I've been working on years with Gta2 mod. I have a mod map with 1000 lines main script with about 30 mission scripts, modded cars, sounds and newer Gta-style buyable safehouses for saving etc. Today something weird happened with my mod:
All my missions, with any other arrow, than the first one I have declared (called arrow1), will crash my game at the point when arrow comes on my screen. I think it happened, when I added some basic lines on my main script (two threat_triggers for phones and one item generator), but really don't have any clue. All the missions that have now crashing problems, worked flawlessly weeks, and I didn't make anything for them. Missions with only one arrow work well still, and all the other things from the main script like phones, gangs, safehouses etc works too.
What is tested:
- Declare a new arrow to main script, and use it on missions = crash
- Declare a new arrow to mission script, and use it = crash
- Remove "broken" arrows from mission script = everything works
- using POINT_ARROW_AT on main script with any other arrows than arrow1 = crash
- Add my mod on fresh install of GTA2 (11.44 and 11.43) = crash
- Removed all lines, that I made on main script = crash
- Changed my declaration order on main script, and arrow1 started to crash missions too.
Is there some kind of limit on length of main script? Is here someone who have had same kind of problem with arrows? It's weird that all working arrows just stopped to work, and I haven't do anything that is connected with them.
Same thing happened me somewhere 2012-2013. Had mission with 3 arrows at the same time, everything worked, and suddenly one day, one of my arrows started to crash my game. Only solution I found was just remove that arrow, and make missions with max 2 arrows same time. It worked years, but now the problem just got worse, and my missions are unplayable.