Photo

GTA V Redux - Discussion

188 replies to this topic
mkeezay30
  • mkeezay30

Realism Creator

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:57 PM Edited by mkeezay30, 20 September 2016 - 10:20 PM.

Ok Milky Way, you're not quite grasping this so I'm gonna break it down real simple for you.

First off, these mods arnt just a couple of ini edits and a few line changes here and there, we're talking about HUNDREDS of value changes across multiple files, which control lighting, draw distance, illumination, etc, etc, you can't just guess this stuff and hope for the best, it requires editing, booting up the game, seeing what that value changes, etc, the research had to be done, and on a minor note, who do you think that? The VisualV team, and they've been open about it and shared their findings.

Second, again, you can see from this thread alone that the VisualV guys have been at this for months, adjusting, improving, getting feedback from users on here about problematic areas, areas which a mistake or two might have messed up the glow power of grass or rocks or something.

Now, I'll put this question to you, what are the odds of Redux making their values from scratch, those HUNDREDS of changes, with ZERO input from other users, and ending up with near exact same values with the exact same mistakes as older builds of VisualV, whilst also claiming it was put together quickly compared to the year plus work and feedback taken on the VisualV side?

You know what this is, simplest form, it's like having someone write an essay, post it online, and then having someone take that essay, change a few words, and that person saying they did the whole essay and getting credit and praise for it.

It was the maker of Redux himself stating that he did this mod all by himself, a one man's vision, etc. It was the same person who also said he didn't use of base it on VisualV whilst the evidence says otherwise.

Fact is, like it or not, many gaming websites bought into his lie, posted his videos, which he gets revenue from, and has traffic directed to his site which has donation links, why else do you think this saint you look upon is restricting the mod to his websites only? He could upload it elsewhere, but he chose not to, why do you think that is?

This is a person known for stealing other people's work and saying it's his own, and he's hit the jackpot here by getting gaming sites to fall for it and believing that indeed, he did all the work himself.

Can you not grasp just a little at how messed up that is and why the actual mod makers would be pissed off a tad?

I never said that not crediting is a good thing, just that this thing could've been resolved much more maturely than just calling him out on a forum. The guy is probably getting death threats at this point. Like I said, childish.

Think about this. This will be the third project that Romito has copied other peoples mod work and full mods even. this time and last time he requested donations to keep going. He magically got delayed a couple of weeks and his donations spiked i am sure as people tried to support him. So this would mean effectively he profitted off another person's hard work and is laughing all the way to his paypal account. He put very minimal effort into a project he knew was a sham and has gained very public attention for that work. Then when confronted about it at all he does this https://twitter.com/...866273971593216 being a child while already being childish for stealing for self gain. 

He is laughing at home watching the donation ticker and doing any damage control he can without engaging directly with anyone who knows more than he does about modding GTA V. When he got his spotlight on PCGamer it was the highlight to his whole plan and that plays directly into his great plan. Notice his youtube channel is JRProductions. He plans on trying to create a studio or become part of one. Thus his high profile plagiarism. 

So in essence of everything that has happened with him and how to handle anything from him. The only thing that you can do to actually get him to fess up and be a man instead of a child is to publicly shame him. When he has resorted himself to be a child by acting like one and refusing to be an adult then the only recourse is to treat him like what he chose to be in the first place.

Yeh well I've found a couple of the old pics of our chats, most importantly the one where he admitted he had stolen all the work, or rather his mystery friend did, for anyone who doesn't know the true story behing what the reason was, here is the laughably bad lie from Josh about how all my files ended up in his first mod, Pinnacle.

proofs.png

Now tell me that isn't a massive lie, it shows what kind of character he has, and what a complete liar and manipulator he is.

Here's where he says he almost fought his friend over it, if anyone has seen Jrom, you know he isn't a fighter lol
proofs.png

• PhillBellic, Landotel, The7thOne and 3 others like this

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:10 PM

you broke the quote but i still love you.

• mkeezay30 likes this

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

If it keeps on rainin' levee's goin' to break

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:12 PM

what I don't understand, is why this redux thing got a considerably "media coverage" in the first place

is this guy advertising really that good?

• RM76, mkeezay30 and Slash_Alex like this

mkeezay30
  • mkeezay30

Realism Creator

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:17 PM

what I don't understand, is why this redux thing got a considerably "media coverage" in the first place

It must be, a lot of people at numerous publications, PCG being one of the most prominent endorsers of the mod, wouldn't even answer the thread that had people wondering how he got 5 articles for Redux done on PCG alone.

I think at this point we have to at least say it's a possibility he's paid for the coverage at some gaming publications.

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:55 PM Edited by Demon1337, 20 September 2016 - 10:56 PM.

It must be, a lot of people at numerous publications, PCG being one of the most prominent endorsers of the mod, wouldn't even answer the thread that had people wondering how he got 5 articles for Redux done on PCG alone.

I think at this point we have to at least say it's a possibility he's paid for the coverage at some gaming publications.

Has to be paid. Something. I am just glad i got at least one site to change their article. That guy took it and actually read everything. Actually let me grab the email i sent him.

_________________Paul, you recently did an article on the GTA 5 mod Redux from Josh Romito. I would like to bring to your attention that the mod is not his at all. In fact it is a copy of a bunch of other mods in one. Most noteable is the graphic detail of the mod. That is because a modder by the name of _CP_ created the mod Visual V. He details in a post http://gtaforums.com...visualv/page-46 that he can see the spots where he was copied. 

If you look up Josh Romito you might also find that he created The Pinnacle of V. Which when you goto the website you will see where he admits that he copied other mods and then lovingly links to his new mod Redux. now if it were so simple as he learned his lesson that would be that but this is another direct copy. We have also found he made the mod The Miracle of V, which is a similar name and equally just as much mod theft as Pinnacle. Josh Romito claims to be new to modding and is learning yet has managed to get nearly exactly the same values for something that took modders months to find. A team of very good modders for GTAV found these values and somehow Josh Romito has found the same values by himself? 

If you look at the tweet https://twitter.com/...866273971593216 it details that Josh is taking that responsibility and saying that he did this mod all himself. yet has nothing for it. I implore you to fix the article or at least make a new one. This guy doesnt deserve to get the attention he has gotten so far. It must also be mentioned that he has taken a large sum of money in donations and takes all credit for these mods.

Thanks,

Casey/Demon1337
  • PhillBellic, Landotel, RM76 and 2 others like this

mkeezay30
  • mkeezay30

Realism Creator

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:12 PM

Has to be paid. Something. I am just glad i got at least one site to change their article. That guy took it and actually read everything. Actually let me grab the email i sent him.

_________________Paul, you recently did an article on the GTA 5 mod Redux from Josh Romito. I would like to bring to your attention that the mod is not his at all. In fact it is a copy of a bunch of other mods in one. Most noteable is the graphic detail of the mod. That is because a modder by the name of _CP_ created the mod Visual V. He details in a post http://gtaforums.com...visualv/page-46 that he can see the spots where he was copied. 

If you look up Josh Romito you might also find that he created The Pinnacle of V. Which when you goto the website you will see where he admits that he copied other mods and then lovingly links to his new mod Redux. now if it were so simple as he learned his lesson that would be that but this is another direct copy. We have also found he made the mod The Miracle of V, which is a similar name and equally just as much mod theft as Pinnacle. Josh Romito claims to be new to modding and is learning yet has managed to get nearly exactly the same values for something that took modders months to find. A team of very good modders for GTAV found these values and somehow Josh Romito has found the same values by himself? 

If you look at the tweet https://twitter.com/...866273971593216 it details that Josh is taking that responsibility and saying that he did this mod all himself. yet has nothing for it. I implore you to fix the article or at least make a new one. This guy doesnt deserve to get the attention he has gotten so far. It must also be mentioned that he has taken a large sum of money in donations and takes all credit for these mods.

Thanks,

Casey/Demon1337

Good work, you've definitely helped out a lot, glad he was willing to listen to you.

• PhillBellic, Landotel, Slash_Alex and 1 other like this

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:30 PM

Thanks,

Casey/Demon1337

Good work, you've definitely helped out a lot, glad he was willing to listen to you.

I will keep helping any way i can. Its a pain to see a community at the mercy of some asshat who got to much publicity

• RM76 and Slash_Alex like this

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:51 PM Edited by RM76, 20 September 2016 - 11:52 PM.

He was paying the journalists most likely.

• mkeezay30 and Slash_Alex like this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:47 AM

Websites chooses their lovechild i don't know what they go by but they do look at toddy nhancer it got HUUUUUUUGE and it was a reshade, they choose their lovechild and then promote the heck out of it i don't think he paid for it i think they used the mod to get traffic no matter what the mod actually was, maybe it was the fancy video the fancy name or fancy pictures that made them choose him.

Landotel
  • Landotel

Rarely Active

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:05 AM Edited by Raul Passos, 21 September 2016 - 06:49 PM.

I think this topic needs it's own thread because in the VisualV topic it's mostly talking about Redux. Mods you can take it down if you feel this isn't appropriate, but I wanted to make a thread for it simply keeping VisualV back to topic. I don't like Redux, but it's better off as it's own topic than in VisualV. Discussing anything about Redux if it goes somewhere, whether it's the controversy  or the buggy release.

Author: Josh Romito

Previous mods/Clairification: Pinnacle of V and Miracle of V which were compilation of mods, but he actually claimed it as his own, thus the mod has to be taken down. Very important for people to know this

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:33 AM

Just to give some story on all of this that has gone down in the last 48 hours.

PCGamer posted this article: http://www.pcgamer.c...cs-mod-out-now/

If you read the comments we have been drawing a great deal of attention. To include my own twitter sending out as much as i could about the issue and tagging anyone i could

https://twitter.com/...866273971593216

After many hours of work with the many taggings i did with that post and several others i saw another PCGamer article. 

http://www.pcgamer.c...r-modders-work/

Mind you we all can read this thing and tell the author is not happy about the whole thing and even in the comments basically shruggs it all off. But the links he posted were perfect and directed people to the right place. Here. 

http://gtaforums.com...visualv/page-46

If you read the comments on the second PCG article you will see Shutit telling me the exact point where Josh Romito screwed up and copied his work and why it is having issues for its users. 

We have had several article posted about Redux all praising it.

http://www.dsogaming...e-for-download/

http://www.gamepur.c...y-stunning.html

http://www.pcinvasio...ownload-amazing

We havent had a ton of success but some users have listened to us about the issue. I did manage to get one site to post the truth about it all and he even did his own digging to find the reddit post that i forgot to give him. 

http://www.pcinvasio...auses-anger-gta

I have done probably all i can do to help everyone one who has had a mod stolen by this asshat and i hope its enough to give him a big enough problem. He will not learn his lesson it seems and i hope that we can destroy all chances of him pulling a third attempt at popularity. 

If you have any proof at all to offer for this please link it in below and tag me in it. I want to make sure that this gets even more exposure. Please when you include your proof be pretty detailed. Specifically if the file you are posting his copy of please detail if it is a custom file or if it is a modified file from the game itself. Things like this will be our smoking gun. I dont care if my twitter name is known for nothing but destroying Josh Romito in the worst way and people hate me. The modding community is important. Someone like him cannot be allowed to continue to do this crap. 

Equally i think if someone has his address many many many many adult toys and glitter bombs (spring loaded please) would be great additions to his front door step.
  • RM76 likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:37 AM

Does it need its own topic? People should stop giving the mod attention. We all know the guy stole other peoples work and made something of lower quality. But then again, a lot of people like low quality reboots these days. Same deal with modding as with cinema sadly.

knight 4000
  • knight 4000

The Good Guy

• Members
  • Peru

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:03 AM

News in Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/st...f-it-1786866944 and Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer...akers-go-to-war
You can find a lot of these news just searching by "GTA Redux Stealing". 

Have a good day ^_^

Landotel
  • Landotel

Rarely Active

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:17 AM

Does it need its own topic? People should stop giving the mod attention. We all know the guy stole other peoples work and made something of lower quality. But then again, a lot of people like low quality reboots these days. Same deal with modding as with cinema sadly.

Well I made it for the general discussion too, but this stuff doesn't need to posted on VisualV topic.

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
  • Best Vehicle [Snap] 2016
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015
    Best Filtered [Snap] 2015

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:27 AM Edited by _MK_, 21 September 2016 - 06:28 AM.

Anyways for those who are curious about where to get it:

Author: Josh Romito

Why would you put his link ? isn't it clear enough that visiting his homepage is a form of support ? remove the link.

Author ? hes no author,just a half ass copy/paste junky.

• Landotel likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:55 AM

Well I made it for the general discussion too, but this stuff doesn't need to posted on VisualV topic.

Well I'd say its better that it is in its own topic rather than it filling up the VisualV topic, and I am sure that any of the other mods he stole would have the same problem if they had a topic on here.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:46 AM

Dang this makes more noise than my Stranger Things Eleven mod haha.
sometimes I don't know what the world wants..

• Saunders420 likes this

boykimma
  • boykimma

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

for some reason, i can't see the moon anywhere in my game, i also change the moon size to default vanilla, does anyone know how to fix this?

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:16 AM

How the hell did he manage to get so much (external to the GTA community) attention for this anyway? I think the first mod getting this much attention was iCENhancer for GTA IV, but that attention came by itself and it was not hyped beforehand.

I hope the guy gets so much backlash he needs to bring his sh*t down again. I'd hate getting something stolen, though I don't have much to steal from anyways :+

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:23 AM

Guess why Redux didn't have reworked underwater? Becaus we didn't do it until now.
  • Sunrise Driver, Tomasak, robi29 and 7 others like this

HeySlickThatsMe
  • HeySlickThatsMe

Aidun penirse gives Jorgy chink a T-Boner

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:03 AM

#f*ckRedux
#Riot

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:16 PM

It seems as though PCGamer took the article from their news section. Normally you can scroll back and see it but its not there right now. 

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:37 PM

http://www.gamepur.c...ares-proof.html

Another win. Though this one is basically just my email reworked lol. At least its some exposure.

• _MK_ likes this

Razed-
  • Razed-

aka rpg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:08 PM

The YouTube comments on his launch trailer make my head hurt. I worry for today's generation of kids.

GD0jxr8.png
  • RM76 and mkeezay30 like this

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:31 PM

So few people actually know that this is all stolen content. 

• RM76 likes this

ikt
  • ikt

_

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:47 PM

Just deface it with an announcement. Nah, that'd be nasty and pretty illegal.

You probably want news sites to update their original articles and mod hosts to blacklist Redux.

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:54 PM

Thats the goal. I want to see more site slam him and redux for being a hack. Right now only PCGamer refuses to tell the truth as they see it instead of just waving it off and saying its not really true.

• RM76 likes this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:15 PM

Oh, new playa!
https://www.gta5-mod...open-4k-project

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:20 PM

It seems he just wants people to use redux. Like advertising while not advertising?

• RM76 likes this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:23 PM

http://www.eurogamer...akers-go-to-war

Comments are pretty dumb and cancerous there. But that what would you expect from console kiddies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users