Grand Theft Auto Vice City Complaints Topic

50 replies to this topic
Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:30 PM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 15 August 2016 - 08:00 PM.

NOTE: Although not a dedicated fan of the game, I love Vice City to a certain extent, and this topic is in no way meant to insinuate that I hate it, so please, lay off your accusations until after you've read what this topic is about. Thank you!

As great as Vice City is, there are some things that more than probably bother us. It is individual for everyone, meaning what buggers one person another person will not have a problem with.

This topic was created to vent your anger, frustration, outrage etc on whatever elements of the game, both storyline and gameplay related, that bugger you most during your gameplay. On that note, I will begin.

=====================================================================================================

What infuriates me:

- Unstable manual aimed weapons. This especially concerns the Ruger and M4. As soon as I begin to shoot, the reticule goes awry, and I end up missing the targets with most of the shots. This becomes even more problematic during "Phnom Penh '86" and "Supply and Demand", where you are on the move. Even the no less unstable M16 from GTA III is easier to wield.
- Katana Rampages. Those are mostly luck-based, as it depends on how numerous will be the groups and how many of those gang members will wield pistols.
- Soldiers. They are over-protective of their base, and you can end up being ripped to shreds just because you are driving on that road past the base, not even thinking of going inside the base.
- Minigun. Supreme firepower, rate of fire and ammo capacity, yet difficult to handle due to the absence of an aiming reticule.
- Landstalker. Piece of sh*t for a vehicle.
- Scarcity of vehicles required for Sunshine Autos garage. It can take days to finally find them. But as soon as you fetch one, you notice it being driven by almost every driver you encounter.
- Firefighter. What buggers me is how people on fire spread out after getting out of the cars. Sometimes it can take up most of your time to chase them all down.
- Hotring. Tommy's opponents can't drive for sh*t!

P.S. Most, if not all, of the above hate rant concerns the PS2 version of the game.
  • PhillBellic, MorsPrincipiumEst, SmokesWithCigs and 2 others like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:56 PM

It really seems to depend on what Version you play.  For instance, those free aim weapons with the reticule moving on PS2?  Doesn't happen on PC (seems to always be the easiest Platform to play on).

By Gatling Gun do you mean Minigun or M60?  For the Minigun, again, something on PC you have the reticule and can not only aim using it, you can also aim vertically into the air or at the ground, something you physically can't do on PS2 once again.

You think Fire Truck Level 12 is bad on PS2?  Try it on Mobile.  There is a bug where the idiots on fire CAN'T be knocked down, thus they run down random streets, into buildings where you physically can't even get them with the hose, etc.  It's literally horrendous on Mobile (See?  Depending which Platform makes all the difference.)  How did I pass it?  Luck - On Level 12, about 10 people on fire ran into the Ocean, which automatically put the fire out, thus I didn't have to spray them with the hose.  On PS2, though, since they fall down, I find it a simple Mission since the moment they get out of the Vehicle, you can knock them down and they all stay in one place and can put the fire out.  f*ck the sh*t Mobile Port...

Yeah, Hotring Side Mission is very irritating and it goes for all Versions.  They ram into you most times, which results in your doing a 360-540 degree spin and f*ck you over which a lot of times results in reloading and trying again.

Like you said, though, LUCK BASED sh*t sucks.  It always will...

• Arsen Vitiuk likes this

luishernandez
  • luishernandez

nv have title

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:40 PM Edited by luishernandez, 15 August 2016 - 08:41 PM.

i dislik how helicopters work in vice city i like them more in san andreas. i did the 100 packages 34 rampages paramedic and some stunts in a row and after vigilante i had to jump out of the hunter because it was burning (i got stuck next to building) and it ran me over and i died..

i also dislike the handling of the vehicles lololololol they were better in 3 i think

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:49 PM

I hate how badly they handled PC version. Less talkative peds, some objects weren't redone for enabled backface culling and so on.

also the thread name is radical, change it something like: Things you disliked about VC.

• PhillBellic and The Deadite like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:55 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 15 August 2016 - 08:59 PM.

i also dislike the handling of the vehicles

I don't mind them on PS2 as they stick to the road like they should, but on Mobile, they feel SO heavy and slide so much as if they were going for GTA IV's Physics.  I remember in my current Mobile Save I finished the other day that when I was doing The Driver, it was raining and that Sentinel you are given literally slid SO much it wasn't even funny.  Hit the brakes and slide about 10 feet before finally turning.  I find the Mobile Version hands down the absolute worst of them all and that goes for ALL the GTA's, too.  Everything ported to Mobile (III, VC, SA, LCS) is so much worse comparing them to PS2.  You can feel the differences if you play 2 or more Platforms.  As for CW, I can tolerate it on Mobile, but that's probably because I never played DS or PSP.  Perhaps if I did, I'd think the CW Port for Mobile isn't very good, either.  But yeah, it's the only Mobile Port I can't complain about in terms of gameplay.  VC's Mobile Port is by far my least favorite out of the lot.

EDIT: I also want to add to the Topic that on Mobile, PC, and Xbox, you can rotate Tommy 360 degrees on foot and inside a Vehicle, yet on PS2, you can't.  Only way to look around in a Vehicle on PS2 is by holding R2 and L2 to look behind you or L2 to look left or R2 to look right, in a drive-by.  There is no rotating camera.  On foot, you need to come to a complete stop and then use the right Analog Stick to look left/right and when you do this, Tommy goes into first person.  This same rotating camera issue is also present in GTA III for PS2, yet for Mobile, PC, and Xbox it's fixed.  There is so really irritating issues on PS2 and it's why I find it always harder than the other Platforms.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:10 PM Edited by Tomasak, 15 August 2016 - 09:11 PM.

i also dislike the handling of the vehicles

I don't mind them on PS2 as they stick to the road like they should, but on Mobile, they feel SO heavy and slide so much as if they were going for GTA IV's Physics.

According to game data only bf injection and bikes has changed some data so only they should behave differently.

Everything ported to Mobile (III, VC, SA, LCS) is so much worse comparing them to PS2.  You can feel the differences if you play 2 or more Platforms. 

This is what happens when u do bad port to PC version and then hand the PC version to small studio, and not give them enough time.

EDIT: I also want to add to the Topic that on Mobile, PC, and Xbox, you can rotate Tommy 360 degrees on foot and inside a Vehicle, yet on PS2, you can't.  Only way to look around in a Vehicle on PS2 is by holding R2 and L2 to look behind you or L2 to look left or R2 to look right, in a drive-by.  There is no rotating camera.  On foot, you need to come to a complete stop and then use the right Analog Stick to look left/right and when you do this, Tommy goes into first person.  This same rotating camera issue is also present in GTA III for PS2, yet for Mobile, PC, and Xbox it's fixed.  There is so really irritating issues on PS2 and it's why I find it always harder than the other Platforms.

Untrue, only on mobile camera can be rotated, xbox has same controls as PS2 (except for the button binding), pc has same camera in vehicles, on foot camera cannot be rotated at all and is fixed at Tommy's back.

• PhillBellic and The Deadite like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, Bikes are the absolute worst in VC for Mobile.  You hit the E-Brake and slide sideways for like 5 seconds before FINALLY turning it on the road you wanted.  I hate that and it makes Bikes practically undrivable because of how they handle.  The only plus side is that if you crash, you don't really fall off as much, but lose a bit of armor.  I'd rather falling off easily than sliding past my turn, though.

Also, PC.  I am sure of it.  So yeah, maybe not Xbox, but definitely PC and Mobile can do the swivel of the camera.  I still wish that was on PS2, which is my dominant Platform of choice.  It's irritating when you have a one star wanted level and a Cop sneaks up on you and busts you when getting into a Vehicle due to you don't have the ability to look around you with that swiveling camera...

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:21 PM

Ye the bikes have higher traction loss on mobile. The bf injection property was changed from bike to unknown (as it's not written in handling documentation.)

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:28 PM

- Unstable manual aimed weapons. This especially concerns the Ruger and M4. As soon as I begin to shoot, the reticule goes awry, and I end up missing the targets with most of the shots. This becomes even more problematic during "Phnom Penh '86" and "Supply and Demand", where you are on the move. Even the no less unstable M16 from GTA III is easier to wield.

- Katana Rampages. Those are mostly luck-based, as it depends on how numerous will be the groups and how many of those gang members will wield pistols.

- Soldiers. They are over-protective of their base, and you can end up being ripped to shreds just because you are driving on that road past the base, not even thinking of going inside the base.

- Minigun. Supreme firepower, rate of fire and ammo capacity, yet difficult to handle due to the absence of an aiming reticule.

- Landstalker. Piece of sh*t for a vehicle.

- Scarcity of vehicles required for Sunshine Autos garage. It can take days to finally find them. But as soon as you fetch one, you notice it being driven by almost every driver you encounter.

- Firefighter. What buggers me is how people on fire spread out after getting out of the cars. Sometimes it can take up most of your time to chase them all down.

- Hotring. Tommy's opponents can't drive for sh*t!

It's called recoil although it's particularly egregious in III and Vice City and almost nonexistent in San Andreas. Either Claude\Tommy are too weak to hold a gun properly or they are lousy shooters.

Those shouldn't be too hard if you're full on armor and health (150 units preferably). Jump around and don't let them gang up on you.

Do they shoot at you if you move around on foot? It shouldn't be too hard to collect the hidden package there. Getting the Hunter early on is another story. I think they don't attack you if you don't wear the cop clothes and arrive in a police helicopter but then you have only a few seconds to fly out in the Hunter. It's best to approach the base from the north side.

Yeah. That one sucks but I personally prefer the M16. I never keep a minigun in that weapon slot.

It handles better than the III counterpart. It's not that bad.

Might be a memory issue with the PS2. I collected them both on Xbox and PC and it only took a few hours (I know where most of them typically spawn by heart but I also used a guide).

Firefighter is the easiest side mission of its kind, after Paramedic. I don't think I've ever run out of time. I only failed by killing one of the people I was supposed to save.

That one takes me 2-3 tries usually. I try to stay on one side or something and I tend not to bump into any of them.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:34 PM

Memory limitation, it is in every 3D GTA to save up some memory by using same car model more often than using more car models at once. GTAs are already at unstable framerates on PS2, you want even choppier game?

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:41 PM

The PS2 doesn't even have an HDD which means it doesn't support paging (using local memory as RAM), so if the RAM is used up fully by the game you literally couldn't have more vehicle variety.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

F*CK ALL YA BUSTAS -Tupac Shakur (Crica 1994)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:55 PM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 15 August 2016 - 09:56 PM.

i dislik how helicopters work in vice city i like them more in san andreas. i did the 100 packages 34 rampages paramedic and some stunts in a row and after vigilante i had to jump out of the hunter because it was burning (i got stuck next to building) and it ran me over and i died..

i also dislike the handling of the vehicles lololololol they were better in 3 i think

They were okay for me in the Ps2 version that i still play. Or mabye it's just that i'm used to it? Have no problem driving cars in VC.

In the mobile version though... That's another story :dozing: Cars and bikes handle like sh*t.
  • MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Taking A Liberty

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:59 AM

I agree with the car handling , much better in GTA 3 . I think the handling for the helicopters in the game were not the greatest probably because Rockstar did not have the type of technology to make it fly smooth, similar for not being able to swim in GTA 3,VC,and Liberty City Stories. They had to cover that by saying in GTA 3 that their was a oil spill in the water and that's why you can't swim and in GTA Vice City you couldn't swim because of the problems of sharks .

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:41 PM

I agree with the car handling , much better in GTA 3 . I think the handling for the helicopters in the game were not the greatest probably because Rockstar did not have the type of technology to make it fly smooth, similar for not being able to swim in GTA 3,VC,and Liberty City Stories. They had to cover that by saying in GTA 3 that their was a oil spill in the water and that's why you can't swim and in GTA Vice City you couldn't swim because of the problems of sharks .

Yeah, not being able to swim bugs me the most.

• gluserty and jaljax like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:05 PM Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 16 August 2016 - 05:07 PM.

I hate the map. Especially the Western Island. Who even designed that? Meh.

And stupid Paramedic side-mission. But that sucks for every 3D GTA, so it doesn't really count as VC fault.

• Money&Powder likes this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:14 AM Edited by DIze, 17 August 2016 - 02:16 AM.

I hate the Haitians and the DBP men. Really irritating they're.
Same with the hidden packages. They're too many.
Its VCPD! Worlds Worst Police Dept.
Fort Baxter Armi Base. The Army idiots will shoot you if you are near the base!
In PC the Rage Fonts in Lower - Right part of the screen do not fit correctly.
There could be a health bar like VCS rather than 100 Armor and 100 Health.
All peds are of same type.
There're some Mission Attempting Bugs I've marked.
Vercetti Gangmembers dont drive like Cubans, Haitians, VC Bikers, Streetwannabes and DBP Security People.
And Much More!..

Rambo_AFC
  • Rambo_AFC

EC F'N W

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:51 AM

Godfather rating and Hilary King.

That's all I hate.

JoeFury1997
  • JoeFury1997

Easy lover, she'll get a hold on you believe it.

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:54 PM

The fact that you have to race and beat a sabre turbo using a sentinel in the "the driver" mission.

Okay maybe I'm not the best driver.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:23 AM

The lack of a 'Free Camera' mode whilst you are Driving.

ScottleeSV
  • ScottleeSV

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:54 PM

The final mission.

Twice I've gone through the whole game and quit after not being able to do the last mission. Hopefully 3rd time lucky on my next playtgrough.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:13 PM

The final mission.

Twice I've gone through the whole game and quit after not being able to do the last mission. Hopefully 3rd time lucky on my next playtgrough.

Collect 80 packages at least...during the first part of the mission hold the Main room with the M-60. When you're prompted to go after Lance, run like a bat out of hell out the main front door. Run along the back side of the Mansion and get in the Sea Sparrow. At that point you can use the Sparrows run to kill Lance.

At that point I finish Sonny off with the M60

There's really only one thing that I never liked and that's not being able to use the Kruger with auto aim. I don't care for any of Auntie's missions either.

• PhillBellic likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:05 AM

Or you can just stand still in main room and noone will spawn then wait till Lance appears and go after him.

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

If it keeps on rainin' levee's goin' to break

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:58 PM

The lack of a 'Free Camera' mode whilst you are Driving.

+1

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Very good

• Members
  • New-Caledonia

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:51 PM

The HUD. Way too messy and cluttered. 

Money&Powder
  • Money&Powder

Narcos

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:07 AM

Just played vice city first time over 10 years. The handling is sh*t I hate. Makes side missions next to impossible.

Too many cops everywhere you turn see boys in green. Hate that sh*t. They annoying as sh*t when they on you making high speed chases next to impossible. Cops box you in its a wrap.

Next thing hate is the streets, they too narrow not enough space making next to impossible to weave through traffic like current gen.

Driving physics suck ass.

Kostadinoff
  • Kostadinoff

MAINA TOWN

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:28 AM

The only thing I hate is that if you try to go on your favourite radio station and you miss it, you need to go all the way through the other stations and then.... u miss it again xD

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:34 AM

Just played vice city first time over 10 years.

Yeah, well, that's your problem.  You didn't play it for over a decade and didn't give it a chance to get used to it.  That's how the 3D Era is.  All of them are very similar in nature, but if you actually play and give it time, it all comes back and is just as easy as any other GTA...

ScottleeSV
  • ScottleeSV

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:38 AM

The final mission.

Collect 80 packages at least...during the first part of the mission hold the Main room with the M-60. When you're prompted to go after Lance, run like a bat out of hell out the main front door. Run along the back side of the Mansion and get in the Sea Sparrow. At that point you can use the Sparrows run to kill Lance.

At that point I finish Sonny off with the M60

There's really only one thing that I never liked and that's not being able to use the Kruger with auto aim. I don't care for any of Auntie's missions either.

Ta.

I can do the Lance bit no problem. It's going back down to the lobby that kills me. Guns everywhere on me before I can do anything.

Think I got 56 packages last time so would need to improve that score considerably.

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Formerly BeauShow

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:48 PM

Something about Tommy's run is just...annoying? 

Seriously it always looks like he just sh*t himself and his arms look so skinny when he flings them up.

Pretty trivial but it really irritates me.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:22 PM

When driving vehicles, the really stiff and non-rotatable camera consistently annoys me. Feels like it makes driving harder.

Also, being on PS2 - and a controller with sticky joysticks - manual-aim-only weapons are a bitch.

• Sentinel Driver likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users