GTA IV Special Vehicle Guide

101 replies to this topic
zazaza691
  • zazaza691

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

You know, I made many attempts to record Easy As Can Be vehicles... I played with vehicle density = 100, so it was a little bit harder and slower. And when I got Busted, first my expression was: "Well... Start again? Hell no, definitely not today", but then I realised that the car was parked in the parking slot. And since it remained and it's not my main save I decided to upload this video.

Situation with Vivid Shadows is funny. I'm uploading video with his previous vehicle (so he's 1 vehicle ahead), but then on the next day or so he uploads a new video. Can't caught him up, since I have LCS video in my "schedule". Luckily, after exams I'll have more free time for videos.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:28 PM

The Easy as Can Be 3 are so far the hardest Special Vehicles you guys ran into thus far.  That's how IV is, though.  TLaD and TBoGT included.  There is only random, small amount of instances scattered through each of the Stories for these 3 GTA's where you'll actually have difficulty obtaining the Special Vehicles.  95% of the ENTIRE WHOLE is cake, but then there is this 5% of randomness which will bump the difficulty up for the Special Vehicles while most are just 1 or 2 star difficulties.  I love IV, but the Special Vehicle aspect is poor.  So is TLaD, TBoGT, CW, and V.  MOST are just way too easy to obtain in the HD Era.  The only challenges are from the 3D Era mostly...

With that said, the HD Era still deserves a playthrough or two and getting the Special Vehicles just for the experience.  The games themselves (IV, TLaD, and CW mainly) are pretty cool, anyways, even if we aren't talking about Special Vehicles...

zazaza691
  • zazaza691

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm having troubles with the Police Stockade. After killing Packie or Derrick I'm getting teleported into the alley. But after the cutscene all cop cars are vanished. Should I go further or what?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 3 weeks ago.

To be honest, I haven't a clue.  Better ask Ghost Ryder or something since he got the Police Stockade from that Mission with Mission Failure.  It's not the best one to get, of course, since you can get the exact same identical Unique Police Stockade (BP Front Windshield Included) from Tunnel of Death later on and PASS the Mission.  Also the Method written in the Guide is literally my own.  No other Method was written on the Web about using a Fire Truck and having one pre-ready at the Alderney Safehouse.  I thought of that myself.  Before the Method I thought of, luck based nonsense was only on the Web about hoping a Patriot or a large Vehicle able to push would spawn on the street, which could take many, many, many reloads...

I never saw a single Video ever about the Police Stockade from Three Leaf Clover.  Not even Tunnel of Death with the PASS Method, but I've done it in my own Save, passing ToD with the Unique Police Stockade.  It's the best Special Vehicle in all of IV once you convert it to AP.  Unstoppable, basically...And it acts "sort of" like a Heavy Vehicle in the 3D Era and smashes everything and anything out of the way basically...

Ghost Ryder
  • Ghost Ryder

cam

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

The Stockades did disappear for me the first couple of tries, but I think looking at the bank's direction right after the fail cutscene helps the Stockades stay at the spot. That's what I did, at least. Oh, and I don't think it matters when you kill Packie or Derrick, just do it as soon as you clear the area, I guess.

Oh, and I recommend using an Enforcer instead of a Fire Truck (calling 911 for it didn't even work, at least for me). Reload if the FIB arrives, of course.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Looking forward to seeing ANY Video on obtaining this thing since it's probably THE HARDEST or SECOND HARDEST Special Vehicle in all of GTA IV.  The Police Stockade 2 of 2 is easier, but better in the end cuz you can pass and get it.  The EC Maverick is really hard as you need an Annihilator to get it, either by doing 200 Pigeons early or obtaining one from a 6 Star Wanted Level...

zazaza691
  • zazaza691

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by zazaza691, 3 weeks ago.

Well, got it. Second try. I never thought that this will be that easy. You can call 911 for FireTruck, you can use Enforcer. Ray's missions are very close. So, it's definitely not a ****. Maybe *** or even ** + 1/2 for me. Or maybe I just was lucky.

The main thing is take the Stocade from alley, not from bank, because they just despawns after cutscene.

Video will be uploaded tomorrow. But I guess you'll wait for Viv1d's one anyways.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The Star Ratings, as I said to numerous people before in various Guides I made, should be taken with a grain of salt.  Don't even bother looking at those as they are meaningless and can vary from person to person depending on their skill and patience levels.  Furthermore, I never obtained it myself, so I can't exactly comment on the difficulty only from reading Lancet Jades' Gamefaqs Guide which he made it out to be a 5 star difficulty.  But it's probably easier than that in the end...

Just post the Video in the Guide.  I think Vivid Shadows is working out of order right now and doing the Photo Shoot Vehicles next before doing the Unique Police Stockade.  You can get all 3 from Photo Shoot at the same time and pass the Mission.  He says the Simple Native Trainer doesn't say anything about Silver on that Lustered Silver Patriot, though.  He says they are either White or Grey.  I hate EC and Lustered Vehicles in the HD Era.  So many of them are questionable...

As I told you and Vivid Shadows.  Don't forget the Hybrid PCJ-600 from "I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, and Your Motorcycle."  It's NOT in my Guide yet and a LOT of the stuff in this Guide is also needing a heavy overhaul of updates, the Unique Police Stockade for starters where I say only the one from TLF has the BP Mesh on the Windshield, while the other one from ToD does not, however, this is complete bullsh*t as both of them do.  It's just a Variation thing and you need to reload to get it to spawn like that...

zazaza691
  • zazaza691

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 3 weeks ago.

Will watch this now! ;)  This is literally the first Video to ever see the light of day appear on the Web.  All other Videos for this Vehicle show Tunnel of Death and the piss easy Failure Method unlike passing, which I haven't seen any Videos for, either.

EDIT: Just to let you know, ALL Parking Spaces are available and SAVE VEHICLES from the beginning of the game if you didn't already know this...

Also, do you like IV anymore from what you said a few months ago?  Tbh, the game itself is the best in the Series with TLaD coming close behind it.  But in terms of the Special Vehicle Aspect, it's obviously nothing like any of the 3D Era GTA's, but still decent nevertheless.

Do you want me to add in your Video to the Guide?

zazaza691
  • zazaza691

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just to let you know, ALL Parking Spaces are available and SAVE VEHICLES from the beginning of the game if you didn't already know this...

Ye, I know that. Tbh I was unsure about this, but now all good.

Also, do you like IV anymore from what you said a few months ago?

Well, now I can say that GTA IV is interesting. Gonna complete it. Don't care about stats though, since it's my first walkthrough.

Do you want me to add in your Video to the Guide?

It's your guide, so you decide. My videos are slightly different, but I don't see any problem to replace them in the future if you want. 

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah, I knew this for quite some time, but you can see it first hand in zmoonchild's Starter Save Playlist of Videos on his Channel.  He has some random Mavericks stored around the Map in his Starter Save as well as an Annihilator (from completing the 200 Pigeons before It's Your Call).  Also an FIB Buffalo, Lustered Super GT (not Special, however...But from the Darren Covey Most Wanted...I also have this in my Starter Save, too), and a Police Maverick (only obtainable in free roam with a 3 star wanted level and needing to snipe the Pilot dead and hope it lands in tact for you to fly it away).  And obviously at that time, only Roman's Apartment is "unlocked," yet the Vehicles save and remain there in Bohan, Algonquin, and Alderney even if the Safehouses aren't legit unlocked yet...

I only ever did IV twice to 100%, both times, though, I still cared about the Stats while the second time through, I even did better than the first.  However, I'd say it doesn't matter at this point since you're just going through the game and recording all Special Vehicles, so there is no point to worry about the Stats in this playthrough and when you're ready to do another playthrough, THEN do the low Stats, get 100%, and 10 Special Vehicles all converted to AP.

It's added in! :D :p

This Guide needs some SERIOUS updating, but I won't get to it until much later when I start playing the HD Era again myself, which won't be until the Fall, like around October.  At that time, I will heavily update IV, TLaD, and TBoGT Guides.  I USED to have the Rare EC/Lustered Drug War/Gang War Vehicles in TLaD/TBoGT Guides but removed them and am planning to add them BACK IN, even though they can be obtained any time from the infinite Gang/Drug Wars in TLaD/TBoGT.  As for IV, everything is in the Guide (other than the Hybrid PCJ-600), however, a lot of the Methods need to be rewritten and I'll continue to add in all the Videos for the Vehicles.  The Videos help out a lot since not many people know about the HD Era Special Vehicles or how to obtain them, even though, some are really obvious and just too easy.  I'll sure be using your and Vivid Shadows' Videos for when I get to doing my 2nd Save File for IV this Fall.  Going for a whole new set of 10 Special Vehicles and some "harder" ones than before.  I also will pick the DEAL Ending instead of REVENGE Ending like I did in my current Save File.  Besides, the DEAL Ending actually has MORE Special Vehicles to obtain and cooler ones compared to REVENGE.

Oh, and before I start my 2nd Save File, even if it kills me, I WILL complete my Starter Save.  It's 9.45% right now out of 11.95% which is the max you can get before It's Your Call, however, I am still missing 126 Pigeons and all need to be obtained with a 6 star wanted level.  Although, in IV/TLaD/TBoGT, you can keep the Safehouse Visits/Timed Saved Stat to 0 (ZERO) even up to 100% Completion, so even though it's kinda stupid and time consuming doing it this way, I will probably use a Maverick and a Sniper to do 5 to 10 Pigeons MAXIMUM and then save the game.  Rinse and repeat until all 126 remaining Pigeons are done with.  It's possible, but will be slower than zmoonchild's Pigeon Runs, but he's literally a God when it comes to IV Starter Save.  He's the best person around when it comes to IV.  I've watched his 76 Video Playlist of the IV Starter Save...FIVE TIMES IN FULL already.  It's so entertaining and a lot better than any Starter Save in the Series.  The Wanted Level makes SA's 4 Star Wanted Level for the Starter Save look more like a 2 Star Wanted Level.  SA is so boring and easy compared to IV.  That is where the real challenge lies for the Starter Save...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users