are pretty low quality and clearly not from the same pack. just look at some of his screenshots closer of the blood (all 2 of them), you can even tell he butchered mine into some horrible abomination he's parading around on PCGamer as his own. pathetic

Looks like this whole *mod* is just a f*cking modpack made using stolen content then edited by an attention whoring author, the mod itself hyped to the max like a sh*tty AAA game that the brainless crowd could download cause look its all compiled you dont have to do sh*t on your own. I suggest the author to be banned from gta5mods and any well known GTA community sites, for claiming others' people work as their own, hell this guy is so arrogant he didn't even T-R-Y asking for permission.... people like those are the very cancer of the modding community, leeching on other's people work. The author lucky this is all free content, else he'd be buttraped by lawsuits... a lesson he should take to the heart for his adulthood life

• Voit Turyv, RM76 and Slash_Alex like this

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:02 AM Edited by RM76, 23 September 2016 - 12:02 AM.

Looks like this whole *mod* is just a f*cking modpack made using stolen content then edited by an attention whoring author, the mod itself hyped to the max like a sh*tty AAA game that the brainless crowd could download cause look its all compiled you dont have to do sh*t on your own.

Exactly.

The retard's already been banned from 5-mods btw.

• Slash_Alex likes this

Slash_Alex
  • Slash_Alex

Snitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:18 AM Edited by Slash_Alex, 23 September 2016 - 08:34 AM.

Redux f*cked up real bad, it's basically just a modpack.

Josh didn't make anything, VisualV ftw.

i have tons of mods installed and my game is more stable and beautiful.

Redux sucks, and the kids who think that Redux is good are just stupid enough that they are thinking that Josh Romito made everything himself, he hyped people by releasing bunch of trailers when the "mod" was already done, since he didn't make anything and he just installed visualv.

it just makes your game look like sh*t and laggy, even the vanila game is better than Redux.

some tryhards steal hard people's work and they don't give a sh*t, the perfect example is Jromito.

that's not a nice thing to do, he makes money because of stupid kids downloading redux, but VisualV is the best.

Yep, you're right. I have myself a bunch of mods and it makes the game look and behave much better than Redux, consuming much less hard drive space.

• HeySlickThatsMe and DoctorMike like this

ceaton88
  • ceaton88

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:05 PM

Redux Ultra V1 preset is the bomb, but lets not forget visuals aren't everything. Its been offered as a package and for those that don't mod can download and install everything all in one.

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:13 PM

Redux Ultra V1 preset is the bomb, but lets not forget visuals aren't everything. Its been offered as a package and for those that don't mod can download and install everything all in one.

That crowd is a part of the cancer killing modding.

(How much is Romito paying you to shill it?)

• PhillBellic, _MK_ and Slash_Alex like this

Landotel
  • Landotel

Rarely Active

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:37 AM Edited by Raul Passos, 26 September 2016 - 03:37 AM.

I bet those presets were stolen too lmao  :lol:

• PhillBellic, RM76, HeySlickThatsMe and 1 other like this

ceaton88
  • ceaton88

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:24 AM

Laughable response

Rizaki Koizumi
  • Rizaki Koizumi

Weeb

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:42 AM Edited by Rizaki Koizumi, 26 September 2016 - 09:50 AM.

I posted a rant on this same exact topic that's posted on the r/GrandTheftAutoV subreddit about the community as a whole. I will stand by what I said but I will admit, I was salty and I had to speak my mind at that very moment. I've been seeing too much drama and I seen how damaging it can be to a community (don't believe me, look at Tek Syndicate). I don't wanna see this community torn apart over some bullsh*t. You guys are awesome and I am jealous of all of your skills.

Now more calm and collected, and asskissing aside, I'm going to state this. I tried out Romito's mod. The graphics look great, I'll admit, but if that's all true that it's essentially VisualV but stolen (and I have tried VisualV before, also great), then damn the torpedoes. It has to be his ReShade preset because holy sh*t the game looks slick.

I'm going to say the other aspects of Josh's mod makes it pretty good. The handling he had on there felt great and gave driving a good challenge (especially the Franklin and Lamar mission, the car was essentially destroyed after).

What I don't like though is how Josh packaged the installer, and he clearly didn't start this on a clean install of GTA V (seriously, there's a Porsche replacing a Comet in the mod). Also I was suffering from streaming issues as I had some oddities occur with the car interiors not rendering properly (so first person greeted me to a PS3/360 interior on some cars). That issue though could be because I had GTA V installed on my HDD that recently started showing reallocated sectors, and that drive is apparently a SATA-2 and not SATA-3, so that's another factor.

With all of this though, I would like to know what Josh may have stolen so I can track down those mods and install to my GTA V. No doubt, Redux is that. I love the changes Redux made, but after looking at the big picture, I would rather support those who actually did the hard work in making GTA V better.

And one more thing, modding GTA V f*ckING sucks, and the game's file structure is the sole reason, and that's one thing I will give Josh Romito credit for - EASE OF INSTALLATION. Take notes, modders. I know some are already.

TL;DR - I'm an asshole, Redux is beautiful because Reshade and handling, why is there a Porsche, game was installed to dogsh*t hard drive hence interiors looking low quality, what mods are stolen for Redux so I can track them down, and make mod installs easier.

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!

• Feroci
  • Germany
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:33 PM

Nobody says any different, it's about the credits, or better, the absence of it. I doubt anyone would complain if he included credits and told the world who did what. But no, it's all "the work of one man" - is there any mention that it's ReShade or the authors of the ReShade shaders (me being one of them, hello there) ? No.

• LevelDockSix, PhillBellic, _MK_ and 1 other like this

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:23 PM Edited by RM76, 26 September 2016 - 09:09 PM.

Laughable response

Your defense of Redux is laughable. "DUDE IT'S EASY TO INSTALL FOR RETARDS SO THAT MAKES IT OKAY FOR HIM TO STEAL sh*t LMAO BTW GUD GRAFIX"

• PhillBellic, _MK_ and Slash_Alex like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users