Project: Helisexuality. A petition.

3,008 replies to this topic
Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:23 PM

Come on mate, this is getting ridiculous now. You already have a thread for the Hunter.

There's loads of Helicopters in the game already and nobody uses them. We understand you want the Hunter and some other ones, but when you ask for it 1000 times literally it starts to piss me off.

Like when people ask for more garages?
  • mareepx and labrat_md like this

MaleTiger
  • MaleTiger

Apex Predator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:24 PM

Come on mate, this is getting ridiculous now. You already have a thread for the Hunter.

There's loads of Helicopters in the game already and nobody uses them. We understand you want the Hunter and some other ones, but when you ask for it 1000 times literally it starts to piss me off.

This is far more general than the Hunter.

This is about something much deeper than that. This is the far bigger picture of helicopters getting more love in general.

You say there's loads of helicopters and nobody uses them? Well exactly - why do you think that is? Nobody uses them because Rockstar have failed to make them worth using. That is the kind of thing I'm pushing against.

You don't have to take part in this thread if you don't want to. I would ask that you don't bring a heliphobic attitude here though.
Only way people would use them is if Jets were removed from the game.

Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:28 PM

To all heliphobes: You might not like this thread, but others do:

0teBLox.png?1

That's in under two hours.

This has all been run by the mods first anyway. It has had their approval.

You think?

• ten-a-penny, Broblab, DevilDaRebel and 5 others like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

Come on, that's like saying the only way that people would use bikes is if cars were removed, or vice versa. That's ridiculous.

Maybe you would only use helicopters if jets didn't exist, but don't speak for the rest of the community.

• GTKING1st, ten-a-penny, chef_archie and 6 others like this

MaleTiger
  • MaleTiger

Apex Predator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:34 PM

24 likes isn't gonna get you a response from R* lol. Why compare bikes and cars to jets and helicopters?

A helicopter will just be shot down by a jet 95/100 times. They're faster across the map tiger to a location faster, if you go in a lobby it's rare to see anyone in a helicopter.

And don't say that stupid sh*t 'don't speak for everyone' as I'm not, it's my opinion.....also I didn't watch the video, I've seen you post millions of them - I get it.

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:38 PM

24 likes isn't gonna get you a response from R* lol. Why compare bikes and cars to jets and helicopters?

I didn't say they would. I put that there to show you a lot of people are just fine with my thread, thank you very much.

A helicopter will just be shot down by a jet 95/100 times. They're faster across the map tiger to a location faster, if you go in a lobby it's rare to see anyone in a helicopter.

Currently they will be in a less favourable position. If we manage to let helicopters have their balls back, or at least one of their balls, things can be different.

Why the hostility?

This isn't really a place to argue whether or not helicopters should get more love, or whether I can make this thread or not. I've been planning this a while, put a lot of effort in, and run it by a mod before posting. So if there's some major problem this thread is causing, I would think said mod would have warned me, rather than giving me the green light.

What this is, is a place for the helicopter community to come together, speak their mind, try get Rockstar's attention, and share their ideas of what they want.

• el carlitos, ten-a-penny, mareepx and 2 others like this

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:38 PM Edited by Mr_Zombly, 17 July 2016 - 11:38 PM.

That's the f*cking point of this thread, to make helis worth flying, Personally I use them more than jets but it would be nice to see them more often.

it starts to piss me off.

If it pisses you off, why are you still here?
  • GTKING1st, ten-a-penny, mareepx and 6 others like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:40 PM

And don't say that stupid sh*t 'don't speak for everyone' as I'm not, it's my opinion.....also I didn't watch the video, I've seen you post millions of them - I get it.

Using that logic, a motorbike is faster across the map than a car and more people do stunts on bikes than cars. The point I was making was not to bring cars and bikes into this, but rather to demonstrate that the point you made about helicopters being useless and not used was sh*t.

If you weren't speaking for everyone, you'd have said 'Only way I would use them' instead of 'Only way people would use them'.

• ten-a-penny, DevilDaRebel, Hunter and 3 others like this

MaleTiger
  • MaleTiger

Apex Predator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:43 PM Edited by MaleTiger, 17 July 2016 - 11:43 PM.

You can make whatever thread you like. You don't need to ask a mod if you can make one about a petition because it's not going to be closed anyway. It would probably just get moved to vehicles.

Nothing is harmful about this thread. I am just giving my opinion, so what you basically want is a helicopter faster than a jet that's more powerful than a military Hydra too?

I agree with your logic. I prefer motorbikes. Lol.

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:43 PM

Well anyone hating here is just going to end up bloating the thread out anyway lol, giving it even more posts and even more visibility. Try not to go overboard though.

Its main function is - well, to discuss the ideas listed, what we want, our own ideas, etc.

• livejoker likes this

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:45 PM

I am just giving my opinion, so what you basically want is a helicopter faster than a jet that's more powerful than a military Hydra too?

Oh yeah, I loved the part where he mentioned rockstar implementing a heli faster than a jet, great read.

• GTKING1st, ten-a-penny, mareepx and 5 others like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:46 PM

I am just giving my opinion, so what you basically want is a helicopter faster than a jet that's more powerful than a military Hydra too?

Where did I say that?

A helicopter does not have to be more powerful than a jet in general, to have a good chance of fighting said jet.

Let's take the Hunter. Its main strength comes from the fact that it has very little auto-stabilization. This allows it to aim straight up (negating the jet's dive bombing).

Yet this lack of auto-stabilization - while helpful for fighting other enemies - does not help to the extent that it would be as powerful as a jet.

• The-Irish-Hunter likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Rest in peace, Chester.

• Members
  • Brazil

I'm not really a fan of helicopters or jets for that matter(I'm more into cars and ground combat), and I think the savage is fine the way it is, but kudos to you for putting up all this work for your cause, that is commandable.

Let's see if this gets R* attention, I signed it BTW.
  • GTKING1st, Hunter, Amy Vinewood and 1 other like this

CUTS3R
  • CUTS3R

I haz medal ! :o

• Members
  • France
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Im with this thread even though i rarely fly helicopters. 

PS: If at any time they plan to increase helis armor they better buff the Heavy Sniper damage back to what it used to be if not more. Or at least against the Savage

Spoiler

• GTKING1st, ten-a-penny, Pastry and 2 others like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:48 PM

I'm not really a fan of helicopters or jets for that matter(I'm more into cars and ground combat), and I think the savage is fine the way it is, but kudos to you for putting up all this work for your cause, that is commandable.

Let's see if this gets R* attention, I signed it BTW.

Thank you a ton man. You don't have to be helisexual to appreciate the effort put in.

I really appreciate it.  :^:

camo_boy67
  • camo_boy67

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:48 PM Edited by camo_boy67, 18 July 2016 - 12:05 AM.

I with you on this petition! It's kind of sad really how sad they made the helicopters in gta online! Especially the annihilator remember how formidable it was on gta iv multiplayer?
They need an armor buff! Or something! It's kind of ridiculous. Even a lousy jet pilot can dodge an homing missile. (Even, if you don't dodge one and get hit by it you you have enough to stable yourself and bail out in time, but as soon as you get hit by one in helicopter you explode on the spot.) But it's impossible to dodge one in a helicopter.
Imagine being in annihilator or a Valkyrie with your organization. You get shot by a homing missiles. It hits you but you survive, and you'll can land and to get into your warehouse safely.
  • Hunter and Amy Vinewood like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Rest in peace, Chester.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:50 PM

Guys, to everyone upvoting this idea, if you want R* to actually look into this, then it's better to upvote his petition on the link provided and not only his post here.
  • Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:53 PM

Guys, to everyone upvoting this idea, if you want R* to actually look into this, then it's better to upvote his petition on the link provided and not only his post here.

And email Rockstar (address is in the OP).

We don't know how long this game's even going to be supported - it's time to kick the helicopter love up a few gears.

PS: If at any time they plan to increase helis armor they better buff the Heavy Sniper damage back to what it used to be if not more. Or at least against the Savage

Spoiler

Oh absolutely. If they gave them seriously buffed armour, I'd even be in favour of an explosive sniper. If not, well still a mighty buff to the one we have now.

And thank you a ton for supporting it.

What's that car you used to really want again? I support that too lol.

MaleTiger
  • MaleTiger

Apex Predator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:54 PM

Oh yeah, I loved the part where he mentioned rockstar implementing a heli faster than a jet, great read.
I love where you reply to every one of my comments to him, the convo is with him lmao not you.

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:56 PM Edited by Icantthinkofonew, 17 July 2016 - 11:57 PM.

I love where you reply to every one of my comments to him, the convo is with him lmao not you.

You're not just launching homing missiles at me though - in locking onto this thread, you're going against the helicopter community.

And if you look, you'll see my post mirrored his anyway.

• ten-a-penny, mareepx and The-Irish-Hunter like this

Spectre "2K"
  • Spectre "2K"

Luxio Lover

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:59 PM

Hell yes. All of this yes. I bought the Annihilator back in 2013 because I assumed it had explosive rounds like TBoGT/TLaD. Was so disappointed. And considering the third Saints Row game even had pivoting cannons on helicopters, really makes me worry about this game sometimes... 

• BigJoe_1 and Hunter like this

MaleTiger
  • MaleTiger

Apex Predator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:59 PM

You're not just launching homing missiles at me though - in locking onto this thread, you're going against the helicopter community.

And if you look, you'll see my post mirrored his anyway.
Yeah well I prefer to have a one to one conversation with someone I've spoke to before and kinda get along with, instead of 2 on 1 where the other is a person I've never liked on the forum lol.

If the next update removed auto stabilisation would you not need new helicopters?

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:04 AM

Yeah well I prefer to have a one to one conversation with someone I've spoke to before and kinda get along with, instead of 2 on 1 where the other is a person I've never liked on the forum lol.

If the next update removed auto stabilisation would you not need new helicopters?

What's wrong with him?

As for that question, that's hard to say. I wouldn't like to remove it completely for the game, as it helps the pilots who need it (not myself). What I would like in that area, is simply an option to turn it off.

• Pilots who know they don't need it get to turn it off and do their flips and stuff.

• Pilots who do need it get to keep it on. Can't do stunts, but can at least stay in the air.

Adding this would stop the lack of auto-stabilization being one of the Hunter's selling points, though it would still be nice to have (might even have a cannon that can pivot), and the other helicopters would definitely still be nice to have.

There's nice to have, and then there's "need" though.

• GTKING1st and mareepx like this

CUTS3R
  • CUTS3R

I haz medal ! :o

• Members
  • France
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:07 AM Edited by CUTS3R, 18 July 2016 - 12:09 AM.

And email Rockstar (address is in the OP).

We don't know how long this game's even going to be supported - it's time to kick the helicopter love up a few gears.

Spoiler

Oh absolutely. If they gave them seriously buffed armour, I'd even be in favour of an explosive sniper. If not, well still a mighty buff to the one we have now.

And thank you a ton for supporting it.

What's that car you used to really want again? I support that too lol.

There is more than one lol but the one i want the most is the R34. ( Back on topic now )

• BigJoe_1 and Hunter like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:09 AM

There is more than one lol but it was the R34.

Well feel free to make a list lol, one off topic post won't hurt. And like I said in the OP, you scratch my rotors; I'll scratch yours.

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:09 AM

I'll still make comments, that's the reason I'm on the forum. You might disregard them, but I'll sh*t my opinion out regardless if I feel like it.

• ten-a-penny, BigJoe_1, chef_archie and 3 others like this

Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:12 AM

I'm 100% backing this idea.

Helicopters are easy kills. You see one flying close just get out the homing launcher and boom, easy kill. For such an easy kill it still gives off that satisfying feeling as if it was an epic kill, just cause you're taking down a chopper.

Best free mode event is the air checkpoints one because the lobby becomes littered with low level noobs in defenceless helicopters. So funny to take them down with such ease.

So yes, more helicopters please

Off topic slightly but just to say, buzzard < savage. I laugh when I see some plucky pilot in a Savage with his 20 ft range machine guns
  • Hunter and The-Irish-Hunter like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:19 AM Edited by Icantthinkofonew, 18 July 2016 - 12:22 AM.

I'm 100% backing this idea.

Helicopters are easy kills. You see one flying close just get out the homing launcher and boom, easy kill. For such an easy kill it still gives off that satisfying feeling as if it was an epic kill, just cause you're taking down a chopper.

Best free mode event is the air checkpoints one because the lobby becomes littered with low level noobs in defenceless helicopters. So funny to take them down with such ease.

So yes, more helicopters please

Off topic slightly but just to say, buzzard < savage. I laugh when I see some plucky pilot in a Savage with his 20 ft range machine guns

Well thank you for backing it, even if your taking enjoyment out of killing my brothers kind of brings a tear to my eye.

About the Savage, yes. Absolutely, that's why it needs a buff.

Just look at this poor, poor guy (the helicopter):

• ten-a-penny, Shootinalloveryourface, The-Irish-Hunter and 1 other like this

seven50iL
  • seven50iL

Bmw Over Bullsh*t

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:34 AM

I agre with OP. We need not only more helicopters, but aviation vechiles in general. How come we can't buy the hangers? Then we can get our stuff customized and upgraded.
  • chef_archie, Hunter, Amy Vinewood and 1 other like this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:35 AM

In short you want them to buff up the attack choppers and gives us some new ones. You could have made your point with out writing an essay. Me I just want them to buff up the savage im indifferent to more helicopter models after all this is GTA not air wolf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users