PC
125 replies to this topic
DarthVaper
  • DarthVaper

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Not really, for my part they seem to be mid-life crisis guys pretending to do something online that they don't have the balls to do it IRL. I have had some involvement with MC's IRL tho so to be fair, at least they emulate them well.

So, how do you manage a Mafia crew? I've seen some stuff about Internal Punk somethings and they sound like try-hards on two wheels.

Fulkinini
  • Fulkinini

Crew Leader

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

Haha, 99% of those '1%' MC crews are cuckolds that need to compensate by ordering others around in an online game.

I always enjoy reading those pages full of bylaws, like "salute to your superiors" and "do this, do that".

Our crew has a mafia-themed 'inner circle' called the Family, which means that only a part of our crew participates in this light roleplay. It has ten extra rules, but none of them are idiotic restrictions. You can read them here.

Whenever a member is offered a spot in the Family, they are completely free to decline. Although so far everyone has been happy to accept the offer.

Any of that interesting to you? As described, we don't look down on anyone who remains a 'regular' member within our crew.

DarthVaper
  • DarthVaper

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Not so much into the RP side of things but I like the idea of not being treated like a bitch.

This is gonna sound weird but there's LOADS of crews going at the minute (have played with a few) but they all f*ckin use Discord. TL;DR I had my Battle.net account stolen from a Discord user (confirmed it was a former guildmate) so yeh, never again.

Why do you guys use TS? It's a bit old, I've kinda given up on VOIP except in-game versions.

Fulkinini
  • Fulkinini

Crew Leader

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 6 days ago

Why we use TS? Easy to use, very stable and a light-weight program. Compared to crap like the D-word the permissions system is incredibly advanced and there are a ton of other perks. For example the fact that TeamSpeak values your privacy and doesn't log your chat and voice conversations. It also doesn't have kids running around on forums denouncing gaming communities that use TS, just so that they get a sticker - also known as the 'Discord Hypesquad'. Pathetic.

• DarthVaper likes this

DarthVaper
  • DarthVaper

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Huh! I've used the "D-word" in the past and obviously heard of TS but never used it because most gaming communities seem to prefer it. 

Saying that, I do remember seeing something on Reddit about how they own your intellectual property and stuff. IMO the hyesquad thingy is probably temporary - they're owned by Time Warner and yh, they're eventually gonna wanna see some Benjamins so I doubt the free part will last :/

Obviously there's loads of MC crews, do you have any Mafia competitors or do you guys own that portion on the PC?

driwee
  • driwee

Underboss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by driwee, 3 days ago.

Obviously there's loads of MC crews, do you have any Mafia competitors or do you guys own that portion on the PC?

I wouldn't go as far as saying we "own" that part because copycats are always around. But when it comes to original mafia content i have yet to see someone bigger than us.

Feel free to join us on TS to check us out if you would like an "inside" view. 

• Fulkinini likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users