Photo

How to make this less frustrating?

4 replies to this topic
RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:14 AM Edited by RogerWho, 03 August 2016 - 05:16 PM.

Hey guys,

I want to play all the 3D era games as PS2 classics on my PS3. I've not played them before apart from III on PC back in the day (but never finished it).

I'm used to modern console games not having sucky controls, but I did manage to play through SA with only a couple destroyed controllers and maybe less than 50000 swearwords [citation needed].

Now I'm trying to play III and ffs, I've barely started and I've already exhausted all my patience. Right now I'm trying to play The Pick Up mission and I just can't not get killed even when I try to be smart about it. I watched a couple videos so I can probably handle this one but I know it's only gonna get worse.

You have any general tips how to make this game... how to say this nicely... less sh*t?

Frankly I play games mostly for the story so I don't really care to hunt for miniguns or armor or whatever and I don't use cheat either. But if I'd want to use cheats, which ones should I use? Again I mean to make things easier in general. Not just shooting, but also races, vehicle damange, time limits and that stuff.

Tips appreciated.

BTW: No, I'm not gonna buy the PC version from Steam, please don't suggest that.

Edit: The game f*cked me over. I passed The Pick-Up then went and saved the game. When I came back to Tony for another mission, it's just offering me Pick-Up again.

And I looked up the cheats and found there's no invulnerability cheat? Is this a f*cking joke?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:23 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 04 August 2016 - 02:27 AM.

Is there a need to play the game? If this game is causing you so much frustration, you don't have to play it. There are health, armor, and wanted level cheats and that's it for the useful cheats. Controls will suck and you will just have to learn to get used to it.
  • MetalMilitia89 likes this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:58 AM

Well sure there's no 'need' technically but I wanted to know what is the fuzz all about. Plus the PS2 versions are considered classics so I expected them to hold up, and VCS and LCS aren't on the PC anyway.

You can say I'm educating myself on the game history. I regularly buy and try old games on gog and ebay. And SA turned out to be pretty good, or at least half of it, so I have been missing on something there. And I already bought all 5 so...

Oh well, I figured out that cheats for armor, weapons, slow-mo and removal of the wanted level are kinda sufficient. Just wondered if people have any more tips.

Shy Star
  • Shy Star

Karin CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:07 AM

Unfortunately, I believe that the Steam version of Grand Theft Auto III can be worse in some respects. For example, there are times when you can not go down a short flight of stairs without being swung over, and loosing a good chunk of your health in the process. To put it bluntly, the Steam version al least from my experience has a lot of glitches, which will hinder the game. Unfortunately, I can't give any tips except to breath and remain calm during a playing session of GTA III because believe me, there will be a lot of unfair things to encounter. Even more unfortunate, the Steam version of GTA III is the only version I own.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:16 AM Edited by Silent, 06 August 2016 - 10:16 AM.

Unfortunately, I believe that the Steam version of Grand Theft Auto III can be worse in some respects. For example, there are times when you can not go down a short flight of stairs without being swung over, and loosing a good chunk of your health in the process. To put it bluntly, the Steam version al least from my experience has a lot of glitches, which will hinder the game. Unfortunately, I can't give any tips except to breath and remain calm during a playing session of GTA III because believe me, there will be a lot of unfair things to encounter. Even more unfortunate, the Steam version of GTA III is the only version I own.

You're talking about frame limiter issues. Just turn it on and ALL those glitches will go away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users