What did you do in GTA IV today

411 replies to this topic
StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

Just driving around and my car jumped near schottler(the place where you go round that arch) and landed on a manana. Lolz, didn't even notice it.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

That feeling when you put your textures from minimum to max to take a print of a detail and realize those weird blurry blobs are actually signs with things written on them....

• lol232 likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:55 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 4 weeks ago.

I've been trying to do all Brucie's car's and all other side stuff before continuing on to next mission. Means main missions are spread out and it plays out like a film for me in the sense that action peaks at the end of every session or at least the main missions feel grander after doing more mundane things like keeping friends happy. 

Last thing I did was unlocked Little Jacob's weapons delivery thing. Played bowling for about an hour with Michelle trying to get three strikes in a row achievement which I can only ever get two in a row. :( Gave up on that and then decided to get cars for Brucie. 

Looking forward to more adventures tonight. 

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Gognitti bailed. I made like Chow Yun-Fat...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

Made some custom clothes for Niko, I was actually supposed to play with a friend of mine but he couldn't drop by :p we always needed a leather jacket.

72b8cff7e2894e139a9b35e36176d052.png

a600369e207f46d599d58f3f48322855.png

aee45dc749ce4bed972558bcd5a24956.png

• Mister Pink, B Dawg, lol232 and 3 others like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

I finally got the achievement for 3 strikes in a row. The way I'm playing through IV right now, I might actually go for 100%. I've only ever 100%ed San Andreas.

• MiamiViceCity and Jeansowaty like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Time moves forward, nothing changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've been playing through the story again, this time I turned the saturation down all the way, adjusted my TV as well, has a noir feel to it it's f*cking cool. LC looks more gritty, I love this game.
  • Jeansowaty and Neon_Dreaming like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Played around with some cheats, did some most wanted missions using the FIB Buffalo that you can spawn, it looks badass. Some enemies were on a roof so instead of climbing the stairs I spawned the Annihilator and peppered them with machine gun fire. Then stunted off the roof with a Sanchez.

The cheats can add so much to the game, very handy having them stored in the phone, I wish you could do the same in V.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

I finally got the achievement for 3 strikes in a row. The way I'm playing through IV right now, I might actually go for 100%. I've only ever 100%ed San Andreas.

Good luck dude. My advice when you decide to do the flying rats to do them in small bursts. They'll drive you insane otherwise.:p

• Mister Pink and Jeansowaty like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Gognitti bailed. I made like Chow Yun-Fat...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Played through Blow Your Cover and Three Leaf Clover via the Trainer. On the second one I got shot only once, damn I'm so proud of myself :D

lol232
  • lol232

GTAForums Gold™ Member

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by lol232, 4 weeks ago.

Good luck dude. My advice when you decide to do the flying rats to do them in small bursts. They'll drive you insane otherwise. :p

Or do them as soon as possible in the story. Why? Because I hate it when I leave the most tedious and/or the most difficult task as the last thing for 100%, because then I'll remember the game as a grindhouse. I like it when the most fun tasks are the last ones.

Glad I didn't leave New York Minute Hardcore as the last thing left to do in Max Payne 3. That sh*t drove me to insanity.
  • MiamiViceCity, Jeansowaty, MorsPrincipiumEst and 1 other like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Or do them as soon as possible in the story.

This.  The FINAL Story Mission is what gives me 100% in ALL GTA's.  Waiting until the end to do all Side Missions isn't fun.  I rather get all the boring and tedious sh*t done in the beginning or at the earliest possible, and save the best for the end.

Starter Saves for the win.  I've always said this, though.  Nobody wants to do them.  Only the people up for a real challenge...

lol232
  • lol232

GTAForums Gold™ Member

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by lol232, 4 weeks ago.

Recently, I try to do the boring sh*t when it's the easiest, the least stressful. I.E. I'd do Jacob's drug deliveries immediately since they're close to the Broker safehouse, I'd do pigeons in each island as soon as I unlock decent weapons, I do collectibles in 3D era games once helicopters are unlocked.
I also don't like doing all missions except for the final one and then spend the rest of the lifetime doing side missions before finishing it, it doesn't make it far different. I prefer to mix it up a bit, i.e. couple story missions and then couple side missions. That way I don't feel a whole lot of boredom.

I like starter saves, but when I start a new game, I prefer to start from 0%.
Starter saves got pretty damn boring too. SA's and IV's are a bit fun, but they're lame in other games.
  • MiamiViceCity, Jeansowaty and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah, without the 4 star wanted level (SA) and the 6 star wanted level (IV), the Starter Saves are too easy.  I still like doing them and KEEPING them as I do NOT like starting from 0%.  I do too many Saves to always have to redo it all from 0%.  I prefer about HALF the game complete before or after the first Story Mission in the game.

Makes the Story Missions a lot more enjoyable when you work your ass off in the beginning of the game upgrading the Character, getting the Weapons, etc, etc...

lol232
  • lol232

GTAForums Gold™ Member

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's not that they're easy, it's just that they're incredibly boring. Easy tasks which are fun exist, but these do not fall under that category.

I don't start a lot of new games though.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well, that's why I refuse to start over at 0%.  Who would want to do 100 Taxi Fares for instance, every single time?  Or 100 Collectibles, every single time.

I always start new games and play to 100%, so having a Save with the ENTIRE Story still available while HALF OF THE GAME is complete helps out a lot.  I find majority of Collectibles, Rampages, Stunt Jumps, and various Side Missions incredibly boring, hence why I like to get them all done and KEEP the Starter Save for future use.  I can't be bothered doing all the same, mundane, boring tasks over and over...

• GTAIV2008 likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

Good luck dude. My advice when you decide to do the flying rats to do them in small bursts. They'll drive you insane otherwise. :p

Cheers buddy. When doing tags in SA I had to do them in one go, twice max. It's the sort of mundane, stressful thing that I'm afraid if I stop I wont finish it haha! :D

• MiamiViceCity and GTAIV2008 like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

Cheers buddy. When doing tags in SA I had to do them in one go, twice max. It's the sort of mundane, stressful thing that I'm afraid if I stop I wont finish it haha! :D

When I done my 100% save I had to break them up like 10 at a time. I can't do stuff like that in one or two sittings.:D

• GTAIV2008 likes this

lol232
  • lol232

GTAForums Gold™ Member

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by lol232, 3 weeks ago.

I do all tags during the mission "Tagging Up Turf", since I already do 7 of these there, and I have infinite spraycan capacity during it. It takes about 40ish minutes to actually get it all done. It's not that hard at all.
  • GTAIV2008 likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Did a triathalon race in TBoGT, probably my favourite series of races in the Gta series, pity you can't access the turbo feature on cars outside of races. Later did some drug wars with dumb and dumber.
  • Payne Killer and GTAIV2008 like this

GTAIV2008
  • GTAIV2008

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Watched Kat Williams/Ricky Gervais.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

han solo died

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by Niobium, A week ago.

i downloaded the TLAD model for johnny, and then i did blow your cover

SRYj3mZ.png

• B Dawg, Jeansowaty and Payne Killer like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Time moves forward, nothing changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by Payne Killer, A day ago.

I did some work for Jimmy P and Phil Bell(ic). I stormed the abandoned factory to kill Fat Charlie and f*cked them up their asses with an AK-47 and some Molotovs.
  • MiamiViceCity likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users