Photo

[SA] Traffic & Travel

65 replies to this topic
pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:36 AM Edited by pep legal, 08 November 2016 - 04:11 AM.

DJINkCz.png

Traffic&Travel is a Cleo script mainly intended for traffic enhancement and customized vehicle spawning.

FEATURES :

- Highly customizable by a friendly INI file.

- Controlled spawning : you define place and time for every vehicle in the list.

- Trailer + Truck support.

- Emergency service vehicles support (including customized cop cars).

- Planes, Helicopters, Boats and Buses support (via routed paths ).

- A built in natural Handling for both, player and traffic cars.

- Driving management (less craziness in traffic).

- Traffic spawning control (less repetition, better balancing).   

- Automatic density control for cars.

- Airport resurrection.

- Several secondary features complete the mod functionality.

IMPORTANT : Traffic&Travel is derived from the old Trucks&Trailers script. If you have that old mod, please DELETE IT first.

DONWLOAD :  https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

CREDITS :

- For all gta ingenious guys who keep their projects Open Sourced.

- Deji for that Opcode Database ( http://gtag.gtagamin...pcode-database/ )

- DK and his New Opcodes (and also for that great gta class list on github :  https://github.com/D...ugin_sa/game_sa ).

- Junior_Djjr for tips and for his handy " IndieVehHandlings.cs ". (check updates here ->  https://drive.google...UlFckM0cm8/view ).

- LINK, Wesser, and several other great modders.

• anthony, Junior_Djjr, LevelDockSix and 13 others like this

gts.
  • gts.

Please do not walk on the grass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:37 AM Edited by gts., 18 September 2016 - 05:01 AM.

Then "Trucks&Trailers" is now dead? Or better said, replaced with this one?

EDIT:

Nevermind. Trucks&Trailers is replaced with this one now.

kkjj
  • kkjj

The ORIGINAL GTA SAN ANDREAS PLAYER..

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:42 AM

Very cool script.

Ndukong
  • Ndukong

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cameroon

Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:49 AM Edited by Ndukong, 19 September 2016 - 06:50 AM.

This is insanely good.

One question though: Does it support IDs for added cars and peds? I mean, can I add GTA V cars and define them to the various groups such as passenger cars and rich cars, etc?

Ndukong
  • Ndukong

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cameroon

Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:58 AM

One more thing (I'm still only reading the manual and I'm asking all these to avoid making tweaks that will crash my game): Under ESV, you said we can pick a cop as a driver and the car acts as a cop car. Does this mean I can add three different cop cars and define the LS cop as the driver and have all three cars in wanted level chases?

• little_idiot likes this

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:19 AM

This is insanely good.

One question though: Does it support IDs for added cars and peds? I mean, can I add GTA V cars and define them to the various groups such as passenger cars and rich cars, etc?

Yes...and Yes.

One more thing (I'm still only reading the manual and I'm asking all these to avoid making tweaks that will crash my game): Under ESV, you said we can pick a cop as a driver and the car acts as a cop car. Does this mean I can add three different cop cars and define the LS cop as the driver and have all three cars in wanted level chases?

Well...right now ESV is purely "cosmetic". I can make what you want (ESV in pursuits)...but...do you think it's really necessary ?

I mean....the game has already several types of Cop cars...do you want more ?

kkjj
  • kkjj

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:52 AM

Man what you think about traffic jams in some places and reefer boats near docks.

Jitterdoomer
  • Jitterdoomer

The Paleto Heist robber.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

Upon installation of this mod, the boat's handling is now becoming glitchy and crazy that it makes the Tropic boat spins right round like a record (pun indeed).

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:32 PM Edited by Junior_Djjr, 20 September 2016 - 06:53 PM.

I love these mods created by pep legal because improves the game atmosphere, it's a important pass to keep GTA SA alive and also keep being the old game that all we know.

I was a great desire to create a "Urbanize" mod, a mod to REALLY add people in the map doing some random things, e.g. people seated in tables at front of Cluklin Bell; in their houses doing things in your cars, making a backyard barbecue and so (we can even differentiate between the days of the week to do different things!); etc etc, the ideas is limitless, and it is something that just takes time to create.

Current mods who tried to do such things are usually created by beginners people, poor made scripts, and advanced coders don't care about it, only care about breaking limits, as to fix important things in the game and so, then this type of mod is usually forgotten by advanced coders.

We have No More Abandoned Area, but is really different for what I'm saying here.

I'm saying this to you because your types of mods fit in, mainly because we will also need to do something in street peds, giving a better ambiance, urbanization, and you already did it for traffic vehicles, maybe you can do this for peds in street too, add variations in their artificial intelligence, just as you've done in Hard Rain, maybe groups of people walking together as a family or a tour, people with less robotic behaviors, reacting better to things that happen around. Again, the ideas is limitless and I will like to see you doing something for peds also and not only for vehicles.

Spoiler
  • pep legal, anthony, Davve95 and 6 others like this

little_idiot
  • little_idiot

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:05 PM

Well...right now ESV is purely "cosmetic". I can make what you want (ESV in pursuits)...but...do you think it's really necessary ?

I mean....the game has already several types of Cop cars...do you want more ?

Definitely, you have to do this if you can. There are so much cop models and cop cars created for GTA SA, so it would be very nice to install them in a game without any additional tricks and bunch of cleo-based fixes to support that spawn and functions (and still, the functionality is very limited). Don't forget about cop on the bikes too - we have 5 or even 6 good copbike models to add to the game.

• liaz6212, Ndukong and pete9516 like this

liaz6212
  • liaz6212

Player Hater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:56 PM Edited by liaz6212, 20 September 2016 - 09:29 PM.

I stole taxi and can't go faster then 100 km/h (150 is max for the model). Can you help me? What do I do wrong?

Also a question, do the script compartible with this? 

http://gtaforums.com...des-by-dk22pac/

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:57 PM Edited by pep legal, 20 September 2016 - 10:42 PM.

I stole taxi and can't go faster then 100 km/h (150 is max for the model). Can you help me? What do I do wrong?

Also a question, do the script compartible with this? 
http://gtaforums.com...des-by-dk22pac/

You probably have stolen a Cabbie (an old, low performance kind of taxi = model 438)...not a Taxi ( = model 420).

I can reach 160 km/h driving a (true) Taxi - not easily I confess, inertia is heavy - but in straight line (tested on Ganton Bridge).

Anyway, it's good to keep in mind that T&T "amplifies" the damage system...and also has an "engine heat management". So, you won't get the maximum performance from an used/worn Ped car.

Also...your driving skill has a "strong" influence on acceleration (and sometimes Top speed as well).

Take the car to a Pay'n'Spray...to "reset" the Damage and Heat system.

If you want high speed/acceleration...just install some Nitro. :evilgrin:

Guidelines is outdated in manual?

Sorry about that ! I will update the manual soon...and see if I can find some time to translate it to our language.

About vehicle density : if you want a constant value...put that value in MixSets (i.e. VehDensity = 3.0 )...but if you want T&T dynamically manages density...disable it in Mixsets (by putting a " # " in front of it, as you obviously know)     -> ( #VehDensity = 3.0);

Upon installation of this mod, the boat's handling is now becoming glitchy and crazy that it makes the Tropic boat spins right round like a record (pun indeed).

I heard a similar complaint long ago....and seemed me it was handling badly tweaked by the user (not sure).

T&T redefines hundreds of vehicle handling (partially...not all handling parameters)...but I have NEVER touched Boat handlings.

...and I have never seen any of those behaviors here.

But I will do more (intensive) tests on boats to see if I can find anything.

• liaz6212 likes this

forfun10gta
  • forfun10gta

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:01 AM Edited by forfun10gta, 21 September 2016 - 12:01 AM.

Absolutely amazing!
Some stuffs like having those auto rotes for the planes is a must have!

Good job and thanks for your hard work!

liaz6212
  • liaz6212

Player Hater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 September 2016 - 12:17 AM

i disabled softHandling and softTraffic, now trailers spawn without trucks. Sometimes I see trailer spawning with truck far from me (near the horizont) and than truck disappear((

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:37 AM Edited by pep legal, 21 September 2016 - 03:47 AM.

Man what you think about traffic jams in some places and reefer boats near docks.

1 - T&T attempts (not as good as it should) to create traffic jams in downtown, airports and (if vehicle density is not fixed ) also in city freeways. You can increase "boostRegions" to 100 to get better results (but you need strong computer).

2 - Do you mean parked boats ? because T&T doesn't create any parked vehicle. (parked vehicles make the game easier...and T&T spend all effort to make the game harder).

i disabled softHandling and softTraffic, now trailers spawn without trucks. Sometimes I see trailer spawning with truck far from me (near the horizont) and than truck disappear((

So...don't disable them !  :lol:

IMHO...those are the best features of this mod ! :whistle:  (better than trailers, planes, whatever).

To give you a better explanation :monocle: :  softTraffic also increases the distance where a car can "Live". When you disable it, T&T creates a distant vehicle...and the game automatically DELETEs IT ! :blink:  (because cars/trucks have reference released...and trailers don't - there are internal reasons for that ).

So...it's NOT a bug...it's only the game doing what it does always (for the good...and for the bad).

I can "force" T&T to NOT create distant vehicles if softTraffic is disabled...but....Man...softTraffic and softHandling are the "soul" of this mod. :inlove:

I will take a look anyway, but I cannot promess any fix if that would cause me any issue. (EDIT : try the test version below).

Thanks for the report anyway. :^:  It's good to see people actively testing T&T. That makes the mod better and better.

==============================================================================

EDIT :   Anyone still getting few vehicles on streets (even with Vehicle density disabled in Mixsets)...could you test this small change, please !

-> https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Not necessary fast answer...take the time you need.

Thanks.

• liaz6212 likes this

liaz6212
  • liaz6212

Player Hater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:23 AM Edited by liaz6212, 21 September 2016 - 07:25 AM.

The thing is in when I steal car and can't accelerate to max speed it makes me crazy. WHY? All SA drivers are law abiding citizens ok. But why it is impossible to use max speed when I drive the car? That's why I disable the feature.
  • pete9516 likes this

kkjj
  • kkjj

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:22 AM

@Pep legal I mean moving boats.

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:50 AM

I can "force" T&T to NOT create distant vehicles if softTraffic is disabled...but....Man...softTraffic and softHandling are the "soul" of this mod. :inlove:

softHandling spoils the gameplay in my opinion, and several people came to me reporting this as a bug.

• eagle152, liaz6212 and pete9516 like this

eagle152
  • eagle152

Visits Glory Hole Theme Park every day

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:24 AM

Than what is the point of having SoftHandling and SoftTraffic functions if players are sort of enforced to have them enabled?

• Davve95 likes this

pep legal
  • pep legal

Old but Gold

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:20 PM Edited by pep legal, 21 September 2016 - 01:45 PM.

The thing is in when I steal car and can't accelerate to max speed it makes me crazy. WHY? All SA drivers are law abiding citizens ok. But why it is impossible to use max speed when I drive the car? That's why I disable the feature.

Feel free to disable them !  Personally, I love those features for 3 reasons :

1 - Realism : if you have driven real cars you know they are not made of plastic....they are heavy.

2 - Proper sense of scale : San Andreas map is very small...not only time should have been scaled down..Speed should have been re-scaled down as well ( it doesn't make sense to cross the whole state in that short period of time).

3 - High level of chalenge (well...that's my personal gameplay style for any game => Hard mode )

(obs.: Off course I have probably made some mistakes on one or two car handling  :lol: .  Feel free to report me ! )

softHandling spoils the gameplay in my opinion, and several people came to me reporting this as a bug.

That's expected if you consider the average age of players.

Again, as a modder I need to respect different gameplay style....that's the reason softHandling and softTraffic are OPTIONALs.

Those players are "spoiled" already due to Rockstar decision on that childish Toy Car handling.

GTA-IV started bringing heavy cars...but still a very timid attempt.

Than what is the point of having SoftHandling and SoftTraffic functions if players are sort of enforced to have them enabled?

"Enforced" ???   :blink:     Never !!!

They are and always will be OPTIONAL !

I just don't do intensive tests during development with those options disabled. But as soon as someone reports me bugs with any option enabled/disabled, I will promptly fix them (as I'm doing so far)...right ? !

===========================================

PS : Let's finish the discussion of diffent style of playing. T&T is very "democratic" for accommodating all kind of players.

PS2 : All your suggestions / opinions are being considered (and respected) for improvement of this mod....THANKS !

• liaz6212 likes this

liaz6212
  • liaz6212

Player Hater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:11 PM Edited by liaz6212, 21 September 2016 - 03:21 PM.

pep legal

Realism is nice but...
I caught one bug else.

A smoking truck with fragile goods trailer in Trucking mission. Script thinks it is broken and limit its speed at 50-60 km/h.

Going through the map in half of hour is +++ to realism but also + to boring (and +++++ to madness in my case lol).

As far as I remember, ancient versions of Trucks&Trailers had a flag 'keep original handling', if it possible to enable/disable this feature for all  cars it could be very nice.

I tested your small change, all right, sometimes even too many cars in several places, don't need increase car density with another scripts more.

• pete9516 likes this

little_idiot
  • little_idiot

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:55 PM

I'm kinda confuced by your discussion so let me make it clear at least for my own: if I disable that "soft" features as I don't want my SA to be a car racing simulator will I have that bug with drawing distance of a truck?
  • liaz6212 likes this

liaz6212
  • liaz6212

Player Hater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:09 PM Edited by liaz6212, 21 September 2016 - 04:10 PM.

I'm kinda confuced by your discussion so let me make it clear at least for my own: if I disable that "soft" features as I don't want my SA to be a car racing simulator will I have that bug with drawing distance of a truck?

Not more.

I disabled both 'softs' and all right.

In same time a lot of cosmetic damages still make your car slow.

• pete9516 likes this

little_idiot
  • little_idiot

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:23 PM Edited by little_idiot, 21 September 2016 - 07:38 PM.

Ok then. Just waiting for the cop update now) Also wondering if there are some police helicopters flying around LS looking for some proper crooks... I know that once in a century you can spot them in "clean" game, but I'm asking for some ini-options, to set up helicopter model, heli pilot, spawn area and so on...
Area69 convoy heading to Naval base in SF from time to time would be a good thing to mess with too.

• eagle152 and liaz6212 like this

liaz6212
  • liaz6212

Player Hater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:37 PM Edited by liaz6212, 21 September 2016 - 05:38 PM.

Also wondering if there are some police helicopters flying around LS looking for some proper crooks...

It is implemented in the original game lol.
  • pete9516 likes this

liaz6212
  • liaz6212

Player Hater

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:36 PM

There are some troubles in missions when you need use one car a long time for example Pimp mission.
After some accidents car start going too slowly and you haven't enough time for end mission or even come to pay'n'spray.

It would be very nice if we can disable the slowing car down after accidents at least during the mission running.
  • little_idiot and pete9516 like this

Ndukong
  • Ndukong

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cameroon

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

Hi, Pep. I wanted to know if u could involve taxis in ESV. There are also several models on the web.
  • little_idiot and liaz6212 like this

eagle152
  • eagle152

Visits Glory Hole Theme Park every day

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

Hi, I thought maybe it's possible to activate the rural traffic in the countryside dirtroads, like in Back'O'Beyond for instance?

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:39 PM

Hi, I thought maybe it's possible to activate the rural traffic in the countryside dirtroads, like in Back'O'Beyond for instance?

"Activate"? No, you'd need to draw new paths.

MatthewFarrell
  • MatthewFarrell

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:26 PM

I have a crash when I enter the car.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users