Assassin's Creed Series

188 replies to this topic
RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:57 PM

Hm in those comparisons the faces look better but overall the graphics feels kinda flat, there's some lack of shading.

Also, AC1 is actually the one game that'd need the remaster the most, since people who only played the console versions never the enhancements from the PC version. It fixed a lot of the original game's issues.

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Mad Max

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:54 PM

It looks pretty good, I like the improved face textures in AC II the most, as well as the colors.One of my few gripes with II is that it kinda suffered a bit from Next-Gen Graphics Syndrome with the desaturated colors, so I'm really liking the look of the remaster. Especially that comparison shot of Ezio with Leonardo's flying machine, with the clearer blue sky and the whites and reds of Ezio's robes really popping off the screen. You just know Venice is gonna look really gorgeous. I also really hope they fix that weird lighting issue Brotherhood had where the top of the screen was bright and washed out for some reason.

Count me in. I doubt I'll buy it on day one (and if I buy just one remaster this year, it's gonna be Skyrim), but I'll definitely pick it up somewhere down the line.

I do kinda wonder what this will mean for backwards compatability for Brotherhood and Revelations. Making II BC was a no-brainer, as it's easily one of the most popular and beloved games of the last decade (I've even seen people who hate the series give it up for II and at least Brotherhood), but will this remaster effect Brotherhood and Revelations' chances at becoming BC? It'd give people less incentive to pony up for the remaster, after all. I guess time will tell. It won't be a deal-breaker for me if they aren't, as I've still got my trusty Elite 360 from 2012 and I'm getting the remaster anyway, but it'd be cool if they were made BC anyway.

Also, savvy business move on Ubi's part, putting out a remaster of some of the most popular games in the series in their first year since 2008 (!) without an AC game. Now this is pure speculation, but I can't help but feel that after Empire in 2017, the series will take another year-long break, and that's when we might get a remaster of III and Rogue (Black Flag doesn't really need the remaster, but they'd probably throw it in anyway for completeness' sake). And I still want that AC I remaster.

• acmilano and HaythamKenway like this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Mad Max

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:39 AM

Just wrapped up Jack the Ripper. I really enjoyed the story and the much darker and more serious tone compared to the main game, and I think it really ended Evie and Jacob's story on a rather somber and haunting note, especially when you consider how lighthearted and even cheesy the ending of the main game was.

Spoiler

I also really liked the addition of the Fear Tools to the gameplay, especially the spikes. A few really fun Assassination setpieces too, I especially loved the one where you infiltrate the prison hulk ships and abandoned garrison.

Spoiler

On a side note, one could also argue that this is also a horror game, not just an average Assassin's Creed outing. I mean, it's Jack the Ripper, so it goes without saying that it can be pretty damn disturbing at times and some of the imagery, atmosphere, and everything surrounding Jack himself is just plain creepy. If you're a fan of the series and planning on playing any horror games for Halloween, you could do a lot worse than adding this to your list.

• HaythamKenway likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:24 PM

Didn't jet played Syndicate and Jack the Ripper DLc but from what I saw on youtube it looks like a proper horror game,which is good,and atmosphere is really gruesome. Definitely will try that one when I got the chance.

Right now I'm replaying AC Revelations. Its a little odd one with focus on bombs and some other concepts but city of Istanbul is beautiful,and it gives more info on Ezio,Altair and Desmond so its still a solid game.

Also,AC Empire might not be released in 2017,could be postponed to 2018.

http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1283087

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k dick two and fu*k cockstar.

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:34 PM Edited by Niobium, 26 September 2016 - 08:38 PM.

the only games i found amazing were AC1 and 2. black flag was great but it doesn't count as an assassin game.

IMO the story went to sh*t after desmond was killed off. honestly what was the point of making him into, essentially, a reincarnation of Ezio, if he was gonna die so soon? it's anticlimatic. he could have used his skills obtained from Ezio to fight the templars but no, we need to put these skills to waste. desmond's death ruined any chance of there being a modern assassin's creed game.
III sort of had the right idea, as it had us fighting abstergo in their own HQ, but i found it absurd how abstergo only had mall security guards to stop him. why are there no SWAT teams, abstergo??? you're dealing with bartender Ezio over here. use armored guards with assault rifles, not mall cops with clubs.

it's a shame that few people even liked the modern story and desmond, since i found him to be the most interesting.

also fu*k syndicate, they ruined marx.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:36 PM

the only games i found amazing were AC1 and 2. black flag was great but it doesn't count as an assassin game.

I see this, and I always feel obliged to ask, "How does it not count?"

desmond's death ruined any chance of there being a modern assassin's creed game.

Naw, it didn't for two reasons
A) galina who's basically female Desmond
B) Desmond has a son (on the young side, but they still might do a bit of a time skip)

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:27 PM

IV was a fun game with a beautiful map but it didn't feel like an assassin game at all. you don't become an assassin until the last chapter

1. who's galina

2. since when did desmond have a son, it sounds like cliche'd crappy fanfic tbh. the only person that desmond may have did the nasty with is lucy, and she got a crappy death too. it was pretty badly explained in revelations (both the way they explained it and the explanation itself)

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:32 PM

IV was a fun game with a beautiful map but it didn't feel like an assassin game at all. you don't become an assassin until the last chapter

1. who's galina

2. since when did desmond have a son, it sounds like cliche'd crappy fanfic tbh. the only person that desmond may have did the nasty with is lucy, and she got a crappy death too. it was pretty badly explained in revelations (both the way they explained it and the explanation itself)

Can't agree with that, especially considering ezio wasn't an assassin until the second to last mission of ac2

1. Galina was a character introduced initially in AC Initiates (which basically gave up to date news on AC modern day). It's hard to fully explain her so I'll just give this link
http://assassinscree...Galina_Voronina
2. Audio files for AC syndicate revealed that he had a 10 year old son (who was also confirmed to be a sage)
Pretty interesting
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=UOeZauMh8ls

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:36 PM Edited by Niobium, 26 September 2016 - 10:36 PM.

hahahahahaha he never mentions he had a family once throughout the series. i don't even know what they're fu*king doin with this game anymore.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:53 PM

hahahahahaha he never mentions he had a family once throughout the series. i don't even know what they're fu*king doin with this game anymore.

Cause it was most likely a one night stand (especially considering Desmond worked at a night club as a bartender and he was 17, huh, I just noticed he was my age XD)

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:46 AM

it's a shame that few people even liked the modern story and desmond, since i found him to be the most interesting.

Indeed. AC has a lot going for it, but the whole meta narrative mixing the current world affairs with the past is my favorite thing about the whole idea. I know there are a lot of modern world games out there and a few historical ones, but if anything, I'd like a more balanced approach in AC. Like 30/70 modern/historical.

• Niobium likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:05 AM

I played the first AC and then AC2 and I absolutely LOVED that.  It's one of the few games that I've spent time getting a platinum award on.  Then came AC3 and I was like, "Hmm.. okay" and then came the others that just blur into a memory of buyer's remorse.

AC Syndicate is on sale on the PS Store at the minute and I bought it over the weekend, since it was only £15.  I'd heard good things and lots of people saying it's back on form, so I decided "sod it" as I need something to help GTA pad the time between now and November 15th (Watch Dogs 2).

I am so glad I got it.  It's really nice to feel like I'm playing a proper Assassin's Creed game again.  I'm still at the early stages after only liberating 2 boroughs and the Thames, but I'm having a lot of fun.  I like the jobs you have to do like bounty hunter and Templar hunt, but my favourite is freeing the kids from the workhouses.

All in all it's an absolute bargain whilst on sale.  It's worth it just for the line, "Who's a good horse?  You are."

• HaythamKenway and Wu-Tang Forever like this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:25 AM Edited by HaythamKenway, 27 September 2016 - 08:27 AM.

I'm not particulary in love with the modern day. For all I care, it can be just a loredump for additional information like IV and Rogue handled it. But Desmond was a massive waste of potential. I actually quite liked his character in Revelations and III and III's MD ending was one of the main reasons why I was so hard on the game back when it released. It was, and still is, the perfect example of writers just not caring.

Ideally, they could have spun off the MD into its own sub-series (think pre-Blops II CoD - one year a historical game, the other modern day). Or just, you know, fully take advantage of Watch Dogs being set in the AC universe.

BECAUSE F*CK YOU, IT IS A SHARED UNIVERSE, DON'T TELL ME OTHERWISE UBISOFT, EASTER EGGS DON'T WORK THAT WAY, MY HEADCANON REIGNS SUPREME

• Wu-Tang Forever likes this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Mad Max

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:02 PM

I've been iffy on the modern day for the longest time. I could still really do without the whole Animus/Helix angle (I'd maybe have preferred if the modern day had you hunting in the real world across the globe for old artifacts and clues, and the historical portions were basically just extended flashbacks), and I know there's this big story going on and the historical segments are the means to getting to the conclusion of that story, but I'd frankly never really cared as much about it as the historical portion. And I hated how you'd be ripped away from the historical portion to go putz around as Desmond or your unnamed Abstergo office drone. 

Though I have kinda warmed to it recently. First of all, I LOVE how it allows for quick and easy lore dumps, and even cool little extras like the WWI portion of Syndicate. And it is kinda cool how it shows that this Assassins vs Templars sh*t is still going today, and the Templars are winning, which does have me interested, I must admit, to see the final resolution to the conflict, if any (but that won't happen because Ubi will be making AC games till the cows come home, hell they KILLED OFF the protagonist and just kept chugging merrily along). And I've found myself liking some of the modern day characters. I never cared about Desmond that much (which might explain part of why I'm such a III fan, the resolution to his story never bothered me), but I've really come to like Sean and Rebecca, especially in Syndicate. (also LOVE Sean's database entries, especially in III) And I LOVED William Miles. A great, interesting, troubled character voiced by John de Lancie? What more do you need? The Templar side also has Juhani Otso Berg, and I enjoyed John Standish (Sages are just such an awesome concept, really) and Dr. Warren Vidic. I thought it was kinda amusing how he was this huge prick, all while the beard made him look sort of friendly looking like Santa Claus. :p 

And I will say this, after the ending of Syndicate, I am interested to see where the modern day story goes next, and

Spoiler

so I guess the modern day's finally won me over.

On a side note, I've decided to start my chronological (historically speaking) series playthrough instead of jumping into Unity. I already finished AC I not too long ago this year, so I think I'll just start with AC II. And I finally bought the DLCs for AC II (as well as Brotherhood and III), so I'm excited to play through the game with those extra sequences.

* HaythamKenway: I hear ya on that one. A Watch_Dogs/Assassin's Creed crossover would be SWEET! Or Far Cry, as you could see the Abstergo logo pretty prominently on a few crates in Far Cry 3.

• HaythamKenway likes this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:15 AM

I can see why Ubi wouldn't want to lock themselves in the assassins/templars struggle for 2 franchises. WD on one hand already smells of it but I appreciate they're doing a different thing. I mean people are already tired of the whole AC universe and it certainly doesn't need even more bloat.

One problem I have with the modern setting of AC is that the main story is now spread across almost 10 years and about 60 games or so. That's pretty ridiculous if you want to follow or catch up to the story. Indeed I'd like a purely modern-day AC spinoff just so that stuff is condensed. I think it would be more like Splinter Cell rather than AC or WD though.

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:03 AM Edited by RogerWho, 05 October 2016 - 09:06 AM.

Anyone has any idea why AssCreed III is not available on the UK PSN store? Every other AC is, the DLCs for III are, and Liberation is as well. Strange.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:55 PM

Anybody bought this? Its look like a nice collection for a new consoles. And those three games were better to me than next few.

http://www.gamespot....-/1100-6445434/

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:27 AM

Assassin's creed 3 is the most underrated one.

I played it through, all the sub stories etc. too.
The frontier looks amazing. Connor's village and the community he builds I also like.
But in the main story I get bored quite soon. Connor as an adult is a reason for this. Liked him more as a kid.
The cities are underwhelming too.

My favourites are the Ezio games 2, BH, REV. With Revelations being my all time favourite.
  • HaythamKenway and gajrajgchouhan like this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

I'm just a playing ACB and I love the brutality.

Ubi gets a lot of bad rep but they've really been ahead of everyone else with the first couple of AC games and probably still are honestly. The assets and animation quality is amazing to this day and for what I know, they keep it up with their other series as well.

• Wu-Tang Forever, gajrajgchouhan and Skeever like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:06 PM

I've been playing Ghost Recon Wildlands. I hope if they ever make the leap to a modern era, and want guns, that they use a similar 3rd person shooter mechanic as Wildlands. Just mash it together with some parkour, and I'll really like it. Even Wildlands' stealth isn't bad.

Just make all your games like Wildlands, Ubi. That'd be great.

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:51 AM

I don't know how the shooting compares to Wildlands, but Watch Dogs is pretty much what you're describing.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:16 AM

I've always played these games on the 360/XB1, but I bought the Ezio Collection the other day on PS4 to change things up. :blush:

II is still my favourite. When I first played it I felt like I was going from GTA III to Vice City. Renaissance Italy is easily my favourite setting. Should be interesting if the info's correct of the next game taking place in Egypt.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

http://www.eurogamer...-image-is-legit

It's happening! Ancient Egypt it is.

• Wu-Tang Forever and Arthur Fookin Shelby like this

Arthur Fookin Shelby
  • Arthur Fookin Shelby

Cave Canem

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

Damn, completely missed out on that photo leak. The visuals look great. I swore to myself I wouldn't get another AC game after Syndicate but I don't think I can pass up on this. Hopefully the series returns to its roots.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Kosovo

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:02 PM

Only now discovered that Copernicus DLC is available on PC. Sort of. Great news for me as no need in having PS3 version.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

So prequel? That means it's set in time before AC1 events?

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:28 PM

So prequel? That means it's set in time before AC1 events?

It's likely that the timeframe is 24th century BC, at the end of the Fifth Dynasty. As they've said before, they want the blank slate, both from the historical and lore perspective. But this is a bit further back than even I expected.

I prefer ACs with a stronger focus on Brown-esque pop-history over adventure story with a period backdrop (eg. AC III, IV vs. Brotherhood, Unity) and this really seems to be tailor made for the latter rather than the former, so I'm not all that hot on what this could mean for the story. But this is something I've been prepared for ever since Empire first leaked and it's a natural progression from the trajectory Unity and Syndicate set. The Kenway Saga games are not coming back.

Just a side note; what's up with the final title being weaker than the production codename again? Victory sounded much cooler than Syndicate and now they exchanged Empire for generic Origins. At least they've (rightly) kept Unity all the way from the development to the release.

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

Hm, so Origins? That would actually be interesting to see how the whole thing started. I wonder if that would also include the origins of the current-era events, i.e. a prequel to AC1's Desmond story. But probably not as I seem to be the only one in the world who cares about this part of the storyline.

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

it's about time they do a different setting. i am getting sick of europe.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forgetti.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

Ubisoft would have to completely change their design philosophy to get me excited for another one of their open world games.

• Journey_95 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users