Quantcast

» «
Photo

Realistically, how large should the VI map be?

223 replies to this topic

Poll: How large should VI's map be realistically? (311 member(s) have cast votes)

How large should VI's map be realistically?

1. Same as V (45 votes [14.47%])

Percentage of vote: 14.47%

2. Vx2 (115 votes [36.98%])

Percentage of vote: 36.98%

3. Vx3 (43 votes [13.83%])

Percentage of vote: 13.83%

4. Vx4 (23 votes [7.40%])

Percentage of vote: 7.40%

5. Vx5 (23 votes [7.40%])

Percentage of vote: 7.40%

6. Vx6 (4 votes [1.29%])

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

7. Vx7 (2 votes [0.64%])

Percentage of vote: 0.64%

8. Vx8 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. Vx9 (2 votes [0.64%])

Percentage of vote: 0.64%

10. Vx10 or Larger (54 votes [17.36%])

Percentage of vote: 17.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:01 PM

I predict most people will hate it then. A city full of highways? Heck no, i want buildings! Ambients that feel like a city! Not a city full of highways. Most people would certainly agree with me.

Sea-based stuff is not lacking. Nuclear waste, submarine parts, jetski races, collectables on water, missions that involve swimming/riding jetskis... See all that and try to say they are lacking.

Reusing assets? Oh sure, not like we have already had enough of the Ammu-Nations and clothing and convenience stores that look nearly identical to one other...

Ask most of GTA players and receive the response that they hate plane/helicopter controls. They are awkward, cranky, clumsy, rigid, slow... If it is the remote-controlled ones, even worse. Man, not gonna work. Repeat, not gonna work.

What is with people and big maps/big graphics today? See Assassin's Creed II, per example. The maps on the cities are not big. The graphics are not that good. But it is a very action-packed and fun game. That is what I want in a game, not a place where you have to depend on stupid planes to go everywhere.

Veredict: I don't care if the map has the size of a peanut, manage to make it fun and actionpacked and I'll gladly play it, or otherwise watch a gameplay. Not a big and boring map.

No, I didn't say the highways would fill the cities, but the void between them. With GTA5 it gets a bit boring after some time to just drive one highway around the island.

Well, I never really enjoyed collecting stuff. What are we left with now? Some races... Wouldn't call that state-of-the-art water-based gameplay.

Well, I for one would rather see plentitude of shops with shared assets, but varying layouts than only a handful. What I mean is, if they make assets for one place, why not reuse them on other similar places?

The flying controls... The elephant on the table. They really need to develop something better. It is entirely possible to make flying fun and not over complicated.
  • Mister Pink likes this

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

Snazzy and shiny that's how I roll

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:33 PM

I predict most people will hate it then. A city full of highways? Heck no, i want buildings! Ambients that feel like a city! Not a city full of highways. Most people would certainly agree with me.Sea-based stuff is not lacking. Nuclear waste, submarine parts, jetski races, collectables on water, missions that involve swimming/riding jetskis... See all that and try to say they are lacking.Reusing assets? Oh sure, not like we have already had enough of the Ammu-Nations and clothing and convenience stores that look nearly identical to one other...Ask most of GTA players and receive the response that they hate plane/helicopter controls. They are awkward, cranky, clumsy, rigid, slow... If it is the remote-controlled ones, even worse. Man, not gonna work. Repeat, not gonna work.What is with people and big maps/big graphics today? See Assassin's Creed II, per example. The maps on the cities are not big. The graphics are not that good. But it is a very action-packed and fun game. That is what I want in a game, not a place where you have to depend on stupid planes to go everywhere.Veredict: I don't care if the map has the size of a peanut, manage to make it fun and actionpacked and I'll gladly play it, or otherwise watch a gameplay. Not a big and boring map.

No, I didn't say the highways would fill the cities, but the void between them. With GTA5 it gets a bit boring after some time to just drive one highway around the island.Well, I never really enjoyed collecting stuff. What are we left with now? Some races... Wouldn't call that state-of-the-art water-based gameplay.Well, I for one would rather see plentitude of shops with shared assets, but varying layouts than only a handful. What I mean is, if they make assets for one place, why not reuse them on other similar places?The flying controls... The elephant on the table. They really need to develop something better. It is entirely possible to make flying fun and not over complicated.

Ever heard of the trope Boring But Practical? Check it out on TV Tropes. I would rather have that than a Awesome But Impractical stuff.

Some races? Oh sure, not like we had the collectibles and the missions... just because you like/dislike a thing, that thing won't necessarily change, so I bet there will be onwater collectibles. Also, I would gladly give up going underwater for more useful stuff, as, let's say, not dying when falling on water. That was very useful when you was in a stupid helicopter and it malfunctioned close to sea in GTA IV, where you could land on the water.

Reusing assets becomes boring. Go around your town and check out the 24/7 stores, per example. Say if they are all the same. I want stuff to feel different. Like a city.

I want realism, and I am willing to give up big maps if it has that. (also, i would gladly go back to the times where there were close to no planes)

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:34 PM

Big map, two cities. Plenty of interiors and details. I don't think that details and interiors need to be sacrificed to facilitate a big map. Also with project Scorpio releasing, I think it's possible.  Two cities, both the size of LS/IV or just slightly smaller. I would like to see more interiors.  The city size of Los Santos in V or Liberty in IV is big enough for me. I really don't need a city bigger than them. If the cities stayed that size but got more and more interiors over time, I'd be very happy. 

• Efreet likes this

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

Big map, two cities. Plenty of interiors and details. I don't think that details and interiors need to be sacrificed to facilitate a big map. Also with project Scorpio releasing, I think it's possible.  Two cities, both the size of LS/IV or just slightly smaller. I would like to see more interiors.  The city size of Los Santos in V or Liberty in IV is big enough for me. I really don't need a city bigger than them. If the cities stayed that size but got more and more interiors over time, I'd be very happy.

This. I so desperately want to enter various places (hospitals like they did on IV but strangely cutted off in V, Maze Bank Tower, Agency morgue post-mission, Rockford Plaza, LifeInvader post-mission) and I can't because they sacrifice quality for quantity.
  • Mister Pink likes this

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

ICE

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:59 AM

It should be at least 5 times bigger than gta v . 

* 3 major cities ; each one of should be as the same size of the whole gta 5 map . 

* 10 towns , bunch of villages ,  settlements , farms , caravan parks , military areas , abondoned buildings , etc.. as the same size of the gta 5 map in total . 

* Wilderness ; snowy mountains , forests , swamps , canyons , caves , deserts , rivers , lakes , beaches , ocean , etc depending on which place they choose and as big as the gta 5 map in total . 

* Also it should contain 5* bigger parts under the surface compare to the gta 5 ; sewer system , subway line and stops , subway lines under construction , shelters with full of supplies , etc ..

* The climate , weather , flora , people's clothing , vehicles , etc should change on the different parts on the map . Also we should see the all 4 seasons circlings in time . We should'nt have to wait until the Christmas to see the snowy weather . 

The important things on the map are ; 

* Enterable locations / buildings ; We should able to enter the interiors of lots of buildings . Both In the story mode and online mode , except the missions too of course . I mean really lots of ...

* There has to be famous locations / buildings on the map for landscape and amusement depending on the cities like Disneyland , Willis Tower , White House , Pentagon , Empire State building , etc.

* Secret places ; We should able to discover secret sections , alleys , underground clubs , sects , gambling spots , places with full of homeless people , etc which we can't see on the map . 

* Transportation ; We should able to use public transportation vehicles like ; bus , train , subway , street car , ferry , boat , airplane , etc . And we should able to hitchike and get a hitchiker to our car .

* There has to be lots of buildings under construction on the map . They should finish and open in time . Also we should give damage/destroy the buildings and able to see some workers repair them.

This sounds amazing. Now just add fully and realistically destructible environments and I'll be in GTA heaven.

And a minimum of 100 missions. 

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:15 AM

I'm not really a fan of big maps so I'd just like to see 1 large city like IV.

Tengerecki
  • Tengerecki

Rat

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:43 AM Edited by Tengerecki, 27 April 2017 - 05:44 AM.

I want a huge city this time, with much more details than V. I want to get lost in the city actually. And let Tommy Verce...I mean the future protagonist of GTA 6 be able to swim! Oh and don't forget to include a beautiful under-sea experience like in V. Don't leave that out.

• Roger Cheeto likes this

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

I want a huge city this time, with much more details than V. I want to get lost in the city actually. And let Tommy Verce...I mean the future protagonist of GTA 6 be able to swim! Oh and don't forget to include a beautiful under-sea experience like in V. Don't leave that out.

I would like to see submarine base and some army submarines with interiors

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:18 PM

It should be at least 5 times bigger than gta v . 

* 3 major cities ; each one of should be as the same size of the whole gta 5 map . 

* 10 towns , bunch of villages ,  settlements , farms , caravan parks , military areas , abondoned buildings , etc.. as the same size of the gta 5 map in total . 

* Wilderness ; snowy mountains , forests , swamps , canyons , caves , deserts , rivers , lakes , beaches , ocean , etc depending on which place they choose and as big as the gta 5 map in total . 

* Also it should contain 5* bigger parts under the surface compare to the gta 5 ; sewer system , subway line and stops , subway lines under construction , shelters with full of supplies , etc ..

* The climate , weather , flora , people's clothing , vehicles , etc should change on the different parts on the map . Also we should see the all 4 seasons circlings in time . We should'nt have to wait until the Christmas to see the snowy weather . 

The important things on the map are ; 

* Enterable locations / buildings ; We should able to enter the interiors of lots of buildings . Both In the story mode and online mode , except the missions too of course . I mean really lots of ...

* There has to be famous locations / buildings on the map for landscape and amusement depending on the cities like Disneyland , Willis Tower , White House , Pentagon , Empire State building , etc.

* Secret places ; We should able to discover secret sections , alleys , underground clubs , sects , gambling spots , places with full of homeless people , etc which we can't see on the map . 

* Transportation ; We should able to use public transportation vehicles like ; bus , train , subway , street car , ferry , boat , airplane , etc . And we should able to hitchike and get a hitchiker to our car .

* There has to be lots of buildings under construction on the map . They should finish and open in time . Also we should give damage/destroy the buildings and able to see some workers repair them.

This sounds amazing. Now just add fully and realistically destructible environments and I'll be in GTA heaven.

And a minimum of 100 missions.

*cough cough* Guess I'll be up for some more explanation as how extremely big maps wouldn't quite work out. Though I have to agree with some points.
- First of all, 3 cities, each with exactly the same size as GTA V, would be hard to program, knowing they need to add lots and lots and lots of streets, pedestrians, buidlings, etcetera
- Yeah, lots of ambients would be nice. Make them detailed and varied enough. And you have it.
- Have to disagree on the wilderness part though; Blaine County was the part I most hated playing in, Palomino Highlands and stuff like that included. Especially if they decide to add that gosh-danging mountain lions though. Ughhh.
- If those subways and sewers aren't boring to walk on and generic just like the wilderness/given a abnormal amount of focus, I may just accept it.
- Yeah, I agree. It would add to realism have even those minor stuff change.
- Oh god, yes. Enterable interiors. But here comes my main rant: If the map is gonna be big and take some chokes processing, they will be forced to either use the same interiors over and over again, or cut down a lot of interiors. That is why I greatly dislike the idea of a savagely bigger map. 2x is enough for everybody to enjoy. 5x is just asking too much.
- Uhh... You know that just about everything is source of lawsuits today, right? They could be in trouble if they decide to use real places. Though minor reshapes such as the Statue of Happiness (Statue of Liberty) in IV is fine.
- I disagree. It would be very annoying to run everywhere looking for a place where I wanna go because it is unmarked. Makes me angry.
- I believe the transportation stuff is already mostly fone in current GTA games, but hitchhiking would be nice. I hate driving, this is why i have my LA Noire companions always drive for me in that game.
- I personally would like permanently destructable buildings because it is quite annoying to have your great demolishing all fixed up, but hey, nice idea.
- This ^
- Oh yes, I like missions. But exclude weird stuff such as Logging On, Boiler Suits, Masks and all that stuff.

KertFaceMan
  • KertFaceMan

i am born in the olympics.

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:26 AM

I keep seeing people say "OH I WANT V X10 AND FULLY DESTRUCTIBLE AND AMBIENCE AND PEDS ALL AROUND AND INTERIORS FOR EVERY BUILDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!"
it's like saying "I want 300 trillion dollars" it's impossible to do something like that with our current hardware, I would rather have GTA SA or GTA IV-ish map, small but alive. I also want more "abandoned" places where you see freaky sh*t like the abandoned mineshaft in V

• LincolnClay likes this

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

ICE

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:57 PM Edited by DoomsdayFAN, 30 April 2017 - 12:57 PM.

Would something like this realistically be possible?

jlX99vm.jpg

I keep seeing people say "OH I WANT V X10 AND FULLY DESTRUCTIBLE AND AMBIENCE AND PEDS ALL AROUND AND INTERIORS FOR EVERY BUILDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!"
it's like saying "I want 300 trillion dollars" it's impossible to do something like that with our current hardware, I would rather have GTA SA or GTA IV-ish map, small but alive. I also want more "abandoned" places where you see freaky sh*t like the abandoned mineshaft in V

Of course we'll never get a "real life" simulator, but considering GTA 6 will most likely debut on the PS5, I don't see what the big deal is as far as coming close to those goals. Should be doable, not to that degree, but definitely significantly superior to what was in GTA V. I mean, we're talking a PS3 to PS5 jump in technology between games. We should notice vast improvements for sure. 

KertFaceMan
  • KertFaceMan

i am born in the olympics.

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

Would something like this realistically be possible?

-snip-

Of course we'll never get a "real life" simulator, but considering GTA 6 will most likely debut on the PS5, I don't see what the big deal is as far as coming close to those goals. Should be doable, not to that degree, but definitely significantly superior to what was in GTA V. I mean, we're talking a PS3 to PS5 jump in technology between games. We should notice vast improvements for sure. 

for one - it should be possible if scaled very very much down, i don't like the map though as most of it is wilderness

two - yes, i agree. but we have to think about the game itself too, R* will have to make it super alive. 

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

V was plenty big enough, there just wasn't enough atmosphere, they need more details, peds, cars etc etc.  At time's I remember I'm just in a game, there's no immersive feeling I don't think.

• Payne Killer and LincolnClay like this

Dwnld
  • Dwnld

Titles are useless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

The size is fine, it's the content that matters.

• Nelly2K likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users