• _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:42 PM

LODTYPES_DEPTH_SLOD1 is the reference to a medium LOD, so it's a second level of model, first is the detailed model, and third is a LOD of entire area.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:53 PM

Hmm, sounds confuse, I was focusing more on the lodDist value...
tEwmZkQ.png
8000 sounds like the last one, I don't know really.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:58 PM

Draw distance values in YMAP is really weird, they are set in YTYP already, why R* put them there too? Very interesting.

• BlackScout likes this

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Rockin' this place since 2009

• Feroci
  • Croatia
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:08 PM

Could it be related to shadow distance?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

Maybe, who knows?
I'm trying to put a custom model on a cleaned map with new directory and using new YTYP/YMAP but nothing.

• BlackScout likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:40 PM

Maybe, who knows?
I'm trying to put a custom model on a cleaned map with new directory and using new YTYP/YMAP but nothing.

Perhapss the manifest.ymf tells the game what ymap and ytyp files to load.

It also may specify other attributes such as if the file can be loaded and unloaded via native like the interiors or North Yankton. I also should note that when I was doing Heist Map Updates a year ago, I had issues with different combos of the files, such as lods appearing. It could also contain info regarding DLC maps. If you look at the Online update files, the sizes on the ymaps are identical to the originals, but the ytyps are much smaller in the DLC. Not to mention that the names are different, so it has to somehow relate the original one to the updated one.

There also could be information relating to the props which Rockstar has disabled in GTA Online.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:15 PM

All I see in .ymf file is the models/textures list. I thought about levels.ymt, but it isn' this.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:30 PM Edited by BlackScout, 13 September 2016 - 08:37 PM.

Stupid guess:

YYNfRkm.png

gta5_cache_y.dat

line 1129

pseudo scrambled xml like file, weird

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:04 AM

So has anyone been successful at adding7 to the map yet with a race track or something? Something like the Laguna Seca Raceway map.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Script or Plugin 2016 [SkyGfx] [Contribution]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:12 AM Edited by NTAuthority, 14 September 2016 - 06:14 AM.

Stupid guess:
YYNfRkm.png
gta5_cache_y.dat
line 1129

[level]_cache_[platform] contains the boundaries of existing file hashes so the game won't have to scan these on initial load. Anything not listed in the cache will just be scanned like traditional GTA behavior in SA/IV was as well.

The _manifest.#mf file in streamed RPFs only specifies 'high-LOD' linking for @hi/+hidr/... collisions/models/textures, and is not required to load a map.

Also, guys, please try to do a proper file system loader and stop modifying core RPFs and having to deal with 'oh is this file in that DLC', the whole DLC/update/DLC-patch/cacheLoader system will make you nuts... even more so the actual game itself has most of the 'load a non-gta5 level' code intact and you should use it, see also levels.meta (or well, #mt in PC, try console versions instead, also the only bit not kept intact is loading a different level during the game).

also just for you guys
0xA023A02C = archetypeName
just to make your xml look less sh*tty
  • Jestic, nkjellman, The_GTA and 1 other like this

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:31 AM

Maybe, who knows?

... probably you missed something? 'I've been trying [this] but I'm not showing how I tried it but it doesn't work' doesn't help much.
  • BlackScout likes this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:25 AM

What did I do?
1) Used cleaned up images.meta to remove V map.

2) Created manhat directory in levels/gta5.
3) Created manhat09.rpf and manhat_metadata.rpf.

4) manhat09.rpf has two files, model and texture dictionary of a V palm.

5) manhat_metadata.rpf has one YTYP - manhat_metadata_001 and four YMAP files - manhat09, manhat09_critical_0, manhat09_strm_0, manhat_lod.

6) images.meta has entries to load my custom RPFs.

• nkjellman likes this

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:48 AM Edited by fastman92, 14 September 2016 - 07:49 AM.

Good work.
I'm eager to try this software today.
  • nkjellman likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:11 AM

Stupid guess:
YYNfRkm.png
gta5_cache_y.dat
line 1129

[level]_cache_[platform] contains the boundaries of existing file hashes so the game won't have to scan these on initial load. Anything not listed in the cache will just be scanned like traditional GTA behavior in SA/IV was as well.

The _manifest.#mf file in streamed RPFs only specifies 'high-LOD' linking for @hi/+hidr/... collisions/models/textures, and is not required to load a map.

Also, guys, please try to do a proper file system loader and stop modifying core RPFs and having to deal with 'oh is this file in that DLC', the whole DLC/update/DLC-patch/cacheLoader system will make you nuts... even more so the actual game itself has most of the 'load a non-gta5 level' code intact and you should use it, see also levels.meta (or well, #mt in PC, try console versions instead, also the only bit not kept intact is loading a different level during the game).

also just for you guys
0xA023A02C = archetypeName
just to make your xml look less sh*tty

The problem with using the console files is for one, they could be outdated, but worse, there are some files where taking the console version doesn't work. Take using pedpersonality.meta from console in place of pedpersonality.ymt. It does not work due to missing fields. Which sucks because I am pretty damn sure that I know what to change in those files to fix the broken stealth and action mode animations on the peds that they don't work on. If Neodymium were to add the PSO formats to his tool, I could fix this bug. The funny part is, we know what the file format is inside, but there are additional fields on the PC version. It is my guess that they are relating to first person. Both peds and pedpersonality files are .meta in the dlc packs so we do know their format.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

Creating own "level" will be much better than modyfing gta5, so NTA has a point. But levels.ymt is a PSO file, so there is no way to modify it now.

• BlackScout likes this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:37 AM

Well, I got the console version for levels if you want to use it : https://www.dropbox....levels.xml?dl=0  

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:01 AM

But it's useless for now, we can't put it directly to the game without saving it to PSO.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:27 AM

So perhaps deal with the weird GTA 5 level is the only way out? +deleting cache

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:30 AM

In this way, we won't have to touch any of the levels/gta5 files.

• BlackScout likes this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:52 PM Edited by Mr.Arrow, 14 September 2016 - 01:17 PM.

But it's useless for now, we can't put it directly to the game without saving it to PSO.

Just delete the line using PC format (ymt) , and replace it with console version.

Thats how it works for me

http://pastebin.com/aNa2byJC

H2NbHkD.png

Stryfaar
  • Stryfaar

#BlameGramps

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

83c69ebf16da3d040c252a25e6dda6fd.png

Am I the only one? 

• Saunders420 and BlackScout like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:00 PM Edited by _CP_, 14 September 2016 - 01:25 PM.

@Mr.Arrow
Show your modified file on pastebin.

Are you sure that file is loaded correctly?

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:09 PM

@Mr.Arrow
Show your modified file on pastebin.

Are you sure that file is loaded correctly?

No,the game crashed as it loads.I thought you want to see how the file is saved as PSO.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Rockin' this place since 2009

• Feroci
  • Croatia
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:29 PM Edited by GTARandom, 14 September 2016 - 02:30 PM.

For future in map modding i found out why shadows were dissappearing in FiveReborn and Multifive, i'm sure it'll be useful for new custom made maps. So the files to blame are most likely the IPL map occluder files:  occlu_citye occlu_cityw and occlu_count. I also emptied the mapzones.xml as well as heightmap.dat. 

Also, if you're wondering how grass was placed, current research shows that it's done manually inside ymap files

• The7thOne likes this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:17 PM Edited by _CP_, 14 September 2016 - 04:30 PM.

Yep, I knew it. I hope there won't be big problems to move occluders from IV to V.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2016 - 03:28 PM

Oh, by the way it seems Rockstar can even control grass color in YMAPs. That's really interesting!!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

For future in map modding i found out why shadows were dissappearing in FiveReborn and Multifive, i'm sure it'll be useful for new custom made maps. So the files to blame are most likely the IPL map occluder files:  occlu_citye occlu_cityw and occlu_count. I also emptied the mapzones.xml as well as heightmap.dat. 

Also, if you're wondering how grass was placed, current research shows that it's done manually inside ymap files

Regarding the disappearing shadows, the normal game has the issue. Looking at the aircraft altimeter when flying an aircraft over low terrain, if you fly above the 4th notch down from the height limit, the shadows disappear. It does this everywhere. I was wondering if it is possible to have shadows render up to the height limit. You cam especially see this when you fly in first person. I can't remember if last gen had this bug.

Also, has anyone tested how far you can place objects from the original map? There already is a mod that lets you fly way out over the ocean without your aircraft stalling.

Additionally, I believe that we will need to modify the gameconfig.xml to add to the map, which unfortunately makes the game get out of memory errors. No one has made a gameconfig.xml that can run forever for the add on cars, except for Rockstar themselves.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:15 PM

Oh, by the way it seems Rockstar can even control grass color in YMAPs. That's really interesting!!

That's indeed mildly interesting. Can you change it to any color, let's say purple, or is it set to a specific range of green shades?

Am I the only one? 

Don't just open the tool, but drag a YTYP\YMAP file on the exe and it will work.

• BlackScout likes this

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:35 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 14 September 2016 - 07:40 PM.

5) manhat_metadata.rpf has one YTYP - manhat_metadata_001 and four YMAP files - manhat09, manhat09_critical_0, manhat09_strm_0, manhat_lod.

Why would you need all of these? Just have a single ymap and don't set any parent (like _lod probably does?).

Creating own "level" will be much better than modyfing gta5, so NTA has a point. But levels.ymt is a PSO file, so there is no way to modify it now.

The console version of the meta should have the same fields the PC version does. Issue might be 'gta5' is hardcoded in a few places in the EXE to be the default level, IIRC.

(oh, research shows all the field names changed. great! seems I can't trace the parser fields much either)

Regarding the disappearing shadows, the normal game has the issue. Looking at the aircraft altimeter when flying an aircraft over low terrain, if you fly above the 4th notch down from the height limit, the shadows disappear. It does this everywhere. I was wondering if it is possible to have shadows render up to the height limit. You cam especially see this when you fly in first person. I can't remember if last gen had this bug.

Filip is probably talking about an issue with regards to grcore geometry in old versions of FiveM/such.

Also, has anyone tested how far you can place objects from the original map? There already is a mod that lets you fly way out over the ocean without your aircraft stalling.

The old sector system has been replaced with a dynamic entity graph so it could be anywhere, but the #map streaming boundaries are still a fixed 8192.0 quadtree.

Additionally, I believe that we will need to modify the gameconfig.xml to add to the map, which unfortunately makes the game get out of memory errors. No one has made a gameconfig.xml that can run forever for the add on cars, except for Rockstar themselves.

... because you'll have to modify the heap in the EXE and can't do that with just gameconfig.xml, and R* does that whenever they need to?

There's also a field in rage::phBound* that's mainly used from 'plants manager' stuff as mentioned by listener.

Don't just open the tool, but drag a YTYP\YMAP file on the exe and it will work.

doesn't mean the tool shouldn't at least test args.Length and show usage

Yep, I knew it. I hope there won't be big problems to move occluders from IV to V.

you do know they're like not even needed if you do LOD linking properly, the IV ones didn't really optimize the game
  • Spider-Vice, The_GTA and BlackScout like this

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:39 PM

@NTAuthority
Even with one YMAP, game didn't load my model, entry in YTYP was correct.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users