Quantcast

» «
Photo

New DYOM era survey/discussion

87 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA Underground DYOM survey voting (100 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you make a transition to GTA Underground DYOM?

1. Yes (82 votes [82.00%])

Percentage of vote: 82.00%

2. No (18 votes [18.00%])

Percentage of vote: 18.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:20 AM

I vote yes. 

My reasoning, however, is pretty harsh, so if you're offended, well, I don't really give a sh*t. if you disagree though then thats fine. 

Basically, the way I see it is that in my 3 years of DYOM, the users who can speak English well produce higher quality missions then those who can barely form a coherent sentence. Don't think I'm generalising, but It's more to do with what I've noticed over the years. I'm not doubting there are designing with very poor grammar that can't produce missions. I don't know what the reasoning of this is, perhaps they have trouble understanding the potential features of DYOM and bug fixes that they try reading up on. Or maybe their are just a lot of inexperienced players who happen to be foreign, I mean most of the people here don't even have English as their first language. I'm one of the few who doesn't know multiple languages. 

This same group of people also seem to commonly have ignored the new DYOM SL/MP rules that Secrenom implemented. The "must upload a mission every four days" or "upload 8 missions at a time" rule went over the heads of many foreign designers who likely didn't understand the rules or just ignored it. 

Now, notice how almost every contributing member to the DYOM community who can speak English well has embraced the changes that has gone to DYOM over the past year and have produced high quality, or atleast effortful missions. Even people who visit on and off, they understand the rules and standards and can embrace the changes. 

Now, if these same people can accept the potential upcoming change and upgrade their DYOM to Undergound then, hell, will there be any poorly made, barely coherent missions on the new transition? Taking into consideration, that, looking at the past, the same people who ignore the rules and regulations of DYOM as those who upload poor quality missions, will likely ignore this upcoming transition and be left to edit in the outdated, regular San Andreas. 

That being said, I'm always welcome for people who design in different languages to make missions in DYOM. So maybe if this change is implemented then we should consider ensuring that we inform the community of the changes in different languages. It's just mainly the people who speak very poor English. Besides, we're still able to play their missions, It's only that their not able to play ours. My main point is that the DYOM community would be much stronger if we were to upgrade to Underground. 

People with poor computers is the only thing I'm doubtful of. People who design high quality missions might be left in the dust and it would be unfair for them. I, myself, have a poor computer but I'm willing to give it some upgrades for the sake of Underground. That is if San Andreas and Underground would be able to run on a Mac, which, in that case, I'll just use that. (Anyone know if it would run well on a Mac?) 

• Jimmy_Leppard and Target13 like this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:16 AM

@Topaz

GTA United and San Vice are both very buggy and unstable for making missions as those mods aren't DYOM compatible. However, Underground developers have taken DYOM into account and made Underground mod DYOM compatible. Like I said, I made some basic and some more complicated missions in Underground just for the sake of seeing how stable it is and I can tell you, if you have a normally-operating PC, Underground mod for DYOM is a breeze. I didn't experience any glitches, crashes or bugs yet.

Also, I didn't think we should wait until Underground is finished though because that will take years since they have a couple of more cities to add. I thought transitioning into this Underground that's available now since it has Vice City, Liberty City and (for the most part) Bullworth completely stable. DYOM in itself is already restricted to GTA SA core game features, so we can't use new peds, interiors, objects etc. that come with Underground anyway since they aren't featured in DYOM. However, we can expand to the cities. That's the point here.

@ Odyssey - I see your point and I agree. Like people already said before, you don't need a supercomputer to run Underground, but the installation is a different story. It is a bit more complicated if you don't have the necessary GTA SA version of the core game.

The margin in favor of transitioning is increasing which is good since it shows people are willing to transition. We'll see how it goes further as days go by. Like I said, I have plans for at least two Underground mission packs and I'm sure others who voted yes might have some plans too, so this poll also shows that if we put the effort into making an Underground powered DYOM mission pack, it won't go unnoticed and it won't be dismissed. That's good to know.

• dkluin likes this

Bender
  • Bender

Swiss Army Dildo

• Daily Globe
  • Netherlands
  • Best Kitchen Appliance 2016

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:26 PM

Creator had DYOM in mind when starting GTA Underground to make it compatible, so we can consider this as a relief.

No, he didn't. it's just luck that Underground doesn't crash with DYOM.

• dkluin likes this

dkluin
  • dkluin

GTA:Underground Developer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:30 PM Edited by dkluin, 25 August 2016 - 08:06 PM.

The thing with GTA: Underground compability is that if the developers instead make a it search the game memory to find the ped IDs, same for vehicles/weapons. It's not hard, infact GTA: Underground itself scans the game pools aswell. It will not only work for GTA: Underground, but for alot of other projects aswell. It has so much potential.

About GTA: Underground, yes, it is designed to not replace the original vehicles/peds/weapons at most cases and should support alot of mods, but the installing part is actually the tricky part.

I see much potential in this myself, too.

• Jimmy_Leppard, Gummy , Casualmind and 2 others like this

GET REKT
  • GET REKT

WEGO WEGO WEGO!! TUTUTTUTUT!

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:41 PM

Dkluin, i PM you but i deleted it. I need help with underground. When i open the page. It says this page is blocked from your country! It"s virused. So can you please upload it to Mediafire or mega?

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:42 PM

dkluin, yes, but I don't know if Patrick and Dutchy are interested in making a new DYOM version. Maybe if you talk to them and maybe if they give you the permission to make a new DYOM version, then you'd surely do the DYOM community a great favor.

• Light Syde Riandy, Huzaifa khan and GET REKT like this

GET REKT
  • GET REKT

WEGO WEGO WEGO!! TUTUTTUTUT!

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

Maybe... i"m not sure.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:42 PM

Can missions from vanilla SA be played in Underground?

I can see this as a way to revive the community, but the current state of Underground is kind of buggy and is prone to crashing a lot, and the lack of modloader support turns me off.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, there's a bigger issue right now that I pointed out to dkluin.

There is actually no point in thinking about DYOM Undeground until the full, final version of GTA Underground is released because GTA Underground is adding and removing features with every new patch, so basically, with every new GTA Underground version, missions made before it wouldn't be able to be played as newer Underground versions wouldn't support missions made by older Underground versions.

• Danz. likes this

skatefilter5
  • skatefilter5

It's all about things to do in any games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:29 PM Edited by skatefilter5, 26 August 2016 - 08:48 PM.

i bet we can add new features for dyom it will be great i look into new objectives for this mod i want to see how many ped and cars

if the underground is finish your going to finish dyom with new objects?

Springfield
  • Springfield

Stars looks beautiful? Just imagine about creator!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:55 PM Edited by Husnain123, 02 September 2016 - 05:55 PM.

Forget it, what just i said!

• Huzaifa khan likes this

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Best Mission Designer 2015

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:22 PM

I with all heart support this. In fact, I already have a project in mind for GTA Underground with DYOM. The problem is, as for now, using DYOM with GTA Underground is pretty much useless and pointless. DYOM Teleport function does not work in this mod, hence creating missions with longer distances would be a great annoyance and would consume a great deal of extra time. Locations other than San Andreas are pretty much not populated in DYOM. Well, LC and Bullsworth does seem to have like five peds walking around and no cars at all. I tried using other teleporters such as CLEO one but they seem to also not be able to teleport outside Andreas and teleport you to Blueberry instead. Underground exclusive interriors crash and we can't use city-exclusive peds and cars that Underground provides. I did try reaching out to both Patrick and Dutchy on more than one occasion. They're pretty much always online but they never respond. It seems to me quite naive to think that they would be so busy that they would not be able respond, not to mention they have been neglecting DYOM community for about two years now. I am pretty certain they just said "f*ck it" in regards of DYOM and don't really care about us anymore. The only solution here would be to somewhat get them to respond and convince them to make the project open source or let someone else handle the code. I am pretty sure Dkluin himself would be in interest of Underground having full DYOM compatibility, as he mentioned more than once. This is the first time a creator of a mod has shown great interest in DYOM, and because of Patrick and Dutchy we can't exploit this opportunity. So, to set things straight - unless Dutchy and Patrick open DYOM for other people to code, we're stuck in the situation that we are now. And until that changes, I won't be touching it.

• Alan Eastwood and Springfield like this

Springfield
  • Springfield

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:36 PM Edited by Husnain123, 01 September 2016 - 05:41 PM.

Well you're saying right, i'm agree with you, that if the Admins are so busy, that even they can't respond our messages, then why should we like to give a chance to someone like dkluin, to create a new 'era' for dyom. If he can make these interior's and other huge coding of Underground, then he can also solve the situation of dyom. 

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:26 PM

Well you're saying right, i'm agree with you, that if the Admins are so busy, that even they can't respond our messages, then why should we like to give a chance to someone like dkluin, to create a new 'era' for dyom. If he can make these interior's and other huge coding of Underground, then he can also solve the situation of dyom. 

For that Patrick and Dutchy needs to provide him with source code, and for that we need to get in touch with them

Springfield
  • Springfield

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:53 PM Edited by Husnain123, 02 September 2016 - 05:54 PM.

I'll waiting for admins to see this topic and think something about it.

Shockdome
  • Shockdome

Just some dude on the Internet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:37 PM Edited by Shockdome, 02 September 2016 - 11:37 PM.

This "Mod" will die out if no change happens. I doubt Dutchy and Patrick will come back.

I agree with The Odyssesy. I don't have a problem if your English isn't 100% perfect. But when it's so broken it's barely readble that's when it gets annoying.

Also, i'm on a Mac. Wine has its problems but it is still the best option out there unless you can use Bootcamp on your Mac. If so just use that.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:01 PM

The thing is they're not even gone. People say Dutchy and Patrick are pretty reachable in the Dutch forums. However, if you try to contact them regarding DYOM, you will likely not receive a response. They're online on Skype very often too. Yet you will hardly ever get their attention. I am pretty certain they do this on purpose.

• Light Syde Riandy likes this

Alan Eastwood
  • Alan Eastwood

Hazardous Environments

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:10 PM

The thing is they're not even gone. People say Dutchy and Patrick are pretty reachable in the Dutch forums. However, if you try to contact them regarding DYOM, you will likely not receive a response. They're online on Skype very often too. Yet you will hardly ever get their attention. I am pretty certain they do this on purpose.

That's a damn shame. I hope they can someday give us some news about what's left for DYOM, they left us pretty much alone in the dark.

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2013 [No Age Limit]

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:35 PM

If that's really the case then I don't see why Dutchy and Patrick shouldn't just give DYOM's Source Code to a script modder willing to actually further improve this mod. Because now it's obvious that DYOM is slowly fading and it seems as if the only reason Dutchy and Patrick aren't sharing the code is to keep their authorship. I'm wondering what really matters to them, the future of DYOM or their legacy?

I'm sure the community will never forget them even if they give away the mod to someone else.

• Jimmy_Leppard and Light Syde Riandy like this

Alan Eastwood
  • Alan Eastwood

Hazardous Environments

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:24 PM

If that's really the case then I don't see why Dutchy and Patrick shouldn't just give DYOM's Source Code to a script modder willing to actually further improve this mod. Because now it's obvious that DYOM is slowly fading and it seems as if the only reason Dutchy and Patrick aren't sharing the code is to keep their authorship. I'm wondering what really matters to them, the future of DYOM or their legacy?

I'm sure the community will never forget them even if they give away the mod to someone else.

It's understandable that they don't wanna share one of their life's work. Many people wanted to make a DYOM update unofficially and I think it made them reckless in some way. It's been like 2 years since the last version of DYOM, maybe we're a little anxious and too desperate to make DYOM great again when it wasn't any problem at all. The real problem is that there aren't too many designers online to spark the light in the community and we're always complaining about the community dying when we're just lazy to make new mission packs among other stuff.

• Notna and Target13 like this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:08 PM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 06 September 2016 - 02:09 PM.

Yeah, I sent Dutchy a PM here a few weeks ago and she was online since then, but I haven't gotten a reply from her.

In years past, whenever I would've contacted her or Patrick about DYOM related stuff, they would respond within hours. I guess they don't see the point in continuing to make new DYOM versions because DYOM hasn't been voted the best mod for a while now. Maybe they decided to 'retire' from DYOM the first year it stops being voted the best mod. Either that or they can't upgrade DYOM anymore. I remember them saying after releasing DYOM 8.1 that the engine is already stacked too much and that they don't have space to upgrade anymore.

Considering what others have said about contacting them too, I guess unfortunately, we might never get a new DYOM update unless dkluin (GTA Underground developer) creates new DYOM from scratch which would take too much time and too much effort for the results that wouldn't be nearly as satisfying. What I do know is that DYOM certainly has unlimited potential in combination with GTA Underground. It's sad that it may never become reality.

• Alan Eastwood likes this

Absar J Khan
  • Absar J Khan

Proud Fighter

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best USB citizen 2016

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:15 PM Edited by Rocket Man FI, 06 September 2016 - 02:16 PM.

Voted for yes,

But it will be very shameful if they left dyom.Seems like they are busy with their own lives

Springfield
  • Springfield

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:49 PM Edited by Husnain123, 06 September 2016 - 05:50 PM.

No i mean not much busy, that even they can't reply our messages. No one busy like that soo much in life, that they're ignoring us or leaving us in that time, when we need them. If they're busy and can't make a new version for dyom, then why don't they give a chance to someone else, who have much coding skills like them. 

Two things only;

1) They can't make another version, because they're soo busy.

or  

2) They forget that how to coding, because of not looking the coding structure for 2 years.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Daily Globe
  • Serbia
  • Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:29 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 06 September 2016 - 11:31 PM.

Just wanted to point out about part ''DYOM hasn't been voted the best mod for a while now''.

It's not that. DYOM would most likely win an award every year except if you can vote for it whatsoever. It doesn't even make up for the voting. It's just if a new DYOM version is released in 2016, you will nominate & vote for it in GTAF awards 2016. But if you nominate it for GTAF awards 2017, it wouldn't even make up on the poll because it was released in 2016. DYOM V8 won on 2013 awards since the first release of V8 was in late 2013 (a beta version) so V8 was counted as a 2013 release. And as we already know, there hasn't been any new DYOM version since then so no awards.

Anyway, DYOM has won plenty of awards by now. Failure to win more awards is probably not a reason for a situation like this now.

Correct me if i'm wrong about all this.

Alan Eastwood
  • Alan Eastwood

Hazardous Environments

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:00 AM Edited by Alan Eastwood, 07 September 2016 - 02:01 AM.

Like I said before, there's nothing we can do without their consent.

I don't think that because DYOM hasn't won any awards lately is a reason to give up on the community, is an absurd reason. We just need some answers from Dutchy or Patrick about what's the future of DYOM. It may sound a little dramatic but DYOM was part of my childhood and I don't want to have bad memories but that's that.

We need news.

• Light Syde Riandy and Absar J Khan like this

skatefilter5
  • skatefilter5

It's all about things to do in any games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

is it possbile to make for 2-players options teleport second player and change skins mission for dyom

I have it remaked.

Flusak1235
  • Flusak1235

extra large soda

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:57 PM

totally!

the skin,weapon and vechicle menus can be made easier to stearch

like, putting a full menu instead of browsing ID´s

lekon
  • lekon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:04 PM

Please make character switch mod so we can play as cj, tommy and all other character in GTA underground

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:33 PM

This is not a request thread. Stick to the topic and keep the irrelevant and silly requests out of this.

Aviral sharma
  • Aviral sharma

lol!!! it's easy, lets play Samp

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 September 2016 - 08:51 AM

I would really like to see GTA 5 map changed with San.other cities map be remain same.that's my views...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users