- Real Life Tracks Recreations / Remakes

266 replies to this topic
Mr Grandis
  • Mr Grandis

Scratch Here: ███████

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:24 AM

God damn when those road sections spaz out and go into an insane spin. This certainly isn't easy to get something of the standard I'm aiming for.

Yeah, I had them do that as well, and sometimes I get teleported in the city (to a very specific street). I don't know what's up with that... but it's annoying.
Sometimes they "flicker" (is that the right word) like crazy, too.

I have too experienced this, just avoid using both prop clipping and prop snapping, sometimes when both of them are "on" you get teleport to somewhere in the city and your props start spin like crazy.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

Those advanced placement options are a godsned though. I played around with the editor a lot yesterday,  made plenty of concept pieces just as a learning experience. Havn't made anything propper yet though.

Making actual stunt races is easy enough, but making actual race circuits of a decent quality is painstaking.

Shad0w_Sc4l3
  • Shad0w_Sc4l3

Just your average GTA Player.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:31 AM

So Prop snapping and the extruded road works for normal race too?

Using any of the new props turns your race into a Stunt Race.

Yeah, at least you can edit your previous existing races and add the new props.
Even tho it changes to "stunt race".

A shame that we can't remove light posts etc tho >< dammit R*

Damn it, I edited the Nurburgring before I read the replies

Apparently it has turned into a stunt track lol

edit:
I have updated one of my tracks - Suzuka Circuit, guys please try it out, its really hard to make those snap props listen to you lol

2_0.jpg

Platform: PS4
Game Mode: Stunt Race (Caused by the stunt props)
Players: 1-30

Link: https://socialclub.r...BokGbv2ZHhr0awQ

Just tried out your race and I've gotta say you've done very well. Even though the straight is longer and the rest of the track is more bunched up together, I give this track a 9/10 :)

Shad0w_Sc4l3
  • Shad0w_Sc4l3

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

Not really a "track" per se, but I'd love to see mountain drift roads.

25594628.jpg

061f74ff6f35aac12c7619fad187f99b.jpg

oqgn0iyotqrrq9zkcrzj.jpg

And old Top Gear track.

I could see someone using Mt.Chiliad for the downhilll drifts...

Also what's the old Top Gear Track?

APCgames100
  • APCgames100

Also known as MGgames100. Not MC, MG... Heli- and APCsexual

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Concept 2016 [Tuner DLC]

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:09 PM Edited by MGgames100, 03 August 2016 - 12:11 PM.

~SNIP~

The Chiliad is too bumpy and is too narrow and there are only few coreners to do anything.
The old Top Gear track is the one before Chris "I touched few women and I cannot be funny at all" Evans made this sh*tty off road section with "water splash"
  • Skeve613 and Shad0w_Sc4l3 like this

Mr Grandis
  • Mr Grandis

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:19 PM

Not really a "track" per se, but I'd love to see mountain drift roads.

-snip-

And old Top Gear track.

The new props are not very friendly to make hairpin turns...

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

XDBX

• Members
  • France
  • GTAF Time Trials Champion 2016
    GTAF Time Trials Spring Champion 2016
    Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:34 PM

Albert Park :

https://socialclub.r...zkm88h3BeJZASw#

Mount Panorama Bathurst :

https://socialclub.r...g?platformId=11

Val de Vienne :

https://socialclub.r...w?platformId=11

• Beez and ReRo like this

Melancholy Angel
  • Melancholy Angel

The Angel of Kanjyo

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

Someone should create Watkins Glen International, one of my favorite track since I drove on it the first time in Forza 6.

Mr Grandis
  • Mr Grandis

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:52 PM Edited by Mr Grandis, 03 August 2016 - 07:00 PM.

So Prop snapping and the extruded road works for normal race too?

Using any of the new props turns your race into a Stunt Race.

Yeah, at least you can edit your previous existing races and add the new props.
Even tho it changes to "stunt race".

A shame that we can't remove light posts etc tho >< dammit R*

Damn it, I edited the Nurburgring before I read the replies

Apparently it has turned into a stunt track lol

edit:
I have updated one of my tracks - Suzuka Circuit, guys please try it out, its really hard to make those snap props listen to you lol

Platform: PS4
Game Mode: Stunt Race (Caused by the stunt props)
Players: 1-30

Link: https://socialclub.r...BokGbv2ZHhr0awQ

Just tried out your race and I've gotta say you've done very well. Even though the straight is longer and the rest of the track is more bunched up together, I give this track a 9/10 :)

I have made a shorter version for you :D

https://socialclub.r...k9kCOmxS_MoXAhg

IOivh32.png

I am still not too keen on the hover track but thats the closest it can get using the streets  :)

• Shad0w_Sc4l3 likes this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Helmut's European Autos Official Photographer

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

I'm still experimenting with this, but I'm not a superb race creator. I want to make some simple IRL tracks, like Daytona International Speedway, or some local tracks like Sebring International, but for now I have this race I made that I've been experimenting with. Not a recreation of sorts, but for those who have prop space and want to try some aesthetics let me know what you think of my "grand stands" :p

Tangle Down

Xbox One

http://rsg.ms/9e3eeae

• BenStone and Quadro like this

Mr Grandis
  • Mr Grandis

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:17 PM Edited by Mr Grandis, 03 August 2016 - 07:17 PM.

I'm still experimenting with this, but I'm not a superb race creator. I want to make some simple IRL tracks, like Daytona International Speedway, or some local tracks like Sebring International, but for now I have this race I made that I've been experimenting with. Not a recreation of sorts, but for those who have prop space and want to try some aesthetics let me know what you think of my "grand stands" :p

Tangle Down

Xbox One

That photo is incredible :D sadly i can't play this on ps4

ReRo
  • ReRo

Thug

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

Tried out Albert Park and Val de Vienne.

Really liked Val de Vienne, like how you made hairpin turns, gave me some ideas too. And Albert Park is also nice, very close to the real thing mate. ;)

• Fido_le_muet likes this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Helmut's European Autos Official Photographer

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:46 PM

Tangle Down

Xbox One

Well thank you :) I tried to make it look like stands as best as I could, but with the track sitting so low it is difficult to get them to lay out properly without the terrain jacking the ramps up.

Shad0w_Sc4l3
  • Shad0w_Sc4l3

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:52 PM Edited by Shad0w_Sc4l3, 04 August 2016 - 01:16 AM.

~SNIP~

The Chiliad is too bumpy and is too narrow and there are only few coreners to do anything.
The old Top Gear track is the one before Chris "I touched few women and I cannot be funny at all" Evans made this sh*tty off road section with "water splash"

I was thinking of someone using the new props and turns going downhill sorta like the Stunt:Chiliad race but a Downhill Drift version

About the Top Gear track, I'll have a shot at it. 

also screw Evans for ruining it (good thing he quit)

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:22 AM

So far I've managed to layout Tsukuba Circuit (I'd say) pretty well, tho it's not up to my standard lol but it's alright. I did what I could.

Funny thing is, it feels a lot bigger than the real life version, yet it is shorter, as I can achieve times of 40sec per lap without any effort.

The track (roads bits) itself is done, but now I got all the backdrop, security walls etc around the track to do.
Sadly I won't be able to play much for this week.
But it's coming along nicely. I will make sure to share it once fully done.

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

XDBX

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

Top Gear Test Track :

https://socialclub.r...A?platformId=11

Absolut
  • Absolut

Homie

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:38 AM

This thread is starting to be awesome! Need to try those ps4 tracks, they seem great!
How long is the ringroad around the island in the game? 15-miles, more or less? So most of the tracks should cover an area from Chiliad to Vinewood Hills, roughly, maybe a bit more. Considering the low top speed achievable, could it be better to scale it down, by quite a bit?
I am not being rude, and I have not tried any of the tracks - hell, i got so excited that i didn't even read all of the posts here! But i have a gut feeling that by making tracks shorter (to keep it flowing), and elevation changes bigger, there could be some really great tracks to be made. Driving physics are somewhat closer to Mario Kart, maybe tracks should be, too.

Mr Grandis
  • Mr Grandis

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:47 AM Edited by Mr Grandis, 04 August 2016 - 10:27 AM.

This thread is starting to be awesome! Need to try those ps4 tracks, they seem great!
How long is the ringroad around the island in the game? 15-miles, more or less? So most of the tracks should cover an area from Chiliad to Vinewood Hills, roughly, maybe a bit more. Considering the low top speed achievable, could it be better to scale it down, by quite a bit?
I am not being rude, and I have not tried any of the tracks - hell, i got so excited that i didn't even read all of the posts here! But i have a gut feeling that by making tracks shorter (to keep it flowing), and elevation changes bigger, there could be some really great tracks to be made. Driving physics are somewhat closer to Mario Kart, maybe tracks should be, too.

Elevation changes are the hardest to make, you can easily make a flat surface and have an incline instantly, but its hard to make it flow smoothly.

Also the elevated tracks in the middle of the sky have 0/10 immersion and aesthetic in my opinion... 

Edit: typo
  • dimitrispgr and symphonight like this

djdest
  • djdest

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:00 AM

Have a look at mine here:
http://gtaforums.com...s/?p=1068988727

It fits in with what you want, a Mario kart style track that isn't floating in the sky.

I specifically wanted it to be part of the location as it makes them so much better.

As above, inclines are hard, I really hope in the future they add some sections that allow smooth adjustable  transitions 

• Mr Grandis likes this

Mr Grandis
  • Mr Grandis

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:38 AM

Have a look at mine here:
http://gtaforums.com...s/?p=1068988727

It fits in with what you want, a Mario kart style track that isn't floating in the sky.
I specifically wanted it to be part of the location as it makes them so much better.
As above, inclines are hard, I really hope in the future they add some sections that allow smooth adjustable  transitions 

That's exactly what i meant, sceanary are very important, that is what makes the track special for the most part.

Imagine SPA are floated in the sky not inside the forrest and without the elevations. Even if the layout and length matches woth the real track, its not special anymore.

Shad0w_Sc4l3
  • Shad0w_Sc4l3

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

oh wow that was quick. I'll try it out later.

Mr Grandis
  • Mr Grandis

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:54 PM

Just discover that if you set a certain race type in the creator e.g. Standard, non-contact or GTA

You cannot switch to other type when you're in the job lobby....

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

XDBX

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:10 PM

Norisring :

https://socialclub.r...A?platformId=11

• Mr Grandis likes this

STANCEDBOSS
  • STANCEDBOSS

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:39 PM Edited by STANCEDBOSS, 05 August 2016 - 09:15 AM.

[PC ONLY]

Today I've made a quick recreation of Ebisu (Drift variant). Tomorrow I'll make a completely new version more accurate:

2_0.jpg

https://socialclub.r...2OkGj3BypD8yWZQ

• Dead>*.*<Cat likes this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:20 PM Edited by FR_Player-One, 04 August 2016 - 08:20 PM.

Today I've made a quick recreation of Ebisu (Drift variant). Tomorrow I'll make a completely new version more accurate:

https://socialclub.r...2OkGj3BypD8yWZQ

Please mention your platform when posting a race.

(same for Fido_le_muet )

Have you managed elevation changes or is it basically flat ?

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

XDBX

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:42 PM

All my tracks are PS4.

I'll mention that in the future.

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    Best Event 2016 [Van Society Time Trials 2016]
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:52 AM Edited by doubleg213, 05 August 2016 - 08:08 AM.

Only one close to a real track I have done so far, distance wise the early part is fairly accurate as is the very last part of the lap but the section with the chicane I had to compromise a little to line everything up.

Croft Circuit which is used in the British Touring Car Championship amongst other things.

PS4 only so far. 

http://rsg.ms/dbb8c30

Going to try Fidos tracks this morning, if Norisring is accurate you've saved me a massive job as I've been working on an idea of doing DTM tracks for quite a while now. :)

Seeing that pic by Mr Grandis explains Suzuka now, I ran it and was just thinking well it's miles out, but hadn't realised you had flipped it over. 

• Fido_le_muet, AGNT009 and Shad0w_Sc4l3 like this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:26 AM Edited by JuniorChubb, 05 August 2016 - 09:27 AM.

Only one close to a real track I have done so far, distance wise the early part is fairly accurate as is the very last part of the lap but the section with the chicane I had to compromise a little to line everything up.

Croft Circuit which is used in the British Touring Car Championship amongst other things.

PS4 only so far. 

http://rsg.ms/dbb8c30

Going to try Fidos tracks this morning, if Norisring is accurate you've saved me a massive job as I've been working on an idea of doing DTM tracks for quite a while now. :)

Seeing that pic by Mr Grandis explains Suzuka now, I ran it and was just thinking well it's miles out, but hadn't realised you had flipped it over. 

I was just going to pm you a link to this thread, then hey presto you appear at the end of it...   :lol:

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Event 2016 [Van Society Time Trials 2016]

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:32 AM

I'm like Pepe Le Pew, you head over and there I am standing right in front of you.

Has anyone got a link to the Monaco track on the previous page, be interested to run it and see how if feels. 

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:20 PM

I'm like Pepe Le Pew

You stink and you spend your life sexually harassing women who are not interested in you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users