Quantcast

» «
Photo

Road Rage topic. Your experiences & stories.

35 replies to this topic
sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:43 AM

Sounds to me like everyone was a bellend in that confrontation.

Noale
  • Noale

INKWIZYCJA

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

Is passing on the right not legal there? I know here you usually want to pass on the left, but if there is someone hogging the fast lane, I will quickly pass them on the right. For some reason, people tend to just ride the ass of the car in front to try to get them to move over, but simply changing your own lane to overtake them honestly seems like the far better thing to do.

• sivispacem likes this

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

Is passing on the right not legal there? I know here you usually want to pass on the left, but if there is someone hogging the fast lane, I will quickly pass them on the right. For some reason, people tend to just ride the ass of the car in front to try to get them to move over, but simply changing your own lane to overtake them honestly seems like the far better thing to do.

You'd think that but the general issue is that you are not supposed to use the slow lane to undertake as you are putting yourself and others at risk. Saying that I've heard enough tales of people forced to undertake and commit an illegal action as the person in front are commiting an illegal act. The risk being if you get caught.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:35 PM Edited by SouthLand, 07 May 2017 - 12:36 PM.

In Spain you have to drive on the right lane and use the middle and left lane to overtake, that's what the law is when driving on a highway. However,  the reality is much different. Nobody want's to drive on the right lane except semi trucks and other industrial vehicles. Everybody drives on the middle lane (Even if the right lane is clear without traffic). That means that, if you are driving on the left lane, many times the car in front of you can't merge to the middle lane, because it's full of stupid c*nts doing 100km/h in a 120 speed limit, that won't drive on the right lane.

There are other people that believe that since the speed limit is 120km/h, they can drive in any lane at that speed. So they won't move. That's when you have to merge to the middle lane or right lane and pass them which is dangerous and ilegal. And if cops see you, you can get a ticket for speeding and driving like a maniac

• Cudwieser likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

It's weird, I've driven all over Europe and can safely say that Spanish drivers- at least, those in Leon/La Mancha and Andalusia- are amongst the best anywhere on the continent.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:21 AM

I have had too many to mention. Usually pretty minor and just exchanging words as I drive past or at the next traffic lights.

The most recent I was approaching a green light to turn right( the road I was on ended) and a light truck came flying from my left through a red light and went in between myself and the car in front of me.
So I immediately went up next to him and yelled out as aggressively as I could "Are you F$%^ed in the head [email protected]%*"
He looked across at me and didn't say a word, probably knew he f*cked up, so I floored it in anger and drove away from him

I was impressed with how loud I yelled that day. My brother in the passenger seat started laughing.
I sent my dashcam footage to the Australian Dashcam Owners Facebook/Youtube page and they put my video in their most recent "bad drivers compilation'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users