• trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:33 PM Edited by trip, 16 March 2017 - 10:04 PM.

Yeah boy!!! Take that NES Mini
hmFOr32.jpg

zw6DHMw.jpg

wob3VpY.jpg

$35 for the Pi
$15 for the controller
$12 for the 32 gig microUSB card.

Took all but an hour to create the boot image and do the base configuration.

Amazing!!!
Stop by their site to see the amazing list of emulators supports...nothing crucial missing from the super huge list.
https://retropie.org.uk/
Did I say neat?

E:
I just moved over all 1029 NES roms I own.
Next up. Sega Genesis.
  • Daz, El Diablo, K^2 and 9 others like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:13 AM

trip I wish you were my dad

• KilnerLUFC and Pavle like this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

Well that's it I guess...

It's a damn bummer because so many people wanted one and the f*cking scalpers have been hoarding them for double the price. Expect those prices to go up even crazier now. I'm glad I got one, and a buddy of mine is Japan is promising me the Famicom edition, but it's still a sh*t move by Nintendo.

IF it's over the rom hacking I don't understand why Nintendo just didn't start using smaller cards sizes...

Hoping they re-launch the product. But that's just crossed fingers.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:13 PM Edited by Fireman, 13 April 2017 - 10:17 PM.

Damn, should've bought one for €65, they're only going to rise in price now.

I don't understand why anyone would want these still, but must be me, apparantely.

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

I wanted to pick one for myself eventually. So I checked and yep, every store already jacked up the price to 105 € or more.

This company is just unbelievable. I don't understand how they can have ANY goodwill with this kind of crap they are constantly pulling off. Nintendo gamers are like abusive spouses. "Oh but he's good to me..."

I can still pick up a new PS3. But to pick up a product that was announced not even a year ago, and shipped just over 3 months ago, which had already ridiculous shipping and stocking problems, the price has now gone to double.

This company really doesn't deserve to get any money, at least not for the hardware. Their contempt for their customers is so clear, the only thing they need now is to include a literal turd with any piece of hardware.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:58 PM

Then don't. No-one is forcing you to pick up one.

As for Nintendo's decision, it is completely understandable from the point of view of a company. They had no way of knowing what the demand for this would be, specially since a lot of people eventually came out saying that it was a stupid idea since they can just emulate the games far easier or get one of those other alternatives that will run the roms just as well. Ish. Sort of.

That, plus all the other billion things they already are producing. Imagine they produced 10 times as many, and they didn't sell. Massive losses. This way they produced fewer, sold through every single one of them, proved the concept, and can come up with a better version in the future. The Japanese announcement said they are temporarily suspending production while they work on improvements.

Again, you don't have to buy their products. But do keep on bitching.

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

Oh yea? So why did all the stores immediately double the price? Maybe because they anticipate higher demand? Why did Ninty themselves announce they're making sure that Switch shipments will be sufficient? Maybe because even they are able to gauge demand and produce enough stuff when they want to? Because companies have people and departments for marketing and planning?

Yea nobody is forcing me to buy their crap and they keep making sure I won't. A company which treats their customers like garbage deserves to be called out on their sh*t. But you keep on apologizing. No need to respond.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

Uh, they didn't immediately double the price. Where are you getting your info from? Stores sold out quickly, because douchebags like to buy several for resale, as they did with the amiibo and any other sort of collectible.

They're making sure shipment will sufficient for what they planned. They expected around 1m sales for the first batch, so they shipped around 1m units. And lo and behold, they were right. Now they can use the money and time to prepare adjustments for the second time around. 

As for the Nintendo Classic, here's a break down as to why it was done the way it was. Read it, or don't.

And it is hilarious that you keep saying you won't buy their products and keep saying they are crap, yet you keep popping up on every topic about anything Nintendo makes with the sole intent of sh*tting on it. We get it, you hate it. Move along. It won't matter to us or to Nintendo.

And I don't see where I was apologizing. I was offering some explanation as to why Nintendo could have acted the way it did. I enjoy Nintendo products because they are usually done with a lot of quality, and offer entertainment that is to my liking. 

No need to respond.

• KilnerLUFC likes this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:23 PM Edited by RogerWho, 14 April 2017 - 04:30 PM.

Uh, they didn't immediately double the price. Where are you getting your info from?

Because I was in a gaming store a week ago, the NES Classic was on the shelf for 65 €. Now the same store is selling it for 105 €. Go figure.

And yea call me a douchebag if you want, but at least I helped 2 people get their consoles for Christmas because I sold them to countries where they weren't selling at all. Totally my fault, not Nintendo's.

Originally when I ordered the 2 pcs I wanted one for myself and one to give away to a friend's kid (who turned out wasn't interested at all). I was about to cancel the order when the courier called with the shipment. Yea again definitely my fault, not Nintendo's.

And it is hilarious that you keep saying you won't buy their products and keep saying they are crap, yet you keep popping up on every topic about anything Nintendo makes with the sole intent of sh*tting on it.

Actually so far a lot of Ninty hardware has got me interested initially. It's what they keep doing after each announcement is what keeps pissing me off. I in fact had a preorder on the Switch, and I wanted that NES Classic. But yea, right. From now on whatever they announce I can just go on and bitch about it immediately because it's clear they'll continue treating their customers including the potential ones as garbage.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:25 AM

The gaming community sure is blowing up over this....

I think Nintendo is doing the right thing at the moment even though most people don't see it this way. Initially they didn't make mass quantities due to the fact many people can just emulate or get these games on the virtual console. They tested the field...and this is what Nintendo have had to noticed.

A. The scalpers were taking these limited quantities and reselling for twice the amount

B. The tiny console is able to have 600+ more games illegally added to it.

I hope Nintendo is re-designing the thing to not allow roms to be added and build a decent stock to deliver before announcement. The current system is a design failure I imagine of copyright issues the most of us won't be able to grasp.

• Tchuck likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:22 PM Edited by Daz, 15 April 2017 - 08:31 PM.

I am so f*cking pissed off by this. I knew something like this would happen, it felt like such a too good to be true product and as soon as there were no stock in even after christmas I knew it was way more likely this would be discontinued than seeing that price drop below £120. I now feel like a right prick as I could have got one at that price even before christmas (part of the reason for wanting it in the first place) and as low as £99 a few months ago. It was even £118 for a while on prime sellers on amazon and I now want to punch myself in the scrotum for not just doing it. Now the prices will only be £220+ and will only go up and up so now the chances of ever getting one are f*cking nil.

I just don't f*cking understand this moronic company. Why the f*ck do this in the first place? Why waste the time, energy and money to release it and discontinue it within 5 f*cking months before anyone can even get a chance to buy one. How could they not estimate how many would be sold and how much demand there was? I just honestly don't get it. For the price point how could you not expect everyone to want to own SMB in a tiny box? It is a no brainer. Even if the entire market was just for kids f*cking stocking stuffers why the f*ck wouldn't you own it? I refuse to believe they didn't believe in the product or else they wouldn't have made it. I think they just realized that it was creating more f*cking hype than their sh*tty switch and didn't want that to sell less than these things.

There is about 5% chance that they are pulling it to slightly redesign it (maybe longer cables) maybe add some SD card storage or other features, but it really just seems like they just do what the f*ck they want and would rather cut their own cock off than let anyone touch it at this point. If they don't plan on that, getting a SNES version is f*cking out the window.

It's decisions like this that make me baffled why the company isn't yet completely in the sh*tter. Essentially just piggybacking the arse off 3 different franchises raking in the royalties selling the same sh*t over and over. It is sh*t like this that actually makes me want them to fail on their arse now. They could have done something nice for the older fans and introduce these classics back in to the wild as a museum piece for kids to rediscover again. But no, f*ck it, too much trouble apparently.

I know I can just emulator up, but knowing I had something pre-made for this specific purpose with little to no skill required to use really f*cks me off. I wanted it as a way to get my nieces and nephews into gaming in a cheap way that wouldn't be difficult. Back when all you had to do was shove a cartridge in and turn on the power button. Something without the f*cking need to have a bullsh*t online account or have to download updates.

I am f*cked off because many people who have been waiting since BEFORE launch to be able to buy one, not even getting a preorder option, still haven't got one and now they are gone.

f*ck them, and f*ck their bullsh*t strategy, bunch of f*cking mushroom f*ckers.

• El Diablo, Vanzant, Indi and 2 others like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:47 PM

this Mini NES never really appealed to me but I definitely understand why people are upset by the whole venture.

it sounds like the whole thing was a kind of viral commercial to remind the world that Nintendo still exists in time for the Switch launch.

rumor has it that the Switch will become a platform/suite for classic NES and SNES roms, which pretty much defeats the purpose of having the Mini NES to begin with...

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Here we go AGAIN.

LINK SOURCE https://www.yahoo.co...-162205811.html

SNES Classic Edition Planned ^ Link button not working - Test

Ok Link works

Discuss....

Will Nintendo repeat the same mistakes?

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

What a load of horse sh*t.

Sure, I would much prefer the snes version. But it still doesn't change the fact their "non permanent product" was launched and discontinued within 6 months before people waiting patiently could ever buy it. And that the NES version is completely extinct.

How do we not know they aren't just going to do the exact same thing this time? That sh*t will go out of stock again before its even available to preorder, just like last time I will be waiting like a f*cking schmuck f*ck, checking amazon every day to see if its back in stock. They need to allow enough time for everyone that wants one to get one before they pull it again.

Do you really think anyone would have been happy to hear that a year ago their NES classic was only going to be available for 6 months and nobody would be able to get it from a legit vendor. Do you think anyone would have even bothered to try? All that time f*cking wasted.

I don't trust their strategy at this point, unless they confirm they will do another run of the NES and guarantee the SNES version will be available to everyone for enough time. Because if I miss out on this one as well it won't just be my cock I will be ripping off I will hunt all those pricks down.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

They'll just up the price I imagine.

$700 Mini SNES with 5 games.

• RogerWho likes this

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Indi, 4 weeks ago.

What a load of horse sh*t.

Sure, I would much prefer the snes version. But it still doesn't change the fact their "non permanent product" was launched and discontinued within 6 months before people waiting patiently could ever buy it. And that the NES version is completely extinct.

How do we not know they aren't just going to do the exact same thing this time? That sh*t will go out of stock again before its even available to preorder, just like last time I will be waiting like a f*cking schmuck f*ck, checking amazon every day to see if its back in stock. They need to allow enough time for everyone that wants one to get one before they pull it again.

Do you really think anyone would have been happy to hear that a year ago their NES classic was only going to be available for 6 months and nobody would be able to get it from a legit vendor. Do you think anyone would have even bothered to try? All that time f*cking wasted.

I don't trust their strategy at this point, unless they confirm they will do another run of the NES and guarantee the SNES version will be available to everyone for enough time. Because if I miss out on this one as well it won't just be my cock I will be ripping off I will hunt all those pricks down.

I think you are genuinely best off going on eBay and paying the scalped prices for the SNES Mini if you can't get one from a vendor.  Otherwise well...  look what's happened now, the scalpers are selling the NES Minis for even more than before.  Basically horsesh*t.

I managed to get a NES Mini by sadly paying the scalped price on eBay...  I didn't like doing it though but I'm really glad I did now.

Vaulttec
  • Vaulttec

Vault Dweller

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Vaulttec, 3 weeks ago.

Glad I stocked up on theses things. I'm going to wait for summer time and ask $500+ for it. Seeing as it's discontinued. Call me what you want but I'm going to do the same with the snes mini classic as well.
  • RogerWho likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I just have to accept the loss and know it was my own mistake for not getting one sooner.

It isn't really worth it past £130 as you can get a damn Wii for not much more and that would already have these classics on it. I didn't want it for a collection piece, I wanted it as a rugged gaming machine to be used a lot. The prices are now no longer worth what the contents are. Why pay £200 on amazon, when I could spend another £36 and get a PS4. It was a steal at £50, it was pretty good at £100. I was stupid not to go for it when it was consistently £118. Now it is just no longer worth it.

I am going to go the raspberry pi route I think, compliments to trip.

• trip and Indi like this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Nicaragua
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

As a reminder, if any member wants to advertise selling one of their scalped units on here, don't. GTAForums isn't a flea market nor a swap meet.

• Tchuck and KilnerLUFC like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

I am going to go the raspberry pi route I think, compliments to trip.

Plus it's wayyyyy cooler.
t1Mvkkm.jpg

F'real though...Hear me out.

If anyone has delt with nostalgic gaming they know that these little visits down memory lane don't last long. I feel I speak from solid experience with the bonus of being there when MAME was birthed.

I discovered a nice trick to add more play time to your nostalgic gaming. Install KODI on your raspberry pi gaming unit. No sh*t. You turn on your little fun box and are like "hey...I think I'll play some Road Rash while my chick gets ready to watch a movie".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users