• FilipCRO

I ❤ Vice City

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

Not on PC, which means:

- No keyboard/mouse gunplay.

- No 60 fps.

Also, I seem to recall no liar dice in multiplayer unless you paid 10 bucks for it, which is a bit insane for something that should've been included with the base game.

This type of game is played much better on a gamepad, just like GTA.

But I agree, 60 fps would be nice if they made a PC version.

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:00 PM

Not on PC, which means:

- No 60 fps.

Also, I seem to recall no liar dice in multiplayer unless you paid 10 bucks for it, which is a bit insane for something that should've been included with the base game.

A lot of people think 3rd person games should be played with a controller.

And there's actually zero logic behind this. It's got guns, you should play it with a keyboard and mouse.

Just try and get back to me.

Max Payne 3 for instance, was a terrible game back when I had the same "logic".

Turned out really great two-three years later when I played it again, but this time with keyboard and mouse.

Red Dead is even less of a game that would be better with a controller than GTA, since there are no cars and flying vehicles.

• Street Mix and TheHumanIsland like this

jdv95
  • jdv95

ground soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:08 PM

Not on PC, which means:

- No 60 fps.

And there's actually zero logic behind this. It's got guns, you should play it with a keyboard and mouse.

Turned out really great two-three years later when I played it again, but this time with keyboard and mouse.

Red Dead is even less of a game that would be better with a controller than GTA, since there are no cars and flying vehicles.

well in your case it's better to hope that you will get red dead 3 on your pc  to begin with otherwise you will have to adapt to our "handicapted controller gunplay" 

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Falkland-Islands

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:11 PM

This type of game is played much better on a keyboard and mouse, just like GTA.

K+M gives you freedom not just in shooting but also in looking around and exploring. Same with Assassins Creed.

I know cause I played the same games (GTA and AC) on both.

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:12 PM Edited by The Algerian, 17 October 2016 - 02:13 PM.

Not on PC, which means:

- No 60 fps.

well in your case it's better to hope that you will get red dead 3 on your pc  to begin with otherwise you will have to adapt to our "handicapted controller gunplay" 

Not buying it if it's not, so yeah. Better hope it is on PC, but no, will not have to adapt to anything.

Not Read Dead 3, not GTA IV, no more controller gunplay for me thank you.

Would be incredibly dumb not to have it on PC, though.

GTA V still being on the top 10 steam seller to this day, at full price.

98% sure they won't skip PC release.

Even if they have to go through their console release and "no plans for PC at this time" BS.

• Street Mix likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:18 PM

We better be able to swim in the next game.

FilipCRO
  • FilipCRO

I ❤ Vice City

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:38 PM

Not on PC, which means:

- No 60 fps.

In multiplayer TPS games, yes, mouse is an advantage.

I just feel more comfortable (intuitive) playing those games with a gamepad, opposed to using a keyboard.

Whatever comforts you the best.

Though, you say MP3 was "a terrible game" because you were using a gamepad. I dont get this? I know for a fact that many PC players can barely hold a controller, let alone play with it, for some reason...

This type of game is played much better on a keyboard and mouse, just like GTA.

K+M gives you freedom not just in shooting but also in looking around and exploring. Same with Assassins Creed.

I know cause I played the same games (GTA and AC) on both.

What ? horsesh*t

Gamepad gives you more freedom especially with looking around and exploring, running, jumping, etc.

You just love K+M more.

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:17 PM Edited by The Algerian, 17 October 2016 - 03:17 PM.

I just feel more comfortable (intuitive) playing those games with a gamepad, opposed to using a keyboard.

Makes little to no sense, how would it be an advantage in multiplayer and not single-player?

I did have a 360 before I switched to PC, and I played RDR on it, finished it without problems.

After I switched to PC, I went back to play RDR. Game was still great, but auto-aim was boring, free-aim was tedious.

I'm just as confortable with a gamepad as you are, it's just... not up to my standards anymore.

Gamepad gives you more freedom especially with looking around and exploring, running, jumping, etc.

It really doesn't.

It's incredibly clunky when I'm too lazy to make the switch between controller and KB/M in GTA when I exit a vehicle for instance.

(Yeah, cause that's how I play GTA, I use the controller when in a vehicle and drop it on my desk to switch to KB/M when I'm on foot)

FilipCRO
  • FilipCRO

I ❤ Vice City

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:33 PM Edited by FilipCRO, 17 October 2016 - 03:35 PM.

Makes little to no sense, how would it be an advantage in multiplayer and not single-player?

I did have a 360 before I switched to PC, and I played RDR on it, finished it without problems.

After I switched to PC, I went back to play RDR. Game was still great, but auto-aim was boring, free-aim was tedious.

I'm just as confortable with a gamepad as you are, it's just... not up to my standards anymore.

It really doesn't.

It's incredibly clunky when I'm too lazy to make the switch between controller and KB/M in GTA when I exit a vehicle for instance.

(Yeah, cause that's how I play GTA, I use the controller when in a vehicle and drop it on my desk to switch to KB/M when I'm on foot)

Because multiplayer is a competitive mode and singleplayer is not.

From your words, you are not "confortable" with a gamepad, nah...you need practice ;)

It really is better for moving, and running, jumping, more intuitive while playing assassins creed.

Also, I play GTA V on PC same way you are, gamepad + Mouse (when sniping, using mouse to aim and left thumbstick to move) - Best of both worlds. So its not really clunky, its just your incompetence.

O.Z
  • O.Z

Trevor Philips

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:19 PM

Not being able to swim

• The Happy Clown likes this

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:09 PM Edited by The Algerian, 17 October 2016 - 05:10 PM.

It really doesn't.

From your words, you are not "confortable" with a gamepad, nah...you need practice ;)

Can you quote them more specifically, I'm curious to see what part you managed to misunderstand even though I'm doing my best to make each and every one of my sentences the simplest possible, knowing the internet and its people's reading comprehension skills.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Falkland-Islands

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:19 PM

It doesn't. I agree it's comfy but mouse gives you much more freedom especially with looking around.

123-bob
  • 123-bob

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:40 PM

Not enough Ennio...

https://youtu.be/Jjq6e1LJHxw?t=2097

NearExpansion
  • NearExpansion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:27 PM

The wild cat hut attack mini game in the mountains - took me soooooo many attempts to complete that...

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:32 PM

While beautiful and atmospheric The world didn't feel particularly big in RDeadR. Traversal was fun but also kinda meh when you know mexico is like 3 minutes away.

Shaggy12001
  • Shaggy12001

Shaggy12001

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:17 PM

A broken Multiplayer that Rockstar Games is too lazy to fix or update

Argahawk
  • Argahawk

Soon Dark Elves will conquer the Vortex and the whole old world

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:57 PM Edited by Argahawk, 19 October 2016 - 03:00 PM.

That water could kill John faster than gatling gun :D

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:48 PM Edited by gpcguy1, 19 October 2016 - 04:00 PM.

The health regeneration, it made the combat feel so cheap since John was invincible. Hopefully its similar to Vs health system, that's perfect.

Also the camera angles when looting and skinning, so annoying. Id prefer to keep the regular camera.

DarksunDaFirst
  • DarksunDaFirst

High Elder of the UnSeelie Court

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:13 PM

That the sequel is called RDR2.

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:48 PM

Not being able to swim

It's actually very realistic that he can't swim. Most people back then could not swim. Even sailors of the time often could not swim.

Only things I didn't really like was Jack's adult voice and face. Also Blackwater being too deserted and not a lot to do there, it should have been the busiest place on the map.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:00 PM

-You can't access the big mountain in Cochinay in free roam, only in a mission. That sucks.

Are you sure? I recall always being able to go up it

LewisVee
  • LewisVee

Unified Nations MC VP

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:26 PM

Being alone all the time with no backup.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Falkland-Islands

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:38 PM Edited by Street Mix, 20 October 2016 - 10:24 PM.

- No swimming.

- That stupid hard mission with catching 3 wild horses.

- World feels empty.

- The only city is not a city but a small empty town.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:38 AM

Not being able to swim

It's actually very realistic that he can't swim. Most people back then could not swim. Even sailors of the time often could not swim.
It's not realistic that the animals (horses, bears etc) can't though, hope they change that in the next game, let animals and the protag swim.
  • Street Mix likes this

BoulderFaceplant
  • BoulderFaceplant

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:52 AM

1914 Jack Marston's voice. They could have digitally altered it to be a few octaves lower, but instead they just left him sounding like a 15-year-old. We also should have been able to switch back to John postgame.

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:32 AM

Doing horse racing for Nigel West Dickens. No reason Bill Williamson was able to escape to Mexico. John was busy racing horses for a fraud.

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:21 PM

The Jack, the whole Jack, and nothing but the Jack Marston

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

-Not being able to explore the mountains

-The twichy graphics

-Akward Jumping animations

-The melee combat

-No swimming

-The multiplayer

-Having to do a list of things to get different outfits. instead of having clothing stores

-RDR having a lot of bugs and glitches

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Mukkus, 3 weeks ago.

Im about 65% through with over 5k in the bank and nothing to buy. I have the war horse and fast white horse. I dont even bother selling a store full of items

Enchilada
  • Enchilada

Prankster

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

On multiplayer:

Cheaters
Explosive rifle
Short cool down on rolls
Crouch reload
Horseback zig zag glitchers
Deadeye

These types of players were the typical zebra, Lemat at a distance shooters. You know who you are

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users