Photo

Particle Asset Dump

11 replies to this topic
CamxxCore
  • CamxxCore

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:38 AM Edited by CamxxCore, 11 September 2016 - 12:57 AM.

A gift for the wonderful people of gtaforums.com. Here is a complete particle FX dump from GTA V..

This includes all particles used in the base game, missions/ scripts and DLC, as well as the variable names that can be passed to SET_PARTICLE_FX_EVOLUTION to manipulate them.

I found myself in need of these for a project i've been working on but I know this information will be useful to others as well..

If anything is missing, feel free to let me know.  :lol:

Download
  • stillhere, jedijosh920, Dilapidated and 4 others like this

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:42 PM

Once again, you are amazing!! How did you do this?

CamxxCore
  • CamxxCore

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:24 AM

I reversed the classes in the exe. Got tired of going through the .ypt files and not knowing how to use the parameters :p (Some fx need the parameters to work properly)
  • InfamousSabre likes this

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:27 AM

I reversed the classes in the exe. Got tired of going through the .ypt files and not knowing how to use the parameters :p (Some fx need the parameters to work properly)

Any chance you might do the same with sound effects?

CamxxCore
  • CamxxCore

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 October 2016 - 07:50 PM

Any chance you might do the same with sound effects?

I'd have to see if its possible. I think the sound names may never be visible in their un-hashed form.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Script or Plugin 2016 [SkyGfx] [Contribution]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

I think the sound names may never be visible in their un-hashed form.

sounds.dat name tables were removed since V, with the names supposed to be in a separate file, which of course is not ever shipped in the released game.

CamxxCore
  • CamxxCore

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

sounds.dat name tables were removed since V, with the names supposed to be in a separate file, which of course is not ever shipped in the released game.

Ah. Thanks for clarifying. It's nice to finally "meet" you. I'm in awe with some of the stuff you did on alterIWNet/ 4D1 and of course FiveM..

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:43 PM Edited by InfamousSabre, 26 October 2016 - 09:47 PM.

Honestly, even the hashes alone would be nice. We could always get the names via brute force later, like is being done with natives. Anything's better than sitting around aimlessly guessing sound names. lol

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:19 AM Edited by Fireboyd78, 06 November 2016 - 05:21 AM.

This explains why a lot of the data doesn't make any sense...

Still wondering if anyone is interested in pursuing .dat file stuff, I have a sh*tty program to start with, but nobody seems interested. I can't do it myself :p

mockba.the.borg
  • mockba.the.borg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:39 PM

I felt like trying to read a Dr. Seuss's book in Chinese. I could recognize Thing 1 and Thing 2 there, even Thing 3, but that's about it.

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:33 AM

I felt like trying to read a Dr. Seuss's book in Chinese. I could recognize Thing 1 and Thing 2 there, even Thing 3, but that's about it.

I could crack this sumbitch wide open if only I knew how the hell they generate hashes. Jenkins doesn't work, "[string]_pc" doesn't work...*sigh*

unknown modder
  • unknown modder

Bon Jon Bovi

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:29 PM Edited by unknown modder, 08 November 2016 - 05:29 PM.

I could crack this sumbitch wide open if only I knew how the hell they generate hashes. Jenkins doesn't work, "[string]_pc" doesn't work...*sigh*

whoops ignore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users