Quantcast

» «
Photo

Road Rage topic. Your experiences & stories.

35 replies to this topic
SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:47 PM Edited by SouthLand, 31 July 2016 - 05:46 PM.

I thought maybe this could be a good idea since everybody that drives has gone through a Road Rage experience at least once. And by Road Rage I mean, to just exchanging a few words with another driver, up to going full Russian style with the baseball bat in the trunk.

My story:

I was driving with my gf and other couple that are friends also, to Port Aventura, a theme park an hour or so away from my house. We where cruising down the highway at 140km/h on the left lane when I see there is in front a Volkswagen Sharan with French plates.  While i approach the van, he doesn't make any attempt to move (he had all the space in the world to do so), so i flash my headlights. He still doesn't move. I decide to approach him for two seconds,  so he get's the message (I don't like to tailgate but, sometimes you have to play all your cards) his reaction? Hit the breaks and slows me down.

I managed to overtake him using the middle lane, honked at him and did the "Are you stupid?" hand gestures. He went completely crazy. He started zig zaging and trying to follow me while he tailgated me. Anyways, i decided to take the following exit and stopped the car in the exit's shoulder. I stepped down, the van's driver did the same and he started screaming at me in French. I told him in english to F*ck off. The screaming went on for a few minutes until he said, "I am calling the Police". I said, "you can call who you want, i have stuff to do, bye bye." He wanted me to stay and wait for the cops, which was a waste of time, and i wasn't going to do that, so i left. 

This is one experience i have. If you want to share yours, please feel free.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

I decided to tailgate him a bit so he get's the message

And at this point you went from victim of inattentive driving to twat, I'm afraid.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

I decided to tailgate him a bit so he get's the message

And at this point you went from victim of inattentive driving to twat, I'm afraid.

By tailgating, I meant approaching him for two seconds,and then backing up. Not permanent tailgating him.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:33 PM

That doesn't make it any less twattish. If someone's driving like a knob, the best thing to do is put the maximum distance between you and them, not try and minimise it.
  • PhillBellic, LightningLord and TheMcSame like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:38 PM

I remember when I just got my license,I was waiting for the green light at the crossroad.The moment it turned green,a guy behind me started honking the horn like a douche,causing me to screw up and stall the engine.I just turned the car back on,flipped the guy off and drove away.That's the only road rage that happened to me when I was driving (I did witness more road rage,but either I wasn't the driver or wasn't even involved).

• Leone Family likes this

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:50 AM Edited by Carlover325, 01 August 2016 - 04:51 AM.

Several years ago I was going through a green light to get on the freeway onramp.  A car pulls out in front of me and makes me slam on my brakes, so I honk at them and they flip me off.  I change lanes on the onramp to go around them, and he cuts me off and flips me off again.  I managed to get into the freeway lane first (by speeding up and going over the solid lines "divider" which is not legal).  I managed to force him off at the next exit by not letting him get into the freeway lane.

I'll admit that I was being really stupid.  I guess it didn't help that I was already in a bad mood that day (not a good excuse, I know).  I've never done anything like that before or since.  I hope to keep it that way.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:22 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 02 August 2016 - 06:23 PM.

I believe in giving asshole drivers a taste of their own medicine and could not care less how twatish it is. I know I'm an asshole. :) Might as well have fun.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:56 AM

I believe in giving asshole drivers a taste of their own medicine

No reasonable, competent driver would intentionally put themselves in conflict with another road user whose behaviour is erratic. You're literally asking them to brake-check you and when you end up rear-ending them because of it, it'll be your fault from the insurance company's perspective.

And then I'll laugh at you.
  • PhillBellic, LightningLord and Leone Family like this

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:40 AM Edited by Cudwieser, 07 August 2016 - 10:40 AM.

Haven't had a significant road rage incident, but have had moments where I've seen red due to downright ignorant behaviour from other road users, not to mention being very close to other drivers issues.

The most hateful (more misguided) issue i've had is over taking drivers. I tend to give space and time so that if anyone is to pull out in front to over take slower traffic I have time to match them and not rear end them. Moat times this is no issue as we both tend to pass the slowest vehicle (I save my overtaking for crawler lanes and duel carriageways, occassionally on single carriageways). Sometimes the person overtaking in front is either inexperienced of just thick. When they try to overtake and dawdle I get very annoyed. especially if they haven't bothered to check their mirrors to check for other overtaking traffic. Occassionally I've filpped them if they are a driver my age. Not proud but it has happed.

Another was a lane hogger. There was no one to overtake yet they hogged the overtaking lane, going no faster that me. Didn't do anything except stay in the crawler lane and hang back. Felt like giving him a toot.

A final incident (I do have more but I'll save them for when I'm in a bad mood ;) :) ) I was on the bus coming home from work when the bus approached stationary traffic at a red light. bus was creeping up when a white van raced up the outside and cut in, causing the bus to slam on the brakes. The driver was bouncing (and rightly so). at the next stop the driver pulled up along side the van and gave the driver the dogs abuse. Nothing else happened, but the van could so easily have been wrote off as even a slow moving bus can do a load of damage (and it would have been the van's fault due to him cutting in and the 30 something witnesses).

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:20 AM Edited by SouthLand, 08 August 2016 - 11:24 AM.

Video starts at 1:56

My conclusion, I think everybody is wrong here.

1. Notice how the OP doesn't change lane to the right and keeps driving on the left lane (ilegal) and has to get overtaken by the white van using the right lane (ilegal) at 2:06

2. The White van illegally changes lane in a solid line at 2:29. Also, he makes the white van behind him have to stop.

3. The big van driver went nuts.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:45 PM Edited by Cudwieser, 08 August 2016 - 06:46 PM.

1. Ignorant

2. Impatient

3. Insane

Thing escalated badly with the first van driver being a douche (OP didn't help, but in the scheme of things he was the straw that broke a very impatient camels back). The second van driver though proved the first vans match and then some. Hopefully the murdurous second van driver was caught and prosecuted and the first van driver was given time off the road to convalesce and recover his strength and sanity. Hopefully the first drive got a wake up call.

Rewdalf
  • Rewdalf

Can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not? I probably am.

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:53 PM

I had a guy pass me and cut me off for whatever reason.

I guess I can't just leave it that vague now that I've tickled your curiosity, can I?

See, I live on a busy street. Not too big, but on certain times of the day very busy.

There's a long traffic light at the end of it that intersects a highway.

Now, this light is long.

Sometimes I can't get out of my driveway in the morning because there are cars backed up all the way past the house and down the street.

What makes it even worse is that some of the time I'm turning left away from the light and I actually have to wait for a full cycle before someone lets me through I push my way out one way or another.

It's even more annoying when there's a gap just wide enough to not fit my car, and enough space for the car in front to pull up and widen the gap but they don't, or pretend not to see me...

So some mornings I get to lay on my horn until they either move, or the light turns green.

Fun times.

Anyway, unrelated. On this day I was turning right headed towards the light.

And I see this red Hyundai, or Honda, or whatever. I don't remember exactly.

This car has its hood open and the driver out of the car.

So I pass it from the turn lane and stop in front of it at the red light.

It turns green shortly, and I'm on my way, turning left onto the highway. Good thing I passed that stopped car, I didn't have time to wait for whatever he was doing since the light is such a short green and a seemingly endless red.

Keep in mind. Hood open, driver not in car...

But down the road, I see this same guy turn onto the highway, apparently done with whatever he was...doing.

He proceeds to speed up, pass me, and merge in front cutting it rather close to my car.

And let me tell you. I get very passive-aggressive behind the wheel. It's a terrible habit, and I do not condone brash action when behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.

Anyway, I try to casually pass on the right and he swerves to deny me. At this point, my blood has boiled (since I tried to be sensible and get away from this tool).

So I try again from the left. Same casual approach, but I wait for him to cut me off again since I expect it.

He does the predictable, so I cut the wheel the opposite direction and kick down into 2nd gear to floor it past him.

And yes, as I passed him I gave him a lengthy gesture.

And that was the end of it.

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:45 AM

Just had one of those moments when you're looking at a driver and thinking "No way you're going to that, right?", obviously he did.

Tried to do illegal u-turn, with a traffic cop car behind him. Even the cops were waiving at him like wth.

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

Proof too many don't use their mirrors.

Ocelot
  • Ocelot

Ocelot Lynx - Born To Perform.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:38 PM

Normally I am a calm person but if you cut me off two consecutive times while I am trying to overtake you and make me miss a green traffic light you are really trying to push my buttons. Use your f*cking mirrors. -_-

Prior to that I waited almost an hour for someone while it was roughly 34°C. When that said person calmly asked me what was wrong with me I died a little inside.

I just needed to get this off my chest and I actually felt bad for honking at the driver the second time he changed lanes without checking his blindspot.

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:10 AM

Had a Russian bad drivers on Youtube moment. 

I was stopped on a red light waiting to go left, a van comes from the right, crosses two lanes and stops in front of me, a guy comes out of the back and starts talking with the other two at the front before walking off. Still red, the van drives off but not before doing a illegal u-turn.

The best part, yes they were Russians. 

Formula_puck
  • Formula_puck

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:42 AM

It was me and 5 of my friends leaving buffalo wild wings. I was in my Dodge Neon when I had it at the time and my one friend was in his. We were doing stupid things like chasing each other in an empty parking lot at daylight. At a parking lot stop sign my friend flipped the bird out his window thinking the other Neon was behind us, but it was actually a lady in a mini van who ended up chasing up through the streets. My friend was next to me in his Neon on the road and sped up to get in front where we split up and I busted a quick right and lady followed. We were scared as hell but laughing our asses off so I pulled into a parking turned around and quickly sped off doing 90 down the highway where I met up with the other Neon back at BWW.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:18 PM

How does your friend confuse a Dodge Neon and a minivan?  lol

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:38 PM

I've been riding motorcycles in a city of crazy ass drivers, cabs, sleepy delivery drivers, old people that shouldn't be driving anymore for like 30 years now.

I've called 90 year old ladies c*nts right to their face...like inches away through their open window.

I've spit on countless windshields.

I've kicked so many doors...some while moving and other after putting my kickstand down and getting off the bike.

Punched a bunch of drivers side windows.

If you almost kill me I don't hold back my words. If you are a fat chick that almost kills me I'll remind you that you are fat and ugly.

Honest...I'm a nice person but if you almost kill me my adrenaline kicks.
  • Android and Darth Absentis like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

I actually sat on a guy who hit another biker a while back. He turned into a junction without looking and basically T-boned the guy. Clearly broke his leg. Had to pull the bike off him. This guy's in agony writhing on the floor whilst my missus tries to get him to lay still and the other guy was just jabbering about how it wasn't his fault. He then tried to run, straight past me, so I tackled him and sat on him until the police turned up. Think it turned out he had no licence or insurance.
  • Android and Darth Absentis like this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

Think it turned out he had no licence or insurance.

The amount of drivers without both is insanely high. There was a police stop done a few months ago over here, in a access road that comes from Lisbon's bridge and they caught about 20 drivers (no license or insurance or both) or something like that.

The biggest issue is the law. If you get caught (first time) driving without owning a license you go to court and get a fine. I bet that is guying to work again the next day driving.
  • Darth Absentis likes this

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:37 PM Edited by Cudwieser, 31 August 2016 - 05:37 PM.

No bet. Too frequent an occurance. Having said that the police here are raging. Common practice is to flash your lights (out of view of the police) to warn of a trap (traditionally the speed trap, but more frequently ANPR these days). I've never flashed were police are concerned, just idiots, but have been flashed quite often. The police are now fuming and seeking flashers to pay the dodgers (would be) fines.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:56 PM

No bet. Too frequent an occurance. Having said that the police here are raging. Common practice is to flash your lights (out of view of the police) to warn of a trap (traditionally the speed trap, but more frequently ANPR these days). I've never flashed were police are concerned, just idiots, but have been flashed quite often. The police are now fuming and seeking flashers to pay the dodgers (would be) fines.

There are a few Facebook groups in Spain by region that everytime a police checkpoint is set, they post it in Facebook about 15 min later. They also do that for speed cameras

Irish45455
  • Irish45455

Irish45455

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:58 AM Edited by Irish45455, 09 December 2016 - 10:12 AM.

No matter what I always seem to end up with people up my ass when I drive. Just latched onto my bumper, so close I can't even see their headlights in my rear view mirror. I do the speed limit, and sometimes a little bit over (2 or 3 mph, not all that much) and I feel like I'm the only one in this town who knows how to drive like a normal person. Also, people don't turn off their high beams when passing cars going in the opposite direction. I can't see for sh*t at night with my glasses (Transitions lenses, that darken whenever there's bright light) so I have to look over my glasses, and since there's a lot of cars around here with bright ass LED headlights the high beams are horrible and I go blind for a bit. Can't see the road in front of me at all when dicks with their high beams on come towards me.

Anyways, on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving I had to go grocery shopping. Do my shopping, put everything in the car, and go to leave. I got to turn down one of the rows of cars to get to the exit and this lady screeches up in her big ass Chevy Traverse, so I have to slam on the brakes (not that bad when you're doing 10 mph but still) and slowly creep past her barely squeezing by. She gets out and starts pounding on my hood, bitching about how she's gonna call the cops, how I'm a sh*tty driver, and all this other sh*t... She was easily doing 30 in the parking lot and took up more than half of the road with her unnecessarily large SUV. She got back in her car after making sure I didn't scratch it, flipped me off and called me a c*nt (not something I ever imagined I'd hear out of a lady's mouth) then peeled out and promptly hit someone backing out of a parking space. I'm telling you, man, I seem to attract all the sh*tty drivers around here.

And lastly, people who talk on their cellphones while driving. If you talk on the phone or text while driving I automatically call you a f*cking idiot and flip you off. Why? Because here in Massachusetts, it's against the law. And two, how are you gonna feel if you run some kid over because your "bae" or whatever horsesh*t people call their significant other these days texted you and you couldn't wait til you got home to reply and just had to text them? If a kid ever gets hit because the driver is talking on the phone or texting while driving I hope the parents take the driver for everything they have. Seriously, you're driving two tonnes of steel. Get off the goddamn phone and pay attention to the goddamn road!

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

I couldn't agree more about the head lights, but sometimes it's circumstancial. The brightness is a good thing, but equally a pain for on-comers. Worse when you a heading toward a larger vehicle with the lights set higher. There needs to be a law set so the lights are not at windscreen height of other cars. Unfortunately, as I already said, there are circumstancial issues as where I live is hilly and cars cresting a hill will blind you briefly regardless, but what really does grind my gears are dickheads not paying attention to the reflections of oncoming lights against the hedges or the moisture and particles in the air (especially when cresting a hill). There a evident signs of oncoming vehicles that will give warning to dip your beams, but the useless f*ckers just won't pay attention.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

Little explanation: it happened about a year ago on this intersection, there are always lots of cars there, as this avenue connects 3 main roads and highways, residential neighbourhoods, this gas station, and if you go back, there's a Police station about 100m from there.

I was in my dad's car, he was driving, my mom was shotgun and I was in the back, we were comming up to the intersection from the street on the left, (where the Fiat is on Street View) there was a Sedan in front of us and a Ford EcoSport in front of it. The Ford driver ran a red light and was t-boned by a newer Corolla (where this Hylux is), it destroyed the Corolla's front and her driver and passenger doors. The Corolla driver jumped out of his car and started yelling at her, he kicked parts of the cars on the floor, grabbed his front bumper, put it through his passenger window, made an U turn and ran away. 10 seconds later, 2 cops on bikes went chasing after him.

I don't think there was any injuries, but it was weird that the guy hit and run when it was clearly the other driver's fault. Maybe a stolen car?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:06 PM Edited by universetwisters, 24 April 2017 - 03:07 PM.

I'm driving to work and I stop at a stop sign and almost get rear ended by a guy on a scooter. He passes me right as I'm turning and then speeds to his bright yellow house and yells at me to stop. I stop and he's like WHY YOU GOING SO SLOW BRO I ALMOST REAR ENDED YOU and I told him that I was going the limit and he was like I DONT CARE I ALMOST HIT YOU STOP GOING SLOW and I was like "were you going the limit?" and he was like WHO CARES GET OUTTA HERE WITH YOUR GRANNY CAR. And then I tell him that I'd rather drive a granny car than a putt-putt scooter. Then as I drive away he's yelling at me GET THE f*ck BACK HERE AND GET OUT SO I CAN KICK YOUR ASS.

I don't even care who was right, if he was and I was really going that slow and didn't realize it or if I was and he shouldn't have been tailgating me. All I know is that you shouldn't act like a tough guy if you drive a scooter that sounds like a swarm of angry insects wherever you go.

Just a copy paste from facebook. TL;dr some guy tailgates me on a scooter, almost rear ends me, acts like a tough guy even though he drives a scooter.

Milfrah
  • Milfrah

Bad Mommy

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:45 AM Edited by Milfrah, 06 May 2017 - 12:48 AM.

This is really bad but I once chased a dude for a few miles down the expressway because he pissed me off. I'm not proud, okay?

This was about 5 years ago. I was just leaving work and it had been a horribly bad day. I was merging from one e-way to another. Well, I put my blinker on and was preparing to merge left. I looked in my rear view mirror, checked my blind spot, and all was clear (traffic was pretty light) so I started merging when I suddenly hear this honking from behind me and look up to see this guy swerving around me. Honestly don't know where he came from. No one was in the lane when I started merging so he had to have been either going very fast or had just merged into the lane from another at the same time as me. But he slowed down long enough to turn his head and make sure I saw him flicking me off before he sped back up and got all the way over in the far left lane.

And so I just snapped and went after him. He totally could've break-checked me a few times. I could see his face in his rear-view mirror looking back at me and he was wide-eyed freaked the f*ck out. I was flicking him off and throwing my arms up in the air all ridiculously bad-ass "come at me bro"-like. It was horrible. He was trying to get away. He was weaving in and out of traffic, going as fast as he could, trying to escape me but his old rusty 4-banger was no match for my G8 GT. Finally he swerved onto an off-ramp and escaped me.

Ugh. I pulled into a store parking lot after awhile and just sat there shaking and crying at what a psycho I let myself be. I'd never done anything like that, and haven't since except for a half-hearted middle finger now and then. :yawn:

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:38 AM

I've done that before, but only because someone has done something so monumentally stupid as to really deserve it. In this instance it was a ditzy bint in a Mini who pulled out at a Time junction when I was about 100m away from her doing 60, then panicked and stopped entirely blocking my side of the road I had to stand on the brakes and swing into the opposite lane to avoid T-boning her.

Followed her to her destination safely and at a distance, was polite but firm in pointing out that her poor situational awareness nearly killed both of us. She went from aggrieved denial to incredibly apologetic very quickly and the whole thing ended quite amicably.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

So the other day i got dragged into a road rage incident which i had anything to do with me. Let me explain;

I was driving on the Highway at night, on the left lane doing 140km/h (Blue Square), when i reaching a car in front of me (green) that was waiting for the car in front of him (Red) to move over. The red car could perfectly move to the middle lane since there where no cars and it was clear for him to merge, but he didn't like the idiot he is. The green car, decided to tailgate the red car (Something we do here, if you don't move we tailgate you until you move. I believe that most European drivers do that), anyways, Since the green car was tailgating the red car, the red car decided to break check him. I was like 50m away since i just was reaching them, so i when the idiot of the red car, brake checked the green car, i had to do an emergency maneuver and avoid crashing into the green car. He did that again, but this time i was keeping a better distance, and luckily nothing happened.

e73d5c72fa4dc63cfa55fd83cd2726d3o.png

The green car, eventually passed the red car on the right side. I was, not going to let this slide, so i approached the red car, and he brake checked on me. I was furious, so I turned on my Aftermarket high beams (legal), and blinded him. He changed lane to the middle lane, and i passed him not before i honk at him and cursed many things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users