Favorite moments in Red Dead Redemption

21 replies to this topic
D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:21 AM

I've been wondering about what kind of awesome, funny, or unique stuff happens to other players in RDR and thought this would be the perfect thread idea. It can be from the story, freeroam, multiplayer, etc. I just want to know what any cool moments you had during your experiences.

I was traveling back to Beecher's Hope one time and I came across a random encounter. I forget which encounter it was since it was a long time ago but bandits were involved. We got into a large shootout that I remember being pretty pic, compared to the epic gunfights you can have within the game. A bear came running out of Tall Trees and joined the fight in which he mauled one of the bandits who let out a wilhelm scream (perfect timing by the way) and the fight got pretty chaotic after that. By the end of it, they were all dead, a couple civilians passing through were also dead and so was the bear.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:18 AM

This duel is my most favorite moment, I especially love the dialogue...
  • Payne Killer likes this

JosephStalin
  • JosephStalin

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

• BUSTED!
  • Russia

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:27 AM

Predator
  • Predator

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:15 PM

• Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

NearExpansion
  • NearExpansion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:20 PM

Beating the guy in the graveyard near Chuparosa in a duel - one of the strangers missions where the girl has been killed.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:17 PM

Beating the guy in the graveyard near Chuparosa in a duel - one of the strangers missions where the girl has been killed.

You mean the video I posted above?

Bare
  • Bare

fat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:35 AM

That one mission where you play poker with Landon Ricketts in Mexico.

The mission where you take Jack hunting for the first time.

The "I Know You" cutscene in Mexico.

The first time you get to Mexico and that song plays for a while.

Most of the early Macfarlane missions, especially the cutscene at the end of the barn fire mission.

That weird side mission where you have to find Jeb's horse.

The mission where you save Luisa with Landon Ricketts.

Can't think of more right now but there's a lot. RDR is such an amazing game. If it wasn't for what happens at the end, it would probably be my favorite game of all time.

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:12 AM Edited by CreepShow, 28 July 2016 - 04:14 AM.

I remember being on Armadillo, and suddenly I saw a man standing in the sky, like flying but standing still, a weird glitch, I recorded it with my handcamera, if I get that clip back and IF anyone is interested, I'll upload it on YT. I shot the guy, also, took the poor guy out of his missery.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:16 PM

The first time riding into Mexico with "Far Away" playing in the background. It was such a cool and bone chilling moment and made me feel like I really was far away from my home.

I remember riding around until the song finished. I'll never forget that. Awe inspiring stuff that's difficult to get from most games.:)
  • ~Tiger~, Payne Killer and Sobliv like this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:29 PM

Well, today I saw something strange next to Dos Hermanas, a burnt down wagon (weird wagon, it had bigger wheels than usual) along with a burnt down nun from Dos Hermanas and 2 dead merchants, one of them had a fire bottle. I've seen scorched wagons before, but never with a dead nun.

DSC00897.jpg

DSC00896.jpg

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:47 PM

The first time I rode a horse. 

The first time I was approached for a duel. 

The first time I rode a horse over a cliff. 

The first time I rode into a wide open valley teaming with flora and fauna

The first time I rode into Tall Trees

Pretty much everything experienced in the game. NO other game has come close to making me feel like I was having a vicarious experience that couldn't be matched. It's simply the most atmospheric and immersive game I can remember playing. The world is beautiful, the setting is perfect, the tone is perfect. It's just... the best game. 

• Raavi, D9fred95, ~Tiger~ and 2 others like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:35 PM

The I know you stranger missions. Just who is this enigmatic stranger who knows so much about John, is he god, reminding John of his violent past, trying to test him with the tasks he asks John to undertake, to see will he do the right thing or return to his old ways.

Maybe he is a manifestation of John's guilt over his past, coming to the fore now because despite wanting a peaceful life he has to return to violence to get his family back. Perhaps this hypocrisy bothers John and the stranger represents John's struggle with this.

It could be that somewhere deep in John's mind he has a desire to return to his bandit days, maybe because it's what he knows and he finds the idea of a normal life somewhat daunting, the old John where he could shoot his problems away is gone, he has to adapt to a more peaceful way of life, this could scare John and the stranger could be his subconscious reminding him that his old life was vicious and cruel, the stranger reminds John in one meeting of a woman who's eye was hanging out of her socket after being shot during a robbery by John and the gang, this could be John's mind trying to quell John's desire to return to his old ways,

The stranger offers John choices during his tasks, a choice has to be made in each one, do the right thing or do the wrong thing, this choice is up to the player, myself I think John is a new man, one ready to live a normal, peaceful life, not just ready but wants to so I always choose the honourable choice in these tasks.

I realise I am reading a lot into this but I just find the character of the stranger very interesting, his apperances are among my favourite moments in Red Dead Redemption. These are my theories as to his identity and the meaning of what he says.
  • Cutter De Blanc and The Deadite like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 07 August 2016 - 09:10 PM

I had a random encounter with someone in Tall Trees (the stranded peds who steal your horse) And because i like to roleplay, i always let him rob me just so i can have an excuse to shoot them.
He robs me and takes the horse by the force, before i can even get up of the ground, a f*cking grizzly appears out of nowhere and kills both the horse and the robber. He stands in both legs and roars at John, i shoot him with the repeater but he still charges at him full speed and violently knocks him to the floor again. Grizzly turns back and charges to Marston one more time but before he can lay a paw on me, i throw a tomahawk at his skull, killing him instantly.
I approach the dead bear to skin him and a group of wolves appear, one of them bites John's arm and he enters the animation where he throws him to the floor but another f*cking bear appears out of nowhere and kills John before he can even get rid of the wolf.

In times like this i wished i had a video card.
  • Raavi, Payne Killer and Neon_Dreaming like this

Mr.Diego
  • Mr.Diego

Bitch I operate

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:42 PM

My most memorable moment in my whole gaming history is when you ride your horse for the first time in Mexico with "Far Away" in the background. I had chills for straight 2 minutes.

And the ending, my God... THAT ENDING. My heart was like a V8. My first time crying over a freakin video game.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:32 PM

Wandering around Tall Trees on foot, there's this sense of danger as you could be attacked by bears, cougars or a pack of wolves at any time. At night it is especially tense, the wildlife is a genuine threat which I like, you never truly feel alone so you have to be on your guard.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:34 PM

I was wearing the buster coat and bandana while messing around in Armadillo, jumping from roof to roof when i hear a whore being attacked in the saloon's backalley. I jump down from 2 stories on top of my horse and i kill the assailant with a tomahawk straight to the face.
That sh*t would make Batman proud.
  • Payne Killer and LincolnClay like this

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:15 PM

reddeadreyes.png

Still cracks me up today..

Synthol
  • Synthol

Credit:purevil101

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

Punching the guy who pays you for returning the missing people in Fort Mercer and having him yell out "WHAT DID I DO WRONG AND CAN I FIX IT?"

Eternal Donkey
  • Eternal Donkey

Lady Kush :)(:

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:15 AM Edited by Freak_Show, 02 December 2016 - 01:15 AM.

Playing Liar's Dice in a full table,beating the opponent with 5 dices despite having only one dice left

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:15 AM

The first time riding into Mexico 

I've just done that very thing and ....wow. Mind blowing. The scrub land and endless cactus fields of New Austin were, to be honest, rather tedious but the mesas and valleys of Mexico are truly wonderful.

Yes, this for me was the best moment of the game. Thus far anyhow ;)

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Jonny Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:57 AM

I remember being on Armadillo, and suddenly I saw a man standing in the sky, like flying but standing still, a weird glitch, I recorded it with my handcamera, if I get that clip back and IF anyone is interested, I'll upload it on YT. I shot the guy, also, took the poor guy out of his missery.

Funny enough, the same thing happened to me when I was playing RDR for a bit back in July of this year. I've posted these screenshots before in another thread about a month ago. Still, it was a site to behold.
Spoiler

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Did everything with John that I was able to do and then the last thing I did for 100% was Remember My Family. Left a very satisfying sense of completion, and is the only time I've gotten two trophies at once.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users