• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic
stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

I recently started completing GTA 3 on mobile (android) but this time I decided to start collecting unique vehicles. I unlocked El Burro's missions and I wanted to obtain an AP Cheetah without failing the mission. I made myself a DP Mr. Wongs for this purpose. There's something weird that happened at some of my (many) attempts to push the Cheetah to the safe hosue after successfully flipping it. Sometimes it happens to become invisible. I doesn't disappear, it's still there because you can feel it's collision while driving through it and also other cars stop in front of it. But it just can't be seen. Sometimes if you turn around or go back a few meters away from it, it becomes visible but disappears again as soon as you get closer. Anyway I finally managed to push it successfully to my garage.. but even during my successful try this issue happened. It really pissed me off because I was close. But suddenly it appeared again and I was able to continue pushing until I made it to the garage.

So I just wondered if this issue appeared to anyone who plays mobile here and what causes it?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:55 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 05 August 2016 - 10:51 AM.

Yeah.  Happens on PS2 and PC, too.  You just do Top Down View Camera and it fixes it...This happens with the Bobcat from Evidence Dash, as well, if you tip it upside down and are far from the Safehouse.  It'll eventually go invisible.  Top Down View = Fix.  It's actually easier to push it Top Down View, anyways :D :p

EDIT: I thought you already did an Android playthrough and went for the Special Vehicles already.  You claimed in one topic about NOT needing any DP Mr. Wongs to actually pass the Race and then push the Cheetah back to the Garage.  I used a DP Mr. Wongs on both PS2 and iOS when I obtained it.  Lol, I used Deal Steal alone when I re-did my iOS Save this past June to convert 6 Vehicles to DP all at once, one after another, and then pass the Mission.  What a pain in the ass...All because the Taxi Trick doesn't work on Mobile, thus can't get a passenger inside to make DP Vehicles unless you use Mission Scripted Passengers or Car Thieves.  But Car Thieves doesn't seem to work on iOS anymore or I would of did that instead of making 6 Vehicles DP during Deal Steal using the guy you take to the parking lot where the Colombians are waiting.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:08 AM Edited by stef_92, 05 August 2016 - 11:32 AM.

I have never claimed that I have any unique vehicle collected on mobile . However I think that Mr. Wongs is not the only vehicle capable of doing this. Borgnine also has the potential (if you have it unlocked) - it's fast, it has a good handling and it's powerful at smashing cars. I have tried doing this with Borgnine a few times, all of which I failed to catch and flip the Cheetah, then I got pissed off and stopped trying :D But I still think that it's possible. The best thing is that Borgnine itself is a taxi and you can make it DP on mobile with no issues (even the junkyard is close to it).

I made Mr. Wongs DP during "The Getaway". After robbing the bank you can respray the car to lose the cops and after that you have unlimited time with at least one passenger. You can drive to Mr. Wongs building and get one. If more than 1 of the guys have survived they will wait patiently until you do your thing and get back to pick them.

I wonder is it possible to use a prostitute for this trick?

EDIT: I tried, It doesn't work :D Hookers don't try to get back in the car, they just walk away.

Also thanks for the top down view trick. If I knew it earlier this could have saved me a lot of nerve cells.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

I also used The Getaway to make the Mr. Wongs DP.  But I didn't do that after robbing the bank.  I did it before that.  Where you pick the 3 Leones up.  If you get into a Vehicle with 4 seats, and then just get out of the Vehicle and into the other Vehicle you need to make DP, one guy will follow, the other 2 guys will stay in your other Vehicle that you picked them up in :D :p

Yeah, Hookers only work in LCS PSP/PS2/Mobile.  No need to even hold look back button in LCS, either...

I learned that simply watching other Videos on Youtube where I saw the Vehicle "vanish" but it just goes invisible.  Using Replay Feature (PC Only) or just switching to top down view brings the Vehicle back from being invisible.  Strangely enough, this ONLY happens with Special Vehicles in GTA III.  VC on up, this doesn't happen.  The Vehicle will always remain in tact or a wreck, as long as the camera is on said Vehicle.  In III, this doesn't seem to matter and what seems to matter is the duration you take to push it back, even in tact and not a wreck.  Being quick is the best option, but sometimes you can't go quick.  So when it goes invisible, Top Down View is what fixes it.  In Top Down View, it physically will NEVER go invisible.  I have no idea why, but it's what it is...

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:56 AM

Another thing that I hate - when I'm chasing the Bobcat from Evidence Dash and it jumps by itself from the bridge in Fort Staunton and falls into the water (failing the mission)

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:00 AM

Yeah, that only happens if you get close to it and Vehicles are spawning on the bridge.  Like, that bridge with the gap in the middle of it, the Bobcat will drive right into that and into the water when you are close to it while it swerves out of the way from the other Vehicles on the bridge in traffic...When I come near the area in Fort Staunton, I jam on the brakes and let it go far ahead of me that I don't see it anymore.  Then no traffic can physically spawn, thus it'll drive straight without trying to go around Vehicles on the bridge and fall into the water...

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

Nvermind, I finally succeeded and obtained the Bobcat. It was a huge pain in the ass! I've never done this on mobile. Now I'm going to use Kanbu to DP the Bobcat, Barracks OL and Rumpo

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:48 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 09 August 2016 - 11:50 AM.

Yeah, Mobile typically sucks.  I use a BP/DP Barracks OL to ram it, though, and on my first playthrough a Fire Truck.  I made my Barracks OL converted to DP before this Mission.  Btw, since you probably don't know, make sure you chop the passenger side door off the Barracks OL before trying to make it DP.  It won't work on Mobile if the door isn't ripped off...

On my first ever Mobile playthrough over a year ago where I had 79 Mission Attempts and the BP Barracks OL not converted to DP, I didn't know this.  But in my next, and current Save on Mobile, I have 78 Attempts and all 13 fully converted, Barracks OL being one of them.  All of this stuff is found in my Guide, though.  Notice it's just me replying to you.  All this information would be good in my Guide and not to mention 85% of every Video in my Guide is from someone playing on Mobile while going for all 13, thus you can see what they do if you never did this before...

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for the advice's :) Actually I remove the passenger door on all vehicles before taking them to the crusher, not only on Barracks OL. Just in case :D
Well since we are going off topic and my original question was actually answered I will continue with the unique vehicles talk in your topic. Some of the modders can put "answered" label on this topic.
  • MetalMilitia89 likes this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

Locked as the question was answered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users