Photo

[SA] Traffic & Travel

100 replies to this topic
goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by goodidea82, 2 weeks ago.

> @GoodIdea82 : T&T does a special treatment on that bridge location. Trucks are "instructed" to avoid that bridge at all cost...just because they will inevitably be stuck under the bridge. I will see if I can improve that behaviour.

Hm :/ that explains things. A solution that does not depend on concrete locations would be good for map mods. Can you add an option to disable this avoidance strategy on the bridge? For vehicles that are going to be spawned the Z-ground techniques from Junior_Djjr sounds good.

Compatibility with Real Traffic Fix would be really nice.

Btw. isn't it possible to somehow attach a trailer to a non-physical vehicle that is on a path? How about to "virtually" attach it by just moving the trailer along past positions of the vehicle?

Would be great if you try it with SAxVCxLC, it is also a good way to test your mod with FLA. SAxVCxLC tries to keep SA, VC, LC as original as possible and changes and improvement should be made only via mods. Therefore in theory it should be stable (there is a minimal basic configuration). Unfortunately I don't have time to work on it, but it is not dead.

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by pep legal, 2 weeks ago.

Ok...let's go...

- T&T is fundamentally a Traffic Spawner....so, It needs to be very conscious of locations...the whole map actually. Look at the INI file...it's mostly about Locations.

- There in no such a thing called Z-Ground technique. What Junior said is he avoided some cpu intensive opcodes to check presence of ground collision...instead he uses ground Z check opcodes. T&T checks ground all the time (just count as many 02CE: opcodes are inside T&T code).

- Sorry...but I could not understand what you said about virtual trailer , non physical vehicle, and stuff.

- Compatibility with Real Traffic Fix was in the past. Now T&T takes care of Traffic....totally and completely. T&T does a good analysis of traffic conditions, perceiving when/where there are traffic jams, trying to solve them.

I have considered several algorithms for Traffic Jam Solution. Unfortunately Cleo is a horrible language to do such a thing. Yet T&T does not miss in trying to solve Jams.

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 2 weeks ago

non physical vehicle

Maybe that cars driving without physics (by game default). I hate it.

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by pep legal, A week ago.

Hmmm...just a grey wednesday late night update ( 2.5 ) :

- Cleanings and small fixes...as usual.

• damiann69, liaz6212 and kkjj like this

kkjj
  • kkjj

The ORIGINAL GTA SAN ANDREAS PLAYER..

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by kkjj, A week ago.

What you think about adding overtakers in traffic?

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by pep legal, A week ago.

More Details.

kkjj
  • kkjj

• Members
  • None

More Details.
Like some time in highway we see a bike rider showing his skills, junkies overtaking normal traffic, sometime police chasing them, Biker gangs, etc.

eagle152
  • eagle152

Visits Glory Hole Theme Park every day

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted A week ago

I brought up this earlier - but what about adding rural traffic on the dirt roads?

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

Like some time in highway we see a bike rider showing his skills, junkies overtaking normal traffic, sometime police chasing them, Biker gangs, etc.

Got it ! ...and I like it !

I brought up this earlier - but what about adding rural traffic on the dirt roads?

Like it a lot !

• damiann69 and kkjj like this

kkjj
  • kkjj

• Members
  • None

Got it ! ...and I like it.
Then you should like my post, Xd (:

liaz6212
  • liaz6212

Kamazoid

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted A week ago

Same colors of truck and trailer is good but what about extras? I mean buses, ofc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users