BF400 APPRECIATION

115 replies to this topic
wmblgy
  • wmblgy

Custom Title

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:39 AM

I know this is an appreciation (a.k.a. circlejerk) thread rather than a discussion thread, but here goes.

I have mixed feeling about this bike. I bought it day 1 because the price is low and I wanted to see how it compares to the Sanchez. First impressions were great, as it performed incredibly on Stunt races. Then yesterday of course Broughy released his video to confirm that it is significantly faster around a circuit than a Sanchez. Now everyone will start replacing their Sanchez for a BF400.

I have huge respect for Broughy, I often reference his results and sometimes argue with people who get triggered when they see his tests posted. But frankly, his tests for the Off-road class are worthless. He is testing these cars around a tarmac street track. The roads are flat, the turns are clear. For a long time his tests suggested the Bifta was the best off-road car, while anyone who likes racing off-road knows that is rubbish. The Bifta is absolutely garbage in an actual off-road environment because of its low clearance. It flips when it hits a pebble, it spins when the road isn't flat. Broughy doesn't test for those off-road conditions, nor does he ever mention them.

After using the BF400 for several hours yesterday on multiple off-road tracks, I can tell it suffers from the same problem the Bifta does. It is significantly quicker than a Sanchez on flat surfaces (whether it is tarmac or dirt), but when the surface gets bumpy... The Sanchez is planted. It will not bounce or swerve a lot. It has a decent turning circle and it sticks while it turns. The BF400, good luck keeping it on the ground. I found myself having to slow down for every bump and making up for the speed loss whenever I found a flat road. The Sanchez managed to get better lap times and more consistently.

Maybe I need to crack the BF400 or maybe it really is bad off-road. Regardless, I can't ditch the Sanchez yet. I would recommend everyone else to hold on to it as well. Compare them around your favourite off-road tracks, see how it works out for you.
  • wangsparkinglot, MatthewH, Eqaulo and 1 other like this

Eqaulo
  • Eqaulo

STRR Commissioner

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:57 AM

I'll never ditch my Sanchez (with street wheels) but i really like this bike. True what you say about Broughy's testing, it would be better if he would have an offroad track to test offroad and rally vehicles. 

BF400 takes some time to get used to, and can act weird sometimes especially when going fast. Harder to do wheelies everywhere in a race when going fast compared to the Sanchez, it's all over the place sometimes. Can be a bit bouncy and is hard to steer, front wheel is in the air half of the time. Steering, nothing happens and then you go way too much left or right all of a sudden when the front touches the ground.

What i did found out is that you can get really soon on the throttle in hairpin turns and sharp turns and it just goes, and the best of all, this thing drifts at high speed. Take it to the airport and do some high speed cornering without braking, so much fun :).

Too bad we can't do this with the Gargoyle (or new unreleased bike)

Street-750-Flat-Trackerlomg.jpg

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:01 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 14 July 2016 - 12:32 PM.

This bike is payback for all the times I've been munted off my Sanchez by some twat that brought his chrome insurgent to an offroad race.

dPIS3kZ.gif

• abnorm, Garland137, Arrows to Athens and 12 others like this

ViolatingBox
  • ViolatingBox

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:20 PM

This thing can do water crossings. I had it submerged almost over the windscreen and it slowly drove through the water. I want to see how far it can actually go. Maybe its something to do with the bike physics changing :lol:

• Eqaulo likes this

MaleTiger
  • MaleTiger

Apex Predator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:52 PM

Bikes are my favourite thing to drive on GTA, I wish the update had more than 2 though

RekonGaming
  • RekonGaming

Road crusher

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:22 PM Edited by Daprekon, 14 July 2016 - 07:32 PM.

[WARNING]
The following post is based on a personal view and opinion allong with criticism that some people find offensive
[You have been warned]

Price: $95,000

Pros: 
Steering
Acceleration
Braking

Cons:
It's not a fast bike of it's class

Personal pros:
Design
Liverys
Paint combinations

Personal cons:
Top speed

Personal opinion:
Though it may not be the fastest bike. The BF400 proves it's speed offroad being a real eding knive though the circuit
It's wide handling gives a nice grip to whenever you need to position yourself for the right jump and stunt jumps are a blast of fun to do
Overall the BF400 is a great looking bike with amazing power inside

Total score: 8/10

Pictures:
OCbMnKoB9k2D4FGmW3bxSA_0_0.jpg
Q54PrnYfm0Cfww3twOgM6Q_0_0.jpg
6dC-Vg7lwUyb6qWC5WaD9Q_0_0.jpg
f9GgaqxMTE-6h9WJP3Cinw_0_0.jpg

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:38 PM Edited by whywontyoulisten, 14 July 2016 - 08:54 PM.

Edit: wrong bike, wrong thread

EddieLTU
  • EddieLTU

Hackerbux™ Entrepreneur

• Members
  • Lithuania
  • Snap Battle Season 1 Winner

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:10 AM

great bike, replaced the sanchez

z1r-lWPJFkeSb850whOU8Q_0_0.jpg

• LokDog likes this

m2roadwarrior
  • m2roadwarrior

steady mobbin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:13 PM

Love this bike! Have had insane air time with this beast! Jumping over buildings even better than my ruffian!!! It jumps so ridiculously high! So much fun!

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

I want to get this bike but garage space is an issue and I've pinpointed my Sanchez as the one to be replaced seeing as the BF400 seems to be a straight upgrade. However I don't actually want to sell the Sanchez as it's a good bike and I've had it a while.

Anyone made the switch and regretted it or got any persuasive reasons to help push me into getting it? I know it's good as I've driven it stock quite a bit but I'm not certain just how much better than the Sanchez it is.

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

ß

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:05 PM Edited by A Northern German, 15 July 2016 - 09:12 PM.

Can't really find a color scheme I like, but yep it's fun to drive.

XJL2G5f.jpg

m2roadwarrior
  • m2roadwarrior

steady mobbin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:30 PM

I want to get this bike but garage space is an issue and I've pinpointed my Sanchez as the one to be replaced seeing as the BF400 seems to be a straight upgrade. However I don't actually want to sell the Sanchez as it's a good bike and I've had it a while.

Anyone made the switch and regretted it or got any persuasive reasons to help push me into getting it? I know it's good as I've driven it stock quite a bit but I'm not certain just how much better than the Sanchez it is.

Well, at least the Sanchez is cheap if you decide you prefer it to the bf!
  • Nacho Z likes this

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:56 PM

Well, at least the Sanchez is cheap if you decide you prefer it to the bf!

Fair point and the BF doesn't cost the earth, not peanuts for me though (I'm poor) taking upgrades into account. I'm half tempted to wait and see if they allow us an extra property but I think they would have already so that's not a solid plan.

DiscoPanda
  • DiscoPanda

The Picnic

• Members
  • Poland
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:21 PM Edited by DiscoPanda, 15 July 2016 - 11:24 PM.

Can't really find a color scheme I like, but yep it's fun to drive.

XJL2G5f.jpg

Primary matte black with Bleached Brown pearl and #DD8D45 (the orange from the livery) secondary looks pretty good in my opinion

Spoiler

SkittyM
  • SkittyM

Ar-test

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:53 AM

Love how making a turn and leaning forward on the BF400 will cause it to drift.  Kinda funny.

Obscur4ns
  • Obscur4ns

Panopticon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:44 PM

Also off-road/motorcycle classed like the dirty Sanchez?

BF400 goes both ways like Sanchez

BF400: (based on the Honda CB400)
"When the history books are written, the BF400 will be seen as our age's greatest expression of the pioneer spirit. No other advance in off-road engineering has brought us this close to our forefathers' dreams of a land where no area of pristine wilderness is safe from noise, smoke, gas and discarded bottles of Pisswasser. Welcome to the brave new world."

Honda%20cb400%20bol%20dor%2011%20%201.jp

Gargoyle: (based on the 1933 Indian Four)
"Ah, the age-old question: how do you get a cool vintage motorbike up a near-vertical hillside strewn with dust, rocks and the remains of lesser drivers? Forget carbon fiber panels and onboard computers. Sometimes a simple problem requires a simple solution, like a rear tire taken from an Armored Personnel Carrier and wrapped in steel chains. Time to get back to basics."

1933-Indian-Four-01%20jpg.jpg

The BF400 is a KTM 500 EXC Rally/KTM 450 EXC Rally

The Gargoyle is an Indian Scout Custom (with the Gargoyle livery, it's an Indian Scout Custom hillclimber) 

http://imgur.com/a/iyEqL

CaptianBackwoods
  • CaptianBackwoods

Rebel Riders MC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:01 AM

mZOAX523.jpg

N7P3cc7t.jpg

Z6iJgthd.jpg

• FilipCRO, Spectacus, LokDog and 1 other like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:05 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 17 July 2016 - 12:05 PM.

If someone could post the alien/robot/film that the headlights remind me of, so that I can stop trying to work it out, that'd be swell...

PondNewt
  • PondNewt

Thug

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:12 PM

After reading what wmblgy said earlier about the Sanchez perhaps still being better on proper offroad tracks than the BF400 I did some of my own testing and I must agree.  The Sanchez for me at least is a little bit better on some of the offroad tracks and even on the occasions that I did do better with the BF400 it wasn't by much.  So when racing on tracks that have long offroad sections or are entirely offroad then maybe the two bikes are actually reasonably well balanced.  

• Jehannum likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:42 AM

This thing is as fast as the X80 when wheelied. lol

• LokDog likes this

LokDog
  • LokDog

GTAPhotographers//Goon Squad 🎱

• Members
  • Australia
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Roleplay/Cosplay
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Motorcycle

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:53 AM

0fvPnHz.jpg

n6TXz9V.jpg

4NGvJEY.jpg

Kp2Pv7a.jpg
  • blackindia, BigBrother67, Spectacus and 1 other like this

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

PS4

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:34 PM

After reading what wmblgy said earlier about the Sanchez perhaps still being better on proper offroad tracks than the BF400 I did some of my own testing and I must agree.  The Sanchez for me at least is a little bit better on some of the offroad tracks and even on the occasions that I did do better with the BF400 it wasn't by much.  So when racing on tracks that have long offroad sections or are entirely offroad then maybe the two bikes are actually reasonably well balanced.  

I agree. I find the Sanchez far easier to control on proper off-road tracks. I find the BF400 a little hard to reign in, a little wild in its response to bumps. However, a skilled racer could probably exploit the higher speed of the BF400.

If someone could post the alien/robot/film that the headlights remind me of, so that I can stop trying to work it out, that'd be swell...

Hal 9000?

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Egg schmegg

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

Hal 9000?

Nah there's a white cyclops robot, bulky like the Fifth Element aliens, with cluster of sensors on its face that these headlights remind me. But not strongly enough, obviously.

Either I met it thanks to LSD or it's some f*cking obscure French cartoon from my childhood. Or both I suppose.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:31 PM

Hal 9000?

Nah there's a white cyclops robot, bulky like the Fifth Element aliens, with cluster of sensors on its face that these headlights remind me. But not strongly enough, obviously.

Either I met it thanks to LSD or it's some f*cking obscure French cartoon from my childhood. Or both I suppose.

I thought it was the robot from Matriculated, the last story in the Animatrix, but it doesn't look that much like it.  I think I do have the same robot in my head as you, though.  Possibly from another game?  There's some robots a bit like that in Killzone.

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:55 PM Edited by Beez, 18 July 2016 - 07:19 PM.

Also off-road/motorcycle classed like the dirty Sanchez?

BF400 goes both ways like Sanchez

BF400: (based on the Honda CB400)
"When the history books are written, the BF400 will be seen as our age's greatest expression of the pioneer spirit. No other advance in off-road engineering has brought us this close to our forefathers' dreams of a land where no area of pristine wilderness is safe from noise, smoke, gas and discarded bottles of Pisswasser. Welcome to the brave new world."

Honda%20cb400%20bol%20dor%2011%20%201.jp

Gargoyle: (based on the 1933 Indian Four)
"Ah, the age-old question: how do you get a cool vintage motorbike up a near-vertical hillside strewn with dust, rocks and the remains of lesser drivers? Forget carbon fiber panels and onboard computers. Sometimes a simple problem requires a simple solution, like a rear tire taken from an Armored Personnel Carrier and wrapped in steel chains. Time to get back to basics."

1933-Indian-Four-01%20jpg.jpg

BF400 is based on a Dakar rally bike. Your Honda example has an inline 4 cylinder engine and is a streetbike. All current Dakar rally bike are limited to 450cc and all manufacurers use single cylinder engines (Aprilia had a v-twin for a few years), have a low slung exhaust to clear the front and read fuel tanks, have handguards and a fairing infront of the handlebars to house the navigation equipment  just like the BF400.

To me it looks closest to the Husqvarna bike from a few years back. This was when BMW owned Husky. Also R* used stacked headlights which come from the KTM rally bikes.

cc9ee9a4075956b2890c08e83acf9ec1.jpg

The Gargoyle is based on a modern Indian Scout, a 750cc v-twin. This Scout in particular which was built as a tribute to vintage hillclimbers from the '40s and '50s. Notice even the paint job, tire sizes, exhaust and front number plate is very similar to the Gargoyle.

BlackHillsBeast_Star_Studios-2.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for restating what others already pointed out. I didn't read the whole thread before responding.

• TH14G0 likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:49 PM

mNOQw7z.jpg

I love the Sanchez. I used to spend hours cruising through the Chilliad Wilderness with that thing, doing the most insane stunt jumps. I was pleasantly suprised when they announced a second dirtbike, my Offroad garage could really use it. It won't replace my Sanchez, but it makes a fine addition to my Offroad family.

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:11 PM

Has anyone else found that if you land a jump on the back wheel with the front lifted high then you do a pleasing bounce when you land? I haven't noticed it being as pronounced on other bikes as it is on this one.

Boing.

Zach Fett
  • Zach Fett

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:32 AM

can it do this ? 

How the feck did they do that?

Love how making a turn and leaning forward on the BF400 will cause it to drift.  Kinda funny.

I'm not able to do this, not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Mind doing a short video? I'd love to drift around with this thing.

Goingcrowd9
  • Goingcrowd9

181!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:52 PM Edited by Goingcrowd9, 20 July 2016 - 03:53 PM.

nyuvfd.jpg

302z48x.jpg

This vehicle is just Beyond Fun for oo (BF400).
  • Furry_Monkey likes this

DarkRayquaza99
  • DarkRayquaza99

Pancake

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:54 PM

Time to sell my Sanchez. I never really liked the looks of it, anyways. This, however, looks nice and drives with flare, I think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users