Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:21 AM

The teeth might suit my Hunter because of my habit of drawing faces on helicopters. But I'm unsure, haven't really decided how I'll customize mine.

• Kushology, No display name = This, alkaline_ and 4 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:45 AM

The teeth might suit my Hunter because of my habit of drawing faces on helicopters. But I'm unsure, haven't really decided how I'll customize mine.

Me neither. While I have colours picked out, I change my mind a lot. Explains my obsession of having multiple of the same vehicle.

It's also a money drain habit.
  • R3CON, Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Carpet boming orphanages this holiday season

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:59 AM

I'm most likely putting the teeth with the camo going along to military colors. Shame I cant take pictures with my gun running vehicles since it counts as a pv.

giphy.gif

• livejoker, Kushology, No display name = This and 6 others like this

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

giphy.gif

I want that in my CEO office :O
  • No display name = This, alkaline_, Criminal-Fox and 5 others like this

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:46 PM Edited by xXxKAMIKAZExXx, 07 October 2017 - 01:47 PM.

Lmao. Some Hydra noob tried to kill me while I was flying an unarmed Buzzard during a cargo mission. I dodged most of his missles and he ended up crashing into me only to kill himself and no me. He then resulted to spawn killing me and sending multiple death threats and racial slurs. Smh lol
  • Sky_Light12, No display name = This, alkaline_ and 4 others like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

a sense of pride and accomplishment

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

I feel I'll be alone on this but I'll probably put a polished metal on it so it looks bare-bones to the metal. Been really digging it for aircrafts, works really well for the Hydra as it gives it a nice sheen in the sky.

• Kushology, No display name = This, Criminal-Fox and 1 other like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

I feel I'll be alone on this but I'll probably put a polished metal on it so it looks bare-bones to the metal. Been really digging it for aircrafts, works really well for the Hydra as it gives it a nice sheen in the sky.

My Molotok has Brushed Black Steel with a different pearl, looks really good.

Spoiler

Not many people from what I've seen have used something other than red for the secondary..
  • No display name = This, Criminal-Fox and Happy Hunter like this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

nothin personnel kid

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:29 PM Edited by Professional Amateur, 07 October 2017 - 11:31 PM.

Not many people from what I've seen have used something other than red for the secondary..

You talkin' sh*t about my Molotok boi?!? Better red than uhh, dead, I suppose.

Plus, the silver and red was a common colour scheme for a lot of MiG-15s:

MiG-opening-image-631.jpg

E: Seems to be somewhat common for the MiG-17 as well, though nowhere near as much as the red on the MiG-15s.

• V4S, No display name = This, alkaline_ and 3 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

You talkin' sh*t about my Molotok boi?!? Better red than uhh, dead, I suppose.

Plus, the silver and red was a common colour scheme for a lot of MiG-15s:

MiG-opening-image-631.jpg

E: Seems to be somewhat common for the MiG-17 as well, though nowhere near as much as the red on the MiG-15s.

Talkin' sh*t about the owners, not the Molotok. It's one of my favourites.

I just see so many people using red, it's kind of boring. That's why I went with the black. But anyway..
  • Criminal-Fox likes this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

Qbabu4C.jpg

• Kushology, No display name = This, Criminal-Fox and 5 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:32 AM

This gif is just so satisfying for some reason. Maybe it's just me.

oIOe8of.gif

• Kushology, No display name = This, alkaline_ and 5 others like this

Duckdude001
  • Duckdude001

Big fanatic of trucks/offroaders and military vehicles.

• Members
  • Canada
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

Qbabu4C.jpg

I fkin died laughing when I read this. 😂👍
  • Lamborghini1335, No display name = This, DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin and 2 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:19 AM

This gif is just so satisfying for some reason. Maybe it's just me.

oIOe8of.gif

The quick burst? It is pretty satisfying, even in other games with hardcore modes.
:evilgrin:
  • Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:35 AM

The quick burst? It is pretty satisfying, even in other games with hardcore modes.

:evilgrin:

Yeah, and I love the way it throws him off his feet just as he finishes the roll lol.

• Kushology, alkaline_, The-Irish-Hunter and 1 other like this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:21 AM

barely getting two star tier

Spoiler

• Happy Hunter likes this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:55 PM Edited by tommyguns, 09 October 2017 - 02:21 PM.

Ive seen a few people saying with certainty we are getting the pyro next. Did R* mention the order we get dripfeed stuff and I missed it?

After having my peaceful errands disrupted by tryhards the other day, I came out on top, but still....

I've reached the end of my tether with that group. I dropped out of missions for a little break & I see a full CEO org keeping the killstream busy. Pull up the player list & I see typical tryhards, and the players they are killing are all low levels. So I head over, but they take off in a heli, I quickly get my Rogue, catch them just as they are about to land, and take all four of them out with a quick burst of my guns.

Then I keep them pinned for a little while, dropping bombs. A couple vanish, so I head towards Vespucci, no sign, I keep going towards LSIA, and spot them making a beeline for the airport, one rocket later, both dead. Then I swing back and get the other two with a divebomb.

They respawn fast and fire homing rockets at me, while I leisurely fly into the sunset firing off a few flares.

Ahhh it felt good, rescuing the low levels & hammering a bunch of tryhards. And the other players in the session didn't even try to shoot me down once. I guess they figured I was doing good work, so left me be.
  • Kushology, No display name = This, alkaline_ and 3 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

^^

I've been in lobbies myself too where there's a jet or two trying to grief and I'd go after them the entire time in my own. No one usually tries to shut me down unless they're trigger happy.
  • No display name = This, Criminal-Fox, tommyguns and 3 others like this

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

We got the Pyro. Seabreeze hype! :p
  • Happy Hunter likes this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:00 AM

Eh, I don't know if I will bother with the pyro. I think it looks great, but aside from looks, it's loadout is identical to my MiG, and I think the MiG fly's a little better. So given that, kinda hard to justify near 3.5 million for it. if I have a stack of cash & there is nothing on the horizon, I may get it.

Gotta be the Seabreeze next, I'm going to guess around 1.5 to 2 million. Also a great looking plane, that it's a seaplane but smaller and faster than either of the other two is another plus for me.

So it looks like I will be buying the next 3 aircraft released, as the Spitfire & Hunter will follow the seabreeze. Given how iconic they are, I'm sure R* are really going to sting us on the cost of those two, but i'm still gonna buy them.
  • Goingcrowd9, xXxKAMIKAZExXx and Happy Hunter like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:14 AM Edited by Kushology, 11 October 2017 - 04:21 AM.

-snip-

Idk if you saw, fam.

Confirmed price list.

DIaRYOWVYAA1oE6.jpg

afaik, sauce is FoxySnaps.
  • No display name = This, tommyguns and Happy Hunter like this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:19 PM Edited by tommyguns, 11 October 2017 - 02:28 PM.

:) Well, that's a nice surprise. I was close with my guess for the upper range of the Seabreeze, the Spitfire is a reasonable price, and the Hunter is decently priced too.

So...$5.8 million for a Spitfire, Hunter, and Seabreeze

Less than the cost of a yacht that sits there looking pretty but doing pretty much nothing, 4.2 mill less than a bunch of crazy people paid for a gold Luxor, and only a shade higher than the price for a single gold swift.

On the whole, I think this dlc has been decently priced. I can think of a few things that were overpriced IMO, but I will be able to get what I really wanted the most, and still have a healthy balance in the maze. It was the double on IE before it came out, that I have to thank for that. I think I jumped from 6 million to 18 million by the end. I was sick of the sight of everything IE related for a couple of weeks afterwards, but it was worth it.

In case anyone missed it, there was a topic yesterday of someone complaining about the big problem of hydras and lazers...after the stuff that's been released from gun running to now!!! & the second post in was someone complaining all the SR stuff was 'way underpowered' and incapable of taking out hydras and lazers. Which will come as a surprise to the ones I've blown out of the skies in my rogue & MiG.

They didn't seem to consider what would happen if they released a massively OP new jet....the griefers would just switch & everyone else would have a genuine problem then.
  • Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

The Hunter is cheaper than the Vigilante? As if I wasn't already sold on my purchase, this makes the choice easier.

• No display name = This, Criminal-Fox, The-Irish-Hunter and 2 others like this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:36 PM Edited by Kushology, 11 October 2017 - 10:37 PM.

Yeah, some stuff is very over priced, wouldn't feel like that if they were actually good..Bombushka.

I was expecting the Hunter to be more expensive, tbh.

I probably will buy the Lazer(price is ridiculous though), sadly. Yeah, you can get it for free from base, sure, but can't have it at your feet.
  • No display name = This, Criminal-Fox, Goingcrowd9 and 1 other like this

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

The Hydra kinda makes most of these aircraft quite redundant in terms of combat. Sure, you have countermeasures, but that doesn't protect you from the cannon. Also the Hydra is so cheap for what you get, especially now that it's on another discount :p
  • Duckdude001 and Happy Hunter like this

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

The Hydra kinda makes most of these aircraft quite redundant in terms of combat. Sure, you have countermeasures, but that doesn't protect you from the cannon. Also the Hydra is so cheap for what you get, especially now that it's on another discount :p

but having a better / different handling does protect you if you know how to use it. Since smugglers run I had 0 problems with hydras  and lazers. You can outmaneuver them with ease.
  • No display name = This, The-Irish-Hunter, tommyguns and 2 others like this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:29 PM Edited by tommyguns, 13 October 2017 - 01:18 AM.

but having a better / different handling does protect you if you know how to use it. Since smugglers run I had 0 problems with hydras  and lazers. You can outmaneuver them with ease.
Correct. I've shot down a bunch & been shot down zero times. Edit: with my Rogue & MiG. And if I'm on the ground and see one griefing, I find a multistorey car park & out comes the explosive sniper.

It's a shame the Molotok didn't get a low rate of fire explosive cannon, like its inspiration has. But it and other planes do have pretty powerful MG's, they won't destroy something with a touch, like the lazers and hydras, but they are capable of taking those jets down in short order.

I generally fire missiles to get them banking, switch to guns & give them a good burst. If I don't destroy them outright, I at least get the engine smoking, and fire more missiles. Rinse and repeat.

Either the guns will take them or their damaged jet becomes incapable of evading the missiles I keep firing. And of course, I make use of standard fighter pilot tactics that the average tryhard seems oblivious to. Also take a look at YouTube project helisexuality, HH has vids of him taking down both jets with the Starling.

I wouldn't fancy going up against a hydra in a Tula, Mogul, or Ultralight though ;)

I always avoided the Hydra, it has a toxic reputation & I didn't want to be associated with it. Since I've got a directed promotion of a 1 million discount, I am kinda tempted though. I've never actually got through its heist due to my team mates getting killed over and over and over.

Why is it, every time I see a heist notification pop up, it's ALWAYS prison break? If I had the heist discount on top of the directed sale, that would probably clinch the decision for me.
  • The-Irish-Hunter, Goingcrowd9, xXxKAMIKAZExXx and 1 other like this

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:38 AM Edited by xXxKAMIKAZExXx, 13 October 2017 - 02:11 AM.

I hope Rockstar has a plane for all the old aircraft that'll get left out. I want a Titan Gunship and an Airwolf Swift. Also something for the Mammatus. I mean, what's the point in ever buying that thing?
  • The-Irish-Hunter, Goingcrowd9 and Happy Hunter like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

The Absolute God of Hyper Death, The Hunter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

I hope Rockstar has a plane for all the old aircraft that'll get left out. I want a Titan Gunship and an Airwolf Swift. Also something for the Mammatus. I mean, what's the point in ever buying that thing?

I still think it's weird they didn't add Airwolf. It fits the theme of the update and their obsession with Sci-Fi vehicles.

Maybe it'll come in the future though. I certainly won't say no to more helicopters.

• No display name = This, alkaline_, Goingcrowd9 and 2 others like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

The Absolute God of Hyper Death, The Hunter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:27 PM Edited by The-Irish-Hunter, 13 October 2017 - 02:29 PM.

I just noticed that the Smuggler's Run trailer is one of the most viewed update trailers on Rockstar's YouTube channel. It beats Gunrunning, Heists, Import Export, Finance and Felony, and all of the Stunt related ones.

Hopefully they take that as an indication that Aircraft are actually popular.

• No display name = This, alkaline_, Goingcrowd9 and 2 others like this

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:22 PM

I just noticed that the Smuggler's Run trailer is one of the most viewed update trailers on Rockstar's YouTube channel. It beats Gunrunning, Heists, Import Export, Finance and Felony, and all of the Stunt related ones.

Hopefully they take that as an indication that Aircraft are actually popular.

or it was just that much because of the Hunter.

i can imagine that Happy Hunter watched it a few 100 times  :whistle:

• Goingcrowd9, xXxKAMIKAZExXx, Happy Hunter and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users