Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

Source? At least make a proper link.

Check the OP, MetaTool is discontinued.

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:33 PM Edited by Mr.Arrow, 17 June 2017 - 09:48 PM.

Source? At least make a proper link.

Check the OP, MetaTool is discontinued.
But he didn't get C&D, so why give up easily?

I appreciate his decision, but this is quite disappointing eh :/

Modding truly comes to an end.
  • MrGTAmodsgerman and BlackScout like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:20 AM

It is a shame that Neodymium is also allowing Take Two win.

Continue your work. We will hurt them bad enough so things will be back to normal. This has happened on other game series and eventually it will be back to normal. We just need to keep trashing the reviews.
  • MrGTAmodsgerman likes this

Ducky is King
  • Ducky is King

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

its called the chilling effect.  Its working nicely.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

@Neodymium Since the issue has been resolved with OpenIV, will you continue your work? It would be fantastic to have compiling and decompileing of ysc scripts.
  • MrGTAmodsgerman and HeySlickThatsMe like this

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:11 AM

@Neodymium Since the issue has been resolved with OpenIV, will you continue your work? It would be fantastic to have compiling and decompileing of ysc scripts.

Remember! YSC decompileing and compoling would allow us to make mod menus like on old gen.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:52 AM Edited by nkjellman, 27 June 2017 - 01:53 AM.

Remember! YSC decompileing and compoling would allow us to make mod menus like on old gen.
I don't care about GTA Online. Also ysc scripts won't work with other players due to incompatible assets.

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:07 AM

I don't care about GTA Online. Also ysc scripts won't work with other players due to incompatible assets.

Yea but it will allow people to mod they own account. Idk how R* would think of that.

The scriptbypass is only activated by detected modified files, but there is a encrypt tool for RPF files which allow anything.

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

THIS TOOL IS DISCONTINUED.
After the OpenIV team received a C&D letter for their tool, I decided to stop any activity related to GTAV. I already stopped developing new tools some time ago and I am not willing to stuggle with problems like these in the future by providing modding tools for GTAV.
I'm sorry for everyone interested in my work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meta Toolkit

Meta Toolkit is a tool for GTAV that allows you to edit:

- definition files (*.ytyp)

- placement files (*.ymap)

- manifest files (*.ymf)

- meta files (*.ymt, only resource files, no PSO files)

Just drag and drop the file onto the executable for converting it to xml. Drag and drop the xml again onto the executable to convert it back. There are a lot of unknown fields in the xml. If you experiment with them, feel free to discuss your results here.

Remember to backup your GTAV files before u use this tool!
Do NOT use GTA Online if you edited files. I do not take responsibilities for possible bans.

Prerequisites:
 .NET Framework 4.6

[DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED]

OpenIV is Back and Modding is Safe Again, Please Don't Give Up!!!

• MrGTAmodsgerman, CalicoApricot, The Duke of Rockford and 1 other like this

MissingNoGuy55
  • MissingNoGuy55

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:49 AM

Yeah dude, we're gonna need this now that OpenIV is saved. It currently doesn't work right now.

froggz19
  • froggz19

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:35 AM

Please continue working on this :(

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

Why do you need this if OpenIV is fine and CodeWalker is using Neodymium's code as a base?

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:56 AM Edited by Mr.Arrow, 03 July 2017 - 11:18 AM.

You can just use Neodymium's source code on GitHub : https://github.com/N...146/gta-toolkit

gta toolkit is pretty much what you wanted, so you don't have to worry much about MetaTool when someone could just make another one again. Obviously, this is intended for mod developers. This isn't for your average joe lol.

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:13 PM

Why do you need this if OpenIV is fine and CodeWalker is using Neodymium's code as a base?

Because he was on the way to make other file format support. Also OpenIV encrypt system is not the same as this one.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

Yea but it will allow people to mod they own account. Idk how R* would think of that.
The scriptbypass is only activated by detected modified files, but there is a encrypt tool for RPF files which allow anything.
When people do that, they will update the anti cheat. If they can check for the modded files, they can easily put in a system that stops the game from saving when the CRC check occurs.

It would be a great way to allow us to give us SP users the content that Rockstar has been adding over the years. A lot of people would love that. I don't really care for the Online experience and I would love to enjoy a single please form of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users