Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:59 PM

here they speak about redux :(

http://fraghero.com/...-single-person/

Capa
  • Capa

Player Hater

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:11 PM Edited by Capa, 19 September 2016 - 11:13 PM.

Another sh*tty article about sh*tty mod... first picture is not even from redux, it's from NaturalVision, another overhyped "mod" except it's only a reshade/ENB preset for VisualV... tired of all these "mods" that only change contrast...

• Blackbird88, RM76 and Slash_Alex like this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

on your lap

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:23 PM

No offense, but so he just took your values and that's it? No to say that you didn't put a lot of work, but that's like berating a person for using the same keybinds as you.

No offence, but he only took your cake that you made and passed it off as his own, but that's like berating a person when you can both just go and buy a cake.

So he made a chocolate cake, and if I make the same cake I'm stealing something? This is childish as hell. It's literally just numbers. If it was code or textures or something I would understand, but calling out a person for building on top of what an another person has built is stupid. Why make something new, if you're just ultimately going to make something close to the same thing?

If you build from a base that somebody has created, and you do not credit them, that is childish.

It's clear he built off of VisualV, if he didn't, those values wouldn't be as close to the VisualV configurations. Use your head.

• Blackbird88, Tomasak, PhillBellic and 7 others like this

RM76
  • RM76

GTAF visitor since 2005

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:35 PM

Another sh*tty article about sh*tty mod... first picture is not even from redux, it's from NaturalVision, another overhyped "mod" except it's only a reshade/ENB preset for VisualV... tired of all these "mods" that only change contrast...

What's even funnier is the fact they used like 144p screencaps from the launch trailer in the article.

And it's painfully obvious that Josh retard is paying all these sh*tsites to shill his "mod" (read:package of stolen sh*t)

• Blackbird88, Tomasak and Slash_Alex like this

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!

• Feroci
  • Germany
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:51 PM Edited by Marty McFly, 21 September 2016 - 09:40 PM.

"Simulated global illumination"

MXAO intensifies. To all the people saying "VisualV is just numbers", well, this is some actual coding and it has been stolen as well apparently. 

EDIT: I was wrong, Redux does not use MXAO. Then the simulated GI is a total lie and not just a half lie. Very well.

• Blackbird88, Tomasak, Saunders420 and 7 others like this

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN (Just Kidding f*ck TAKE TWO)

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:37 AM

J. Romito is the Pablo Escobar of The GTA V modding community

mkeezay30
  • mkeezay30

Realism Creator

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:04 AM Edited by mkeezay30, 20 September 2016 - 04:09 AM.

Glad you were able to get through to some of the outlets like PCG, I was giving them evidence they refused to answer about, they wouldn't even answer after a thread of people accused them of getting payed to promote it, good work.

I actually suspended work on my mod simply because Jrom had a history of waiting for me to update Realism before he'd add new features to Pinnacle, and then Redux, just for fun I announced I'd be releasing soon, and he delayed his mod, claiming he had been hacked, well going through "his" physics changes, it's still a bunch of my old stolen work, he was waiting for new stuff, but never got it.

His theft of various mods is unacceptable, he has clearly done as much stealing as he could to make Redux, his visuals are such small changes from VisualV's work it's embarrassing he even thought he'd get away with it, what really pisses me off is how he's pulled this scam twice now, and both times got more coverage than any other V mods that were more deserving, somewhere along the way Jrom payed for his exposure on both Pinnacle, and Redux, I have no doubts.

I am glad he's finally been busted again, and had is going to have to shut down yet another project, now I can get back to working on my stuff, and help Quentin with taking the visuals to another level, along with much more, I'm just hearing "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" in my head right now.

A few images of new reflection testing, something I didn't want Jrom to have, it's the mirror effect where the reflection starts at point of contact

GTA5_2016_09_19_18_52_47_702.png

GTA5_2016_09_19_18_04_31_945.png

• robi29, CalicoApricot, PhillBellic and 8 others like this

neoflix
  • neoflix

Player Hater

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:12 AM Edited by neoflix, 20 September 2016 - 06:24 AM.

Is this mod ok with gta v resized mod? I tried earlier this with vanilla gta and I really like it :)

I talk this mod: http://gtaforums.com...ment-mod/page-1

GTA 5 Redux mod maker accused of stealing other modder's work

http://www.pcgamer.c...uffer_pcgamerfb

• PhillBellic likes this

robi29
  • robi29

VisualV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:42 AM

@nkjellman

"Neutral" weather, about 2 a.m.

@Shakez

In 4-5 days I guess.

@Jax765

We're going to think about it.

@neoflix

Install Resized Mod first and then VisualV. It should work fine.

zeroy
  • zeroy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:42 AM

This is actually interesting. I think its not so easy to call this stolen mod or plagiat. From what I understand there are no added files in this mod (at least the files shown by OP)? If all the files are Stock/Vanilla and only values are edited then Im not sure Redux can be called a stolen mod from VisualV. More over, a lot of the values are different. You change the game look by changing values in Vanilla files and so its not unlikely different modders might arrive at the same value. To me, unless actual custom files not vanilla were stolen / used in Redux then its not a stolen mod. Its a derivative at best and so yes its conceivable Redux took inspiration from VisualV for some of the values in which case a credit should be given.

robi29
  • robi29

VisualV creator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

We added some values, which are unused in vanilla game and do nothing. However we cannot tell you what the values are, because they're our precautions against theft. Redux has this values, so it proves that the entire contents of our files have been copied.

• Reyser and Slash_Alex like this

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

If it keeps on rainin' levee's goin' to break

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:20 AM

http://www.eurogamer...akers-go-to-war

• RM76 and Slash_Alex like this

Milky Way
  • Milky Way

You are here

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:27 PM

its called respect, that is by far the worst analogy btw. More than less of a Renaissance piece, hijacked....and Auctioned off to the highest bidder, which was then also switched out for a replica before getting to the buyer.

No offence, but he only took your cake that you made and passed it off as his own, but that's like berating a person when you can both just go and buy a cake.

coming out with that trailer though imho, which by the way was ridiculously well done. Who the f*ck does VoiceOver narration for a mod showcase on GTA. Dude turned it up a few notches. literally sh*tting on anyone involved. Its like Hey why dont you come and do this for the VisualV Team since they put all effort into creating the visuals we use. nah dude had sh*t planned out to make a profit on someone else`s time and effort. Yes he did put his own effort into his own mashup of mods but the fact of the matter is the visuals. Stolen and not credited. 

Your analogy is even worse. Firstly, nobody is selling anything, secondly, switched out? What? Literally makes no sense in this context.

@Milky Way Because he can't make anything from the bottom.He needs to steal the start from the real modders like these guys
Now please shhhhh little child

If I want to build a bicycle, I have to build from the bottom up, even though there are perfectly fine designs already out? smh.

If you build from a base that somebody has created, and you do not credit them, that is childish.

It's clear he built off of VisualV, if he didn't, those values wouldn't be as close to the VisualV configurations. Use your head.

Some modders are some of the most self pretentious people. People give away sources of whole games online, and people are complaining about some values. Jesus Christ, are we going to start copyrighting .ini files soon? If a person has the same pos, rot and scale of an object as me do I call him out on a forum to get everyone to hate him too? No, because its childish as hell. How is building on top of something and not giving credit childish? Complaining about this whole thing is childish.

I know this forum too well on this kind of thing, so I won't even bother.

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:34 PM

Tagging you

CP, i have been trying to get as much attention on Josh Romito and Redux as possible to show how much of a hack he is. PCGamer just did their article and said they contacted you. Also I am working on getting Kotaku to look into it. 

http://www.pcgamer.c...r-modders-work/

Hope this slimeball gets his come uppins.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:05 PM

Ok Milky Way, you're not quite grasping this so I'm gonna break it down real simple for you.

First off, these mods arnt just a couple of ini edits and a few line changes here and there, we're talking about HUNDREDS of value changes across multiple files, which control lighting, draw distance, illumination, etc, etc, you can't just guess this stuff and hope for the best, it requires editing, booting up the game, seeing what that value changes, etc, the research had to be done, and on a minor note, who do you think that? The VisualV team, and they've been open about it and shared their findings.

Second, again, you can see from this thread alone that the VisualV guys have been at this for months, adjusting, improving, getting feedback from users on here about problematic areas, areas which a mistake or two might have messed up the glow power of grass or rocks or something.

Now, I'll put this question to you, what are the odds of Redux making their values from scratch, those HUNDREDS of changes, with ZERO input from other users, and ending up with near exact same values with the exact same mistakes as older builds of VisualV, whilst also claiming it was put together quickly compared to the year plus work and feedback taken on the VisualV side?

You know what this is, simplest form, it's like having someone write an essay, post it online, and then having someone take that essay, change a few words, and that person saying they did the whole essay and getting credit and praise for it.

It was the maker of Redux himself stating that he did this mod all by himself, a one man's vision, etc. It was the same person who also said he didn't use of base it on VisualV whilst the evidence says otherwise.

Fact is, like it or not, many gaming websites bought into his lie, posted his videos, which he gets revenue from, and has traffic directed to his site which has donation links, why else do you think this saint you look upon is restricting the mod to his websites only? He could upload it elsewhere, but he chose not to, why do you think that is?

This is a person known for stealing other people's work and saying it's his own, and he's hit the jackpot here by getting gaming sites to fall for it and believing that indeed, he did all the work himself.

Can you not grasp just a little at how messed up that is and why the actual mod makers would be pissed off a tad?
  • _CP_, Sunrise Driver, Silent and 15 others like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:26 PM Edited by Tomasak, 20 September 2016 - 02:26 PM.

-shilling text-

hey Josh Romito.
you have no power here.
now go away.
  • Jinx., knight 4000, PhillBellic and 11 others like this

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
  • Best Vehicle [Snap] 2016
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015
    Best Filtered [Snap] 2015

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:09 PM

f*cking thief.

100% re-written weather files from scratch

Brand new timecycle modifiers

Lowered and re-configured fog for natural

Lowered lens artifacts, removed chromatic aberration, noise, and environmental blur for a clean view

Added brand new motion blur, DOF effects, and additional bokeh, for that picture perfect look

Newly added volumetric lighting for all times of day

And the list goes on...

http://www.dsogaming...e-for-download/

• PhillBellic likes this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:11 PM

the good thing is that his name is plastered everywhere, hope it was worth the 1 or 2 000 he made off this

• PhillBellic, Landotel, RM76 and 1 other like this

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:38 PM

f*cking thief.

100% re-written weather files from scratch

Brand new timecycle modifiers

Lowered and re-configured fog for natural

Lowered lens artifacts, removed chromatic aberration, noise, and environmental blur for a clean view

Added brand new motion blur, DOF effects, and additional bokeh, for that picture perfect look

Newly added volumetric lighting for all times of day

And the list goes on...

http://www.dsogaming...e-for-download/

I have been trying to find every site i could and get everyone to look here and at other places. I really want this guy to burn for this.

• PhillBellic likes this

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
  • Best Vehicle [Snap] 2016
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015
    Best Filtered [Snap] 2015

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:01 PM

Here another site:

http://www.gamepur.c...y-stunning.html

"100% re-written weather files from scratch" i don't know if i should cry or laugh about this.

• knight 4000, PhillBellic and RM76 like this

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:18 PM

Here another site:

http://www.gamepur.c...y-stunning.html

"100% re-written weather files from scratch" i don't know if i should cry or laugh about this.

I hit them on twitter, and sent some contact. Maybe we can slowly get as much of this down as possible or at the very least crap on his name enough for people to know he is a hack and thief.

• knight 4000, Landotel and Slash_Alex like this

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:22 PM

http://www.pcinvasio...auses-anger-gta

HA! I managed to get this one posted. We win this one!

• PhillBellic, Landotel, RM76 and 1 other like this

mkeezay30
  • mkeezay30

Realism Creator

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

Good stuff, let everyone know what a thief this guy is, he deserves no compassion this time, twice now he has pulled this same sad self serving scam mod release.

• knight 4000, PhillBellic, Landotel and 2 others like this

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:30 PM

This fool is only in it for the money he can make from donations and fame. I wouldnt doubt to see his name on a developers list as a scumbag  coder where he got a job from someone elses discovery.

• PhillBellic, RM76 and Slash_Alex like this

Landotel
  • Landotel

RED DEAD 3 HYPE TRAIN (Just Kidding f*ck TAKE TWO)

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:48 PM Edited by Raul Passos, 20 September 2016 - 06:49 PM.

Josh Romito doesn't ethically care about the mods he picks, just another case of a con artist scamming someone into thinking it's their own. The values may be different, but it's not made from "100% scratched," CP and many other modders should've got credit where it's due, for respect of others. J. Romito keep in mind, also asked for donations on Redux, so yeah this compilation of mods might be taken down sooner or later.
  • PhillBellic, RM76, mkeezay30 and 1 other like this

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

I think we need to find more links to mods and make it very obvious. I plan on trying to do this myself however of course i am new to the community so i have alot to learn.

• PhillBellic likes this

francisisgay
  • francisisgay

stop looking at my profile

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:53 PM

Speaking of stealing...
https://www.gta5-mod...open-4k-project

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

that guy is basically telling people to use redux for native 4k lol

Milky Way
  • Milky Way

You are here

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:02 PM

Ok Milky Way, you're not quite grasping this so I'm gonna break it down real simple for you.

First off, these mods arnt just a couple of ini edits and a few line changes here and there, we're talking about HUNDREDS of value changes across multiple files, which control lighting, draw distance, illumination, etc, etc, you can't just guess this stuff and hope for the best, it requires editing, booting up the game, seeing what that value changes, etc, the research had to be done, and on a minor note, who do you think that? The VisualV team, and they've been open about it and shared their findings.

Second, again, you can see from this thread alone that the VisualV guys have been at this for months, adjusting, improving, getting feedback from users on here about problematic areas, areas which a mistake or two might have messed up the glow power of grass or rocks or something.

Now, I'll put this question to you, what are the odds of Redux making their values from scratch, those HUNDREDS of changes, with ZERO input from other users, and ending up with near exact same values with the exact same mistakes as older builds of VisualV, whilst also claiming it was put together quickly compared to the year plus work and feedback taken on the VisualV side?

You know what this is, simplest form, it's like having someone write an essay, post it online, and then having someone take that essay, change a few words, and that person saying they did the whole essay and getting credit and praise for it.

It was the maker of Redux himself stating that he did this mod all by himself, a one man's vision, etc. It was the same person who also said he didn't use of base it on VisualV whilst the evidence says otherwise.

Fact is, like it or not, many gaming websites bought into his lie, posted his videos, which he gets revenue from, and has traffic directed to his site which has donation links, why else do you think this saint you look upon is restricting the mod to his websites only? He could upload it elsewhere, but he chose not to, why do you think that is?

This is a person known for stealing other people's work and saying it's his own, and he's hit the jackpot here by getting gaming sites to fall for it and believing that indeed, he did all the work himself.

Can you not grasp just a little at how messed up that is and why the actual mod makers would be pissed off a tad?

I never said that not crediting is a good thing, just that this thing could've been resolved much more maturely than just calling him out on a forum. The guy is probably getting death threats at this point. Like I said, childish.

Demon1337
  • Demon1337

Snipers Get more head!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

I never said that not crediting is a good thing, just that this thing could've been resolved much more maturely than just calling him out on a forum. The guy is probably getting death threats at this point. Like I said, childish.

Think about this. This will be the third project that Romito has copied other peoples mod work and full mods even. this time and last time he requested donations to keep going. He magically got delayed a couple of weeks and his donations spiked i am sure as people tried to support him. So this would mean effectively he profitted off another person's hard work and is laughing all the way to his paypal account. He put very minimal effort into a project he knew was a sham and has gained very public attention for that work. Then when confronted about it at all he does this https://twitter.com/...866273971593216 being a child while already being childish for stealing for self gain. 

He is laughing at home watching the donation ticker and doing any damage control he can without engaging directly with anyone who knows more than he does about modding GTA V. When he got his spotlight on PCGamer it was the highlight to his whole plan and that plays directly into his great plan. Notice his youtube channel is JRProductions. He plans on trying to create a studio or become part of one. Thus his high profile plagiarism. 

So in essence of everything that has happened with him and how to handle anything from him. The only thing that you can do to actually get him to fess up and be a man instead of a child is to publicly shame him. When he has resorted himself to be a child by acting like one and refusing to be an adult then the only recourse is to treat him like what he chose to be in the first place.

• knight 4000, PhillBellic, Landotel and 4 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users