Just like I am, I'm sure many of you are, (if not fans) at least interested in some racing disciplines in real life.
And maybe you would like to see some of your favorites racing tracks in GTA Online. Now that we are free from being forced to build on the ground, one of them is to recreate real life tracks from real life racing.
This thread solely focuses on real life tracks (and various remakes), NO "original" ones.
That can include recreations of fictional racetracks found in other video games (example : Gran Turismo).
(Circuit de Catalunya - Barcelona, Spain)
The objectives of this thread :
The objective is therefore to discuss this topic (thanks captain obvious), to allow people to share their creations, permitting other players who are looking for this kind of tracks to find them easily.
But remember, as creators, the objective is also to help each other build them, and overcome the issues we could encounter with the Content Creator while we're building them. Considering that some tracks could be really challenging to put together if we want to be as accurate as possible.
Another objective is to make the best recreations / remakes possible in the end. For that, put selfishness aside.
If two, or more, of you plan on making one particular race track (on the same platform), either talk to each other and decide which one of you will make it, or both of you make it but after you're done with it, test it, choose the best one and seek improvement with each other's advice.
Know that we will only keep one of these two in the end. We don't need 55 Daytona remakes, 53 of them being badly made and/or having problems, you know what I mean.
If there is two identical tracks without consensus, I will have to decide myself which one is the best overall and only include this one in this thread.
The final goal being to have a set of very good and well made (the most accurately done possible / the most faithful to their real life counterpart) tracks at our disposal (our = we the players / racers), that we can enjoy and play with our crew or friends.
"Who" built them shouldn't matter. Do not seek "plays, likes, fame" (it won't make any difference in your life, and in some time you'll realize how useless it is). And no d*ck fights over who's the best creator or whatnot.
We only compete during the race. Just enjoy the game and make the best of it
Random Infos, Tips and Advices :
- Using any Stunt props will turn your race into a "Stunt Race".
- The "Stunt" special physics is applied to vehicles during standard contact stunt races and no other game mode (apparently). Be aware of that.
- Save your progress as often as possible ! Think you don't need to save ? Let the game boot you back to Online for no reason and make you lose several hours of progress without a warning. Save more than necessary !
- Do not neglect the "advanced options" feature. It takes longer but it's very usefull to precisely place props, make new angles for turns etc.
- Make sure to spend some time and prop budget on the scenery, as much as you can (once you're happy with the actual track). Rather than letting the track float in mid air. The minimum should be to put large block underneath and in between the roads.
- Avoid tubes, jumps, etc that would not fit IRL racing tracks.
- The more immersive it is, the better. You basically want it to be... :
- Any other tips, advices ? Feel free to share them
Thank you !
List of Tracks available :
When introducing / posting your track, a picture or a video is welcome. And please always mention your platform.
The list of tracks below are not necessarily "verified" or approved by anyone. They may not be up to my or your standard.
I only put them here at your disposal. You make your own opinion. They are arranged by country / category.
NOTE : Whenever I update this list, The Newest tracks will be signaled by a *NEW* sign next to them. This will last until the next serious update.
Playstation 4 :
(JP) SUZUKA Circuit - - - *NEW*
(USA, CA) SONOMA Raceway - - - *NEW*
(CA) Circuit GILLES VILLENEUVE
XBox One :