Radio station masters

2 replies to this topic
Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:25 AM

I'm trying to find a copy of GTA 2 that has radio stations mixed at 44100Hz instead of 22050. I thought the Dreamcast version may have taken advantage of the expanded GD-ROM size, but turns out they're the same crappy 4-bit renders from the PlayStation version. God the DC version is a mess. Anyway, was there any special editions of GTA 2 or some foreign re-release (like BioHazard 2/3 by SourceNext with the higher-quality FMV renders) with different files?

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:52 AM

I'm trying to find a copy of GTA 2 that has radio stations mixed at 44100Hz instead of 22050. I thought the Dreamcast version may have taken advantage of the expanded GD-ROM size, but turns out they're the same crappy 4-bit renders from the PlayStation version. God the DC version is a mess. Anyway, was there any special editions of GTA 2 or some foreign re-release (like BioHazard 2/3 by SourceNext with the higher-quality FMV renders) with different files?

I think Playstation version had the highest qualtiy radio stations you could find.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:04 AM

Incorrect. The PlayStation version uses audio files with a sampling rate of 18.9KHz, while the PC versions I've found are at 22.05KHz. You can hear the difference straight away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users