Sorry I've made a huge mistake.
I won't post my track on here again.

Evelz6
  • Evelz6

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:16 PM

I have made it on the streets, but the streets that are clearly laid out for Long Beach (LB) in the game don't quite work. Same goes for Laguna Seca (LS). Not sure why they even bothered to plant them in Los Santos and not have them be accurate.

LS is def in Grapeseed, but it's not really accurate. Part of the LS layout runs through a canal. So I gave up on both and just laid them out over panels. Working on a LS with the correct elevations as well.

AGNT009
  • AGNT009

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:11 PM Edited by AGNT009, 14 March 2017 - 04:03 AM.

PS4

Sonoma Raceway (Infineon Raceway at Sears Point)

Track Link

http://rsg.ms/1ac7242

2_0.jpg

Races 30 cars. 

• Iroquois and JuniorChubb like this

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:31 PM Edited by Iroquois, 15 March 2017 - 01:23 PM.

PS4

Sonoma Raceway (Infineon Raceway at Sears Point)

Track Link

http://rsg.ms/1ac7242

2_0.jpg

Races 30 cars. 

Wowwww!! Nice, I had an infineon raceway under development that is exactly in the same place as in your video! What are the odds, i guess we both knew which location is big enough to fit it. Unfortunately, yours looks much better and feels better than mine. I tried to make it too detailed and exact, forcing me to run out of props. Nice job man.

• AGNT009 likes this

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:51 AM

Rockingham Motor Speedway (UK)

https://socialclub.r...OxUmQGX29sLZQSg

Made on the PS4.

• JuniorChubb likes this

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:17 PM

I've attempted to recreate Suzuka in 1:1 scale. The track is near perfect, all the corners proportioned with each other and track length correct to within 0.1 miles.

Unfortunately I've run out of props for cosmetics. The track is fully functional, just wish we had another 50 props then I could add pitlane and more signage.

http://rsg.ms/4a1bb5c
  • JuniorChubb likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

Unfortunately I've run out of props for cosmetics. The track is fully functional, just wish we had another 50 props then I could add pitlane and more signage.

How well I know that feeling...
  • Iroquois, Squirrel__Army and ReRo like this

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:41 PM

I've noticed that we still haven't received all the new props in the update so far so I'm hoping for an increase in props for races at least if they give us the other new props

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

I've noticed that we still haven't received all the new props in the update so far so I'm hoping for an increase in props for races at least if they give us the other new props

I got mine on Tuesday, and I had a few before that with some dodgy editing...

If you are hoping to get a boost for traditional race tracks don't get your hopes up, there are a few but they just don't fit well.

If you want some black building blocks & tubes with flashing neon lights in them then you are in for a treat. ;)

• Squirrel__Army likes this

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing what people in this thread can create especially now we have the sloping track sections. Far easier to create courses such as Spa.

If anyone is up for the challenge I'm looking for a list of courses to use in an upcoming race series. 

• Circuit de Catalunya
  • Circuit de Monaco
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Silverstone
  • Hungaroring
  • Spa-Francorchamps
  • Monza
  • Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez

This thread is a great source of real world tracks and will be using many of them in playlists. 

• Mervz789 likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing what people in this thread can create especially now we have the sloping track sections. Far easier to create courses such as Spa.

If anyone is up for the challenge I'm looking for a list of courses to use in an upcoming race series. 

• Circuit de Catalunya
  • Circuit de Monaco
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Silverstone
  • Hungaroring
  • Spa-Francorchamps
  • Monza

This thread is a great source of real world tracks and will be using many of them in playlists. 

I'll post the Monza details here Squirrel, its not mind blowing due to prop limitations, scale is not great but the layout is pretty close and all transitions are smooth as a babies bottom.

ReRo
  • ReRo

Thug

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

It really is a shame we can only use 150 props. If the limit was higher I'd be doing a lot of tracks. I love making them but I don't want to do it if I can't add some scenery as well. Imagine what people could do if the limit was double that or even 500+. You could make some tracks that would look identical to their real counterparts.

I've attempted to recreate Suzuka in 1:1 scale. The track is near perfect, all the corners proportioned with each other and track length correct to within 0.1 miles.

Track looks dead on. Nice work.

There's only one problem in doing the tracks in 1:1 scale. Due to the low top speed limit in GTA, you can take most corners full throttle which makes them boring.

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

It really is a shame we can only use 150 props. If the limit was higher I'd be doing a lot of tracks. I love making them but I don't want to do it if I can't add some scenery as well. Imagine what people could do if the limit was double that or even 500+. You could make some tracks that would look identical to their real counterparts.

Track looks dead on. Nice work.

There's only one problem in doing the tracks in 1:1 scale. Due to the low top speed limit in GTA, you can take most corners full throttle which makes them boring.

The limit should really be the model memory and not the number of props. As long as you're not using high poly objects there shouldn't really be a low limit on props.

I know what you mean about the speed limits. The track does make for some close pack racing with slipstream and catch up on. 

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:27 PM

How do you guys scale and plot the track so you get accurate length and radius for the turns? I'd like to make Willow Springs in Rosamond, CA which shouldnt be too hard since it's in the California desert and there's not a lot of "furniture" off track. I'd like to set it by Sandy Shores air field and I don't want to accidentally make it too small or too big. 

Mythaga
  • Mythaga

Grumpy, sarcastic Yorkshireman.

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

• Circuit de Catalunya
  • Circuit de Monaco
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Silverstone
  • Hungaroring
  • Spa-Francorchamps
  • Monza

I did actually start silverstone but never finished it as it's simply too long and boring in GTA world.

My best 'real' track would be Thruxton v2 so check that out if you need a UK track :-)
  • JuniorChubb likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:44 PM Edited by JuniorChubb, 23 March 2017 - 06:48 PM.

How do you guys scale and plot the track so you get accurate length and radius for the turns? I'd like to make Willow Springs in Rosamond, CA which shouldnt be too hard since it's in the California desert and there's not a lot of "furniture" off track. I'd like to set it by Sandy Shores air field and I don't want to accidentally make it too small or too big. 

I use the checkpoints to measure out distance.

If you can place the starting grid in a suitable place, when you place the second checkpoint it will tell you the distance of the race. When you are done delete all checkpoints and use the same system to measure another part of the track.

You can also use this technique to measure the length of certain props then use that as a guide when building in the future.

I have used this technique to build 1/4 mile and half mile drag strips. When building race tracks though I am not too concerned with scale, more with the look and feel.

As for turn radius etc, I would go with Google maps and judge by eye, not perfect but with advanced placement and rotation you can get pretty close.

Hope this helps.

• Beez likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

Its about time I posted some tracks rather than just threatening too...

First up, a remake of Monza.

I have had this siting in my saved jobs for a while. I hit the prop limit and was wondering how I could free up some more props. Rather than dwelling on it I thought sod it, just publish it.

Not perfect by any means, the chicanes could be a little tighter but, needs a lot more trees and the grand stands are a little sparse, but IMO its good enough to publish. As usual it is not to scale but follows the layout pretty closely.

RSC: http://rsg.ms/6170e35

• el carlitos, Squirrel__Army, ReRo and 1 other like this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:04 PM Edited by JuniorChubb, 23 March 2017 - 08:06 PM.

And here is another one...

I posted a version of the Top Gear Test Track a while ago, it was a little shorts so I flipped the track around and built it facing the other way in Ft Zancudo. Now it feels a lot more like it is supposed to.

Hammerhead, Gambon, the Follow through are all there and recognisable. The airfeild really helps with the wider sections of the track, racing is advised on non-contact due to the cross over point. As usual environment hampers accuracy but improves aesthetics.

If you know the layout you should like this, if not you might just think WTF!!! The regulars at the Van Society Top Gear Nights know this one pretty well, it is often used as it was intended... for hot lappin to find the best in class.

RSC: http://rsg.ms/307c64d

• ReRo likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

Guess what... here is another one :)

A bit of fun this time. This is Arena Essex, a banger racing track in good old Essex. I created this for the Banger Racing Night Mythaga ran a few weeks ago. It works best with no rules racing and lots of players.

Again not to scale but very close to the look and feel of the track, it's small and there is nowhere to hide! I was hitting 14 second laps in the Vigero, so put the laps up high and have some fun.

RSC: http://rsg.ms/e339eaf

• Claude4Catalina likes this

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:18 AM

Its about time I posted some tracks rather than just threatening too...

First up, a remake of Monza.

I have had this siting in my saved jobs for a while. I hit the prop limit and was wondering how I could free up some more props. Rather than dwelling on it I thought sod it, just publish it.

Not perfect by any means, the chicanes could be a little tighter but, needs a lot more trees and the grand stands are a little sparse, but IMO its good enough to publish. As usual it is not to scale but follows the layout pretty closely.

RSC: http://rsg.ms/6170e35

Monza looks and drives great, only problem with it is that it's limited to a grid of 16. Can you squeeze any more cars on to the track? 

• JuniorChubb and Mervz789 like this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

Monza looks and drives great, only problem with it is that it's limited to a grid of 16. Can you squeeze any more cars on to the track?

No problem Squirrel, a bit of jiggery pokery should get that sorted. :)
  • Squirrel__Army and Mervz789 like this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

Changed the grid to 30 players, its a bit tight. I have had to go with rows of 3 and even then the last car spawns on the rumble strip.

I could fit 30 players in but would have to move the start line a lot further forward, I don't really want to do this with my job but am more than happy to save a copy, republish it and make whatever changes you need for the event.

Here is a pic of the back of the grid with the player spawning on the rumble strip, I would guess its not relevant as you may be rearranging the grids anyway.

C72_XfmWkAAsZ9a.jpg

• Squirrel__Army and Mervz789 like this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:11 AM Edited by FR_Player-One, 27 March 2017 - 10:12 AM.

Screw being on scale in GTA lol
Personnally I watch lot of races and laps (on board if available) and my tracks are based on driving rythm rather than 1:1 scale.
(ex: if a straight line takes 5 sec to drive on IRL -with an average race car- I'll try to make it 5 sec long in GTA, even tho due to limitations in GTA it will be shorter than IRL)

That would be my... little tip ^^

I need to update the first post of this thread, I will do it once I'm not lazy anymore lol

Glad to see new tracks around here :) @JuniorChubb, your new ones are great.

(I've actually worked on Monza myself, but didn't complete it)

I wouldn't mind too much the 30 players grid starting on the rumble, for the amount of times there will be 28 cars on the tracks, I think it's ok if it's not "on" the track really.

• Beez, ReRo and JuniorChubb like this

ReRo
  • ReRo

Thug

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:29 PM Edited by ReRo, 27 March 2017 - 07:31 PM.

Screw being on scale in GTA lol
Personnally I watch lot of races and laps (on board if available) and my tracks are based on driving rythm rather than 1:1 scale.
(ex: if a straight line takes 5 sec to drive on IRL -with an average race car- I'll try to make it 5 sec long in GTA, even tho due to limitations in GTA it will be shorter than IRL)

That would be my... little tip ^^

I need to update the first post of this thread, I will do it once I'm not lazy anymore lol

I wouldn't mind too much the 30 players grid starting on the rumble, for the amount of times there will be 28 cars on the tracks, I think it's ok if it's not "on" the track really.

Good tip that. I only once tried making a track 1:1. It was Interlagos (next to Spa my favorite track in F1) and I learned my lesson about halfway through lol. I completely agree it's all about rhythm.

@JuniorChubb

tried out Monza, drives very well, all corners are very close to reality. Obviously, it's impossible to recreate the first chicane, but you did a good job on it. Parts around Lesmo and Parabolica are great.

All this talk made me want to do another one as well. Need to find one that's possible to squeeze inside the 150 prop limit on a smaller scale.

• JuniorChubb likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:56 PM Edited by JuniorChubb, 27 March 2017 - 07:56 PM.

Thanks Fr, luckily you're right 30 players don't roll around to often.

tried out Monza, drives very well, all corners are very close to reality. Obviously, it's impossible to recreate the first chicane, but you did a good job on it. Parts around Lesmo and Parabolica are great.

All this talk made me want to do another one as well. Need to find one that's possible to squeeze inside the 150 prop limit on a smaller scale.

Thanks Re, I chose it as it one of the few tracks I know without looking at a map (same as Top Gear and Arena Essex). Pretty happy with the Monza layout, its those damn props for scenery that are lacking... I want more tress!!!!!!
  • Mervz789 likes this

ReRo
  • ReRo

Thug

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

Thanks Re, I chose it as it one of the few tracks I know without looking at a map (same as Top Gear and Arena Essex). Pretty happy with the Monza layout, its those damn props for scenery that are lacking... I want more tress!!!!!!

Haha, I want more trees too! The scenery is the tricky part, that's why it's important where the track is placed. Even a bump from 150 to 200 would do wonders. You did well by using the airport for some extra surroundings.

Forgot to comment on the Top Geat Track, man that one is super nice too. One of the best real-life tracks in GTA no doubt. White lines on the ground, cones, tires and all that makes it feel real.

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:08 PM Edited by JuniorChubb, 27 March 2017 - 09:08 PM.

Haha, I want more trees too! The scenery is the tricky part, that's why it's important where the track is placed. Even a bump from 150 to 200 would do wonders. You did well by using the airport for some extra surroundings.

Forgot to comment on the Top Geat Track, man that one is super nice too. One of the best real-life tracks in GTA no doubt. White lines on the ground, cones, tires and all that makes it feel real.

I use the Top Gear Test Track a lot in my Top Gear nights so it had to be good. Like you say location is key and the real track is on an airfield. If you know the track its pretty close, if you don't know it though, first few laps you probably think WTF!!!

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:25 AM

The details for my race series using these real world tracks are now up. Hopefully between us we can create the other tracks needed for the series. 

http://gtaforums.com...ister-supercup/

Catalunya is the first event, I do have one under construction but would be great to see what you guys can come up with.

ReRo
  • ReRo

Thug

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:36 PM Edited by ReRo, 31 March 2017 - 12:09 PM.

Finally made a new track. Autódromo Internacional do Algarve or simply just Portimao Circuit. Really liked the track when I saw it on The Grand Tour when Clarkson, May, and Hammond used McLaren P1, Porsche 918, and LaFerrari.

Those that know the track, the terrain is quite up and down but due to the prop limit, I wasn't able to re-create it. I've only done it on the main straight. It's 1.5 miles (2.5 kilometers) in length, lap times are between 1 minute and 1 minute 10 seconds, depending on the class you use.

I've also included a pit lane which unfortunately isn't usable because it goes past the start/finish.

Link (PS4): http://rsg.ms/e5f3ad2

2_0.jpg

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:00 PM Edited by FR_Player-One, 30 March 2017 - 03:02 PM.

I've updated and reworked the first post...

I knew I was right to be lazy about it, this was long and painful. F*ck me for being a perfectionist lol

Anyway, everything should be in a good order now, including all your latest tracks
  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users