GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

DILF in waiting

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

Lol, congrats on fully agreeing with a paraphrased Mussolini quote. It's very telling that your first impulse is to make the deaths of dozens of people a soapbox for (literally) fascist talking points.

Well my first impulse was to think and say how awful this is. After things became slightly clearer, yes I then wanted to talk about the issues. Believing in the concept of the nation and supporting that doesn't equal fascism though.

@Eutyphro, I've read reports that say he also shouted Allahu Akbar. Not strictly following the religion doesn't mean much, you don't have to be devout and strictly follow it to act on religious sympathies or for them to play a part.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Nškyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

Erm, terrorism is defined by ideology. The distinction between a terrorist attack and a mass murder is the ideological basis for the former. At this point we don't know whether there's any ideological basis behind the attack.
  • Tchuck and Eutyphro like this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Saint-Barthelemy

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:50 PM

We call this scumbag a terrorist not because of his skin color or even religion. He's a terrorist becouse he is terrorizing people. The sooner people recognize this in ideological terms the better.

That would all be great and dandy, if you were to call Dylann Roof, the Columbine Massacre guys, the jewish settlers who murder Palestinians, the Sandy Hook killer etc.. so simply all the white mass murderers, terrorists as well. Which I don't think you would or have done. And I'm not even calling anyone racists over this, because people are making this mistake en masse. But it is a racist mistake. 

I mean, reading on the first page of this topic about how we should learn from Israel treatment of hostile brown people, also if you consider Israel is a very racist society against African immigrants, it all disgusts me. We can't beat hate and violence with more hate and violence. We have to consider our safety, but we can't be the aggressor and justify hate and violence with our own conduct.

Fonz
  • Fonz

Passarim quis pousar, n„o deu, voou

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:50 PM

Well my first impulse was to think and say how awful this is. After things became slightly clearer, yes I then wanted to talk about the issues. Believing in the concept of the nation and supporting that doesn't equal fascism though.

No, but agreeing with an almost word-for-word quotation of Mussolini's description of fascism and 'spiritual nationalism' certainly does.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:04 PM Edited by Typhus, 15 July 2016 - 05:15 PM.

No, but agreeing with an almost word-for-word quotation of Mussolini's description of fascism and 'spiritual nationalism' certainly does.

Mussolini had some good ideas. Where he erred was in his foreign policy, overextending an ill-prepared and underfunded military into foolish adventures in Spain and Greece and Ethiopia. But he founded a whole ideology on glorifying war, and had to back it up, I suppose. Oh, and going along with Hitler's anti-semitism, that was a mistake. A clumsy one, which inevitably divided his people, having been forced on them so quickly, without the same propaganda which had so dehumanized German Jews. And it must be said that some of his fashion choices certainly left a lot to be desired. Ultimately, he was a fool, but one capable of passing moments of clarity.

Still, there's something to be said for Statism. Now, you're right. A country is just a hunk of land. Cultures exist, people have distinct heritage and history, but the nation? Oftentimes flag-waving makes me profoundly uncomfortable, mostly because it so often leads to xenophobia, hate crimes and so on. These are divisive, they serve no purpose, scapegoating entire swathes of society doesn't make society stronger.

But enforced loyalty, enforced ideology, uniformity of thought. These are sound ideas. Call it the "nation", the "people", "God", whatever you want. The specifics never truly matter.

All I know is nations like France currently seem like an ant-hive with no Queen, no direction. You cannot leave such crude clay to mold itself and then whine at its ugliness

• Failure, GTA_stu and X S like this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Saint-Barthelemy

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:12 PM

@Eutyphro, I've read reports that say he also shouted Allahu Akbar. Not strictly following the religion doesn't mean much, you don't have to be devout and strictly follow it to act on religious sympathies or for them to play a part.

Because off course witness reports during extremely tragic and stressful events are very reliable sources of information. Nah, they are not. I'm not completely ruling out it turns out he was doing it for Daesh, but you were really far too quick assuming it.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:33 PM Edited by Typhus, 15 July 2016 - 05:34 PM.

Because off course witness reports during extremely tragic and stressful events are very reliable sources of information. Nah, they are not. I'm not completely ruling out it turns out he was doing it for Daesh, but you were really far too quick assuming it.

Honestly, I didn't think it was ISIS for a while there, I'm still not convinced. It seemed far more like a lone wolf attack, like those occassional knife killing sprees in China.

And as the killer was apparently an irreligious man, not known to the authorities, it could be reasonably argued that he was not working on behalf of a larger group, but merely had some personal axe to grind - like the Orlando shooter.

Saying you're part of ISIS doesn't mean you really are. He could very easily have just been some lone nut hitching his horse to the right post.

• Eutyphro likes this

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:05 PM Edited by Failure, 15 July 2016 - 07:30 PM.

@Typhus: I get what you mean about fostering a strong national identity, and I understand Stu when he talks of maintaining a British majority, but I don't think the aim is to "supplant" Gd, but to sufficiently nationalise a religion. Jewish services are exclusively in Hebrew, an alien language, prayer is always towards Jerusalem, a foreign city, and many British Jews like to visit Israel or retire there. However, Judaism in the UK has successfully become embedded into British life by dint of synagogues and Chabad reaching out to their communities and due to Jews largely feeling welcome here. Jews have served proudly in the British army in regular roles and in the special Jewish brigades formed during both world wars. British synagogues are seen as British institutions, not foreign imports as many Saudi-funded mosques and madrasas are seen. When the far right said "up with Mosley! Kill all the Yids!", London Jews targeted the fascists and left the wider community completely alone because they felt part of that community; they felt that they were part of a British-Jewish tradition going back to the Sephardic Jews who took refuge here from the inquisition and Muslim persecution. They didn't blame Britain as a whole, nor would that have been reasonable at all.

It's a similar story for British Sikhs and Hindus, both of whose communities contribute meaningfully to the UK workforce and are absolutely loyal to the UK. Hindu temples are very open and encourage people of all backgrounds to come in and see how prayer is conducted and the Sikh religion is amongst the most tolerant and pluralistic in the world. I think this also goes back to Sikh and Hindu soldiers serving as colonial soldiers and the loyalty to the UK this engendered in their progeny who moved here.

Islam has never been "nationalised" this way. It's a combination of Muslim arrivals being relatively recent, the nature of Islam itself and a feeling amongst Muslims that they're not welcome for various reasons. This is why it's so important to encourage the rather tentative reformist voices in Islam like the Ahmadi movement.

Stu alludes to the ghetto mentality and that's a pertinent point to bring up. Isolated from wider society, people can develop extremist tendencies, disloyalty and resentment of the majority. This is the kind of attitude fostered in the banlieues of France and areas like Bradford in the UK. However, spending more time with your coreligionists is pretty natural given the friendships and familial ties which exist between immigrants from the same community. British Jews celebrating festivals together doesn't constitute a problem, nor does a British Muslim fasting for Ramadam in London. It's when an attitude of distrust and hatred develops that you get problems. It's difficult for this kind of attitude to develop even amongst the most insular, strictly-orthodox Jews in Stamford Hill because Judaism is very clear on obeying the laws of the country you inhabit. 

There seems to be a misunderstanding that because the attacker here and Omar Mateen weren't overtly religious that there's not an Islamist angle here, but this is wrong. A lot of these people have very strong religious feelings but hate themselves and feel that their own observance doesn't matter. In their warped minds what they're doing is "for the sake of the ummah" or some such bollocks. I've no doubt in my mind that Mateen prayed for repentance for being gay before he committed his crime, and I'm sure this guy repented for eating pork and drinking. In the end it's foolish to downplay the influence that jihadi websites and hate preachers have on these individuals. This is the ideological angle brought up here by MTD and Typhus--we have a potent mix of religious fervor and ideological motivation causing people to give up their lives and see non-Muslims as worthy of death. 

http://www.telegraph...nt-about-islam/

In fact, what we ask of them is impossible. As in the Orlando attacks, and probably here, people can now be radicalised through social media and online interactions that governments are not – and will never be – equipped to handle.

I don't agree that governments can't be equipped to handle this phenomenon, we'll just have to give up a few of our liberties for this to be possible. I've nothing to hide so I'd be fine with this. The rest of the article is well worth reading and is written by a professed reformist Muslim.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Saint-Barthelemy

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:33 PM

This attacker was probably a lone wolf, but then so was the guy who murdered Hallel Yaffa Ariel--that doesn't mean he wasn't influenced by incitement in Palestinian media and Islamic extremism.

But then again a Palestinian who lives on land that is occupied by a foreign nation in violation of international law, which explicitly calls itself a 'Jewish state', so which explicitly discriminates against everyone of his identity, has an obvious motive for terror, whereas a supposedly non-religious North African man with a brown complexion doesn't really have an obvious terror motive. I'm really sick of your 'brown + violent = terrorist' racism logic man.

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:48 PM Edited by Failure, 15 July 2016 - 08:06 PM.

I edited that out because I didn't feel it was relevant. Read the rest of the post and respond to that rather than picking out one sentence you disagree with. Also, I'm sorry, but murdering Jews isn't going to lead to peace. Let's leave that behind, I edited it out because it was not relevant, I was posting by emotion. Respond to the rest of my post.

Where the f*ck did I bring skin colour into this? If you want me to cite examples of people being stabbed in the State of Israel rather than Judea and Samaria/Palestinian territories I will. Are you going to chalk that up to "resistance" as well? I have Sephardic Jews in my family and am just as brown, if not more so, than these attackers, and that has no bearing on anything. 

Also Israel being a Jewish state doesn't justify terror. I do get grieveances of Palestinians, but attacks on say, Jews living in Netanya, is certainly not justified by Israel being a Jewish state. Latvia is explicitly defined as a Latvian state, Poland is explicitly defined as a Polish state. This is par the course for countries/nations with a history of persecution from the outside. Iran is defined as an Islamic Republic but this doesn't mean its Christian minority faces oppression by default (it's treated rather well actually). If you don't think Israel should be defined as a Jewish state then you're holding it to standards unlike other countries.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Saint-Barthelemy

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:10 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 16 July 2016 - 05:15 PM.

Edit: I missed a certain edit. But you are right it is not due to the perpetrator being brown, it is due to them having an Arab background. But that's just as racist really. I simplified it as 'brown' because in the West we recognize most people with darker than Mediterranean complexions as Arabs/North Africans, except maybe if they have certain Jewish aspects in their attire or hairstyle.

I'm really not saying "murdering Jews will lead to peace"..., it will lead to a multitude of Palestinians killed for every dead Israeli because Israel has extreme military dominance. What I said was the motive for terror for Palestinians is clear, which is distinct from saying I ever would support terror in any form. Maybe there is justification for Palestinians to hit military targets, but considering the force they will meet even that is a bad move. Attacking innocent civilians is never justifiable. Palestinians should go for mass peaceful protests, but that is hard for them considering certain religious doctrines and cultural values they have. But committing to peaceful protest is a challenge for any resistance movement.  But anyway, that's all a bit off topic I guess.

The part of your comment about national identity, 'ghetto mentality', and Islamic culture is off topic, and your inclination towards off topicness is due to this (the rest of your comment):

There seems to be a misunderstanding that because the attacker here and Omar Mateen weren't overtly religious that there's not an Islamist angle here, but this is wrong. A lot of these people have very strong religious feelings but hate themselves and feel that their own observance doesn't matter. In their warped minds what they're doing is "for the sake of the ummah" or some such bollocks. I've no doubt in my mind that Mateen prayed for repentance for being gay before he committed his crime, and I'm sure this guy repented for eating pork and drinking. In the end it's foolish to downplay the influence that jihadi websites and hate preachers have on these individuals. This is the ideological angle brought up here by MTD and Typhus--we have a potent mix of religious fervor and ideological motivation causing people to give up their lives and see non-Muslims as worthy of death. 

being pure conjecture if you consider our current information. The Omar Mateen case is another case with different facts, and we have no information currently to prove this is the same. Anyway, this is what I think about Omar Mateen:

Omar Mateen is a strange case like Dylan Roof. Dylan Roof was a white supremacist with several close black friends who wanted to start a race war by murdering black people. And Omar Mateen is a gay hating, active homosexual, who I think definitely was inspired by the current climate of Islamic terror and the aspects I mentioned concerning it. What these two have in common is that they were depressed deranged people exploding into violence out of pure desperation and misery to seek attention. But only the Muslim gets considered a terrorist out of those two. Just like the white right wing terrorist who killed Jo Cox was considered a ‘murderer’ and not a terrorist by media. And how the vegan terrorist killing Pim Fortuyn tended to be considered a ‘murderer’ and is already out of jail, whereas the Islamic terrorist killing Theo van Gogh is considered a terrorist and is in jail for life. This inconsistency is absolutely ridiculous and should immediately stop.

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:12 PM Edited by Failure, 15 July 2016 - 08:26 PM.

The rest of my post was in response to Stu and Typhus, trying to present a middle ground and give examples of immigrant communities with different religions fitting in as well as expanding on their points. I wasn't off-topic.

Palestinians should go for mass peaceful protests, but that is hard for them considering certain religious doctrines and cultural values they have.

This gets heavily exploited in Palestinian media which implicitly (in the territories) or explicitly (online and in Gaza) incites violence and a historical narrative of Jews as usurpers/deceievers/sons of apes and pigs. Secular and Christian Palestinians should be the ones to reach out but, frankly, they're afraid to do so as they live under a regime which gives the death penalty to those who sell land to Jews.

Hallel's murderer wasn't a terrorist because he was "brown" (probably fairer than me, which again means absolutely nothing) but because he specifically killed a sleeping girl to create a climate of fear. By climbing into her bedroom and killing her he was saying that there was no way to hide and that everyone's a target. I can't see that as anything other than terrorism. Same goes for IRA terrorists blowing up pubs, which only pushed Good Friday further away. Therese were terror attacks because they were intended to create fear in the hope it will lead to the enemy submitting to demands.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Saint-Barthelemy

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:31 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 16 July 2016 - 05:14 PM.

I'm not saying that Palestinian kid isn't a terrorist. You keep coming up with these weird readings of whatever I post. Furthermore, I support Norman Finkelstein and Chomsky's narrative that Israel has historically targeted moderates to incite radicalism and justify expansionism, occupation and violence, and that Israels conduct is in violation of their own best interest concerning safety. But that's very off topic so lets leave that discussion.

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:38 PM Edited by Failure, 15 July 2016 - 08:43 PM.

You're right, you did call him a terrorist and I skimmed it. I'll admit that mistake. Definitely think that jihadism was a motive in the Nice attack though. He shouted allahu akbar and, frankly, this fits the pattern of what's been going on. Not a coincidence that he targeted people on Bastille Day.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:04 PM

My condolences to victims of this attack. I saw a lot of pictures and its really awful. And there is at least 10 children among victims.Unfortunatly this will continue and who know how many more will be until something don't change. Pope Francis was right,we are in world war already,only in phases.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Saint-Barthelemy

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:13 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 15 July 2016 - 09:25 PM.

People also said Omar Mateen shouted Allahu Akbar, and there is really no way to know whether such witness accounts in extremely stressful and tragic situations are reliable. So until there is more proof the eagerness to say "oh yeah, he was North African so definitely a radical Islamic attack" will have to wait. It is the exact type of stigmatization which will cause more future terror attacks. And off course Marine le Pen has done the same thing.

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:59 PM Edited by Adrian J., 15 July 2016 - 10:03 PM.

At this point we don't know whether there's any ideological basis behind the attack.

You gotta be f*cking kidding me!

People in France and in Europe in general must wake up! Their multicultural diversity failed, otherwise this is the future they will live in and despicable sh*t like this will happen.

57888964c36188035c8b458e.jpg

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Saint-Barthelemy

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:08 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 15 July 2016 - 10:08 PM.

People in France and in Europe in general must wake up! Their multicultural diversity failed, otherwise this is the future they will live in and despicable sh*t like this will happen.

People in the West should wake up. Domination of the Middle East through force has failed. We should stop or more despicable sh*t like this will happen.

But oh no, it hasn't even been claimed as an Islamist attack. But anyway, take your hate, and please piss off.

• Tchuck and Fonz like this

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:21 PM Edited by Adrian J., 15 July 2016 - 10:34 PM.

People in the West should wake up. Domination of the Middle East through force has failed. We should stop or more despicable sh*t like this will happen.

But oh no, it hasn't even been claimed as an Islamist attack. But anyway, take your hate, and please piss off.

Not a terrorist attack? A guy named Mohamed from Tunisia, a 99% sunni muslim country in a truck packed with grenades and guns drove through a crowd of families on Bastille day. Yea, he must've took a wrong turn huh.

Islam has been at war with everyone for the last century. You think it's the first time they tried to invade Europe? What do you think Europeans had crusades in middle ages for. It doesn't matter who you are, if you're an infidel you must die.

Am I saying every muslim is a terrorist? Obviously not, my landlord is muslim and he's a good guy that works really hard and votes for Trump. Out of a 1.8 billion members religion only 25% is radicalized, but that's still around 450million people that will gladly kill you.

I saw CNN, CBC and other media outlets blaming the truck, what's next? Might as well blame the people who were in it's way. I can't stand leftist media. But people are starting to wake up, and this sh*t won't fly for much longer.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Saint-Barthelemy

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:29 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 15 July 2016 - 10:45 PM.

my landlord is muslim and he's a good guy that works really hard and votes for Trump.

Lmao. Anyway, Islam hasn't been "at war with everyone for the last century". You're living in a delusional right wing world and have no historical sense, or political insight whatsoever. I don't even know where to start on where you are going wrong. The biggest Islamic country in the world, Indonesia, has been an ally of us for a long time. And the most radical Islamic country in the world Saudi Arabia has always been our ally. Your "war of civilizations" narrative is nothing but sh*t.

Not a terrorist attack? A guy named Mohamed from Tunisia, a 99% sunni muslim country in a truck packed with grenades and guns drove through a crowd of families on Bastille day. Yea, he must've took a wrong turn huh.

Because off course Islamic radicalism is an inborn trait and thus violence by anyone with this inborn trait categorically means something different than violence by someone white. I mean, the shooting by Seung-Hui Cho by this logic must've been a declaration of war by South Korea.

• Darth Absentis and The Deadite like this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

we live as we dream--alone

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Not Very Punk 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:38 PM

Obviously not, my landlord is muslim and he's a good guy that works really hard and votes for Trump.

lmao

you're totally not making that up

I saw CNN, CBC and other media outlets blaming the truck, what's next? Might as well blame the people who were in it's way. I can't stand leftist media.

In what world are CNN and CBC "leftist"? Are you 'avin a laff

• Eutyphro and The Deadite like this

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:43 PM Edited by Adrian J., 15 July 2016 - 10:52 PM.

my landlord is muslim and he's a good guy that works really hard and votes for Trump.

The biggest Islamic country in the world, Indonesia, has been an ally of us for a long time. And the most radical Islamic country in the world Saudi Arabia has always been our ally.

Mustafarian, he's from Montenegro.

Yea, that's why The White House last monday signaled that obama would veto legislation to allow Americans to sue the government of Saudi Arabia for any role officials played in the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

9/11 report is out and it shows the involvement on saudi arabia.

https://www.scribd.c...rist#from_embed

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Saint-Barthelemy

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:53 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 15 July 2016 - 10:57 PM.

Mustafarian, he's from Montenegro.

Mustafarians were an insectoid sentient species native to the volcanic Outer Rim mining world of Mustafar of which there existed two distinct subspecies: the tall, thin Northern Mustafarians, and the short, stocky Southern Mustafarians... right http://starwars.wiki...iki/Mustafarian

Yea, that's why The White House last monday signaled that obama would veto legislation to allow Americans to sue the government of Saudi Arabia for any role officials played in the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

Exactly, Obama opposes it for that reason probably. What more do you want to hear? And it's not just legistation to sue Saudi Arabia, for which there is no decisive information the remaining pages in the 911 report are damning to, though that is likely. It's legislation to sue those who 'sponsor terrorism' in general. But you can say whatever you want, the US loves Saudi Arabia.

Edit: ah, I can see you are up to date. http://edition.cnn.c...es-saudis-9-11/

But anyway, you are not giving any convincing argument and I'm getting bored by this dumb and superficial discussion.

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:58 PM Edited by Adrian J., 15 July 2016 - 10:59 PM.

Exactly, Obama opposes it for that reason probably. What more do you want to hear? And it's not just legistation to sue Saudi Arabia, for which there is no decisive information the remaining pages in the 911 report are damning to, though that is likely. It's legislation to sue those who 'sponsor terrorism' in general. But you can say whatever you want, the US loves Saudi Arabia.

There's no getting through your thick skulls is there.

The 9/11 report is out, it show's involvement of SA

I'm out, there's no wining with you guys even if the evidence sat on your face.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Saint-Barthelemy

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:01 PM

I'm out, there's no wining with you guys even if the evidence sat on your face.

Dude, if you think the 911 report proves Saudi Arabia hasn't been our ally then you are a grade A dumbass. I don't think there's hope for you really.

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

no, I haven't been up all night on my PC

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:29 AM

They where mentioning on the Canadian News here that France has no Intelligence Agency like the FBI, RCMP  or CSIS to keep a eye on  radicalised people and groups, so  how do they  know who to watch for?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Nškyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:38 AM

The 9/11 report is out, it show's involvement of SA

That's exactly what it didn't show. No evidence of state support from Saudi Arabia though indivudual funding took place. You appear to have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-36811642

You also need to seriously reevaluate your tone if you want to continue posting in D&D.
  • Eutyphro likes this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:34 PM Edited by acmilano, 16 July 2016 - 12:35 PM.

Police arrested three people for possible connecttions with attack. Also,ISIS take responsibility for attack through their news agency.

NICE, France (Reuters) - Islamic State claimed responsibility for the truck attack in the French city of Nice on Saturday and police arrested three more people there after the carnage that claimed the lives of at least 84 people.

"The person who carried out the operation in Nice, France, to run down people was one of the soldiers of Islamic State," the news agency Amaq, which supports the militant Islamist group, said via its Telegram account.

"He carried out the operation in response to calls to target nationals of states that are part of the coalition fighting Islamic State," the statement said.

French authorities and media have yet to produce any evidence that the killer, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, was radicalized. The interior ministry said it was checking the claim.

The 31-year old Tunisian, who lived locally, drove at a Bastille Day crowd on the waterfront of the French Riviera city on Thursday night. Authorities had been working to find out what his motives were. He was not known to French intelligence sources for radicalization.

The arrests, which came on top of two others since the killing including the attacker's wife, concerned his "close entourage", police sources said. They were made in two different areas of Nice.

A Reuters reporter saw about 40 elite police raid a small apartment near the central station, where one individual was arrested.

The attack plunged France into new grief and fear just eight months after gunmen killed 130 people in Paris.

The truck zig-zagged along the seafront Promenade des Anglais for two kilometers as a fireworks display marking the French national day ended.

It was eventually stopped when police shot dead the driver.

The attack is the third of its kind in France since the beginning of 2015. A state of emergency in place since 130 people were killed in and around Paris last November is to be extended for another three months.

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

Gangsta

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best New Member in Gen Chat 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:58 PM Edited by ceszayers, 16 July 2016 - 01:12 PM.

At this point we don't know whether there's any ideological basis behind the attack.

You gotta be f*cking kidding me!

I really didn't want to comment because I can never word my thoughts properly. 

Comments like this don't sit well with me. The attacks on Europe and France are horrific, but as it stands the attacks on us are considerably less damaging and less common than in the middle east, however no-one wants to focus on that.

Condemning multiculturalism is pointless when the attackers themselves attack their own people more than any other culture/race/religion.

These attacks aren't directed at us alone, I can't understand why no-one takes into account the fact that muslims are being brutally slaughtered daily on the streets in their OWN countries.

It's not western society vs all muslims.. It's never been about that.

It's the innocent vs extremists who use their religion as an excuse to attack others. Just as other religious groups have once done at some point or another in time.

You can't think that segregation will eliminate terror threats?? It won't. 

In no way am I belittling the attacks on the west, but you cannot condemn every muslim, or blame multiculturalism. I'm just shocked someone would think that's the appropriate solution for what's going on in the world right now. 

• Tchuck, Eutyphro and Sir Michael like this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Saint-Barthelemy

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:16 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 16 July 2016 - 01:53 PM.

Doesn't surprise me that Daesh say they are responsible. It might still be true, but if so, then why didn't the terrorist leave any information of his allegiance to Daesh? Other media say the attack was a response to a call by al Qaida (which is not the same as Daesh..). It seems people are grasping at straws really.

@ceszayers: You actually worded that very well. Multiculturalism is an inevitable fact of reality. People of different origins are French people. Europeans will have to find a way to keep on living with different cultures in the least amount of conflict. There's not really a different option, whatever your personal feelings about multiculturalism are. Europeans have to accept these people as their fellow countrymen. But I'm wondering what Adrien J would give as an alternative. Deport all colored people to labor camps? It's sickening to not see acknowledged that Muslims in Nice are as upset about this attack as white French citizens. And that an overwhelimg majority of people who are victimized by Daesh are Muslims.

• ceszayers likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users