Things you dislike about RDR

95 replies to this topic
confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rip andrea. a great twd character.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

this may seem a little off topic but its funny. a long time ago back near when red dead came out. I saw a youtube video titiled red dead redemption sucks. all the guy did was complain because there was no blood on the knife when you skinned an animal. he kept complaining about it. it was funny. but back on topic. the things I disliked were.

no swimming. I know this has been mentioned plenty before but it was so annoying when you accidentally fall in the water. I cant count the times in thieves landing were instead of going on the bridge I went into the water. it was annoying. but I think I know why john dies when going in the water. john marston has the power of the deadeye devil fruit. yes that's how john gained his deadeye. he ate the devil fruit. this was a joke but I hope some people get the reference.

small storyline. redemption had a small story even smaller than gta 5. I loved the story I thought it was great. but I think a lot more could have been added. more mexico missions. I would have loved to see more battles in the Mexican revolution. they missions were fun but it would have been cool if we saw some full scale battles like the civil war. cannons everywere. calvalry and infantry hundreds at once. that would have been so cool. also It would have been nice to have some civilian non war missions to mix it up. and definitely more landon rickets.

small native American role. I love Indians in westerns it is very iconic. so I was surprised/ saddened when they only had a small role. I do find it interesting how dutch was able to take the natives and form a gang with them. but other than a few story missions they aren't very common to find as npcs. the only time I see them is either at a random event or I see one at the five finger fillet table in manzanita post.

no john marston or gang backstory dlc. undead nightmare was fun yea and one of the best dlcs I have played but it would have been nice if they gave us a johns gang backstory singleplayer dlc. it would have been nice to see the gang when the were younger and a kid jack. we could see how they were when they were friends. plus I feel like bill Javier and dutch had very little screen time in the main story so it would be nice to see them again and learn more about them. it is possible they didn't do this because we might get to see the gang in rdr 2 and they were saving it. I hope so anyway. but oh well at least redemption got a singleplayer dlc unlike gta 5.

HOONART
  • HOONART

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Aside from the lack of swimming ability that's already mentioned, I only have a couple small dislikes. I've been able to get my horse to run from the wild animals when it's attacked. Sometimes you get away, sometimes you don't. I kind of like that it doesn't always work out. But what was a little annoying back when I first started playing was that I accidentally killed the horse more than once by accidentally falling from either a high place or into the water. I'd also like it more if the whole map was unlocked at the beginning, and considering that GTA has gotten away from that, hopefully it won't be an issue in the future. I also think that some of the missions are too linear and too easy to fail. It's good that there's a challenge, but when you have to retry several times to get through something, it breaks up the action and makes the game less immersive.

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Awesom-0, 3 weeks ago.

THINGS I DISLIKE: 

• The fact that you can't swim. You drown instantly.

• The skinning animation can't be skipped. I know you can park your horse over the corpse to skip it, but you should have been able to turn off the animation in the option menu.

• The fact that the character switching cheat code doesn't work in reverse after you complete the game.

• Sometimes the challenges seemed to drag on too long at times.

• The fact that Undead Nightmare wasn't a multiplayer freemode option.

I think that's about it...

Feather
  • Feather

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A day ago

Hey guys wrong thread probably but what was your least favorite part of RDR? I personally thought the civil war part was really dull and boring (only compared to the rest of RDR). Mostly because I saw De Santa's betrayal coming from a mile away. 

Meekail
  • Meekail

Phenomenal

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted A day ago

Hey guys wrong thread probably but what was your least favorite part of RDR? I personally thought the civil war part was really dull and boring (only compared to the rest of RDR). Mostly because I saw De Santa's betrayal coming from a mile away. 

The Mexico portion of the game. I thought it was going to be really fun but the whole time I was there I wanted to get back to America.

• Journey_95, Holland_Hicks and Feather like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago

The Mexico portion of the game. I thought it was going to be really fun but the whole time I was there I wanted to get back to America.

I think the atmosphere there was great but the overall civil war story was just too dragged out with predictable twists and repetitive missions. The whole search for Javier Escuella plot got shafted, dude barely had any screentime

• Payne Killer likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users