206 replies to this topic
acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

2260_assassins-creed-prev.png

assassin_s_creed_wallpaper__updated___fu

Opening this topic for everything about this series. It started in 2007 and already have 9 main titles and a lot of spin offs,books and in december first movie release. First AC was actually second game after GTA IV that I bought for my PS3. Still like many my favorite games in series were Ezio's trilogy in 15th and 16th century Italy and Turkey. I always loved historical tourism and visiting some places that I only hear or read about, seeing recreation of old places and monuments. Gameplay was fun with close combat, parkour and ship combat in Black Flag and Rogue. Series did get in problems with too many sequels in short time and not enough time to change things but it seems that Ubisoft realise that so there is a pause this year and next game will be improvement I hope. And rumors are that is set in Egypt so that could be great,exploring pyraminds and Pharaon's Tomb's and visiting some places that are not much presented in video games. 

What do you think about this series? Which game was your favorite? What place would you like to see next? (Feudal Japan and Vikings Era would be great.)

• HaythamKenway likes this

otachi
  • otachi

Bring out the gimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:33 PM

Assassin's creed 3 is the most underrated one.

But my favorite is actually assassin's creed brotherhood (surprised?)

• Gtaman_92, HaythamKenway and confederatestatesgta like this

Efreet
  • Efreet

'Jabalous' in a previous life

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:56 PM Edited by Jabalous, 22 August 2016 - 08:58 PM.

I only played the first one, II and its Brotherhood extension. After that, it became apparent to me that the series stalled and it was going nowhere ambitious technical wise, let alone that the story was going more ridiculous and it started to focus on so many irrelevant pieces. I liked the first part because of the story and how the Templar-Assassin fight was more philosophy-driven and each side was able to explain his worldview clearly in a convincing way.

Speaking about the first part, it wasn't merely a story of good versus evil, black versus white as the the rest of the games that followed tried to capture, but rather a story about two opposing worldviews driven by the templars and assassins of the Levant region. You can't deny the brilliance of and the well-thought speech provided by Tamir, Garnier, William, Sibrand and others after being assassinated by Altair. Their conversations made Altair to question his deeds even to the point of silencing him by exposing the hypocrisy of his actions. I've yet to encounter a new Assassin's Creed game that presents the templars in such an interesting and thoughtful state, especially after experiencing the Borgias of Italy in II and Brotherhood, which was a family and a confederation of other templars who were seeking nothing but shallow dominance over the people.

• RogerWho likes this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:45 PM

I only played the first one, II and its Brotherhood extension. After that, it became apparent to me that the series stalled and it was going nowhere ambitious technical wise, let alone that the story was going more ridiculous and it started to focus on so many irrelevant pieces. I liked the first part because of the story and how the Templar-Assassin fight was more philosophy-driven and each side was able to explain his worldview clearly in a convincing way.

Speaking about the first part, it wasn't merely a story of good versus evil, black versus white as the the rest of the games that followed tried to capture, but rather a story about two opposing worldviews driven by the templars and assassins of the Levant region. You can't deny the brilliance of and the well-thought speech provided by Tamir, Garnier, William, Sibrand and others after being assassinated by Altair. Their conversations made Altair to question his deeds even to the point of silencing him by exposing the hypocrisy of his actions. I've yet to encounter a new Assassin's Creed game that presents the templars in such an interesting and thoughtful state, especially after experiencing the Borgias of Italy in II and Brotherhood, which was a family and a confederation of other templars who were seeking nothing but shallow dominance over the people.

Then you should play ac3 or 4. It also presents a morally grey area for the assassins vs Templars. AND to be fair about the Borgias, even the Templars (in universe) refers to that period of time as the "dark age of the Templar order" because of them wanting nothing but power
  • HaythamKenway and otachi like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

FN

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:03 PM

I really liked the Templars in AC3. You can tell that their hearts were somewhat in the right place as more details about their deeds became known to Connor; it was clear that they wanted the best for this new land, even if it meant taking drastic and/or borderline unethical measures to ensure their goals were achieved.

Having antagonists that make me, as the player, question my actions make games more intriguing as it gives me more to think about, like a real life scenario where I have to reflect on the 'what if's' of my choices before or after executing them. Like Jabalous said, it's been a while since we've seen that in the AC series.

• HaythamKenway and Wu-Tang Forever like this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:14 PM Edited by RogerWho, 22 August 2016 - 11:18 PM.

I only played the first two (and have a few more on PS3 but haven't played them).

The first AC, at least the director's cut PC version, is severely under-appreciated. It's really one of the smartest games out there - the whole meta premise of being in a virtual reality and needing to do various things and play through the memories to synchronize was just super well done and made complete sense in context. I really appreciate when games try to explain things instead of just going "it's a video game, video game laws apply, here's a gun, go".

In addition to that honestly I was truly shocked they had the balls to have a Muslim protagonist during the holy wars. It almost made the game feel like a political commentary.

Also, the game looked gorgeous (albeit kinda grey/brown, but hey it's a desert), the story was great for the most part and investigations were cool, even though I agree they were quite repetitive (same goes for combat). The game was more like a proof of concept than a full-featured game (especially the console versions without the additional missions) but I really think video games wouldn't evolve this way without AC. I feel it sort of kickstarted open world games and made them the default go-to genre instead of FPS. It really was a bold move from Ubisoft to make a game like that at that time.

Then AC2 made almost everything better mechanically but the story got confused and stupid... I never got around to playing the next instalments.

You can't deny the brilliance of and the well-thought speech provided by Tamir, Garnier, William, Sibrand and others after being assassinated by Altair.

Indeed! If only more games could be so well thought out.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:17 PM Edited by HaythamKenway, 22 August 2016 - 11:18 PM.

Yeah, seconding the recommendations for III and IV, definitely give them a try, if you can, Jabalous. These two games are much closer to the first game in their focus on the politics of their respective periods and the philosophies of the two secret societies. I'd say that they both actually go even further than AC1 to make the Templars sympathetic and understandable. The American and Carribean Templars are a far cry from selfish, greedy, moustache-twirling Borgias and the Assassins are much more flawed and complicated bunch compared to Ezio's merry band.

I find III's story, especially, to be pretty underrated. It's not for everyone - you'll either love Connor or he'll completely piss you off, it's a real slow-burner (the plot doesn't really kick in for, like, five hours) and it can be quite awkward in how much it shoehorns the historical characters and events. It stumbles much more often than 1 or IV, which I consider to be the best written stories in the series, but III, to me, is more interesting and entertaining than both. I think it's a pretty unconventional and ambitious effort, especially when you consider how safe Ubisoft usually plays things.

They took full advantage of the setting and the time period, exploring it much more in-depth and making it absolutely integral to the plot. Connor is a wonderfully flawed person (and I mean that in a complimentary way - he's my favorite Assassin, at this point) with a unique background that actually informs and shapes his character in the story (in other words, the ethnicity actually matters here), the supporting cast is diverse and well fleshed out (the highlight, obviously, is that one guy whose name I adopted here on these forums), the depiction of the revolutionary America is suprisingly somber and unflattering, with the game going out of its way to show various parties of the war on an even ground and, without spoiling anything, it's much more of a grim, downer tale than Ezio's swashbuckling adventures.

• Wu-Tang Forever, Sir Michael and otachi like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

Ezio's story is still my favourite because it spread over multiple games. I don't know, but I was never a big fan of the whole American Revolution/Pirate thing from ACIII to Rogue. Unity was too hit and miss for my liking and I loved Syndicate.

When I look at the series as a whole from the games I've finished my two favourites are ACII and Syndicate. I'm also looking forward to the movie coming out at the end of the year. :)

otachi
  • otachi

Bring out the gimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:10 PM

Ezio's story is still my favourite because it spread over multiple games. I don't know, but I was never a big fan of the whole American Revolution/Pirate thing from ACIII to Rogue. Unity was too hit and miss for my liking and I loved Syndicate.

When I look at the series as a whole from the games I've finished my two favourites are ACII and Syndicate. I'm also looking forward to the movie coming out at the end of the year. :)

I thought syndicate was a failure.

otachi
  • otachi

Bring out the gimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:16 PM

Yeah, seconding the recommendations for III and IV, definitely give them a try, if you can, Jabalous. These two games are much closer to the first game in their focus on the politics of their respective periods and the philosophies of the two secret societies. I'd say that they both actually go even further than AC1 to make the Templars sympathetic and understandable. The American and Carribean Templars are a far cry from selfish, greedy, moustache-twirling Borgias and the Assassins are much more flawed and complicated bunch compared to Ezio's merry band.

I find III's story, especially, to be pretty underrated. It's not for everyone - you'll either love Connor or he'll completely piss you off, it's a real slow-burner (the plot doesn't really kick in for, like, five hours) and it can be quite awkward in how much it shoehorns the historical characters and events. It stumbles much more often than 1 or IV, which I consider to be the best written stories in the series, but III, to me, is more interesting and entertaining than both. I think it's a pretty unconventional and ambitious effort, especially when you consider how safe Ubisoft usually plays things.

They took full advantage of the setting and the time period, exploring it much more in-depth and making it absolutely integral to the plot. Connor is a wonderfully flawed person (and I mean that in a complimentary way - he's my favorite Assassin, at this point) with a unique background that actually informs and shapes his character in the story (in other words, the ethnicity actually matters here), the supporting cast is diverse and well fleshed out (the highlight, obviously, is that one guy whose name I adopted here on these forums), the depiction of the revolutionary America is suprisingly somber and unflattering, with the game going out of its way to show various parties of the war on an even ground and, without spoiling anything, it's much more of a grim, downer tale than Ezio's swashbuckling adventures.

Well said.

Synthol
  • Synthol

Just touch uranus someplace else

• Members
  • Namibia

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

I still remember the days of AC1 and AC2 when AC was a beloved franchise. ACB and R were great but everything past that point is unnecessary.
Why, ubisoft? Why?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:40 PM

People were turned off from AC3 because of the glitches. It was buggy as hell.

I've always enjoyed it.

This is a crazy idea I had. There's a new Splinter Cell rumored to be coming out. I think we all hope it goes back to the Chaos Theory/Double Agent type of engine. My hope is that they implement some of the Conviction/Blacklist mechanics into a more modern or even present day story. Specifically mark and execute. That mechanic seems a lot more suitable for Assassin's Creed than Splinter Cell.

Either way, they need to kick up the modern story of the series a bit more since AC3.
  • Payne Killer likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

The best Assassin's Creed game is Assassin's Creed. The sequels, apart from the very first one, just introduce successive amounts of bloat that don't further the game in any way, they just give you more stuff on the side to do. They're acceptable games, as games go, but so crammed full of useless nonsense that adds nothing but busywork. 

I remember when Assassin's Creed had the most exciting and innovative concept in gaming. Then we got f*cking Ezio the pin up, and it all went downhill from there. 

Black Flag was a great return to form. Syndicate was pretty good. The rest have been tedious garbage, IMO. And bear in mind, I have bought every single AC game on release day, I even consider myself to be a "big fan" of the series, but it is so overwhelmingly disappointing that they've never made a game as good as the first since. 

They need to strip it back and get back to the Assassin's Creed roots.

• RogerWho likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:26 AM

The conflict between two philosophies-order and freedom-is what makes this series different than others. Personally closer to freedom even though both could be misused by people with personal ambitions and corrupted. Still-absolute power usually leads to absolute corruption,so some balance of power is necesssary.

For a AC3,I liked Connor and all process of him growing up in front of us and Haytam and his cynicism and all that story in 18th century. Lot of things to do in game and it was not boring to me. Plyed on 360 and PS3 so didn't really see some glitches. My biggest problem with that one was end of Desmond's saga. For five games was preparing for a big finale,even expected his sacrifice. But pulling Juno as alive out of nowhere and making her alive somehove was a bad move. And next 4 games after that modern story didn't go no where with that. Some resolution is necessary for modern part but maybe movie will make things better in that field. 

I didn't played AC Unity jet but I heard that technical problems were big in both PC and Consoles. Also,story has weaknesses and French Revolution was shown too one sided according to some critics:

https://www.reddit.c...l5j&sh=67c1dafa

AC Syndicate was already improvend in some aspects and hopefully future games will good as the first games in series.

• Wu-Tang Forever likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:01 PM

One thing I'm worried about in regards to Empire is that it'll be too reactionary. Unity had problems and needed much more care than it received; but gameplay-wise, it was a step in the right direction. They just needed to keep the core design intact and refine it, improve upon it - and Syndicate was merely just a start of that (and, I'd like to add that it was a rather successful start, taking the critical and fan reaction into account).

But now, one of the earlier reports is that Empire has The Witcher as a big inspiration... which isn't a bad thing. I'd probably rather look at MGSV for an example to follow, due to the closer genre proximity, but whatever, it's a good game. What I'm worried about is that they'll just declare Unity and Syndicate as a failed experiment and revamp everything again, for the third time in five years. And I find that needless and a waste of the good ideas those two games had. For all their flaws and failings, they got closer to the spirit of, what I think, Assassin's Creed should be. The Witcher III might be a brilliant game, but I don't see it as an ideal Assassin's Creed game. Mainly rely on the inspiration from within, not from the outside, is my point.

Of course, this is just a largely unfounded fear, based on unconfirmed leaks and rumors, but this is an industry full of knee-jerk reactions and furious 180 turns in the sequels. I don't want Ubisoft to sacrifice the work and correct design decisions they've made in the latest games in the pursuit of current popular trends (which is something that has already happened in the series, after all, culminating with III). Do not twist the game into The Witcher; merely consider what elements The Witcher has, that you could adapt for an Assassin's Creed game.

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

I think Witcher 3 is a good example of how to create a vibrant and living open world that you truly felt apart of. If thats what they take from it, the next AC could be amazing

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:19 AM

But now, one of the earlier reports is that Empire has The Witcher as a big inspiration...

I've not played the recent AssCreeds or W3 but generally speaking, I wouldn't be worried. I expect that if they're looking outside for inspiration, it's for spicing up the 'Ubisoft game' formula which everyone and their dog has been complaining about recently (since to reviewers, AC, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Division etc. are all just one game apparently).

Also, Ubisoft has never been reactionary in their game development. Maybe with the exception of Rainbow Six Vegas and Splinter Cell Conviction, I'd say they generally keep doing their own thing and following their own footsteps. (Too much in fact, according to a lot of people.)

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:24 PM Edited by BenMitchell90, 05 September 2016 - 12:58 PM.

As much flack as it gets for all being the same and coming out every year (not that these gripes aren't entirely without merit), I think it's a great, great series. I'd go so far as to say it's my favorite video game series of all time, knocking the previous king (GTA of course) off its throne.

I was really late to the party, as the first game I played was Assassin's Creed III when I got it in early '14. For whatever reason, the series never captured my interest before, but a Revolutionary War setting, a Native American protagonist, and a gorgeous countryside setting (someone was clearly studying their Red Dead Redemption)? I was in. And it wasn't the easiest start, to be honest - it took a while for me to get used to the somewhat odd control scheme and the whole thing just felt kinda wonky (oh man, you should have seen me trying to pick up and use a musket rifle in one of the early missions... my ineptitude put freaking DarkSydePhil to shame, haha). But the setting and story held my interest, and I loved playing as Haytham Kenway (he really reminds me of Timothy Dalton's James Bond, which is hardly a bad thing), so I stuck with it and slowly but surely got better. By the time I finished it, for all its issues, I found myself loving the game - and when I did a second playthrough the next year, after playing all the other games, I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy III so much anymore, but I found myself loving it even more. A lot of what some people dislike about the game - the really slow pace, Connor, the Colonial America setting - I really love, and while the gameplay stumbles from time to time (it's a bit too linear for its own good), I had so much fun running around the map and killing Redcoats with my trusty Tomahawk that I could overlook the flaws. And I absolutely love the story and character work, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it's a more even-handed, morally grey depiction of the Revolutionary War than the trailers that made it look like The Patriot: The Video Game let on.

So after loving III, I was definitely interested in playing the rest of the games. I asked for AC IV: Black Flag for my birthday and was just blown away. Not only was the story really good, but the gameplay was just a complete and utter blast - plundering ships and taking down forts never gets old, and being able to sail and customize my own ship had me nostalgia-ing hard about my Lego pirate ship from back in the day. And the basic assassin gameplay took III's formula and improved upon it considerably, and there's just so much fun pirate-y stuff you can do on the side. Those diving bell sections freaked me out though, as cool as they are. Da*n sharks and eels scared the hell out of me. I picked up the Freedom Cry DLC after beating the main game, and while it's a bit on the short side, the storyline and score were so POWERFUL that it more than made up for it.

Then I picked up the Ezio trilogy for cheap after hearing how series-defining and incredible those games were, and was not disappointed. For my money, II is the best of them - I loved how it took you on this big journey across Italy, as well as seeing Ezio grow from some street punk chasing girls to Master Assassin material. Brotherhood was also pretty awesome (and really made me hanker for an AC set in Ancient Rome), and while Revelations felt a little stale gameplay-wise right off of Brotherhood, I loved the story and setting. Between the two, I'd say Revelations is probably my favorite - while it's basically Brotherhood set in a different city, it feels more unique than Brotherhood, if that makes sense.

When the Unity/Rogue duo came along, I didn't have a next-gen console (and was in no hurry to play Unity, given its disastrous launch), so Rogue it was. While it's pretty much just a "Greatest Hits" collection of III and IV in terms of gameplay, I still found it incredibly fun, and I absolutely loved the storyline. As a huge fanboy of III and IV, this was like a dream come true, and Shay was a surprisingly great protagonist. And oh God, the Appalachian River Valley and North Atlantic were beyond gorgeous.

I cooled down on the series for a while, until I got an Xbox One bundled with Unity for Christmas. I haven't played through Unity yet, but I've played enough that I can say that I really like it. While the story is pretty weak and Arno's pretty meh, the gameplay is really fun, and Paris is freaking stunning. 

Not long after, I finally picked up AC I after it became backwards compatible. And yeah, it's really repetitive, and feels more like a tech demo than a full-blown game. But the setting and story are just fantastic, and I really enjoyed finally playing as Altair in his prime and his journey from arrogant a**hole to more humbled and wise Master Assassin (even if the American accent was really unfitting). It's not my favorite of the series, but I'll never skip it in marathons, and I'm really interested in picking up that expanded Director's Cut for PC.

Then I picked up Syndicate, and that's the one I'm playing through right now - I'm on Sequence 8 (even though it's weirdly unlockable early on, I held off on tackling it until after beating all the other Sequences), so I'm not far off from beating it, and I can safely say it's one of my favorites in the series. The story may not be quite as epic as say, II or III, but it's still really fun and has some great characters, especially Evie. And the gameplay is just so much fun, with a wealth of stuff to do, and really enjoyable stealth (one thing the series has always struggled with - I'm still kind of amazed that it took them until III to realize "Hey, maybe we should let players lean against a wall"). And London is just amazing, probably my favorite video game city since GTA IV's Liberty City. I can't wait to tackle the Jack the Ripper DLC, I've always been fascinated (and creeped out) by everything surrounding him.

As for where the series goes next? If the rumors are true and we get an Ancient Egypt game with Empire, I am completely on board. Ancient Egypt is one of my favorite historical settings ever, and given how far back it goes in history, it would make for a really interesting story. And if it's expanded into a trilogy with games set in Ancient Rome and Ancient Greece? He** yeah, I am so there.

EDIT - Thought I'd edit my post to give my thoughts on Liberation, since I realized I forgot to bring it up (I played the HD version off Xbox Live). It's pretty fun, I loved the setting, and the story was pretty cool. Aveline was an awesome protagonist. And being an AC III/Connor fanboy I loved the tie-in mission, haha.

• HaythamKenway and gtarusty like this

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:24 PM Edited by Original Light, 27 August 2016 - 04:26 PM.

I like pretty much all of them. AC1 I still haven't finished, it's bland to me. Though it's definitely a classic.

AC II, Brotherhood, and Black Flag would have to be my top favorites. III had some good gameplay, and I loved the larger open world concept that Black Flag built upon, but I feel that III had one of the weakest stories.

Unity was buggy initially, but now (almost 2 years later), I think it's a solid game. 

I think it's smart that they're not releasing a new Assassin's Creed this year. They need to reinvent the series and let it breathe a little. 

gajrajgchouhan
  • gajrajgchouhan

tommycjnikojohnnyluis fan

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:26 PM

Why they aren't they making the game in a ancient japan with a assassin like sort of a Ninja Hattori with them cool Batarangs like star shaped things would be awesome !! They should do it ! Even though they say it would be too "obvious" , it can still be a hit if polished it right.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:52 PM Edited by Majestic81, 31 August 2016 - 06:14 PM.

I started the series with the second game, then played Brotherhood, Revelations and played a little of AC3 but im still at the haytham kenway part so I didnt really progress much. The series is okay.. im not blown away by it or anything.. I liked the new stuff they introduced in Brotherhood and Revelations, Ezio is an alright character but not a great one IMO.

The games dont run very well on my machine so I've wondered if that was a reason that I didnt enjoy them as much as I thought I would.

Im not a fan of the animus crap. I would have preferred if we just played as the ancestors and the the animus plot was scratched entirely. I also wasnt into the idea of assassins being honorable at all..

Also did not like how when you kill someone time stops and you have a conversation or some sh*t with the person you just killed..

I also have a problem with the characters and cutscenes.. they just don't seem believable most of the time or written well. Other than a few of course. Like the scenes with Rodrigo Borgia or his son. Cesare was a great villain.  

This is a great scene between them. Brotherhood spoilers obviously.

Other than that.. The cities, music, weapons and armor, performing assassinations or running on rooftops are all very well done. Venice in AC2 is amazing.

One of the things I really liked about the series is that it has good middle eastern references and elements.. Like you can visit parts of Syria like Masyaf or Damascus. As well as Istanbul which is in Turkey, some weapons or armor have an Arabic design, etc.. Most video games never have a middle eastern setting.

I was also a little down after finishing Revelations.. the Ezio games have a bit of a tragic element to them.

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:01 PM

IGN has a story up about there possibly being an Ezio Collection remaster for PS4/XB1. This would make me very happy
  • acmilano likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:24 PM

III and Rogue remaster too, pretty please.

Especially Rogue. I can't get into IV ever since that game came out. Rogue doesn't do much more than add a few tweaks to IV's formula, but coupled with a much cooler setting (pun intended), an actual major city and more substantial rural landmass with surprisingly large villages and settlements, it was more than enough to render IV obsolete to me.

IV still easily beats Rogue when it comes to the story, though. Darby McDevitt is the king. I wish Ubi didn't take the easy way out with the Borgia Treatment of Achilles's Brotherhood and did something a bit more complex for the first game with a Templar protagonist. I know they were pressed on time and it was fun in its own way, so I'm not that disappointed, but I definitely hope they'll give their next Templar story a bit more care.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:27 PM

IGN has a story up about there possibly being an Ezio Collection remaster for PS4/XB1. This would make me very happy

http://www.gamesrada...y-amazon-italy/

Quite possible we will get it on 17th November. Nice,still,Iwould prefer Desmond Collection with I and III included. Its just not complete saga with out all 5 games.

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:06 AM

Eh, I'm a little on the fence. If it's a good remaster, I'll probably bite. If it's more along the lines of how that Batman: Arkham Asylum/City remaster was looking before it was "delayed indefinitely", no thanks, I'll hold onto my original 360 trilogy. And agreed with acmilano, the lack of I and III really feels odd. I'd love to see I in particular get a major overhaul, with some of II's improvements added to it and Altair's Revelations voice actor, but that's pretty much a pipe dream.

Then again, maybe they're doing the remasters like they did their collections of the games on 360. Like Ezio's trilogy got its own collection in one case, but then they did an "Americas" collection with III, Black Flag and Liberation. If they take that route again, I'd love to see them throw Rogue into the Americas collection as well. But this would still leave poor AC I out. We'll see.

• acmilano and HaythamKenway like this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:01 PM Edited by BenMitchell90, 07 September 2016 - 11:06 PM.

Finally beat the story in Syndicate the other day - still have a lot of side stuff to do, but I think I'll save all that for my next playthrough. Overall, while it may not have been particularly groundbreaking, I can say that it's easily as a whole one of my favorites of the series, with an amazing setting and a fun story. And as far as characters go, Jacob and Evie are two of my favorite Assassins now (especially Evie), and Starrick is easily my favorite Templar since Haytham Kenway. The other big standout for me was Maxwell Roth. I loved his whole relationship with Jacob, and how he went from a somewhat fun and charismatic character at first to one that was downright chilling. "Why not?"

Now on to Jack the Ripper...

After that, it's tempting to dive into Unity... but I'm even more tempted to do a series playthrough of all the games in chronological order (in terms of the historical portions). I also picked up all three Chronicles games recently off Xbox Live, so they'll be fun to throw in and sort of spice things up, gameplay wise:

* AC I

* AC II

* Brotherhood

* Revelations

* Embers (Not a game, but concludes Ezio's story)

* Chronicles: China

* AC IV: Black Flag

* Freedom Cry

* Rogue

* AC III/Liberation

* Unity

* Chronicles: India

* Syndicate

* Jack the Ripper

* Chronicles: Russia

That's a sh*tload of Assassin's Creed! Watching the Assassins and Templars evolve over the decades, going from the Crusades all the way to Victorian London, just seems so cool to me. And I've been wanting to do second playthroughs of Revelations, Rogue and Black Flag and a third playthrough of III, so this is the perfect chance.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:22 PM

Ezio Collection available on 17th November. Graphics doesn't look much better,but it would be nice to play it on new consoles.

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:46 PM

I have yet to play Black Flag. I thought about buying it on my PS3 but since it's on the PS4, I will probably wait to purchase it when I buy a PS4. I loved the naval stuff in ACIII and I heard many great things about ACIV so I know I'll enjoy it.

kBlaise
  • kBlaise

"We're two hombres in a strange town..."

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:43 PM

Here's a quick comparison between the PC and the new Ezio Collection versions (Assassin's Creed 2):

http://www.neogaf.co...8&postcount=166

Apart from the upgraded texture resolution, the improved shaders are obvious (less shiny and cartoony faces). The lighting is a bit better as well.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:42 PM

I have yet to play Black Flag. I thought about buying it on my PS3 but since it's on the PS4, I will probably wait to purchase it when I buy a PS4. I loved the naval stuff in ACIII and I heard many great things about ACIV so I know I'll enjoy it.

Definitely get it on PS4

That's without a doubt the way the game should be played to truly appreciate the beauty and scale of the Caribbean (or any current gen console/pc)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users