Grand Theft Auto Vice City Complaints Topic

50 replies to this topic
LaBombaRomba
  • LaBombaRomba

Straya. "Fear denies faith", ⌐■_■

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:17 AM

Something about Tommy's run is just...annoying? 

Lol that's SO true, same with III imo. I also hate the handling, how the guns feel and the car sound effects, still a great game though.

(the last time i played it was on PC which was a couple of months ago, so take that into account when reading this)

• RetroMystic likes this

Nico
  • Nico

Doctor doctor, what is wrong with me?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:13 PM Edited by Nico, 29 September 2016 - 02:10 AM.

I don't like how messed up the PC version is. Also the map felt very small compared to the previous game.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:30 AM

I wonder how nobody talks about Tommy's unrealisting running and sprinting speed :D

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:36 AM

There is nothing wrong with Vice City at all, you're all wrong. (Is my fan boyism showing :monocle: )

I think it you really look at Vice City there are a number of things I could pick out but to me those are what make the game what it is today. That being said the very first thing that popped into my mind when I read the title of this topic was falling. You can take a chopper as high as it can go or jump off the tallest building and it will only take like 70% of your health, it's just one of those things that never made sense to me why they did it like that.

gluserty
  • gluserty

GTA enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:41 AM Edited by gluserty, 02 October 2016 - 07:44 AM.

I definitely agree with the instability of the guns in free aim, which is why I rarely use the guns in free aim. The shooting is still much improved from GTA III though (can't stand that red box that represents the aiming reticle in that game).

Not being able to swim bothers me the most by far; I think it really wastes the beach area.

No, I don't really enjoy the missions "Dirty Lickin's" (I'm aces if I RPG the Cubans with the Katanas, but I still feel like I'm always lucky to complete the mission, and that the whole mission is a bit tedious) or "The Driver" either (if Hilary at least drove to the area by the bank, even via cutscene, I'd feel there was more purpose to the mission, other than for Hilary to be around just to get shot later).

luishernandez
  • luishernandez

nv have title

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:57 AM

■ not being able to rotate the camera in a vehicle
■ not being able to swim, i wasted countless hours re-obtaining hidden packages or re-doing other stuff becaus of tommy getting wasted
■ cars flip very easily in stunts. i literally spent days trying to make a vlack car without cheats and trying to get it back to hyman condo, but it would always get destroyed when landing on the bridge or flip over
■ when jumping in front of a car tommy gets thrown on the ground for a few seconds, chance of getting busted is high
■ ridiculous overpowered police at 1 star, they are the most annoying in vc out of all the gta games especially on bikes
■ the freeway, it handles like cancer
■ getting run over by a cop and seeing your health slowly decrease and die
■ ultracops, never happened to me in san andreas, only happened twice for me in gta 3 but it happened atleast 10 times in vc
■ lance standing close to exploding cars
■ lack of free aim with minigun
■ shooting a driver in hotring but the body vanishes without leaving the door open

----------------------
  • ----------------------

Man With No Name

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:32 PM Edited by ----------------------, 03 October 2016 - 07:37 PM.

The cops are the biggest issue for me. Like holy sh*t, they're bad. It's strange - back in like 2002/3, I didn't really notice it, like sure, I found them to be irradiating, but now it's so glaring. They come at you in such force, bash into to your car and destroy it like crazy, and the worst, spawn in those cops who throw the spike strip every few seconds, and most of the time, it's not even on roads when they deploy it.

Great game, but the cops are insanly grating. One of the things they improved upon in San Andreas, that's for sure.

• CarlsonRe likes this

Talon Logistics
  • Talon Logistics

Frank Bator III

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:23 AM

I am upset that VC on PC and mobile was ripped to shreds and changed. From music being removed to becoming "Haitian friendly" GTA is GTA. Violence and dirty, raunchy, vile language. I miss the original on ps2 with all of its great music and racial slurs*.

I understand losing music to license issues, but changing the plot of the game over some offended people kinda sucks. If you're offended, don't play it.

I have only been playing it on my iPad mini since the original ps2 version. These 10th anniversary releases are good for what they are, but just definitely aren't meant to run on these mobile devices. My VC on iPad has no paramedics to rescue pedestrians, horrible loading and frame rate. I have played it on Android and iPhone also. It is a good game like it once was, just softened up. I feel like I am playing a pirated bootleg version sometimes with missing features.

*= I am not racist or promote racism. Vice city was just a good game with its original released plot.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

F*CK ALL YA BUSTAS -Tupac Shakur (Crica 1994)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:24 PM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 05 October 2016 - 05:27 PM.

I am upset that VC on PC and mobile was ripped to shreds and changed. From music being removed to becoming "Haitian friendly" GTA is GTA. Violence and dirty, raunchy, vile language. I miss the original on ps2 with all of its great music and racial slurs*.

I understand losing music to license issues, but changing the plot of the game over some offended people kinda sucks. If you're offended, don't play it.

I have only been playing it on my iPad mini since the original ps2 version. These 10th anniversary releases are good for what they are, but just definitely aren't meant to run on these mobile devices. My VC on iPad has no paramedics to rescue pedestrians, horrible loading and frame rate. I have played it on Android and iPhone also. It is a good game like it once was, just softened up. I feel like I am playing a pirated bootleg version sometimes with missing features.

*= I am not racist or promote racism. Vice city was just a good game with its original released plot.

I get what your saying. It still irritates me small features such as medics not spawning revivng pedestrains. Believe it or not R* actually removed this feature for the mobile ports :/ It's been like this since it came out for mobile devices. Same with SA. I own the Ps2 and Xbox versions of both games, so i play these most of the time.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:32 PM

I can only agree.  The original PS2 Version was and always will be the best.  Updated Textures and Draw Distance will never draw me into another Platform of the game.  I play on PS2 and Mobile (iOS) and nothing comes close to the PS2 Version in terms of originality and uniqueness.  All the PS2 Versions for III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS are the best for me.  I wouldn't want to play them any other way, basically.  I only have the Mobile Ports because why not?  They are cheap and still easy for me to play.  However, definitely NOT my preferred way of playing...

Talon Logistics
  • Talon Logistics

Frank Bator III

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:50 PM Edited by Talon Logistics, 05 October 2016 - 10:54 PM.

Yup, I have the mobile versions because it's something to do when bored.

Like I said it just feels like I am playing bootlegged versions of GTA with missing features and music, etc. :'(

So it isn't really a complaint to Vice City itself, its just more about its mobile port.

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:33 PM Edited by j7n, 29 October 2016 - 12:18 PM.

- Cars and gang members appear and disappear very close to the player (closer than in SA). I can spin around and be ambushed by gang members where there were none before, or lose approaching cars that I planned to jack.

- No mouselook while in car, and no mouselook to aim the fire hose.

- Impossible to assign separate controls for airplane & helicopter, requiring that I reset them when I switch between vehicle types. I can't rewire them in my head, and I intuitively expect that same key that pushes a skimmer "up", will also do so for a chopper instead of moving it "forward".

- Annoying issue regarding reverse look (also present in GTA III). Set look left & look right to be Mouse button 3 (middle) and Mouse button 2 (right), hold both to achieve reverse look in car, now press Enter to exit the car. If that car has an associated Submission, it will be toggled. I start Vigilante quite often, and just cancelled it unintentionally while at a high level. Looks on mouse is as close as we can get to a mouselook. San Andreas has a similar issue with the Tab key (statistics): with some key combo the character will start shooting if Tab is pressed.

- Gang members inside my property at Kaufman Cabs, the public, police officers and security guards walking inside the Vercetti Estate by the water.

- Pointless shootouts between Streetwannabes and Patrol Invest Group in Vice Point mall.

- Requirement to work for opposing forces during the storyline, such as when I go to the Cuban cafe, and they say I need to work for the Haitans instead, which makes no sense.

- Crackly voice recordings in adpcm format, including that of the main character.

- Semi-transparent objects allow to see through the wrong object behind it, for example the blue sky instead of other trees behind it (happens in all 3D era GTA's).

- Orientation of the player after going through Roof Access of the downtown safehouse. The player is facing it and will pass through it again if he keeps moving forward.

- Tommy does a side jump when in front of a vehicle when I execute a regular jump, usually while running away and bunny hopping for speed, takes time to get up from the ground and may get busted. The car might not have hit him because of buildings or trees.

- Unbelievably tough fake Police Maverick helicopters.

- Extremely slow speed of traffic cars (I understand that the speed should be somewhat slower due to compressed size of the world map).

- No Del aiming with the Minigun. The animation of raising the gun gets played every time I shoot. Also gets in the way with the Revolver, which must be fired in bursts too.

Overall, I still love this game, the color palette, the modern proportions of cars, and the music. Several aspects I find superior over San Andreas.

Some elements are just challenging: the cops with spike strips, or the handling, traction loss and falling off bikes, and recoil of heavy guns. I can't complain about them.
  • CarlsonRe likes this

grosso2626
  • grosso2626

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2016 - 03:07 AM

1. Firefighter missions. No time bonuses given for fires put out and if even one person on fire dies you fail. 

2. Driving toward a unique jump and a car is blocking your path so you have to go back and try it again. 

3. The cops are so annoying. It's too easy to get a wanted level in this game. Got in the car outside the ocean view hotel once assuming it was mine and got busted. 

4. Being able to come off tall buildings with a perfect landing on bikes, but if you bump into a pole you fly off the thing. 

5. The annoying guys on mopeds during the "Gun Runner" mission. 

Love this game though. 

• CarlsonRe likes this

luishernandez
  • luishernandez

nv have title

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:00 AM

more of a problem of all 3d gta's, but the cutscene voices are 100x better than the ingame voices
  • j7n likes this

CarlsonRe
  • CarlsonRe

''It's no problem to kill you.''

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:47 AM

This is one of my favourite games, and also I have many complaints such as the cops, but the most bugging one is;

The police maverick (On a police chase)

They're so tough, I wasted half a clip of my M60, or 1 and a half of my minigun clip to take them down (or it was half).

But when I drive them, I once used it for Cop Land to avoid chases, and somehow the FBI exited their cars, started shooting me and I see f*ckin' smoke particles as if it's gonna blow up. It was on mobile by the way. If they maybe added as when you are a cop in VCMP, to have tougher cars.

Also, the lack of activity, well half of the time. For example, SA and III have a bit more extra stuff such as the car crusher, or the ''special'' rampages, but in VC it contains the core of the activities, I know I can't complain a lot, but also you don't have a garage at the start. But it doesn't REALLY matter. Atleast it's got the bat, and is the first game to have assets, and you can buy houses, and more. Also, I feel like I learned the VC map TOO quick, I mean I remember every (square :D) nanometer, when in GTA 3 I barely remember it. Now it's maybe since In III you don't have a map, but it does have many roads and a bit detailed map. I mean, I like VC but 3's feels a bit more detailed. Fun fact; I even feel like textures there have a higher resolution since look at GTA VC's hospital, and III's hospital. You see? It's a bit more low res, blurry in VC, but in III it's a bit detailed, even the glass feels a little appealing.

Still, I like Vice City.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:29 PM

I have the PC version but I also run the ps2 version emulated on my pc. I own 2 PS2's my son still uses them regular he plays  San Andreas more than anything.

I just made iso's  of my ps2 GTA games then ripped my bios code from one of my machines. It works well for the most part, u get  one or two areas where the framerate drops a bit but other wise

its good fun. I agree the PS2 version is better than PC. I think the XBOX version is the only one to have wheels with hubcaps?

Balls_mahoney
  • Balls_mahoney

Livin' life slow in Paleto Bay

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

The only 2 complaints I have are not being able to rotate the camera when you are driving and the fact that you can't swim. Other than that I think this game was about as perfect as you can get.

• gluserty likes this

gluserty
  • gluserty

GTA enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:02 PM

Yep, the no swimming is a downer (the one bad carryover from III), but I can live with everything else.

• Balls_mahoney likes this

Blaze
  • Blaze

***SUICIDE ALPS FOREVER***

• The Yardies
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands
  • Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:57 AM

literally nothing this game is perfect

• Skayz likes this

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:05 AM Edited by Penguin Bob, 05 November 2017 - 07:07 AM.

I really do love Vice City, but there are some things that can piss me off on that game. On the PC/Console version, the UZI was OP. On the mobile version, it's sh*t. Tommy will automatically stop shooting whenever he kills someone with it. This rarely happens with other weapons but with the U-ZI, it happens so commonly. Another thing is the Katana rampages. The katana rampages are a pain in the a*s, especially on mobile version. Most of the gang members have guns and they will kill you instantly. You can't do nothing about it because you keep getting punched down and getting f*cked by them. Another thing is the gang members. They are not a pain in the a*s like the Ballas in San Andreas but it still pisses me off.I will think of more in the future. Thought of a another thing. Once you are in a scope, the aim goes berserk. When i shoot, it goes the COMPLETELY other way.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:21 PM Edited by Evil empire, 06 November 2017 - 07:26 PM.

-You can't severe your enemies arms and legs like in GTA 3

-The gang territories globally lack of gangster and fighting against them is much less funny than in 3 and San Andreas

-Tommy falls too oftenly when driving a bike compared to San Andreas

-The funny things to do once you completed the game should be more numerous

-The taxi job is boring because of the long distances you oftenly have to do and the lack of speed compared to the sport vehicles.

-Unless using the gang respect mod the drive-by rampages are a pain in the arse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users