VC/VCS Best GTA(s) To This Day?

10 replies to this topic
Gameorrhea
  • Gameorrhea

Youtuber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

I have always had more fun playing in the Vice City map than any other map in the franchise, not to mention I believe VC/VCS have the most reply value out of every GTa thus far. I know very little may watch it but I have always wants to upload full 1080p PC play throughs of Vice City and Vice City Stories. With Vice City though I would install the Vice Cry mod and any other mod I could add that would make the game look better without it being to much, but keep Vice City Stories the same to show how well the modders did.

gluserty
  • gluserty

GTA enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:14 PM

I like the map well enough, but for me it's the vibe of both games, the wacky characters, and many of the missions I feel are pretty inventive. I like the San Andreas/Los Santos maps too. Liberty City? I'll replay those games, but Liberty City never did it for me (I think the GTA IV Liberty City is a vast improvement, but it just isn't my kind of city).

DanielH
  • DanielH

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:47 AM Edited by DanielH, 10 December 2016 - 11:50 AM.

That honour goes to SA for me. Always confounds me why people rate VCS so highly.

Lexyz.
  • Lexyz.

Vice City RAGE 1.0 Dev

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

That honour goes to SA for me. Always confounds me why people rate VCS so highly.

Most of them don't,actually.In fact,VCS is severely underrated.

Compared to SA,this one had a MUCH better story,city,vibe and characters

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

Yeah? Well, this is a public execution.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:29 AM Edited by Still Madd, 02 January 2017 - 02:30 AM.

Most of them don't,actually.In fact,VCS is severely underrated.

Compared to SA,this one had a MUCH better story,city,vibe and characters

Opinions. You're not being objective.

In my opinion, VCS is one of the best GTAs out there. Amazingly after GTA III.

Way better than LCS, maybe because of the setting?

Anyway, being objective in this kind of topic is a kind of a hard thing to be.

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:50 AM

Well in my opinion, VC is the best gta. *waiting for triggered sa fans* VC was my first gta ever, the music is just perfect and the mission design... Aaaaaand then there is VCS. The idea of this gta is great, but it is just not well made. The levels go until level 15, gang attacks (cant be stopped), Unobtainable Biker Angel on ps2... Its just been developed very fast and without passion. 12 level--> perfect, 9 level--> something is missing, it doesnt feel right. But 15 level? Come on thats +42 patients/criminals... And yeah drive-bys are so much weaker than in other gtas.

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:42 AM

Well in my opinion, VC is the best gta. *waiting for triggered sa fans* VC was my first gta ever, the music is just perfect and the mission design... Aaaaaand then there is VCS. The idea of this gta is great, but it is just not well made. The levels go until level 15, gang attacks (cant be stopped), Unobtainable Biker Angel on ps2... Its just been developed very fast and without passion. 12 level--> perfect, 9 level--> something is missing, it doesnt feel right. But 15 level? Come on thats +42 patients/criminals... And yeah drive-bys are so much weaker than in other gtas.

They did 15 so you could even split up doing the missions in increments of 5. Do 5 here, leave.. do something else, come back: do another 5, leave, etc.

It was a pretty superb addition if you ask me. Only problem I'd have with VCS is that some of the missions feel kind of empty and not a lot of traffic/peds spawn sometimes BUT that is forgivable considering it was made for the PSP back then.

Lexyz.
  • Lexyz.

Vice City RAGE 1.0 Dev

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:49 AM

And yeah drive-bys are so much weaker than in other gtas.

What do you mean by "weaker"?The way I see it,VCS had the most powerful drive-by feature

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Homeboy

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

VCS AI in Drive-by is way more powerful than San Andreas.

• Lexyz. likes this

Platybus
  • Platybus

Crackhead

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:06 PM

Remember the Sharks in their Gang Ranchers? Good times.

Achlys
  • Achlys

Rawr

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:36 PM

Remember the Sharks in their Gang Ranchers? Good times.
I knew my car will blow up one way or another every time I saw them. *shudders*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users