Quantcast

» «
Photo

New DYOM era survey/discussion

87 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA Underground DYOM survey voting (100 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you make a transition to GTA Underground DYOM?

1. Yes (82 votes [82.00%])

Percentage of vote: 82.00%

2. No (18 votes [18.00%])

Percentage of vote: 18.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
skatefilter5
  • skatefilter5

It's all about things to do in any games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:27 PM Edited by skatefilter5, 20 September 2016 - 01:28 PM.

In fact for old dyom 8.1 has iusses when the actors are driving so stupidly, like crashing to walls or fall off the water in GTA Underground. How can I fix the problem? Is it the map limit?

I put 100 actors and the game crashes in originals but the underground didn't crash but it have iusses with the AI by driving stupidly.

Aviral sharma
  • Aviral sharma

lol!!! it's easy, lets play Samp

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:29 PM

from where can I download GTA underground ?give me the link

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

You've been sent to the nearest hospital.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:51 PM Edited by Still Madd, 21 September 2016 - 03:52 PM.

I could give you a link to a book so you can learn to read. The mod isn't finished yet.

OT; I don't really think Underground will cause an impact in DYOM, after all, we'll be getting the same paki kids with no English knowledge and these discussions will be made again again and again.

But I may give it a try if Underground gets released.

I'm not sure about this, that's why I voted 'No'.

BTW, good topic, Jimmy :)

• dkluin likes this

A-spec
  • A-spec

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:50 PM

I think it will be a good idea for DYOM to support GTA Underground as it will be all 3D era GTA games rolled into on; the possibilities would be endless.As for how well GTA Underground would run on low-mid computers will only be revealed in time.By the way would GTA underground be intstallable through modloader? If so that would be awesone as you'd be able to switch between Original SA and GTA Underground. Also does anybody know what the projected/exact requirements of GTA Underground are/will be?

Light Syde Riandy
  • Light Syde Riandy

LSR

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

GTA:U isn't compatible with modloader. And if I cannot use custom handling.cfg to make every police cars as fast as elegy, then that adds another reason why I don't want it to be a side TC for this community. I want something like that because I don't need 5 stars wanted level to make police chase challenging.

A-spec
  • A-spec

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:33 PM

It's not compatible with modloader atm; but does the author plan on making it compatible perhaps in future/final release(s). I'm thinking that maybe GTAU team hasn't gotten around to making it compatible with modloader yet but maybe plans to eventually.

ωilL
  • ωilL

DYOM Designer (Medium)

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

More or less support. I do not support everything in SA, and yes I point the door to DYOM for these games, it would be very personal in SA, many would need to download OLA, and in my opinion, this is annoying.

Roxie
  • Roxie

Trying my best to avoid being a Tomato

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:47 PM

HERE IS THE LINK
GTA Underground

dkluin
  • dkluin

GTA:Underground Developer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

I'm interested in making it compatible myself. Which features aren't working with UG?

• Aftab likes this

skatefilter5
  • skatefilter5

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:12 PM

I'm interested in making it compatible myself. Which features aren't working with UG?

For DYOM i hope they add attack rate 0 to 100 and set invincibility (1,1,1,1,1) (immunity) and more gangs and set ped to kill.

"For invincibility you can't hurt a ped, you have to protect it"

/\rdooZ
  • /\rdooZ

Proud Member of the Order of The Phoenix

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

Being able to select Underground's weapons , cars and peds is what's most needed.
However, if you want to go a bit further, features like Spook-O-Meeter and being able to choose clothes for default CJ and more like these would be much appreciated.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:08 AM

Like Ardooz said, being able to select Underground's weapons, cars and peds while designing is the highest priority. However, from what i've heard, implementing Undreground's weapons, vehicles and peds in the game (DYOM mode) itself. Since we can't see Underground vehicles & peds on the map. Cities are pretty much not populated (except the normal SA peds here and there) and there's no traffic at all. So pretty much, DYOM should be optimized to receive custom GTA:U stuff just like SA's original stuff and make it usable while designing AND playing the missions. Having streets empty without GTA:U peds and vehicles around (especially in GTA:U cities and rest of the map) would completely destroy the atmosphere. It does totally feel odd since DYOM prevents the game from randomly spawning anything that isn't from original SA (GTA:U custom peds, vehicles and weapons). Also, prevent the crash when trying to enter an interior on yellow marker (GTA:U custom interiors mostly), and the time cycle and weather also slightly change when travelling to the other cities, so it should be made DYOM compatible since in DYOM we have full control over the weather. Changing radio stations (and music itself) while travelling to the other cities is fine by me. Just make sure it doesn't crash or make designing buggy for some reason.

This is all i can think of regarding DYOM optimization for GTA:U. Some other crash-preventing stuff would help while designing and that would be it.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Best Mission Designer 2015

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

You need Dutchy and Patrick for this. They need to make DYOM to be able to read GTA:U exclusive peds as you cant use them in missions noir do they populate the city when using DYOM. So far our attempts to reach them have been fruitless. Maybe you could make this happen. If DYOM gets proper GTA:u support, I'll get back to designing as soon as I can

YasirRFL King
  • YasirRFL King

Yasir Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:29 AM

But I like to have DYOM in vice city first.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:32 AM Edited by Gummy , 23 May 2017 - 05:35 AM.

You need Dutchy and Patrick for this. They need to make DYOM to be able to read GTA:U exclusive peds as you cant use them in missions noir do they populate the city when using DYOM. So far our attempts to reach them have been fruitless. Maybe you could make this happen. If DYOM gets proper GTA:u support, I'll get back to designing as soon as I can

Not necessarily. Things like adding the ability to read the GTA:U peds and other custom content wouldn't be much of a problem and I'm sure a coder besides Dutchy and Patrick could add this ability. We need Dutchy and Patrick when a new feature is going to be added.

Also, the disk space problem can be fixed if the Underground devs decide to leave the SA cordinates as is. That way older missions can still be played with Underground, and missions created in Underground that only takes place in SA can be played in normal SA.

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

I'll get on this in the future.

• Jimmy_Leppard, Alexander, Gummy  and 2 others like this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

What do you know, I might actually get back to DYOM if that happens.

• GalacticXp1, dkluin and Delaware like this

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

Well, for now I am trying to work on finishing SAMP support, and I'm working on systems to help prevent things like spam and such, and yeah, you should come back to DYOM.

Given that this has been something people wanted, I'm definitely interested, and so there's a big chance that it may be done, but that just comes down to how the DYOM developers react to this.

• Jimmy_Leppard, Alexander, Gummy  and 3 others like this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:13 PM

I'm sure you'll have their blessings.

GalacticXp1
  • GalacticXp1

Senior DYOM Designer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

What do you know, I might actually get back to DYOM if that happens.

If it does happen I would surely enjoy your missions, always have.

• Jimmy_Leppard likes this

skatefilter5
  • skatefilter5

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:32 PM Edited by skatefilter5, 09 June 2017 - 01:33 PM.

Do you how to edit DYOM scm?

I take a look and there's no sign of editing it because it won't let me

Springfield
  • Springfield

-_-

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:06 PM Edited by Springfield, 09 June 2017 - 02:32 PM.

I edited it by removing some opcodes which blocks me to compile it. I added some features but unfortunately, i lost files.

skatefilter5
  • skatefilter5

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

I edited it by removing some opcodes which blocks me to compile it. I added some features but unfortunately, i lost files.

so did it crash in dyom once it's edited?

Springfield
  • Springfield

-_-

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:04 PM

Fortunately, Nope.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Best Mission Designer 2015

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 3 weeks ago

So most of us here just got a PM from Patrick saying to expect news soon. I guess now is the best time of all to address this issue so both modders can resolve it

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 3 weeks ago.

I know that Danny (Underground lead developer) just made it possible for us to use Underground peds, vehicles and weapons in DYOM a couple of days ago. It's yet to be seen how that works as he's going to release the newest Snapshot for Underground in August.

I asked Patrick if there's a chance they'll release a new DYOM version and he said that it is possible, but not likely as the only new DYOM version they may release in the future is a bug fix release, so I guess that's as good as a ''no'' when it comes to a new DYOM version with new functions. The only way we'll see a new DYOM version is if Danny gets the permission from Dutchy and Patrick to edit and upgrade the DYOM script, but he's currently busy with Underground and it's gonna be a while until he finishes that project. I don't think he's going to work on DYOM and Underground at the same time, but nevertheless, it's between him, Dutchy and Patrick.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 3 weeks ago

So most of us here just got a PM from Patrick saying to expect news soon. I guess now is the best time of all to address this issue so both modders can resolve it

Maybe you should reread the PM. I only mentioned a newsitem on the DYOM site about the 2016 awards.

No need to spark expectations that might not happen.

Regarding this topic: there are much deeper issues to support such a thing, than might seem on first glance.

And with the recent development of rockstar banning porting of game assets between diverent versions and games, it remains to be seen what the future of underground will be, anyways.

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm working on a system which can be used to make DYOM compatible, not DYOM compability. What I've done so far is introduce extra SCM/CLEO opcodes through CLEO which can be used to make it compatible. 

• Gummy  and Rocket Man FI like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users