2,477 replies to this topic
Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:17 PM Edited by Happy Hunter, 2 weeks ago.

POPULAR

source.gif

"Embrace your Inner Helisexuality.®"

TL;DR:

This is a fairly long read, though the general point is this - attack helicopters (and helicopters in general) need more love. So for those of you who aren't interested in reading, yet still agree with this, please email Rockstar a link to this thread, and tell them you support it (their email address is [email protected]). Also, your signing of this petition would be massively appreciated: https://support.rock...icopter-problem

With that out of the way, I'll begin:

Back when this GTA first released, it was a wildly different game. Some parts for the better, a lot of parts for the worse. Something that was a considerable issue, however, was the power certain vehicles had. You had jets going on 50+ killing sprees, near-indestructible tanks, etc. Out of this plethora of unbalanced vehicles, there was one attack vehicle that was more than balanced; it had the potential to be deadly, yet fair, and was incredibly good fun to use. I am, of course, referring to the wonderful little Buzzard.

Fast forward a little, and something comes along that completely upsets the balance of this vehicle, largely putting it out of action. A quick internet search will tell you all you need to know on that front:

Spoiler

Now this thread isn't really about the homing launcher. There've been a lot of misguided calls for it to be removed or nerfed, and let's face it - that's never going to happen. What this thread is about, is that in the 577 days since then, attack helicopters have had nothing truly significant released that brought them back to being the fun, balanced vehicles they were. Hell, forget balance changes - they haven't had anything spectacular for well over a year now.

That is what this thread is about. It's a very general thing really - helicopters need more love. That's all. They have been neglected far too long, and I - as a helisexual - want that to end ASAP.

This thread - and the petition - serves as a push for helicopters to get more love, a place for ideas, a place to show Rockstar what we want, and of course, a place for helisexuals to chat.

If you want or agree with any of the things here, please show your support by emailing Rockstar at [email protected], and by signing https://support.rock...icopter-problem. Maybe you don't want any of the things here, but agree that helicopters need more love? Then contribute what you want to this thread, and then (with your own stake now in it) you can support it. This is intended as a place for us to unite and push for helicopters to get the love they need.

Why don't I start with arguably one of the most called-for things for helicopters?

Buff the Savage's armour. No ifs; no buts. Buff it.

The Savage is based off the Mil Mi-24 Hind; a big, mean, heavily armoured attack helicopter that was used in the Soviet-Afghan war. This was something designed to be flown into a war zone. It was nicknamed "the flying tank". The Mujahideen called it "the chariot of death". Even its rotors could survive an RPG.

How strong is the "Savage"? It's a bit like this:

3Mxmjtp.gif

Not very "Savage", is it? Some "flying tank" that turned out to be.

It can even have its engine critically damaged/disabled by snowballs. Yes; you heard right - snowballs. Click here to see for yourself.

Now before some heliphobe says "oh it's balance" - no. Just no. It's already clumsy, slow, has no form of counter-measures, and has a tiny range on its weapons (which it isn't even allowed to aim properly) ... its got plenty keeping it "balanced" (i.e. woefully underpowered).

How much it needs buffing is debatable. Some say it should take multiple missiles, some want it to only survive one missile. At the very least, I think we can all agree that it should take more than 4 revolver bullets? What kind of heliphobic maniac would say otherwise?

So yeah, buff its armour. While they're at it, buff the Valkyrie too, and that horrendously underpowered Annihilator.

#buff,notnerf

Give us more helicopters.

Its been over a year since we got our paper Hind and paper Huey - how about we finally get something new to play with? For f*ck's sake, I am going to die of helicopter-starvation if we don't get something.

And don't give us some cr*ppy reskinned version of the Swift (minus that helicopter's beauty) - give us some new. Something interesting. Here are some suggestions:

• The Little Willie.

EV6NxA3.jpg

With a name like that, who wouldn't want it added? This guy is tiny and maneuverable, could very likely fly through tunnels, and maybe even transit stations. This would be something that would really freshen up the helicopter scene. We need something like this.

With a little machine gun mounted onto it, it could get up to trouble too.

• The Sea Sparrow.

0jiupBr.jpg

This classic little helicopter can land on water. Need I say more? It's also beautiful, could be a game changer for missions (particularly thanks to its mounted machine gun), and is just ... It's lovely. it's something new to GTA Online too. 

• Mil Mi-8 Hip.

hsLDh3H.png

Another old Soviet helicopter. Chances are, if you've seen a video of a helicopter surviving a missile, it may have been one of these. They're not technically attack helicopters, but they're tough old things, and (if given a decent speed) could be a nice safe way of flying around in GTA Online.

• Mil Mi-26.

vGTtuwf.jpg

Not an attack helicopter, but look at the size of that thing.

Is it a gimmick? Probably. Would it get used much? Probably not. But surely you wouldn't mind giving that a try, just once?

• The Hunter (AH-64 Apache).

Rciuwn9.png

Ko6Z60o.png

Oh yeah, saving the best until last. 

This thing was an absolute beast in all the older GTAs. It could move unlike any other helicopter (thanks to being largely free from auto-stabilization - that mechanic that keeps the helicopter anchored in a steady position - and effectively puts blinders on the best pilots).

It could do flips and rolls, fly upside down, maneuvers that would blow the minds of players who've only played the new GTAs.

Not to mention this is based off an AH-64 Apache - a cutting edge helicopter that really is a serious bit of kit. Apache pilots can aim simply by moving their heads, have head mounted displays to help them spot enemies miles away, and have access to extremely long range weapons to blast the enemy before the enemy ever even sees you.

Best bit yet? This is in the game. There's a movie trailer for it, sound files for it, muzzle flash files for it. It's one of those things that got cut (like the Hydra, etc.). But just like the Hydra, it could return.

o2BJ0j.gif

You can see in my own thread for it, even in a poll of over 500 people, over 70% want this back.

The missile jammer.

Real helicopters have electronic counter-measures, and they're one of the few things that keep helicopters safe from real-world homing launchers.

Helisexuals have been asking for this longer than I can remember, and then it's finally given in the form of the missile jammer.

The catch? We can't add this to any of our aircraft whatsoever. It is only available on a select few cargo delivery missions.

Talk about slapping us in the face, kicking us in the nuts, and just generally stinging us. I mean, really?

This is something that can give helicopters the balance they used to have - the balance that was so ignorantly taken from them all those hundreds of days ago. It's about time.

Customization.

Another thing people have been asking for, and then it's just limited to a select few cargo delivery missions.

I want to see all sorts of wacky stuff. I want to see pink Buzzards flying around, Annihilators with upgraded armour, Savages and Cuban 800s with the ability to drop bombs, etc. Imagine if you could give a Cargobob the ability to drop down ammo supplies to your friends on the ground? That's the kind of thing this could add.

Here's a video that's been edited to simulate what Pegasus vehicle customization could look like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deji1w4xZwI

Make the Annihilator useful.

7sFioU1.jpg

Give this poor, poor guy the buffs it needs so badly. I think it needs a complete overhaul. It's meant to be a big, bad helicopter:

GrmhIwy.jpg

Instead it's a joke.

Give us long range weapons.

Doesn't this look wrong to you?

Savage range:

aTmn3xI.png

Hydra range:

M5Y16lQ.png

Why is the range on the Savage shorter than that of the much more powerful Hydra? Doesn't make sense at all.

The cannon on an actual Hind can reach up to 1km. Obviously that would probably be too long for GTA, but it's food for thought. Helicopters are meant to have long range weaponry - they're meant to be able to reach enemies while (mostly) out of harm's way.

Instead we have a cannon that reaches about 20ft, and even weapons like pistols can hit it. Which is pretty abysmal.

Give us an option to turn off auto-stabilization.

Auto-stabilization limits how much a player can move their helicopter in any one direction. Here's a gif/diagram to demonstrate how auto-stabilization works.

The red line represents the angle at which auto-stabilization kicks in:

ZMBc6HM.gif

Now by taking away auto-stabilization, you take away that red line, and the helicopter can push down as far as it wants to.

This is why it would be a great option to have - players would be far less limited in the way they could move their helicopters.

How does this look in practice? It looks good, and you can see for yourself here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFOqqbT_cV0

What can you do to help helisexuality?

Sign the petition, and email Rockstar a link to this thread/petition (along with your saying you support it) at [email protected] Try to get your friends to do the same, and anyone else who might feel inclined to help you out.

You could even put this in your signature here like I have. I, personally, am going to promote this as much as I can. The helicopter-drought has lasted way too long.

This thread also sponsors:

Quinn_flower's wonderful clothing thread:

http://gtaforums.com...othing-choices/

(That might seem like a strange choice, but it's a thread I wholeheartedly agree with. It also inspired me in making this, so it's only right. We're all just people who all want something or the other anyway; better to be supportive of others ideas than ignorant).

Quinn_flowers make up thread:

http://gtaforums.com...false-lashes-r/

(Sort of like a spiritual successor to her first thread. It has a smaller following, and maybe it's not for everyone, but it has my support, and I'd hope even those who aren't into it keep an open mind and be respectful. Its requests coming true would make some very happy).

LieutenantLoserz Aviation DLC thread:

http://gtaforums.com...e-aviation-dlc/

(Goes without saying doesn't it? Mmmmmm, helicopters. And some planes. Mmmm, planes).

HeistsActivist's - you guessed it - heists thread:

http://gtaforums.com...much-potential/

(He scratched my rotors and gave me a mention, so you all know the deal. Plus more heists are probably our best chance of getting some neat armed vehicles like the Hunter. And really, why would I turn down more heists anyway?)

lol232's bring back old events to Xbox One/PS4/PC thread:

http://gtaforums.com...ts-to-pcps4xbo/

(Seems like a very logical thread to me. Game's shouldn't cut stuff down as they get older, and since we have the ability to hide current events, I don't see why we couldn't have both).

Darth Absentis's lift the property cap thread:

http://gtaforums.com...ty-cap-removed/

(What has the property cap ever done but make people feel constrained and cause a ton of arguing on this forum? I wouldn't shed a tear if it went and we could buy as many properties as we want).

xInfamousRYANx's Car Physics Bug (Including the Infernus Classic) thread:

http://gtaforums.com...fernus-classic/

Actually a thread just spreading the word of someone else's thread on the support site - adam10603, and you can see (and upvote if you want) his thread here. It's about a glitch with some cars - most notably the Infernus Classic. To cut a long (ish) story short, it messes up their handling a little, and could do with being fixed.

Helicopter Dank Memes:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069426282

(A growing list of oh-so-dank memes. You can use them at any time, as well as contribute if you want. Promote helicopters and their plight, while bathing in the pure dankness of meme-ry).

Hunter emojis:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069412358

(Similar to above, a list of Hunter emojis you can use to express yourself and promote the beautiful helicopter simultaneously. If you want to try your hand at replicating and contributing, you can do that too).

I'm also very open to/actively seeking other threads/causes to sponsor. Scratch my rotors, and I'll scratch yours.

Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:19 PM

Could probably do with a tl:dr for the lazy ones among us :beerhat:
  • MrWuggy, Rodrows, fw3 and 3 others like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:22 PM

Could probably do with a tl:dr for the lazy ones among us :beerhat:

Oh yes there's one at the top, I might just go and name it a "TL;DR".

I have to remake the post on the support site anyway, for whatever reason that's vanished lol.

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:23 PM

The petition link is already dead. Rip hunter brothers.

• Hunter and Amy Vinewood like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:41 PM

I've made another now. Let's see if heliphobia strikes again.

• R3CON, Amy Vinewood and NataliePiers like this

HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST
  • HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST

Freeroaming carebear hug/kiss ratio 15.60

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:41 PM

You went in hard here WOW  :) but as you know i stand blade to blade on this subject unleash the hunter  :^:  :^:  :^:

• FlacidJack, GTKING1st, chef_archie and 5 others like this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:42 PM Edited by Sky_Light12, 17 July 2016 - 09:44 PM.

and helicopter weaponry has ability to pivot up and down , eliminating poor-performing helicopter's weakness like annihilator

and eversince 3 year , not even a slightest hint of hunter's release , oh come on R*

• GTKING1st, Hunter and NataliePiers like this

infectedG636
  • infectedG636

Hi I'm Old Man, and this is my son Pawnshop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:43 PM

I've made another now. Let's see if heliphobia strikes again.

Holy sh*t a talking helicopter

• GTKING1st, BigJoe_1, LL Cool L and 8 others like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:47 PM

and helicopter weaponry has ability to pivot up and down , eliminating poor-performing helicopter's weakness like annihilator

Yeah this is a big thing. That the helicopters we have now just have their weapons cemented in place is laughable.

Some helicopters you don't even need to push a button - you can just look at stuff and the gun aims.

You went in hard here WOW   :) but as you know i stand blade to blade on this subject unleash the hunter  :^:  :^:  :^:

I figure we don't know how long the game has left, so if we don't push for helicopter rights soon we might never get them.

Here's the link for anyone interested:

https://support.rock...icopter-problem

Get your foot in the door before they crack down on me lol.

• HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST, ROCKSTAR MANIC and BigJoe_1 like this

PS-GTAIVplayer
  • PS-GTAIVplayer

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:51 PM

tl;dr seems like choppers need buffing, homing launcher needs nerfing.

I really agree on the Savage. It is slow and feeble, a poor excuse for a gunship. It can be strong for missions and in a lobby with lower ranks players, but anything that can fly and is armed, seems better.

• 609_uu and NataliePiers like this

DoucheBagForum
  • DoucheBagForum

Protect the rule from a unbiased perspective

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:51 PM Edited by DoucheBagForum, 17 July 2016 - 09:52 PM.

Still all more useful then:

Karin-Technical-GTA-5-Online-Rear-View.j

No complaints, no technical lives matter so why give buff armor to the things with aa rounds 

• Hunter likes this

HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST
  • HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST

Freeroaming carebear hug/kiss ratio 15.60

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:51 PM

Yeah this is a big thing. That the helicopters we have now just have their weapons cemented in place is laughable.

Some helicopters you don't even need to push a button - you can just look at stuff and the gun aims.

You went in hard here WOW   :) but as you know i stand blade to blade on this subject unleash the hunter  :^:  :^:  :^:

I figure we don't know how long the game has left, so if we don't push for helicopter rights soon we might never get them.

In time we will get it just like everything else one day in the near future the sky will have a new king and that WILL BE the hunter in the right hands :)

• FlacidJack, chef_archie, Hunter and 2 others like this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:54 PM

Still all more useful then:

-snip-

Oh I don't know, I think I'd take that over an Annihilator tbh.

tl;dr seems like choppers need buffing, homing launcher needs nerfing.

I really agree on the Savage. It is slow and feeble, a poor excuse for a gunship. It can be strong for missions and in a lobby with lower ranks players, but anything that can fly and is armed, seems better.

Not quite. The homing launcher is what it is. Of course us helisexuals don't like it, but I'm out of the "nerf the homing launcher" stage. It's more that helicopters don't have any of the anti-homing launcher measures they do in reality, and they haven't had any love in ages.

• GTKING1st likes this

----------------------
  • ----------------------

Man With No Name

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:54 PM Edited by jacka, 17 July 2016 - 09:55 PM.

The Hunter could of been retooled to become the Savage though. I hope it wasn't, but it still is a possibility.

Would be awesome if they added it in a future update though. That and buff the Savage. That's all I'd want to see.

• Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:59 PM

Right the petition thread seems (seems) to be up properly now. If it goes down, I'll put up another. We are the helicopter resistance, fighting this evil heliphobic system.

I will be back a little later, keep the helisexuality flowing guys! Love you all, Hunter-bros.

• Alvarez, ---------------------- and The-Irish-Hunter like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:13 PM

I think we need a promotional video for the helisexual suggestion.

• GTKING1st, Sky_Light12 and Hunter like this

DominusTaranis
  • DominusTaranis

Frog

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:24 PM

I have a problem with one of these choppers.

The 26....it wouldn't fit. Anywhere. On any helipad except maybe smack dab center of the marina.

Also, some minor minigun swivel please? QQ

+1 Otherwise. Always wanted interesting, whacky things and the closest we get is a 3 axle mercedes. Plus, anything that lets me ruin the Lost, Merryweather, various other gangs and thr "professionals" is a huge yes.

#f*ckthehomolawnchair
  • Amy Vinewood likes this

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:25 PM

Can't wait for the first Helisexual pride parade.

• livejoker, HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST, Crimie Marston and 5 others like this

r.lorenzo13
  • r.lorenzo13

"Top Hat-ting it up like a G"

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:27 PM Edited by r.lorenzo13, 19 July 2016 - 04:52 PM.

I'm not big into copters(must admit and not very good at using them), but I will throw my support your way.. Mainly because of the word "helisexuality"...
  • Aether, alkaline_, Hunter and 3 others like this

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:32 PM

Signed it. I hope we hunter brothers get what we deserve (i dont mean that in a bad way).

• Hunter, Amy Vinewood and The-Irish-Hunter like this

SuperHolySheep
  • SuperHolySheep

Dead End Friends

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:35 PM

You guys already have a promotional video.

• livejoker, Dustkiller, Rented and 18 others like this

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:53 PM

Time in GTA Online: 81 1/2 days.
Time flying helicopters: 3 days.

Seems like it should be more.

I'm with you, bro!
  • Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:59 PM

Time in GTA Online: 81 1/2 days.
Time flying helicopters: 3 days.

Seems like it should be more.

I'm with you, bro!

Rotor-brothers unite.  :^:

I'm not big into copters(must admit and not very good using them), but I will through my support your way.. Mainly because of the word "helisexuality"...

Thank you a ton, helps a lot. I'll be sure to keep an open mind to your interests too.  ;)

I have a problem with one of these choppers.

The 26....it wouldn't fit. Anywhere. On any helipad except maybe smack dab center of the marina.

Also, some minor minigun swivel please? QQ

The 26 wouldn't fit anywhere but large airfields I guess. But it's meant as more of a fun gimmick anyway. Kind of like the helicopter equivalent of owning a 747 - it's not something you'd use much, but who wouldn't want to say they own the biggest helicopter in the game?

Also, what's QQ?

Audi
  • Audi

Street 2 Track

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:07 PM Edited by AudiGuy, 17 July 2016 - 11:08 PM.

man-clapping-gif11.gif?w=900

You know I'm with you. Especially the Savage.

• DevilDaRebel, Awesome9822, chef_archie and 4 others like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:10 PM

If I support this, does this make me helisexual?

• Hunter, Amy Vinewood and Happy Hunter like this

Retroview1955
  • Retroview1955

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:11 PM Edited by Retroview1955, 17 July 2016 - 11:13 PM.

I agree.

@OP: What do you expect -- to be invincible while flying Pegasus vehicles?

I don't see Rockstar adding anymore attack Pegasus vehicles, because of what happened after they added the Hydra. I actually think it's funny how the minute someone in a Hydra starts griefing an organization, they leave the session.

Gee, I wonder what happened? They kicked the dude in the jet from the session.

I also find it funny when someone needs heavy artillery to kill a single player on the ground in Freemode.

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:16 PM

I agree.

I think that guy's a supporter lol, look at this:

Signed it. I hope we hunter brothers get what we deserve (i dont mean that in a bad way).

@OP: What do you expect -- to be invincible while flying Pegasus vehicles?

I don't see Rockstar adding anymore attack Pegasus vehicles, because of what happened after they added the Hydra. I actually think it's funny how the minute someone in a Hydra starts griefing an organization, they leave the session.

Gee, I wonder what happened? They kicked the dude in the jet from the session.

I also find it funny when someone needs heavy artillery to kill a single player on the ground in Freemode.

I don't want to be invincible. I wasn't invincible back when helicopters were properly balanced (if anything they were still pretty weak).

Also, comparing a helicopter to a jet? What's that all about? Have you ever even used the two? Probably not, if you think they're in any way comparable.

As for this thing about killing a single player, well I find it even more funny when people make massive generalizations. I use vehicles to take on groups of players who outnumber me, take down other attack vehicles, do CEO work, missions, etc.

If I support this, does this make me helisexual?

Only if you want it to.  ;)

• ten-a-penny, mareepx, chef_archie and 2 others like this

MaleTiger
  • MaleTiger

Apex Predator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:16 PM

Come on mate, this is getting ridiculous now. You already have a thread for the Hunter.

There's loads of Helicopters in the game already and nobody uses them. We understand you want the Hunter and some other ones, but when you ask for it 1000 times literally it starts to piss me off.
  • Sir Alpha YT likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:20 PM

Come on mate, this is getting ridiculous now. You already have a thread for the Hunter.

There's loads of Helicopters in the game already and nobody uses them. We understand you want the Hunter and some other ones, but when you ask for it 1000 times literally it starts to piss me off.

This is far more general than the Hunter.

This is about something much deeper than that. This is the far bigger picture of helicopters getting more love in general.

You say there's loads of helicopters and nobody uses them? Well exactly - why do you think that is? Nobody uses them because Rockstar have failed to make them worth using. That is the kind of thing I'm pushing against.

You don't have to take part in this thread if you don't want to. I would ask that you don't bring a heliphobic attitude here though.

• el carlitos, ten-a-penny, eyman and 13 others like this

Mr_Zombly
  • Mr_Zombly

uh oh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2016

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:21 PM

He's not just asking for the hunter, he made a well written thread which highlights WHY people don't fly helis as much.

The point of this thread is to try to get rockstars attention so that they hopefully do make helis worth flying again.

If it pissess you off, block him or don't click on threads that literally say helisexuality. 

• Shaundi., ten-a-penny, eyman and 12 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users