Photo

[Vehicles] The Official B*tch & Moan Topic

646 replies to this topic
Irish45455
  • Irish45455

Irish45455

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:05 PM Edited by Irish45455, 19 August 2017 - 06:22 AM.

Way they see it, if it's old and has a V8, why not class it as a muscle car? I mean the Vans class would have made more sense but I'm just a lowly peasant compared to Rockstar. And for Christ's sake they have the Bobcat in the Vans class so what the hell do I know?

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

This really annoys me because it's solid proof that C* can re-class a vehicle if they actually want to.

They could save so many vehicles from "never gonna race it" hell but they just f*cking don't.

I don't think they really care. They probably looked at the telemetry data they collect & found the majority of people race only Supercars & Sports cars ... So they said why bother & moved on.

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

Way they see it, if it's old and has a V8, why not class it as a muscle car? I mean the Vans class would have made more sense but I'm just a lowly peasant compared to Rockstar. And for Christ's sake they have the Sadler in the Vans class so what the hell do I know?

Pickups are treated prooley & misrepresented in the game. You got the Bison & Saddler in Vans, Contender in SUVs, Slamvan & Picador in Muscle, 6x6 & the Sandkings in Offroads ... Its a mess & I don't even know where they put the Bobcat.
  • kovaandr and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

Bobcat is in Vans I believe, Sadler is actually in Utility.

They really should have created a Trucks class and put them all in there. The Slamvan and Picador could be multiclass as I do think they somewhat fit Muscle as well.
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

FujiwaraTofuShop
  • FujiwaraTofuShop

Initial D 2nd stage made me cri :(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

The Futo doesn't sound like a 20v 4AGE with ITB's at all, sounds like a generic old sports-esque car. It says "inline 20v RWD" on the side yet it doesn't sound anything like the car its based on (same problem with the Forza AE86 too though :v). In fact, it should sound more like these

First one is a slightly modified Race verison, a Formula Atlantic engine. The second one at around 1:44 is the regular 4AGE 16v version, but is closer to what the Futo should actually sound like, amazing.

This is what the IRL equivalent of the Futo should sound like, at 0:49 seconds 

Also the same 20v engine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkEy_zCEu3Y

• A Maned Wolf and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

Bobcat is in Vans I believe, Sadler is actually in Utility.

They really should have created a Trucks class and put them all in there. The Slamvan and Picador could be multiclass as I do think they somewhat fit Muscle as well.

Ooh okay, I stand corrected. Thanks, Mach!.

Agreed on both counts.

Picklez
  • Picklez

There's always wood to chop.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:07 PM

This really annoys me because it's solid proof that C* can re-class a vehicle if they actually want to.

They could save so many vehicles from "never gonna race it" hell but they just f*cking don't.

I don't think they really care. They probably looked at the telemetry data they collect & found the majority of people race only Supercars & Sports cars ... So they said why bother & moved on.

Oh I know they only care about supers and sports cars. But at the very least somebody could spend a lunch break re-classing some cars and throwing them a bone. 

• Econobrick and kovaandr like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:36 PM

Oh I know they only care about supers and sports cars. But at the very least somebody could spend a lunch break re-classing some cars and throwing them a bone. 

Yep.

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Weather

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:33 AM Edited by TCMike, 21 August 2017 - 01:58 AM.

Oh, come on.  I can't store a rent-a-cop-car Prius?  

1011.jpg

They really need to reevaluate the black list.  

• Voit Turyv, A Maned Wolf, Arrows to Athens and 4 others like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:37 PM

There are times where I wonder if I'm the only one who properly tests new cars. People get their hands on them and fly them around and race them and then whine "oh this isn't the best at X it isn't as fast as X the steering is so and so" and I'm like, not every car that comes out is designed to be better than the last addition.

Do people in the GTA fanbase not understand that cars are still coming out based on their real life counterpart's performance? Not necessarily in comparison to how fast it should be to the last DLC car? And everything is race race race. sh*t doesn't properly test a car. I've evaded bitches in my Bestia when folks chased me in "objectively" better cars.

When I test a car, the first thing I feel for is power delivery. How smoothly does it take off? Then I test the steering feel. Slowly and then quickly. Then I try my regular routine with the car. Drive how I drive and go places I would go with it. Half the cars people whine about aren't bad at all in that regard. Look my Lynx fanboy status has died and that car was sold long ago but that thing was not bad around town and it had a lot of get up and go. Maybe for 2.1 million it wasn't as over-the-top as it should've been but as far as how it handled and performed it was exactly F-Type R Coupe and that was the goal. Whoever priced it was drunk as hell.

• LahTigre, Arrows to Athens and majong12 like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:43 PM Edited by Pedinhuh, 01 September 2017 - 05:45 PM.

There are times where I wonder if I'm the only one who properly tests new cars. People get their hands on them and fly them around and race them and then whine "oh this isn't the best at X it isn't as fast as X the steering is so and so" and I'm like, not every car that comes out is designed to be better than the last addition.

Do people in the GTA fanbase not understand that cars are still coming out based on their real life counterpart's performance? Not necessarily in comparison to how fast it should be to the last DLC car? And everything is race race race. sh*t doesn't properly test a car. I've evaded bitches in my Bestia when folks chased me in "objectively" better cars.

When I test a car, the first thing I feel for is power delivery. How smoothly does it take off? Then I test the steering feel. Slowly and then quickly. Then I try my regular routine with the car. Drive how I drive and go places I would go with it. Half the cars people whine about aren't bad at all in that regard. Look my Lynx fanboy status has died and that car was sold long ago but that thing was not bad around town and it had a lot of get up and go. Maybe for 2.1 million it wasn't as over-the-top as it should've been but as far as how it handled and performed it was exactly F-Type R Coupe and that was the goal. Whoever priced it was drunk as hell.

I wouldn't exactly say all that all in-game cars based on their real life counterpart performance.

If that were the case:

-811 wouldn't be so sh*t around corners;
-Adder and Nero would be the top dogs, top-speed wise, then followed by the GP1;
-The Banshee 900R would be a competition for the Tyrus;
-The Sultan RS wouldn't be a supercar.
-The Sabre Turbo Custom wouldn't even come close to be a competitor against the Dominator Racecar;
-The Faction would be one of the top dogs in the muscle car class(if we take out the Racecars from the class);
-The Blade wouldn't be able to corner for sh*t(as it stands, it's much more stable around corners than anything else in the class);
-Stinger GT and the Monroe would be the Supreme top dogs of the sports classics, followed by the Mamba and the Stirling GT;
-Z-Type should be bottom tier, along with the Tornado, Manana, etc...
-All the Gun Running Sports Classics should be sports or supercars.

In the end, R* bases the vehicles performance around looks and money, mostly. But they also try to keep a sense of balance in some car classes.

They also have no f*cking clue how to class their vehicles.
  • Arrows to Athens, Commander S, Suzuki Azure Vulpine and 2 others like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
    Coolest Member 2016

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

Spoiler

I think you just aren't into racing in GTA so it doesn't matter to you and it's hard for you to understand. A lot of people couldn't care less about any of what you said, they just want the car that makes it easiest to win races in. It doesn't matter to racers how a car cruises around town or what it sounds like or whatever.

There is an absolutely huge community of racers on GTA, that means track performance is going to come up a lot.
  • mickt1978, Mogg and Nossirag like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:35 PM Edited by Arrows to Athens, 01 September 2017 - 06:36 PM.

Spoiler

I think you just aren't into racing in GTA so it doesn't matter to you and it's hard for you to understand. A lot of people couldn't care less about any of what you said, they just want the car that makes it easiest to win races in. It doesn't matter to racers how a car cruises around town or what it sounds like or whatever.

There is an absolutely huge community of racers on GTA, that means track performance is going to come up a lot.

It must be lifeless and boring to only want and drive the fastest cars to win races. Why not mix it up a little bit? For me at least, I would prefer to drive cars that aren't the fastest, but still fast enough to compete so that it poses a challenge for me and actually seems like an achievement when I do win in them.

• Scaglietti likes this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
    Coolest Member 2016

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

Spoiler

It must be lifeless and boring to only want and drive the fastest cars to win races. Why not mix it up a little bit? For me at least, I would prefer to drive cars that aren't the fastest, but still fast enough to compete so that it poses a challenge for me and actually seems like an achievement when I do win in them.

See but for the racing community, beating the other drivers is the challenge, not beating the other cars. Idk if that makes sense.

When you are already racing with talented people, you can't afford to choose a slower car and hope that they crash or whatever. We aren't talking about randumbs racing.

It's boring being left in the dust in the back, it's not boring mixing it up and battling for position in the pack.
  • mickt1978 and Nossirag like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:19 PM Edited by Arrows to Athens, 01 September 2017 - 08:20 PM.

Spoiler

See but for the racing community, beating the other drivers is the challenge, not beating the other cars. Idk if that makes sense.

When you are already racing with talented people, you can't afford to choose a slower car and hope that they crash or whatever. We aren't talking about randumbs racing.

It's boring being left in the dust in the back, it's not boring mixing it up and battling for position in the pack.

''When you are already racing with talented people, you can't afford to choose a slower car and hope that they crash or whatever.''

Well, if I'm forced to drive the best car that I don't even like just so I can get an equal chance of win, then it's not as fun. I prefer to drive the car that I like which isn't too slow and can keep up, but is not necessarily the fastest. Also, if we all went by this mentality, then most people, or everyone, would be driving the exact same car. Imagine how dull races would be like that.

''It's boring being left in the dust in the back, it's not boring mixing it up and battling for position in the pack.''

Which is why I said that I'd rather drive cars that aren't the fastest, but still fast enough to compete so that it poses a challenge for me and actually seems like an achievement when I do win in them. People in the quickest cars aren't always going to be very skilled racers, so if you're in a slightly slower car and they're in the fastest car, but you're a better driver than them, the chances of you winning is higher.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
    Coolest Member 2016

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

People in the quickest cars aren't always going to be very skilled racers

Those aren't the people I am talking about though. I am specifically talking about the racing community.

I would rather do a race with everyone in the exact same car and have a very close race, where driving skill is the winning factor. Don't get me wrong I like a good underdog fight as well, but my point is that when all other racers are at a similar highly skilled level, you need a car that can keep pace.
  • mickt1978 and Foxwolfe like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

Those aren't the people I am talking about though. I am specifically talking about the racing community.

I would rather do a race with everyone in the exact same car and have a very close race, where driving skill is the winning factor. Don't get me wrong I like a good underdog fight as well, but my point is that when all other racers are at a similar highly skilled level, you need a car that can keep pace.

But not everyone within the racing community have the same skill level. You have poor racers, average racers, and good racers.

Mogg
  • Mogg

Kupo!

• Members
  • Norway
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

But not everyone within the racing community have the same skill level. You have poor racers, average racers, and good racers.

i'll be honest - i'm not sure what you're getting at? should those deemed good racers race in adders, whereas those who have a hard time racking up decent lap times be allowed the tempesta?

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:57 PM Edited by Arrows to Athens, 01 September 2017 - 10:01 PM.

i'll be honest - i'm not sure what you're getting at? should those deemed good racers race in adders, whereas those who have a hard time racking up decent lap times be allowed the tempesta?

You got the wrong idea about my posts. I'm saying that there are people with average skill level who would race in the quickest cars. If I had a slightly slower car than the average skilled player while he was in the quickest car in the class, but I was more skilled, I would have a pretty good chance of winning, even though he's in the quicker car.

What does this mean? It means that it's not always about the car; it's about the driver behind the wheel as well. People always want the quickest cars in the game, but for me, it's all about driving the car that you like and feel comfortable with, not the car that is the quickest. Otherwise, it gets boring fast. Imagine seeing everyone in the exact same car. I'm not saying you should drive slow cars like the Adder, because there are many other supers in the class that can compete with the top supers. You've literally misinterpreted all of my posts.

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:59 PM

I wouldn't exactly say all that all in-game cars based on their real life counterpart performance.

If that were the case:

-811 wouldn't be so sh*t around corners;
-Adder and Nero would be the top dogs, top-speed wise, then followed by the GP1;
-The Banshee 900R would be a competition for the Tyrus;
-The Sultan RS wouldn't be a supercar.

GP1 was the first thing that came to mind - it's a fun car to drive, but it's nothing special in terms of performance. And while not every car has to be, this is a McLaren F1. :turn:

And on top of that, things like R* constantly fiddling with downforce mean that affected cars change in terms of performance and handling from update to update. At what point are they true to their real-life counterparts - before the tweak, or after? Or neither?

Sure, there are things like the Elegy Retro that feel reasonably authentic when it comes to driving 'em. In a perfect world, that would be the ideal across the board - you can't have everything be competitively balanced, because production cars aren't built to meet rigid parameters like dedicated racing cars. And in general, I reckon R*'s just better off putting more variety into all classes, and then dedicated racers are more likely to be able to find brackets of similarly-performing cars for when they do organised races.

But R*'s current approach, where accuracy is completely arbitrary, and some things wind up wildly over-/under-powered, often in a position where there's no real competition in that segment of the overall class, because there's not enough vehicle variety to flesh the classes out? I think that's the more fundamental problem, here.

• A Maned Wolf, Arrows to Athens and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Weather

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

They should open a emissions smog shop in game, to get our cars fixed so they don't spew smoke from the exhaust all the time.  It's a Grotti, not a VW TDi. 

But seriously, I get annoyed by that.  If the game took place in a cold climate, I could excuse it, but not in a warm climate like Los Angeles/Los Santos. 

I also get annoyed by so many exhausts that shoot flames.  I can see it on some special cars or for certain exhaust mods, but it's extremely over used, imo.

• Commander S, Suzuki Azure Vulpine and 79'Blazer4x4 like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Couple of recent frustrations:

- Retinue only coming with racing seats (complete with bright green seatbelts... :barf:), because R* clearly assumed that people would only want to use it as a rally car, not something closer to stock...

Garbage textures for decals and racing liveries on Benny's cars - what the hell is going on with things like the Itali GTB Custom and the Sultan RS?!? Horrible amounts of compression - it's bad enough that it happens on clothing...

• TCMike, Suzuki Azure Vulpine, 79'Blazer4x4 and 1 other like this

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

Couple of recent frustrations:

- Retinue only coming with racing seats (complete with bright green seatbelts... :barf:), because R* clearly assumed that people would only want to use it as a rally car, not something closer to stock...

Garbage textures for decals and racing liveries on Benny's cars - what the hell is going on with things like the Itali GTB Custom and the Sultan RS?!? Horrible amounts of compression - it's bad enough that it happens on clothing...

Not Benny's cars, but it relates to your second point. The Western Nightblade is the only vehicle in the entire game that has high resolution liveries(apart from maybe the planes at this point). They're amazing to look at, meanwhile every other vehicle in the game with liveries has nothing but horribly pixelated crap, even all the other bikes from the Biker DLC.

• Commander S likes this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:12 PM Edited by Commander S, 10 September 2017 - 07:14 PM.

Not Benny's cars, but it relates to your second point. The Western Nightblade is the only vehicle in the entire game that has high resolution liveries(apart from maybe the planes at this point). They're amazing to look at, meanwhile every other vehicle in the game with liveries has nothing but horribly pixelated crap, even all the other bikes from the Biker DLC.

That's just it - it's the same for the Franken Stange, ETR1, and anything that has separate liveries/decals/etc. It's been a problem for ...over a year, going by this thread:

http://gtaforums.com...ty-on-textures/

I really need to go open a Support ticket, and harangue R* over it - I'm doing the same with clothing textures, but this is even more glaring, because the full 2048x2048 texures look fine in most cases, but the game currently seems to only be able to load the 1024x1024 versions, hence the pixellated nonsense.

Full-size examples (Youga Classic, Comet Retro Custom, Lynx):

Spoiler

...although even with those, you can still see compression artefacts around the fine detail...

• 79'Blazer4x4 likes this

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:27 PM

I know it probably isn't feasible in a video game, but I wish they'd figure out how to account for peripheral vision while driving cars. I don't like having my view partially blocked by the car's frame where the windshield is. I know it's technically in my cone of vision, but I don't see it while driving my car because I'm staring at the road. Same way I don't notice the picture frame next to my tv, even though it's in my line of sight

Acid Burn
  • Acid Burn

pool on the roof

• The Yardies
  • Unknown
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

im still irked theres no option for a debadged grill with a removed intercooler grill.

• Arrows to Athens, TCMike and kovaandr like this

Ruskiturbo
  • Ruskiturbo

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

Panto shouldn't deserve to be a RWD PoS. It would be much better to have it be AWD with rocket thruster... and just give us the full body stickerbomb mods, not some retard looking half-body stickerbombs, u scumbags at R*
  • Arrows to Athens likes this

BoxiestSumo
  • BoxiestSumo

Reckless Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:56 AM

I have been playing his game for 4 years and it's only now that I noticed the B-Pillars on the Tailgater.
They are just too thin. Horrible.
  • Pedinhuh likes this

McKinley360
  • McKinley360

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:26 AM Edited by McKinley360, 21 September 2017 - 09:30 AM.

Worst thing. Hands down. The damn BF Surfer. Love it to bits but good god rockstar put an engine in the thing 😂😂😂

Edit: I'll even give them a pass for the Wastelander because it doesn't even have an engine compartment that you open only to see more storage.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:45 PM

Worst thing. Hands down. The damn BF Surfer. Love it to bits but good god rockstar put an engine in the thing 😂😂😂

Edit: I'll even give them a pass for the Wastelander because it doesn't even have an engine compartment that you open only to see more storage.

Bruh, the real thing is powered by a 1.2 liter flat-four, the van couldn't even reach 60 mph....That is quite realistic.

But if you want inaccuracy, just look at that ridiculous 2000's dashboard and sedan steering wheel, it's the solely reason why I don't drive the Surfer anymore.
  • 79'Blazer4x4, BoxiestSumo and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users