Photo

[Mod]LCS like HUD for Advance

18 replies to this topic
BlueNoBaka
  • BlueNoBaka

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:11 PM Edited by BlueNoBaka, 17 October 2016 - 08:22 AM.

Make your HUD LCS style.
I've replaced the Weapon icons and icons on the radar with LCS style icons also fonts of time/HP/etc. (V1.0)
Now I also changed the color of map and number, which made it more LCS style. (V1.1)
This mod is based on the European version of GTA Advance[1742 - Grand Theft Auto Advance (E)].
So it can't be used on the USA version.
Please backup the original rom before you patch it.
Made by BlueNoBaka

How to patch the ips file:
A:
1.Run [LCS HUD for Advance.exe]
2.Click [Browse] and select the rom you need to patch.
3.Click [Patch] then the rom will be patched automaticly.
If the patcher says [File CRC does not match.] That means the rom you select is the wrong one(such as the USA version).

B:
1.Put [LCS HUD for Advance.ips] to the same diretion with your gba rom.
2.rename [LCS HUD for Advance.ips] with the same name as your rom(Example:Rom:[GTAA.gba] Patch:[GTAA.ips])
3.Run the GBA emulator like VBA or My Boy!. It will auto apply the ips patch.

Screenshots:
V1.0:
2v0mo9j.jpg

V1.1:

3313sw8.jpgsm85zl.jpg

• Blackbird88, R4gN0r0K, Tomasak and 16 others like this

4NT1R3KL4M4
  • 4NT1R3KL4M4

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:31 PM

First ever mod for gta ADVANCE?

BlueNoBaka
  • BlueNoBaka

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:26 AM

First ever mod for gta ADVANCE?

Yes,I think so.

Gettoru
  • Gettoru

Rat

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:25 AM

Wow! 12 years later it finally happens, GBA GTA gets modded!

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

Nice work :)

Sidaredd
  • Sidaredd

I can run GTA V on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and 1.5 Ghz CPU

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

Wow! First GTA Advance mod ! Congratulations.

YochiThMaster333
  • YochiThMaster333

San Andreas is tha best!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:32 AM

Congrats! First GTA Advance mod!

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

Drunken :v

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

Congratulations! :D

Ingramsl19
  • Ingramsl19

The server will be restarted in 0 seconds! f*ck

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

Make your HUD LCS style.
I've replaced the Weapon icons and icons on the radar with LCS style icons also fonts of time/HP/etc. (V1.0)
Now I also changed the color of map and number, which made it more LCS style. (V1.1)
This mod is based on the European version of GTA Advance[1742 - Grand Theft Auto Advance (E)].
Made by BlueNoBaka

A:
If the patcher says [File CRC does not match.] That means the rom you select is the wrong one(such as the USA version).

B:
2.rename [LCS HUD for Advance.ips] with the same name as your rom(Example:Rom:[GTAA.gba] Patch:[GTAA.ips])

Screenshots:
V1.0:
2v0mo9j.jpg

V1.1:

3313sw8.jpgsm85zl.jpg

How to do a Shotgun Remington 870 used the SPAS 12 shotgun in LCS?

Returnofthemack98
  • Returnofthemack98

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

Make your HUD LCS style.
Download V1,0 from Google Drive
Download V1.1 from Google Drive
Made by BlueNoBaka

A:

B:

Screenshots:
V1.0:
2v0mo9j.jpg

V1.1:
3313sw8.jpgsm85zl.jpg

Could we update gta advance? by adding the assets and HD-feel from GTA CW to advance??

i now they are both on different engines but im sure there are some assets in gta cw that could be tweaked and reused in gta advance

BlueNoBaka
  • BlueNoBaka

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:52 AM Edited by BlueNoBaka, 13 May 2017 - 02:55 AM.

Make your HUD LCS style.
Made by BlueNoBaka

A:

B:

Screenshots:
V1.0:
2v0mo9j.jpg

V1.1:
3313sw8.jpgsm85zl.jpg

Could we update gta advance? by adding the assets and HD-feel from GTA CW to advance??

i now they are both on different engines but im sure there are some assets in gta cw that could be tweaked and reused in gta advance

I think it's hard to do that (hard for me at least). Resolution of the textures is limited, so you can only replace the original textures with the same size textures, but not any HD textures.(Hard to make CW style HUD icons either,there are too many colours)

GBA games just get a lot of limits, hard to make them better without modifying the program……

But you can try modifying GTA III, making III look like an HD version of Advance might be easier. Someone has tried that but he gave up in the end because he was banned by the admin again(This one).

Returnofthemack98
  • Returnofthemack98

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

Make your HUD LCS style.
Made by BlueNoBaka

A:

B:

Screenshots:
V1.0:
2v0mo9j.jpg

V1.1:
3313sw8.jpgsm85zl.jpg

I think it's hard to do that (hard for me at least). Resolution of the textures is limited, so you can only replace the original textures with the same size textures, but not any HD textures.(Hard to make CW style HUD icons either,there are too many colours)
GBA games just get a lot of limits, hard to make them better without modifying the program
But you can try modifying GTA III, making III look like an HD version of Advance might be easier. Someone has tried that but he gave up in the end because he was banned by the admin again(This one).

yeah that guys work looked amazing

how about if one was to do a total conversion of gta cw in order to make a hd gta advance? is that possible? would it be easier than gta advance-gta 3?

BlueNoBaka
  • BlueNoBaka

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:01 AM

Make your HUD LCS style.
Made by BlueNoBaka

A:

B:

Screenshots:
V1.0:
2v0mo9j.jpg

V1.1:
3313sw8.jpgsm85zl.jpg

GBA games just get a lot of limits, hard to make them better without modifying the program

how about if one was to do a total conversion of gta cw in order to make a hd gta advance? is that possible? would it be easier than gta advance-gta 3?

It seems possible in theory, but won't be easier than GTA Advance-GTA 3. There's only few tools to mod CW, so you need to make your own tools if you want to mod it. In contrast, GTA 3 has more tools and is much familiar to moders.

Returnofthemack98
  • Returnofthemack98

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:54 PM Edited by Returnofthemack98, 15 May 2017 - 09:58 PM.

Make your HUD LCS style.
Made by BlueNoBaka

A:

B:

Screenshots:
V1.0:
2v0mo9j.jpg

V1.1:
3313sw8.jpgsm85zl.jpg

It seems possible in theory, but won't be easier than GTA Advance-GTA 3. There's only few tools to mod CW, so you need to make your own tools if you want to mod it. In contrast, GTA 3 has more tools and is much familiar to moders.

Thanks for the insight. Man i hope we see gta advance is HD or at least in the form of a gta 3ish map and world(hey i can dream right 0-0)

BTW- why a GTA LCS hud? wouldnt GTA3 be cooler?? or maybe even the vcs hud?

BlueNoBaka
  • BlueNoBaka

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

Make your HUD LCS style.
Made by BlueNoBaka

A:

B:

Screenshots:
V1.0:
2v0mo9j.jpg

V1.1:
3313sw8.jpgsm85zl.jpg

Thanks for the insight. Man i hope we see gta advance is HD or at least in the form of a gta 3ish map and world(hey i can dream right 0-0)

BTW- why a GTA LCS hud? wouldnt GTA3 be cooler?? or maybe even the vcs hud?

Advance's HUD is similar to 3, and VCS's HUD is similar to LCS's, you can call this a VCS HUD if you like(Except some differences between colours). As Advance's story takes place in Liberty City, I decided to call it a LCS HUD.

TakeshiSantos
  • TakeshiSantos

O Partner, Where Art Thou?

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:05 PM

That's awesome, the HUD looks much better that the default one.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:29 AM

It's not the first ever mod (I spawned a barrel in the game in 2011) but it's great to see people are still modding it.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:52 AM

Using a Gameshark (or whatever) code is not the equivalent of this. I personally consider this the first mod for GTA Advance.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:37 AM

How do you define mod? I consider anything that edits a game's memory (that's how I added the barrel) to be a mod. ASI/CLEO/DLL in the III series use a somewhat similar concept, too, and I believe most people consider them mods.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users