Photo

Rockstar Games Appreciation Thread

14 replies to this topic
DIze
  • DIze

108METALS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:52 AM Edited by DIze, 15 August 2016 - 07:22 AM.

Hi Friends! R* Games is really a Real Hit Game Maker. Is'nt it?! Well, we all know the fun we get by playing the Fantastic GTA Series Games, Max Payne Series, LA Noire etc. Let's Appreciate R* Games for its Great Work!

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:04 AM

Far Cry? Wrong company that's Ubisoft

• DIze likes this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:59 AM Edited by Jabalous, 15 August 2016 - 11:01 AM.

I primarily appreciate Rockstar Games for their strong ability to create what they refer to as 'living, breathing worlds'. Their ability to design an open virtual world and inject an illusion of a reality and history into it, is simply unparalleled and no other developer has yet convinced that they can achieve close results. I do not actually play Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead to be the criminal that I can't be in reality, or to cause mayhem and annoy other players in multiplayer. I play them to explore the map, gaze at the scenery, stalk non-player characters and listen to their conversations and see how realistic their daily routines are, laugh at the subtle jokes and satire, meet the cynical and mysterious story characters and listen to the well-fitting soundtrack.

Years ago, specifically in the summer of 2010, I was enjoying my vacation time while doing some work in my father's farm at the outskirts of my village. The land in our area resembles the eastern hilly side of New Austin of RDR in terms of geography and the type of tress that grow there. These real-life moments in the farm was reminding me a lot of my time in the game and It was emphasized when I was hearing a distant dog's bark all the time, which is something you will hear quite a lot during silence times in the lands of Red Dead. That game reminded me a lot of the land that I was raised in and it even made me to start loving to explore the outside of my village and beyond, especially after living in large cities for years now.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Achlys
  • Achlys

Property Of ShadowPerson

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:12 PM

I appreciate that they made GTA(except V and Online), RDR, Bully, and Manhunt...Other than that, I don't respect/worship them as much as I used to before...
  • Payne Killer and DIze like this

JosephStalin
  • JosephStalin

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

• BUSTED!
  • Russia

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:17 AM

I Adore Rockstar Games, mainly for their funny & well-written narratives & characters, Beautiful game worlds, and the beautiful violence.   :devil:

The GTA Series is my favorite video game series by a mile, outside of GTA, Red Dead Redemption Max Payne 3 Bully & L.A Noire are my favorite Rockstar games, all of them are fantastic. 

Thank you R* for the ridiculous amount of hours of fun your games have given me.  :r*:

• The Deadite and DIze like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:46 AM

They have made some great Games.

• DIze likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:01 AM Edited by Darkshadows, 16 August 2016 - 11:02 AM.

I appreciate Bully except its PC port because that sh*t crashed when i was fighting Ted and sometimes glitched during missions

thanks Rockstar for the good games and the sh*tty ports

• PhillBellic and The Deadite like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

SPANK THAT MONKEY

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:24 PM

They have lost his way recently but they still are one of the best companies in the industry.

You just can't beat GTA, Bully, Red Dead and Manhunt, you just can't.
  • Payne Killer likes this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:31 PM Edited by RogerWho, 23 August 2016 - 01:38 PM.

It's quite a shame that most people only know R* for the GTA series. It's strange, I would think 'from the creators of GTA' would work as a great advertisement, but apparently not that much.

Bully and RDR are among the best games of all times, yet both combined sold just a fraction of a GTA average. I've played Midnight Club LA and Manhunt for a bit and both seem to have enough personality to fill 10 other games. I want to check out The Warriors, for some reason it's never on sale though.

What happens to me sometimes is that when I play a game that's simply too amazing, I have to STOP playing it for some time since the experience is just too much. Case in point, I just finished RDR after a 2-year break and am gonna go back to Bully, my save being from 2011. That's a record so far :D

With GTA they tend to hit and miss however, their last 3 games weren't very good and Agent is nowhere to be seen, so I'm curious what they're gonna do next.

BTW as a side note, I resent people for calling RDR 'Grand Theft Horse' etc... That's really underselling the game, it doesn't even have that much common with GTA beyond the open world formula tropes.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:56 PM

Hi Friends! R* Games is really a Real Hit Game Maker. Is'nt it?! Well, we all know the fun we get by playing the Fantastic GTA Series Games, Max Payne Series, LA Noire etc. Let's Appreciate R* Games for its Great Work!

can't really appreciate a company that sh*ts on its fans all the time. i guess you like to be sh*tted on

• Achlys likes this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:42 PM

You can still appreciate the good games they've made.

DIze
  • DIze

108METALS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:40 PM

R* Games is really Cool you know!
I was thinking of such GTA type games that may come in future. My first R* Game is GTA VC. I was really surprised when took a look on it!

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:18 PM

Bumping this because I realised I've never actually posted in it.

I appreciate R* for making the two greatest GTAs ever made (Vice City and GTA IV) which have yet to be surpassed, but I also love their other work too.

Bully in particular was an interesting diversion for the norm and hope it gets its well deserved sequel.

It might be a fanboyish thing to say, but other than Naughty Dog and Ubisoft (though their games tend to be a hit or a miss) R* are one of the best developers and have given me countless hours of enjoyment over the years with the games.:)

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:22 PM

Appreciating Rockstar Games and their work? You are in the wrong neighbourhood kid.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:39 AM

R* logos back to normal iconic yellow. Good. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users