Photo

Project: Helisexuality. A petition.

2,477 replies to this topic
Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:40 AM Edited by Icantthinkofonew, 18 July 2016 - 01:59 AM.

In short you want them to buff up the attack choppers and gives us some new ones. You could have made your point with out writing an essay. Me I just want them to buff up the savage im indifferent to more helicopter models after all this is GTA not air wolf

There are a lot of things I want. I still have plenty that I haven't listed yet - only so long I can make the OP.

I did supply a TL;DR, you know.

It might not be Air Wolf, but that doesn't mean more would hurt. Not like we get them all the time anyway.

I agre with OP. We need not only more helicopters, but aviation vechiles in general. How come we can't buy the hangers? Then we can get our stuff customized and upgraded.

Exactly, on all counts.

The Rustler would be a beautiful old plane to have back, as well as converting the Cuban 800 into a bomber like in story mode. Even something like a hot air balloon.

I guess I just feel like it's a waste when the only new aircraft we've had in ages is the Shamal 2 and Swift 2. In fact, I don't even remember their actual names lol.

Plus there are plenty of hangars at the airport that would be just perfect for being a storage solution for aircraft - as well as a hub for upgrading them, customizing them, repainting them, giving them new abilities, etc.

• GTKING1st, SuzukiRazgriz and The-Irish-Hunter like this

Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:46 AM

Sorry I forgot to say in my last post but how is helicopter (and planes) customisation not a thing yet?

R* could charge really high prices for helicopter paint jobs and I'm sure pretty much everyone would pay for it
  • GTKING1st, DentureDynamite, chef_archie and 3 others like this

rodrich266
  • rodrich266

Shut up, sit down, relax

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:48 AM

Great OP mister Icantthinkofnew, I've upvoted on the R* support page, you've got my support.

I'm not a pilot, I use the buzzard a lot but I'm no pilot. Still I've read the post and I totally agree, this needs to be addressed and those are great ideas.

I don't know how many of you have played saints row 2 and 3 but in those games, the attack choppers with pivoting guns were controlled with the right stick (camera control) and it was very smooth and well integrated. This could be added to the Savage, if you never played those, check out a vid on youtube about them, that mechanism worked great.
  • mareepx, Hunter, Amy Vinewood and 2 others like this

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:55 AM

Great OP mister Icantthinkofnew, I've upvoted on the R* support page, you've got my support.

I'm not a pilot, I use the buzzard a lot but I'm no pilot. Still I've read the post and I totally agree, this needs to be addressed and those are great ideas.

I don't know how many of you have played saints row 2 and 3 but in those games, the attack choppers with pivoting guns were controlled with the right stick (camera control) and it was very smooth and well integrated. This could be added to the Savage, if you never played those, check out a vid on youtube about them, that mechanism worked great.

Skip to 2:43 

I don't know what rockstar were thinking not making this a thing...

• rodrich266, GTKING1st, BigJoe_1 and 3 others like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:00 AM

Spoiler

Also the older Saints Row 2 had it (skip to 2:06):

https://youtu.be/prgsQm7VE6s?t=126

As I remember it, the Mercenaries games had this too, as well as (I think) the Just Cause games. It's actually a lot more popular than you'd think - all these other games have had it (some of which are more or less self-confessed GTA clones), and yet the biggest one of all doesn't? That's some messed up stuff.

Imagine an actual helicopter pilot swerving his/her entire helicopter around just to aim. It's ridiculous.

Great point rodrich266, and thanks for the support.

• rodrich266, ten-a-penny, mareepx and 3 others like this

Amy Vinewood
  • Amy Vinewood

You don't just turn off the 80's

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:16 AM

I would love to have a Little Willie! And a Sea Sparrow..
Petition signed, Icantthinkofonew
  • MrTroubleMaker, Hunter and The-Irish-Hunter like this

Fozzie
  • Fozzie

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in

• Mountain Bike Society
  • Canada

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:19 AM

Where's my credit for being the first person to call you a Helo/Helisexual?
  • livejoker, GTKING1st, BigJoe_1 and 3 others like this

em1b16a2
  • em1b16a2

Post Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:20 AM

I agree 100 with the op. I only take my Helis out when either in a solo public or in a private lobby. Just too easy to be shot down.
  • DentureDynamite and Hunter like this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:26 AM

oh yeah not to mention savage's passenger capacity is buffed because the back compartment suppousely can carry more than just 2 person , instead additional passengers just warped inside ( matching capacity of annihilator ) . oh yeah change most attack chopper's for co-pilot weaponry ( the one who operates the camera uses minigun that can aim in 360 degree from underneath of helicopter , except valkyrie ) , because most of time the co-pilot is stupid enough to use it ( and since it doesn't lock-on , they barely got direct hit )

last but not least , depends by flying skill , pilot/co-pilot can bail out faster the higher their flying skill is

• Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:30 AM Edited by Icantthinkofonew, 18 July 2016 - 01:34 AM.

oh yeah not to mention savage's passenger capacity is buffed because the back compartment suppousely can carry more than just 2 person , instead additional passengers just warped inside ( matching capacity of annihilator ) . 

Did they really? When was that? I'm a lone wolf, so never would've known. That's great though - Hinds are meant to carry a fair few people, so it should be more than the Buzzard.

Thank you so much. Means a lot to me.

Where's my credit for being the first person to call you a Helo/Helisexual?

Now that's a big claim to make - I've been called a helisexual many, many times. I'm not even sure the founder of helisexuality would remember if they made it.

If you truly are though, then thank you for giving me my gender identity.

I agree 100 with the op. I only take my Helis out when either in a solo public or in a private lobby. Just too easy to be shot down.

Oh yeah, it's a stressful business flying public. I'm always hugging the ground, avoiding people. Helicopters need a little more freedom.

Not free reign to make everyone's lives a misery, but enough so you don't have heart attacks trying to fly.

• GTKING1st, DentureDynamite and Amy Vinewood like this

l Marksman God l
  • l Marksman God l

Jet lover and marksman master

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:51 AM

Your threads are awesome dude, you've got my support. I love flying helicopters and I don't need them to shoot down Hydras and P996s, but it makes no sense those combat helis that were supposed to be powerful, being destroyed by a level 30 without a problem. There will be people that still say: "ohh you just need to learn how to dodge HLs" but it's simply not true, even a skilled pilot can't get a load of kills, unless you're fighting a retard player.

• Hunter, Amy Vinewood and Jerionso like this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:53 AM

oh yeah not to mention savage's passenger capacity is buffed because the back compartment suppousely can carry more than just 2 person , instead additional passengers just warped inside ( matching capacity of annihilator ) . 

Did they really? When was that? I'm a lone wolf, so never would've known. That's great though - Hinds are meant to carry a fair few people, so it should be more than the Buzzard.

no , it was just my wishlist.....that additional passenger for savage able to warp inside

• Hunter likes this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Hunter?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:54 AM

100% support. Helis in this game are just not good enough right now. When one can be taken down by a rank 1 with one shot from a homing launcher, that's just bad game design.

• DentureDynamite, chef_archie, Hunter and 3 others like this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:55 AM

Signed with gusto

• Hunter and Amy Vinewood like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:57 AM Edited by Icantthinkofonew, 18 July 2016 - 01:58 AM.

no , it was just my wishlist.....that additional passenger for savage able to warp inside

Oh, lol. Well I 100% agree with you there - the Savage should hold more people than the Buzzard. I mean, look at them side by side.

Your threads are awesome dude, you've got my support. I love flying helicopters and I don't need them to shoot down Hydras and P996s, but it makes no sense those combat helis that were supposed to be powerful, being destroyed by a level 30 without a problem. There will be people that still say: "ohh you just need to learn how to dodge HLs" but it's simply not true, even a skilled pilot can't get a load of kills, unless you're fighting a retard player.

Oh yeah, definitely. Thankfully, I think the number of people with that mindset has shrunk (when I first joined here it was a lot more prevalent). But with time, the truth of the situation has become more clear.

There are generally two types who say that:

• People who don't know what they're talking about.

• People who are good and can dodge them in very specific circumstances, and now want to show off and say how they dodge them all the time. They tend to make videos of themselves dodging their friends missiles in very controlled environments.

Anyone can do that though. To dodge them when it's really needed - in intense combat situations, well that's different.

• chef_archie likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

turtle

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:15 AM

Sounds good to me. Gonna sign when I get home.

Why not start a petition on an actual petition site?
  • Hunter likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:19 AM

I support you.

Why? because if one day rockstar finally gives you a hunter or a savage buff, i won't have to hear about your helicopters again

never again i hope...

• Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:20 AM

Sounds good to me. Gonna sign when I get home.

Why not start a petition on an actual petition site?

I don't know any lol. I want this to spread everywhere anyway.

I think that - for helicopters - it's now or never. We're late into the game's life, and if we don't get something soonish, we'll run out of chances.

Thank you for your support, btw.  :^:

• theNGclan and The-Irish-Hunter like this

Amy Vinewood
  • Amy Vinewood

You don't just turn off the 80's

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:21 AM

Thank you so much. Means a lot to me.

I was honestly surprised the Sea Sparrow wasn't in gta v, after being in Vice City, San Andreas, and Vcs.
And who wouldn't want a Little Willie? Someone that already has one, that's who.
I hope one day we get all the helicopters back from the 3d universe, the Sea Sparrow, Little Willie, and of course the Hunter.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:27 AM

Never saw this before. Good OP for a change. I don't give a crap about heli's but at least it is a well thought out and you can tell you at least kinda know what you are talking about.

I like it and I support this thread.
  • Hunter and Amy Vinewood like this

PSNGTAforumuser
  • PSNGTAforumuser

Derrrr

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:39 AM Edited by PSNGTAforumuser, 18 July 2016 - 02:58 AM.

YES YES YES YES YES

Btw I want Sea Sparrow for Marquis crate missions.

People say they can pick up passengers in the water but I can't seem to.

l Marksman God l
  • l Marksman God l

Jet lover and marksman master

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:43 AM Edited by l Marksman God l, 18 July 2016 - 02:44 AM.

Oh yeah, definitely. Thankfully, I think the number of people with that mindset has shrunk (when I first joined here it was a lot more prevalent). But with time, the truth of the situation has become more clear.

There are generally two types who say that:

• People who don't know what they're talking about.

• People who are good and can dodge them in very specific circumstances, and now want to show off and say how they dodge them all the time. They tend to make videos of themselves dodging their friends missiles in very controlled environments.

Anyone can do that though. To dodge them when it's really needed - in intense combat situations, well that's different.

Definitely, even if the guy can dodge missiles from one player, he won't even get a chance to kill him, since he will spend all of his time trying to dodge the missile. Also, if you're in a full lobby with a good amount of people in the same area, and two of them decide to shoot HLs at you at the same time(which happens a lot), one of them will hit you. A decent pilot probably won't die by homing launchers but won't kill either, he'll just be flying around.

• Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:34 AM

Never saw this before. Good OP for a change. I don't give a crap about heli's but at least it is a well thought out and you can tell you at least kinda know what you are talking about.

I like it and I support this thread.

Thanks a ton. I love that even the non-helisexuals are (mostly) getting behind this. I really appreciate it.

I never even thought of that! It would literally be the perfect helicopter for that.

I myself can pick up the crates, but the one time I tried to pick up a passenger, he didn't seem to be able to get in. He was a randumb though, and he really put the "dumb" in "randumb", so that might've been it.

Still, this would be the Sea Sparrow's perfect use.

Definitely, even if the guy can dodge missiles from one player, he won't even get a chance to kill him, since he will spend all of his time trying to dodge the missile. Also, if you're in a full lobby with a good amount of people in the same area, and two of them decide to shoot HLs at you at the same time(which happens a lot), one of them will hit you. A decent pilot probably won't die by homing launchers but won't kill either, he'll just be flying around.

Oh yeah, definitely. There's a lot of false information about the homing launcher from both sides. Like, it's not impossible to dodge (as some claim), but it's the kind of thing that takes a lot of effort, and if you're dodging, you won't be attacking.

Unless it's just some poor lone guy, in which case there's no need for an attack helicopter anyway.

I am so glad this thread seems to have taken off. Like, the OP is probably the most popular post I've ever made. Thank all you guys (and girls) so much, I really appreciate it.

Its still got a journey to travel anyway, hopefully. Now that there's a truly dedicated helicopter thread, I have somewhere to unleash all my ideas and stuff without getting on anyone's nerves.

PSNGTAforumuser
  • PSNGTAforumuser

Derrrr

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:39 AM

I never even thought of that! It would literally be the perfect helicopter for that.

I myself can pick up the crates, but the one time I tried to pick up a passenger, he didn't seem to be able to get in. He was a randumb though, and he really put the "dumb" in "randumb", so that might've been it.

Still, this would be the Sea Sparrow's perfect use.

I know about picking up crates by just touching them with the chopper, but only the pilot can do this.

The passengers are forced to jump out, and manually pick them up.

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:42 AM

I know about picking up crates by just touching them with the chopper, but only the pilot can do this.

The passengers are forced to jump out, and manually pick them up.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"  :^:

Oh yeah I know, I just meant I can feel your pain about not being able to get the passengers back in. It's like, they hop out ... And then they're gone.

• PSNGTAforumuser likes this

Tonguegirl
  • Tonguegirl

Experienced Finger Cuff

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:19 AM

I agree that all choppers need an armour buff. If the Hydra can survive a missile then choppers should be able to survive too, and by all means give them some Counter-Measures. Jets don't need any more help.

However, If it's about providing balance, then I think the Homing Launcher Missile needs a speed buff (I know, I know :blush: ), not for choppers, but for Jets. If the choppers get extra armour and missile-lock jammers, then the HL will be much less of a threat. With a speed buff it would mean that Jet pilots have to be a lot more skillful to avoid them rather than simply flying around in a circle.  Balance; et voila.

A new attack chopper would be a welcome addition, but it damn well better be more manoeuvrable than the Savage. You're right in saying that the Annihilator is a joke, I can't recall ever being killed by one, though there have been many, many unsuccessful attempts :lol: . The handling difference between the Buzzard and the Savage is also a joke though. How can one chopper be so agile and fun to fly, but the other one is such a lumbering hulk? Something in-between the two would be a great idea but I'm not sure what the weapon load should be on that.

Put it this way, if my Buzzard had explosive rounds with the range of a jet, I would be in Bad Sport within a month. For general use, I'm not that bothered about unarmed choppers, I'm all about the guns. I don't own any Pegasus vehicles that can't blow sh*t up, and that will never change, so any new choppers would have to have armaments of some sort.

Good idea though, I like it, As I've said before; if you don't ask you, you don't get.

• Hunter and The-Irish-Hunter like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:35 AM

However, If it's about providing balance, then I think the Homing Launcher Missile needs a speed buff (I know, I know  :blush: ), not for choppers, but for Jets. If the choppers get extra armour and missile-lock jammers, then the HL will be much less of a threat. With a speed buff it would mean that Jet pilots have to be a lot more skillful to avoid them rather than simply flying around in a circle.  Balance; et voila.

Haha don't worry lol, I've grown since I joined these forums last year, and I'm not quite so violently against the homing launcher as I was.

If I had my hand on a switch that did this, giving the homing launcher a speed buff in return for helicopters getting armour and the jammer? Then I'd press it definitely. It's not the usual solution I promote (I prefer the idea of an explosive sniper for jets), but I'd take it in a heartbeat if it meant helicopters got more of the stuff they deserved.

I guess the problem for helicopters isn't so much the homing launcher (hear me out, helisexuals), but that they added the homing launcher without adding the other side of that equation. The other side of the equation being a missile jammer, proper armour, a better range for the weapons, etc.

Don't get me wrong - the homing launcher and I are on shaky ground.  :p But I'm open to all ideas.

A new attack chopper would be a welcome addition, but it damn well better be more manoeuvrable than the Savage. You're right in saying that the Annihilator is a joke, I can't recall ever being killed by one, though there have been many, many unsuccessful attempts  :lol: . The handling difference between the Buzzard and the Savage is also a joke though. How can one chopper be so agile and fun to fly, but the other one is such a lumbering hulk? Something in-between the two would be a great idea but I'm not sure what the weapon load should be on that.

Put it this way, if my Buzzard had explosive rounds with the range of a jet, I would be in Bad Sport within a month. For general use, I'm not that bothered about unarmed choppers, I'm all about the guns. I don't own any Pegasus vehicles that can't blow sh*t up, and that will never change, so any new choppers would have to have armaments of some sort.

Good idea though, I like it, As I've said before; if you don't ask you, you don't get.

Well if the Hunter was brought in, and given its old manoeuvrability ... It's like no other helicopter in the game. It's better than the way the Buzzard moves by a pretty long way. You have to try it to really get it, it's beautiful.

Plus with current gen systems, the Apache's other benefits could come to fruition. Mainly that lovely targeting system it has.

Agreed on the Annihilator lol, that thing's a complete and utter joke.

Thank you a ton for your support; I really appreciate it.

• Tonguegirl likes this

DominusTaranis
  • DominusTaranis

Frog

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:01 AM

Time in GTA Online: 81 1/2 days.
Time flying helicopters: 3 days.

Seems like it should be more.

I'm with you, bro!

Rotor-brothers unite.  :^:

I'm not big into copters(must admit and not very good using them), but I will through my support your way.. Mainly because of the word "helisexuality"...

Thank you a ton, helps a lot. I'll be sure to keep an open mind to your interests too.  ;)

I have a problem with one of these choppers.

The 26....it wouldn't fit. Anywhere. On any helipad except maybe smack dab center of the marina.

Also, some minor minigun swivel please? QQ

The 26 wouldn't fit anywhere but large airfields I guess. But it's meant as more of a fun gimmick anyway. Kind of like the helicopter equivalent of owning a 747 - it's not something you'd use much, but who wouldn't want to say they own the biggest helicopter in the game?

Also, what's QQ?

It's an emote that's supposed to look like two eyes with tears. Lik O,_O, Q_Q QQ

Also, as in "less QQ, more pewpew" which is an older "take the L" "git gud" etc etc.

• Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:10 AM Edited by Icantthinkofonew, 18 July 2016 - 05:12 AM.

Also, as in "less QQ, more pewpew" which is an older "take the L" "git gud" etc etc.

It's an emote that's supposed to look like two eyes with tears. Lik O,_O, Q_Q QQ

So he's either saying that helicopters should be able to aim properly, and that anyone who doesn't like that shouldn't cry, or that they should just be stuck in place, and I should stop crying that it can't pivot/aim properly?

Not sure which, but oh well lol. It's late at the moment, so I'm logging off.

Really glad this thread seems to have gone down well for the most part. Thanks everyone who showed it some love, I really appreciate it. There will be other ideas and stuff to be contributed, and this thread will make a good place for simply discussing helicopters casually too.

Also, if any authors of threads asking for stuff want to partner up/sponsor each other, I'm down for that. Hell, not just threads, anything that possibly can be done. It's important to me, and uniting seems like a great way to help give helicopters a shot at getting some love.

Anyway, goodnight everyone, thanks for posting.

• DominusTaranis likes this

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:38 AM

I refuse to support this cause just for the sh*tty name.

I would, however, like helicopters to be balanced again. They're notably underpowered and are fodder for jets, ground vehicles, and the homing launcher.

Flares or a jammer would be an excellent addition, it should be given to the helicopters that can't outmaneuver homing launcher shots, even if said craft can take a hit or two before going down. Flying my Valkyrie with my crew would be great if I had something to do against homing missiles beyond swerve and pray.

• Darth Absentis likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users