Photo

[Vehicles] The Official B*tch & Moan Topic

646 replies to this topic
oMass3y91
  • oMass3y91

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:15 PM Edited by oMass3y91, 26 September 2016 - 06:17 PM.

You realize that this was a street legal race car for its time period, Right?! It was like the Zonda R of its time period and used to be one of the fastest cars in the world at the time and was known to go as fast as An Aventador if tuned right. The wing is meant to help with aerodynamics. I mean sure, it's a brick with some wings on wheels, but seriously, i had a friend die in a crash while driving his old superbird. I mean sure the car is ridiculous, but like Scag said that was the whole point of it and the charger daytona. Just to show how ridiculously fast and crazy a car can be. So can you stop giving the car sh*t...PLEASE I Mean Seriously People?!

Doesn't mean I can't personally believe that it is ugly. So what's your point? I can find it just as ugly in real life as I can in a video game mate.

Anyways, I know we'll never get it as this point and I don't care about PC master race stfu, I wish we would ever see a clean Bodhi and clean Injection.

Wargasm__Monkey
  • Wargasm__Monkey

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:21 PM

1, Roll cages that add nitrous bottles when we do not have nitrous in the game, why you do this Rockstar?

2, The Entity XF window screen on old gen had the wiper blade run right up the center just like an actual koenigsegg which i loved, Now on current gen it is folded down at the bottom like every other car.

3, Any car that has no or very few visual modifications like bumpers or spoilers, this is even more annoying when the vehicle is a new DLC vehicle.

Those are my main gripes.

• PhillBellic and rlk232 like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:38 PM

It's clear that A) it's a game and it doesn't matter a damn anyway B) even if taking it seriously cars obviously only need a rear license plate in the GTA world as many only have one, so it annoys me when they have one stuck on the front in a stupid place that spoils the front of the car. Surely if in doubt when designing a car for the game, just don't use it. Nobody's going to get you in trouble for it.

I've forgotten most of the cars that I've thought it about though there have been several but the worst of them all is the Stinger. A beautiful, sweeping, clean front bumper ruined by a completely unnecessary plate.

I hate front plates and I hate the cops in real life who are petty enough to pull people over for not having one. Literally every nice car I've spotted lacks a front plate though. And the ones who get caught usually put it in their windshield. Looks a helluva lot better than ruining the grill of an Audi or Lexus. The Ferraris don't even have a spot for a front plate. :lol:

Anyways...

My rant today is about the Massacro. This was an addition prior to current-gen. Last-gen ironically had more cockpit variety than current-gen currently does. The Infernus had it's own unique interior based on the Gallardo's, the Rapid GT Roadster (and only the Roadster for some reason) had one based on the Aston Martins, the Bullet had a stripped down Feltzer's interior with grey accenting, etc. It was just a lot more diverse. So the Massacro came out and I figured they used the Aston Martin interior on it as it would compliment the design. Nope. They cut n paste that crappy looking 9F cockpit into it. You don't wanna know how much that pissed me off when I first saw it. And then when I found out that current-gen stripped a lot of old interiors, replacing them with sh*t ones. Like the Ruiner getting a generic muscle car dash or the Surfer getting a 90's minivan cabin. How f*cking tacky. I still can't get over that sh*t. Why would a game on better hardware with an actual FPV mode have less cockpit variety than it's supposedly inferior counterpart? That makes absolutely no sense. That is nothing but laziness. Period.

And onto the Massacro itself. They had everything right in the front. It just needed to be wider. You get to the side profile and it still looked great. But then you get to the rear and they basically cut n past a Rapid GT and changed up the exhaust pipes. Pa-the-tic. I really hate it when they show potential and then f*ck up like that. These aren't real cars, everybody knows that. Like that means anything. They've shown that they can make a properly proportioned car so why don't they every single time? Everybody ranting on about how hard they must work to push out these cookie cutter DLCs and yet it seems like they just slap them up while drinking whiskey or some sh*t.

• PhillBellic, Nacho Z and Thugazi like this

oMass3y91
  • oMass3y91

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:41 PM

State law here is you need to have both front and back plates, and not in your windshield.

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:04 PM

State law here is you need to have both front and back plates, and not in your windshield.

Thing is though, GTA law doesn't require a front plate so why put one on when it has a negative effect on the look of the car. The Ferrari the Stinger is based on doesn't usually have one but they forced it on there anyway.

oMass3y91
  • oMass3y91

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:06 PM

Thing is though, GTA law doesn't require a front plate so why put one on when it has a negative effect on the look of the car. The Ferrari the Stinger is based on doesn't usually have one but they forced it on there anyway.

Because 1) how do you know it's not a law in San An? 2) As much as it bothers you it doesn't bother everyone.

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:16 PM

Because 1) how do you know it's not a law in San An? 2) As much as it bothers you it doesn't bother everyone.

1) because there are a lot of cars in the game with only a rear license plate. I would have thought this was blindingly obvious.

2) when did I say it bothered everyone? I didn't and have no clue why you made that point.

oMass3y91
  • oMass3y91

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:29 PM

1) because there are a lot of cars in the game with only a rear license plate. I would have thought this was blindingly obvious.

2) when did I say it bothered everyone? I didn't and have no clue why you made that point.

1) How do you know those vehicles aren't street legal?

2) I respect that.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:38 PM

It's a game. We should have the option to remove front plates. 90% of exotic cars in California don't even have front plates.

• rlk232 likes this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:44 PM

1) How do you know those vehicles aren't street legal?

2) I respect that.

They're bought from mainstream car dealers which is enough reason for me to conclude everything is above board but also if it was illegal the cops would pull you for it, which they don't.

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:42 AM

Even if it is illegal in San Andreas to remove your front plate...everyone's a criminal in GTAO. 

I feel like the people driving heavily armored LAPVs and bulletproof sports cars would be further up on the "wanted" list than people who elect to remove their front plates. 

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:10 AM

Even if it is illegal in San Andreas to remove your front plate...everyone's a criminal in GTAO. 
I feel like the people driving heavily armored LAPVs and bulletproof sports cars would be further up on the "wanted" list than people who elect to remove their front plates. 

No doubt, but the fact that decidedly non-criminal NPCs drive the same cars without front plates means it's safe to say it's simply state law.

Back on topic, I wish the Vigero's mirrors were in the usual place and not halfway down the hood.

Thugazi
  • Thugazi

chichi get the yayo

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:38 AM Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, 28 September 2016 - 02:27 PM.

Bought the Brioso, I've always loved the Fiat 500. Sure, it's not the best looking copy, but still a cute, exciting car. I gave it a nice cream paint job, modern rims; made it look like it came straight from the showroom with all the top specs.

I enter first person..

Lo and behold it has that dashboard from the Rover 25.

This is a f*cking Italian car, not a car from communist Russia.

Give it something more Kubrick, like the OG 500:

Br7IId2.jpg

• PhillBellic, mickt1978, Wombater and 4 others like this

Lazid
  • Lazid

Gunslinger

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:01 PM

@Arthur I like little Fiat 500's too man, but I can't bring myself to like the Brioso.. It's those damn carbons fenders or wheel arches, whatever they are.
  • Thugazi likes this

Thugazi
  • Thugazi

chichi get the yayo

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:47 PM

@Arthur I like little Fiat 500's too man, but I can't bring myself to like the Brioso.. It's those damn carbons fenders or wheel arches, whatever they are.

They are off-putting, would have loved a non-race version. They make the car sit like a vey large woman with her stomach rolls leaking from her shirt.

P1FWIOJ.jpg

I tried to capture as much of the 500's spirit as possible, but I do get exactly what you mean.

• Lazid and Mervz789 like this

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:02 PM

They make the car sit like a vey large woman with her stomach rolls leaking from her shirt.

You got a real way with words.

But yeah, I saw a 500 walking the other day and the first thought that came to mind was 'God that looks so much better without those arches'.

• Mervz789 and Thugazi like this

Thugazi
  • Thugazi

chichi get the yayo

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:49 PM

You got a real way with words.

But yeah, I saw a 500 walking the other day and the first thought that came to mind was 'God that looks so much better without those arches'.

Guess my English GCSE payed off after all. How did it walk without legs? but yes I agree, looks much more niche.

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:04 PM

The ETR1 should've came with a turbo or something. For being a racecar especially a Super, it sounded really tame without one.
  • Mervz789 likes this

ngazi
  • ngazi

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:36 AM Edited by ngazi, 29 September 2016 - 12:37 AM.

I guess they were playing off the fact that many games, especially the Need for Speeds, only let you buy the non-turbo SZ-R so you can bolt them on later.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:31 AM

I actually quite liked the sound of it. Had to race a stock one the other day.

Of course I dont know how much better it sounds with a turbo so I may be missing out.
  • Scaglietti, oMass3y91 and Carter4point8 like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:03 AM

Of course I dont know how much better it sounds with a turbo so I may be missing out.

Turbos almost always make a car sound worse so I'm with you, it sounds really good as is.
  • oMass3y91, Carter4point8 and Thugazi like this

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

Miss Demeanor

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:04 AM

Turbos almost always make a car sound worse so I'm with you, it sounds really good as is.

I think that margin is closer to 50/50. Some cars sound great. Others, just obnoxious.
  • Mach1bud likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:12 AM Edited by Scaglietti, 30 September 2016 - 06:13 AM.

I think that margin is closer to 50/50. Some cars sound great. Others, just obnoxious.

In game or in real life? I know in the game I hate the sound of turbos unless they're stock like the bi-turbo Schafter V12. That "psst" sound those aftermarket ones make is just horrible can't stand it unless I'm driving some stripped down souped up pos. In real life turbo cars sound a lot worse than naturally aspirated/supercharged cars. Typically they're smaller engines and they either sound like lawnmowers (M4) or make fake sounds to make up for how it doesn't really have an exhaust note (AMG GT/V6 F-Type).

• Mach1bud likes this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:49 AM

In game or in real life? I know in the game I hate the sound of turbos unless they're stock like the bi-turbo Schafter V12. That "psst" sound those aftermarket ones make is just horrible can't stand it unless I'm driving some stripped down souped up pos. In real life turbo cars sound a lot worse than naturally aspirated/supercharged cars. Typically they're smaller engines and they either sound like lawnmowers (M4) or make fake sounds to make up for how it doesn't really have an exhaust note (AMG GT/V6 F-Type).

I think he meant in game, but you know as well as I do there are many cars with many sounds out there, a lot of peeps like all those pssst noises.

*shurgging meme*

I know when I think about a turbo car, an M4 or F Type is not what comes to mind :p
  • Scaglietti likes this

Thugazi
  • Thugazi

chichi get the yayo

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:28 PM Edited by Arthur Fookin Shelby, 30 September 2016 - 12:29 PM.

Since changing rims is a popular and successful addition to GTA Online I want to see the changing of tires. You can get a huge variety of different tires which can help improve the ride and the looks of your car. This would solve many of the problems I have and I'm sure a few others have.

The Off-Road tires- I would like to see some more subtle additions for these, the treads on the current tires are too big and visible making them look out of place on SUVs used for city and country action; Baller, XLS, Mesa. These tires could also work on rally cars without looking too chunky; Kuruma, Omnis, Tropos. 

Classic Racing- I'd love to be able to select more of those blown up Goodyear classic looking tires used as defaults on certain classics like the Stinger GT and JB 700, they give a much more sporty look and would look great on classic muscle cars and sports car.

Racing Tires- More expensive tires which would be beneficial for standard races and stunt races on tarmac. They would be slick with smooth treads like the ones used in Formula One, perhaps they would have to be replaced if they get too worn to create a con for their usefulness.

Misc- This is something that specially annoyed me, was the default Roosevelt tires came equipped with whitewalls, I wanted to go for a vintage racing look for mine but could not get rid of the whitewalls and the classic rims didn't have suitable looking tires.

Obviously I could include much more but I'll leave that for others to decide on.

• PhillBellic, JRC99, Carter4point8 and 1 other like this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:46 PM

Just watching Goldfinger and admiring Bond's DB5 which in my opinion is one of the most beautiful cars of all time. It's such a shame that Rockstar couldn't be bothered to remove the guns from the JB700. It's a spot on replica of the DB5, the engine sounds great and for my tastes the handling is perfection. But the pretend guns...dammit Rockstar. Well done for ruining one of the most iconic British cars ever.
  • PhillBellic, Scaglietti and Carter4point8 like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:52 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 07 October 2016 - 10:54 PM.

Just watching Goldfinger and admiring Bond's DB5 which in my opinion is one of the most beautiful cars of all time. It's such a shame that Rockstar couldn't be bothered to remove the guns from the JB700. It's a spot on replica of the DB5, the engine sounds great and for my tastes the handling is perfection. But the pretend guns...dammit Rockstar. Well done for ruining one of the most iconic British cars ever.

Rockstar always has to make something great and then find out ways to ruin it, I mean look at V itself.

Also the physics in this game are weird. The cars are finally feeling better, the newer ones at least, but the physics of the game itself as so off. I just slided in my XLS straight into the water from slight understeer.
  • PhillBellic and Nacho Z like this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:09 PM

Rockstar always has to make something great and then find out ways to ruin it, I mean look at V itself.

Also the physics in this game are weird. The cars are finally feeling better, the newer ones at least, but the physics of the game itself as so off. I just slided in my XLS straight into the water from slight understeer.

It's true like, they do have a knack for creating something potentially great but then shooting themselves in the foot. The Tyrus is a perfect example, why in the name of Janet is the sticker for Pisswasser still on the car on the non-livery version? They must have noticed it wasn't right but thought "f*ck it, people will still buy it".

Yes eventually if enough people complain they'll patch it and that's a good thing but it's their own lack of fine detail quality control that needs looking at.

Initial.Dinka
  • Initial.Dinka

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:30 AM

the off-road bikes need better sounding engines. They all sound like road bikes 

JRC99
  • JRC99

Needs a V8 in his Dakota

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

1. Thank you, Scag. We needed this thread.

2. The Superbird's wing served a purpose, f*ck off. It's not meant to look good.

3. THE. INTERIORS. SUCK.

Why does the Rat Truck have interior from a 1980s Suburban?

Why does the Tornado have a generic Muscle car interior? 

Why do the Surfer and Youga Classic use a 90s van interior? 

It's f*cking atrocious how lazy they've been with the interiors.

• Lc gta, Voit Turyv, PhillBellic and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users