78 replies to this topic
Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:30 AM

Yo does all of this still work on PC?  I might be coloring my insurgent's wheels then ;)

Dadditude
  • Dadditude

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:28 PM

Yo does all of this still work on PC?  I might be coloring my insurgent's wheels then ;)

It should. I know for a fact it still works on Xbox One, as I painted my Insurgent's stock wheels black just last night. Love those rims.

• Prince_Polaris likes this

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

It works even better on pc. No need for ifruit, just buy a cheap set of rims, paint them the color you want your stock wheels to be in, buy stock wheels, join a new session, done. 

autofanatic
  • autofanatic

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

The stock wheels of my Insurgent & some other cars still painted. I guess it still works on PC.

• Prince_Polaris likes this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:31 PM

It works even better on pc. No need for ifruit, just buy a cheap set of rims, paint them the color you want your stock wheels to be in, buy stock wheels, join a new session, done. 

Ooooh, nice, I'll have to try that, does my spawn need to be last location so it spawns with me?

autofanatic
  • autofanatic

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:48 AM

Ooooh, nice, I'll have to try that, does my spawn need to be last location so it spawns with me?

No necessary. You can check the website of glitch to do the trick. Or you can also use iFruit to paint stock rims. 

Dadditude
  • Dadditude

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:45 AM Edited by dadditude, 27 June 2017 - 03:23 AM.

Haven't tested all the Weaponized Vehicles yet, but here's what I've found out so far:

APC: Can't be painted. Revert to black.
Weaponized Tampa: Chrome, so I would assume they can't be painted. Haven't tested yet.

Dune FAV, Halftrack: Stock Wheel color is set by the vehicle's primary color.

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:26 AM

No necessary. You can check the website of glitch to do the trick. Or you can also use iFruit to paint stock rims. 

Niiiice, I'll have to try that later :)

Dadditude
  • Dadditude

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:39 AM

Did some testing tonight on six released and unreleased cars from the Gunrunning update, and this is what I found out:

9RahUI-aaEmaZfQ9ZBW_sg_0_0_small.jpg

The Night Shark (unreleased), XA-21 (unreleased), and Vagner can all have their stock wheels painted.

19MCQjNdrkSoXKavsB8iGQ_0_0_small.jpg

The Torero, Ardent, and Cheetah Classic (all unreleased) all cannot have their stock wheels painted.

Apologies for the darkness of the pictures; they looked much more well-lit in-game.

• Arms Dealer, TCMike and SkittleMick like this

Dadditude
  • Dadditude

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

I have updated the list of vehicles that can or cannot have their stock wheels painted originally posted by WIldBrick142 in this thread and posted it in a thread of its own. I'm pretty sure I've covered all vehicles currently in the game, including the unreleased Gunrunning DLC vehicles. Feel free to take a look and let me know if I missed any.

• Arms Dealer likes this

FilipCRO
  • FilipCRO

I ❤ Vice City

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

Is there maybe a way to apply a crew color on the rims (not stock rims) ? For example pure white color.

Xer0_
  • Xer0_

Hands off the merchandise!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

This is great to know! Some of the stock rims of cars in the game are really nice looking and I don't know why R* doesn't let us colour them normally.

Dadditude
  • Dadditude

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

Is there maybe a way to apply a crew color on the rims (not stock rims) ? For example pure white color.

Unfortunately, no way to do this that I know of.

DangerWorldWide
  • DangerWorldWide

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:36 PM

IDK if it's not gonna work properly on PC right now, R* have disabled custom plates again.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

I have a crew red Merryweather Mesa. I'd like red rims on it. But does this trick also paint the spare wheel on the back?

Dadditude
  • Dadditude

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:49 PM Edited by Dadditude, 20 July 2017 - 01:49 PM.

I have a crew red Merryweather Mesa. I'd like red rims on it. But does this trick also paint the spare wheel on the back?

Unfortunately not, but you're not completely out of luck, as the spare wheel on the Off-Road (Merryweather) Mesa is set by the Secondary Color.

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

Unfortunately not, but you're not completely out of luck, as the spare wheel on the Off-Road (Merryweather) Mesa is set by the Secondary Color.

Thanks. And damn.... I usually go Crew red primary and matte black secondary.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

oh boy worked flawlessly on nightshark 

• LeakyLine and Fireboy769 like this

Pedinhuh