Photo

Attack in Nice, France

126 replies to this topic
Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

You can do anything once.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:34 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 22 July 2016 - 06:40 PM.

Another attack in Germany:

I just heard about that Munich mall shooting a few minutes ago on the news. At the moment, one person is dead and up to 10 are wounded. No other details yet.

Edit: Another shooting just happened at a metro station: https://twitter.com/...543477270196224

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:32 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 22 July 2016 - 06:34 PM.

Given that Germany played virtually no part in Iraq and Afghanistan, doesn't "occupy" any Muslim territories and has been overwhelmingly receptive of refugees, perhaps at its own expense, these attacks really do show that it's not grievances/frustrations but ideology driving these attacks.

Jesus christ, you are f*cking thick. Germany was a major contributor to the Afghan war, still has 980 people stationed there, and has joined the fight against Daesh in Syria. I mean, are you just purposefully obtuse to hold on to a religious belief that there is an ideological war between Islam and the West because they hate how free we are? You are as stupid as that part of the Arab world which is saying the West is waging war on Islam. Just the other side of the coin.

Anyway, this is horrible and it seems a matter of time before my country (Netherlands) will be the target, considering we have participated in all of the US Middle East escapades and still do.

• Melchior likes this

Abel.
  • Abel.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:09 PM Edited by Failure, 22 July 2016 - 07:20 PM.

Germany played a limited role in the Afghan war that was domestically controversial. A friend of mine (well a languages assistant of mine in high school) had a son who served there during his Bundeswehr service. In the grand scheme of things Germany was not a principal actor though, so the much-touted "terrorist attacks are due to interventuonism" line doesn't really apply to that country.

 dice
  •  dice

Always rolling

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Server SAMP 2009

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

There are actually reports of at least one attacker being german and shouting "f*ck foreigners"

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:20 PM

Germany played a limited role in the Afgham war that was domestically controversial. A friend of mine had a son who served there during his Bundeswehr service. In the grand scheme of things Germany was not a principal actor though, so the much-touted "terrorist attacks are due to interventuonism" line doesn't really apply to that country.

KSK and KSM was very active in Afghan, specially in the North fighting the Chechen members of the Taliban and they are very active now in Syria and Iraq

• Eutyphro likes this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:29 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 22 July 2016 - 07:41 PM.

Germany played a limited role in the Afghan war that was domestically controversial. A friend of mine (well a languages assistant of mine in high school) had a son who served there during his Bundeswehr service. In the grand scheme of things Germany was not a principal actor though, so the much-touted "terrorist attacks are due to interventuonism" line doesn't really apply to that country.

I want to make a statement before I thoroughly debunk this that though I'm unsure whether it is appropriate to debunk this with the sad truth, I will do so, which has no bearing on my sentiments about the current attack, about which the information is still unclear.

http://www.spiegel.d...n-a-445133.html

"More images showing German soldiers playing with skulls and bones in Afghanistan have surfaced. The site had been a regular stopping point for patrols. Those who didn't play along were considered wimps."

http://www.spiegel.d...y-a-927891.html

"Afghanistan has been the most important experience for the German armed forces. It was the first time since World War II that the German military was involved in real combat action," 

Wikipedia:

"German troops together with allied forces of Regional Command North have conducted own combat operations in northern and northeast Afghanistan, inflicting as many as 650 casualties upon insurgents. Germany has agreed to send 850 additional troops in 2010, raising the mandate ceiling to 5,350 troops. 53 German troops and 3 police officers have been killed in Afghanistan."

http://www.spiegel.d...e-a-677289.html

"German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle told parliament on Wednesday that the military deployment in Afghanistan was considered an "armed conflict within the parameters of international law." He said that "we have to call things by the proper name, we owe it to those who are exposing themselves to danger on the front lines."

The statement should allow German soldiers based in the country to act without fear of being prosecuted back home under the German penal code."

https://en.wikipedia...unduz_airstrike

"The 2009 Kunduz airstrike took place on Friday 4 September 2009 at roughly 2:30 am local time,[3] 7 km (4.3 mi) southwest of Kunduz City, Kunduz province in northern Afghanistan, near the hamlets of Omar Kheil by the border of the Chahar Dara and Ali Abad districts.[4] Responding to a call by German forces, an American F-15E fighter jet struck two fuel tankers captured by Taliban insurgents, killing over 90 civilians in the attack.[2]

Because of the high civilian death toll, the airstrike had political repercussions, especially in Germany. In June 2010 Germany announced it would pay $5,000 to each of the families of over 100 civilian victims, as an ex gratia payment without admitting liability.[2] The former Afghan Commerce Minister Amin Farhang described the $5,000—equivalent to about 20,000 Afghanis—as a "laughable" sum.[5] Earlier, Germany had reclassified the Afghanistan deployment as an "armed conflict within the parameters of international law", allowing German forces to act without risk of prosecution under German law.[6]"
  • Abel. likes this

Abel.
  • Abel.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:44 PM

Well sourced response. My point remains but I'll definitely concede that to you.
  • Eutyphro likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users