Photo

- Real Life Tracks Recreations / Remakes

306 replies to this topic
FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:58 AM Edited by FR_Player-One, 30 March 2017 - 03:04 PM.

Hey Buddies :)

Just like I am, I'm sure many of you are, (if not fans) at least interested in some racing disciplines in real life.
And maybe you would like to see some of your favorites racing tracks in GTA Online. Now that we are free from being forced to build on the ground, one of them is to recreate real life tracks from real life racing.

This thread solely focuses on real life tracks (and various remakes), NO "original" ones.

That can include recreations of fictional racetracks found in other video games (example : Gran Turismo).

TicketsGPBarcelona_4.jpg

(Circuit de Catalunya - Barcelona, Spain)

The objectives of this thread :

The objective is therefore to discuss this topic (thanks captain obvious), to allow people to share their creations, permitting other players who are looking for this kind of tracks to find them easily.

But remember, as creators, the objective is also to help each other build them, and overcome the issues we could encounter with the Content Creator while we're building them. Considering that some tracks could be really challenging to put together if we want to be as accurate as possible.

Another objective is to make the best recreations / remakes possible in the end. For that, put selfishness aside.

If two, or more, of you plan on making one particular race track (on the same platform), either talk to each other and decide which one of you will make it, or both of you make it but after you're done with it, test it, choose the best one and seek improvement with each other's advice.

Know that we will only keep one of these two in the end. We don't need 55 Daytona remakes, 53 of them being badly made and/or having problems, you know what I mean.

If there is two identical tracks without consensus, I will have to decide myself which one is the best overall and only include this one in this thread.

The final goal being to have a set of very good and well made (the most accurately done possible / the most faithful to their real life counterpart) tracks at our disposal (our = we the players / racers), that we can enjoy and play with our crew or friends.
"Who" built them shouldn't matter. Do not seek "plays, likes, fame" (it won't make any difference in your life, and in some time you'll realize how useless it is). And no d*ck fights over who's the best creator or whatnot.

We only compete during the race. Just enjoy the game and make the best of it :)

Random Infos, Tips and Advices :

- Using any Stunt props will turn your race into a "Stunt Race".

- The "Stunt" special physics is applied to vehicles during standard contact stunt races and no other game mode (apparently). Be aware of that.

- Save your progress as often as possible ! Think you don't need to save ? Let the game boot you back to Online for no reason and make you lose several hours of progress without a warning. Save more than necessary !

- Do not neglect the "advanced options" feature. It takes longer but it's very usefull to precisely place props, make new angles for turns etc.

- Make sure to spend some time and prop budget on the scenery, as much as you can (once you're happy with the actual track). Rather than letting the track float in mid air. The minimum should be to put large block underneath and in between the roads.

- Avoid tubes, jumps, etc that would not fit IRL racing tracks.

- The more immersive it is, the better. You basically want it to be... :

Spoiler

- Any other tips, advices ? Feel free to share them  :)

Thank you !

mclaren_mp4_12c_supercar_track_racing_pa

List of Tracks available :

When introducing / posting your track, a picture or a video is welcome. And please always mention your platform.

The list of tracks below are not necessarily "verified" or approved by anyone. They may not be up to my or your standard.
I only put them here at your disposal. You make your own opinion. They are arranged by country / category.

NOTE : Whenever I update this list, The Newest tracks will be signaled by a *NEW* sign next to them. This will last until the next serious update.

Playstation 4 :

(JP) TSUKUBA Circuit 

Spoiler

Spoiler

(Gran Turismo, JP) TOKYO R246 

(Gran Turismo, JP) SPECIAL STAGE Route 5 

(Gran Turismo, USA, NY) NEW YORK Circuit 

(Gran Turismo, USA, WA) SEATTLE Circuit 

(Gran Turismo, FR) OPERA Paris 

(Gran Turismo, CN) HONG KONG 

(Gran Turismo, KR) SEOUL CENTRAL 

XBox One :

(MC) MONACO (Cote d'Azur) 

Spoiler

(UK) DONINGTON PARK (Moto GP) 

PC :

(JP) TSUKUBA Circuit 

(JP) EBISU (Drift Variant) 

Spoiler

Grid-Girls-UK-supplied-GT-Grid-Girls-01.

• Crimie Marston, Arms Dealer, Squirrel__Army and 8 others like this

Mr. Larson
  • Mr. Larson

Homeboy

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:42 PM Edited by Martins Matraze, 28 July 2016 - 01:42 PM.

I'll give it a quick start with a very nice recreation of Monaco. Not mine though, but I know the track will be improved after the stunt race creator launch. 
It's already pretty good and my favorite track made with the new props so far. PS4. Of course.
http://rsg.ms/5c99bfe

I'm looking forward for Spa, but don't really want it to be in the sky. 

• Mervz789 likes this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:56 PM Edited by FR_Player-One, 28 July 2016 - 02:05 PM.

^I will be happy to check it out once updated, after the Creator is out !
Make sure to update your post with your new track then.

I was thinking about ways of using other props to cover the water (or anything) below the tracks, to avoid as much as possible "breaking the immersion". Any tips on this subject is (will be) welcome as well.

• reform likes this

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:04 PM Edited by reform, 28 July 2016 - 03:05 PM.

I have to agree that a huge priority for me will be the scenery/setting. Making a totally accurate coppy of a track layout, but having it float above nothing/water/whatever is of no interest to me.

I'm looking forward to the tracks that most effectively use the tools we have to make the tracks feel like they were always there. Like they belong in the environment where they are set.

I don't mind if a circuit layout is not 100% accurate so long as the setting feels right and doesn't look awkward/unrealistic.

From some of the stunt races released so far, it seems like the removal of lamp posts and other street furnature is at least partially possible. This is great news for street circuit remakes!

Tracks I'm most interested in playing or making would be:

Nurburgring

Monza

Singapore

Any typical Nascar ring

Silverstone

Sarthe

Abu Dhabi

Baku

Guilles Villeneuve

Pikes Peak

• dimitrispgr, FR_Player-One, Strikeslip and 1 other like this

MrGrandis
  • MrGrandis

Scratch Here: ███████

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:39 AM

Definitely will remake tracks like Nurburgring, Nurburgring GP, Suzuka Circuit, Macau Guia, Monaco, Silverstone.

But making it hover above ground just makes no sense and destroy what makes the track special in real life.

I am waiting to see the possibility to completely close a street circuit and remove lampposts. Would be even better if we could remove trees, too.

• Iroquois, Cratoz and Mervz789 like this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

I totally agree. And that's why I talked about locations to use ^^

It's cerainly not pleasing (for non-stunt races) to have a track hovering or being mid air...

That said, it might be our best option if we don't want to limit the possibilities. Mixing hovering parts, ground sections, and with a clever use of other props to hide the fact that it's hovering, of course.

We're still unsure as if we have access to stunt props for the classic race creator (hopefully...) or not.
Removing lampposts seems possible (we'll see if they give us the option to), but I highly doubt we will be able to remove any elements with no physic attached to them (that are part of the map basically), that include trees, and wood poles.

On a side note, I'm undecided about what track to make/remake, as I don't really have much time to spend playing, and therefore even less building. But I will certainly try some things. ^^
I'll be happy to play / test any recreations, but I'm particularly interested in any formula 1 grand prix tracks.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Homeboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:01 AM

Best believe I'm making some Mario Kart track recreations...

MGgames100
  • MGgames100

MG, not MC...

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Concept 2016 [Tuner DLC]
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:44 AM

Not really a "track" per se, but I'd love to see mountain drift roads.

25594628.jpg

061f74ff6f35aac12c7619fad187f99b.jpg

oqgn0iyotqrrq9zkcrzj.jpg

And old Top Gear track.

• MrGrandis, Iroquois, Tofu86_ and 3 others like this

V4S
  • V4S

🌸 N°1 sǝɹɐɔ 🌸

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:18 AM

Laguna Seca and Tsukuba Circuit!

• The Happy Clown, alkaline_ and Mervz789 like this

PoisonedGas
  • PoisonedGas

Remember to square your shoulders

• Van Society
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:44 AM

I'd love to see Mt. Panorama
  • Tofu86_, Touge Spirit Leader and Korath54 like this

Mervz789
  • Mervz789

Old name was Shad0w_Sc4l3

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:59 AM

Just naming some of my favourite tracks I would love to see.

Curcuit de la Sarthe

Twin Ring Motegi

Tokyo R246

From the Gran Turismo Series:

Autumn Ring

Deep Forest Raceway

Grand Valley Speedway

Trial Mountain Circuit

Apricot Hill Raceway

Whoever recreates these, You sir are a legend.

• Rotary likes this

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

Don't forget Test Course

The only bad thing will be, if you thought you had to wade through a pile of s*** last time to find some gems, wait till this hits. But then again, the gems will be all the more beautiful too. 

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:23 AM Edited by FR_Player-One, 01 August 2016 - 02:59 PM.

A reply for everybody ! ^^ 

Spoiler
 lol

Best believe I'm making some Mario Kart track recreations...

I can bet some Mario Kart tracks will be remade lol

Not really a "track" per se, but I'd love to see mountain drift roads.
-snip-
And old Top Gear track.

That would be cool, I don't know if it's possible tho.

Not specially a recreation also but I was thinking about RallyCross style of tracks as well.

Yes ! Laguna Seca might be complicated to remake but that's one of my favorite too :)

Hey I will give a try to recreating Tsukuba Circuit myself.
With its size and relative simplicity, it might be a good creator exercise for me, considering the lack of time I can invest building tracks lol

I'd love to see Mt. Panorama

Good one, don't know if possible either.

Just naming some of my favourite tracks I would love to see.
Curcuit de la Sarthe
Twin Ring Motegi
Tokyo R246

From the Gran Turismo Series:
Autumn Ring
Deep Forest Raceway
Grand Valley Speedway
Trial Mountain Circuit
Apricot Hill Raceway

Whoever recreates these, You sir are a legend.

Yep, I have nothing to add ! lol
You named some of my very favorites, especially the ones from Gran Turismo :)

Don't forget Test Course

The only bad thing will be, if you thought you had to wade through a pile of s*** last time to find some gems, wait till this hits. But then again, the gems will be all the more beautiful too.

Problem is, it may be boring in GTA. You reach top speed way too fast, and it's way too slow for a track like this... this long, or you would have to shorten it quite a lot.
I was thinking Daytona could be cool tho. It's shorter I believe.

• V4S and Mervz789 like this

ReRo
  • ReRo

Thug

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:13 PM

I'll definitely try to recreate Monaco by using that tunnel next to Del Perro Pier, it's similar in length and has a light right bend. Interlagos is another track I'd like to replicate, but I worry about how to make the track seem open, don't want to have fences all around the track all the time, so that's an issue. Not a problem for Monaco, but definitely for all other race tracks. We'll see how it goes, cant wait for tomorrow.

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:29 PM

Bah, apparantly, street props, at this time, can't be removed in the stunt creator (Even though some R* created stunt races have removed lamp posts etc.)

That's a bit of a shame.

• Mervz789 likes this

Moozze
  • Moozze

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:04 PM

If the new creator features actually allow for it, I would definitely have a go at some old school tracks like Monza, Silverstone, Monaco, Spa Franchorchamps, Laguna Seca, Montreal, Suzuka, Snetterton, Zolder and then there's the other stuff like WRC type races or rally cross or Pikes Peak or NASCAR or WEC or Moto GP or ... or ... Bloody hell, the list is just endless! Choices, choices ... :blink:

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:19 PM Edited by the nameless, 01 August 2016 - 11:31 PM.

Whatever it brings, I will difinately be trying to make Laguna Seca.  I'm kind of inbetween with regards to floating tracks vs realistic look.  I'd be happy to play a close recreation of a track with correct corner angles and elevation changes if it's floating, but I'd be also ok with playing tracks that take small creative liberties in order to get the most accurate features. 

I tried a Monaco recreation in the standard creator, focusing on certain features, mainly following the hairpin with the tunnel, and the tunnel exit into the chicane.  I think I'd rather have it in the air if it meant I could better recreate the hairpin on a downhill and have real apexes.  This is mine from the ps3 creations thread http://rsg.ms/3c3ec71

http://gtaforums.com...entry1067504519

If the new update allows for recreations, I hope the creators will have the sense to add their name to it or a signature mark of somekind, because there is no doubt that someone will make a great Monaco or Laguna Seca, but there will be hundreds of them, so if you see a race invite for "Monaco" you will accept it thinking it might be that great one I played, but probably won't.  Where as if you get an invite for "Monaco (by Moozze)"  you will know it's the good one.  (Moozze was just the name above the reply box, used as an example).

• Mervz789 likes this

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Schafter V12 Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:33 PM Edited by dimitrispgr, 01 August 2016 - 11:34 PM.

I cant believe this is possible now in the game. Best "dlc" ever. This game will?die for me only when VI is out.

Ps. Just hope people wont use red colors but grey type.
  • Tofu86_ and Mervz789 like this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:37 AM Edited by FR_Player-One, 02 August 2016 - 12:40 AM.

but I worry about how to make the track seem open, don't want to have fences all around the track all the time, so that's an issue.

"Creative use of other props" might be a solution to that ^^

Hopefully we can place 150 props now, rather than 100...

Bah, apparantly, street props, at this time, can't be removed in the stunt creator (Even though some R* created stunt races have removed lamp posts etc.)

That's a bit of a shame.

I can only hope you're wrong...

then there's the other stuff like WRC type races or rally cross or Pikes Peak or NASCAR or WEC or Moto GP or ... or ...   :blink:

I've built WRC type of races, no recreations of any real tracks tho.
Link and infos in my signature if interested.

I'm kind of inbetween with regards to floating tracks vs realistic look.  I'd be happy to play a close recreation of a track with correct corner angles and elevation changes if it's floating, but I'd be also ok with playing tracks that take small creative liberties in order to get the most accurate features. 

If the new update allows for recreations, I hope the creators will have the sense to add their name to it or a signature mark of somekind, because there is no doubt that someone will make a great Monaco or Laguna Seca, but there will be hundreds of them, so if you see a race invite for "Monaco" you will accept it thinking it might be that great one I played, but probably won't.  Where as if you get an invite for "Monaco (by Moozze)"  you will know it's the good one.  (Moozze was just the name above the reply box, used as an example).

Same.

If only we could all agree on a pre-name "tag" to identify good quality tracks. After testing and agreement, maybe the creator could rename his track as, for example, "IRL - Monaco" or anything else. (names such as "(by XXplayerXX)" would be too long and literally anyone could write "by XXX" and it wouldn't guarantee quality)
But that will most likely not happen ^^

The current Monaco is far from perfect, it's alright but certain things could be changed and improved.

Jakemo
  • Jakemo

FrostyGen

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:10 AM

Loving it so far, and stunt props ARE working with the 150 prop limit in regular races. Lots of colors and props to choose from.

MrGrandis
  • MrGrandis

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

Loving it so far, and stunt props ARE working with the 150 prop limit in regular races. Lots of colors and props to choose from.

So Prop snapping and the extruded road works for normal race too?

wmblgy
  • wmblgy

Custom Title

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:59 AM

Using any of the new props turns your race into a Stunt Race.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

Yeah, at least you can edit your previous existing races and add the new props.
Even tho it changes to "stunt race".

A shame that we can't remove light posts etc tho >< dammit R*

• Mervz789 likes this

MrGrandis
  • MrGrandis

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:27 PM Edited by Mr Grandis, 02 August 2016 - 07:40 PM.

Yeah, at least you can edit your previous existing races and add the new props.
Even tho it changes to "stunt race".

A shame that we can't remove light posts etc tho >< dammit R*

Damn it, I edited the Nurburgring before I read the replies

Apparently it has turned into a stunt track lol

edit:
I have updated one of my tracks - Suzuka Circuit, guys please try it out, its really hard to make those snap props listen to you lol

2_0.jpg

Platform: PS4
Game Mode: Stunt Race (Caused by the stunt props)
Players: 1-30

Link: https://socialclub.r...BokGbv2ZHhr0awQ

• Retired Mafia and Mervz789 like this

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:54 PM Edited by reform, 02 August 2016 - 10:55 PM.

God damn when those road sections spaz out and go into an insane spin. This certainly isn't easy to get something of the standard I'm aiming for.

• MrGrandis and Tofu86_ like this

Mervz789
  • Mervz789

Old name was Shad0w_Sc4l3

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:47 PM

I'll give it a quick start with a very nice recreation of Monaco. Not mine though, but I know the track will be improved after the stunt race creator launch. 
It's already pretty good and my favorite track made with the new props so far. PS4. Of course.

All I can say is... It's pretty good!

Tofu86_
  • Tofu86_

That's a bit weird, innit?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:52 PM

:^:  :^:  :^:  :^:  :^:  :^:

• Mervz789 likes this

MrGrandis
  • MrGrandis

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:54 AM Edited by Mr Grandis, 03 August 2016 - 12:55 AM.

:^:  :^:  :^:  :^:  :^:  :^:

Laguna Seca with the altitude and banked turns would be amazing :D

All I can say is... It's pretty good!

Would be better if half the section are not hovering above water, a solid 8/10 :^:

• Mervz789 likes this

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:34 AM

Man this is hard. I had a go at laguna seca but because of the elevation changes I had a twat of a time matching up the last bit. Also you can't really make super tight v turns, making spa is going to be tough.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:15 AM Edited by FR_Player-One, 03 August 2016 - 03:16 AM.

God damn when those road sections spaz out and go into an insane spin. This certainly isn't easy to get something of the standard I'm aiming for.

Yeah, I had them do that as well, and sometimes I get teleported in the city (to a very specific street). I don't know what's up with that... but it's annoying.
Sometimes they "flicker" (is that the right word) like crazy, too.

Man this is hard. I had a go at laguna seca but because of the elevation changes I had a twat of a time matching up the last bit. Also you can't really make super tight v turns, making spa is going to be tough.

It is hard !

I gave a try at Tsukuba Circuit, to see what we could do.
It's complicated.
Proportions aren't quite right, and you don't have many options for the angles of the turns... The camera doesn't help, since you can't wee anything horizontally (to help judge the elevation changes for example).
Eventually I saved my progress and left it alone to work on one of my personnal track.

But I will get back to it, maybe tomorrow.

This takes longer than I would have thought.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users