• None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:27 PM

-running animation

-John runs like he's got a load of poop in his pants.

Running with cowboy boots is difficult if not impossible, honesytly my issue is the walking style of John. He walks like a model on the catwalk.

-The fact that Bonnie is so friendly and relaxed around a complete stranger that he just removed a bullet from is kinda jarring. He even gave him a rifle without knowing anything about him, that was a lapse of judgement there.

-The subtitles are too small for my tube TV.

Other than that, game is cool so far.
  • Payne Killer likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:05 AM

The ONLY thing I don't care for is not being able to skip the skinning cut scene...not because It's gross or bothers me visually, it just gets old after seeing it over and over again.

Place your Horse above the Carcass. It bypasses the Animation.

OT:

No Swimming.

Everything is out to kill you.

Can't Drive the Train.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:49 AM

There's nothing I dislike about this game. 

• UAL, Misunderstood and SmokesWithCigs like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:54 PM

SPOILERS BELOW FOR THE MEXICO STORYLINE.

When John is working with the army in Mexico and then does a u turn and helps the rebels, I understand this is so he can track down Escuella and Williamson but what I don't like is how there are seemingly no hard feelings from the rebels.

John goes from taking over rebel strongholds to working directly with Abraham Reyes, the fact that when John and Reyes first meet John introduces himself and Reyes reveals that he knows that John was working for the army and that he was planning in putting a bullet in his back. Chances are it is common knowledge that the army have an American called John Marston fighting with them. John may have rescued Reyes but he still was very instrumental in dealing a lot of damage to the rebel movement, seemingly rescuing Reyes cancelled this out.

It's just a bit grating how he can so easily switch sides without any consequences, Reyes probaly realises that John is focused on capturing Escuella and Williamson and is generally indifferent to the power struggle in Mexico, thus if he helps John catch them, John will help him. I just think if some anger among the ranks due to John joining the rebels after fighting against them was shown it would make the situation more plausable, let it go from anger and aggression to a grudging respect as John helps the rebels.
  • Journey_95, Niobium and The Deadite like this

monkb4skunk
  • monkb4skunk

Have a nice day, motherf*cker

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • New-Zealand

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:18 AM

Jack f*cken Marston
  • Fuzzknuckles and Feurian42 like this

Absolut
  • Absolut

Homie

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:59 AM

I'm not a huge fan, and for a bit surprising reason I guess. It's so f*cking HUGE!!! I was first in awe of the world, but when the single player closed to the end of the story, and you needed to ride from south-west to the north-east. In the desert. Which is very deserted. With a horse. That's not a 500cc, two-stroke, sandshoveling weapon out there. Or anywhere. Everywhere you wanted to go, you'd either walk, or ride. And in the end I hated walking even more than riding. And then the wildlife would come and make it's move. Or some random robber or what ever those enemies were. And out of gazillion square miles of the map, I always used the exact same routes to the exact same few places. You had to move around quite a bit, and I ain't a great fan of riding horses in games, in desert, it seems.

It was really close to being a great game for me, but the downsides were a little too infuriating for me, and it really made me sad. I wanted to like it a lot, but clippity-clop-clippity-clop-clippity-clop-clippity-clop through the state was a bit too much in the end. Hopefully there will be a work-around in future RDR to this, I'd even like a hybrid-semi-scifi wild west with steampunk cars more, but I think I'd be very alone with that. Maybe if the horse can do flips and barrel rolls out of great heights?

Wasn't there cars in the last place of the story, way up NE if i remember correctly? I think I stopped playing in the same instant (within a minute) I saw first car, as it was such a whiplash on my face - I had cursed that stupid donkey of a horse for hours, and then it turns out that there are CARS in the game. It was just too much for me.

So I didn't like the big, open world, and cars. That really is a surprise, even to myself.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:20 AM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 09 August 2016 - 11:21 AM.

^^You can travel fast using wagons or quick travel in your improved camp, why you whinning about riding horses in a cowboy game dude?
Besides, you can't drive cars.

OT: I can't change John of his rancher outfit in the last section of missions in the game. What the f*ck, no only he's suddenly unable to change clothes but he exchanged for a lamer version of him. R* kinda f*cked up.
The ending, as powerful as it is... it just f*cking ruins the freeroaming aspect of the game.
  • Payne Killer likes this

UAL
  • UAL

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:04 AM

Honestly not much at all.

My only gripe with RDR is when the game finishes it's quite boring, I felt riding around/free roaming on a horse lost it's novelty when there were no more missions.

Tbf I always done the strangers missions while I was doing the main story, maybe should have left them to the end.

Other than that the game was pretty much flawless.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

Having to play poker/blackjack/liar's dice in order to unlock certain outfits and to complete one stranger mission that I know of. It just bugs me, I'm not really familar with those games so it's always a chore trying to win them.

Obviously not the game's fault that I don't play them in real life, I just wish they weren't needed for unlockables.

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:19 PM Edited by Original Light, 25 August 2016 - 09:20 PM.

I would have to say that the lack of swimming could get very irritating at times. I'm generally easy to please, for the most part, when it comes to features in games. Though this is one thing that really got on my nerves.

It reminds me of GTA III, GTA Vice CIty, and LCS, where water was pretty much deadly poison. Walking in above neck level results in immediate death, even if the mouth and nose aren't completely submerged! 

Semtex tk
  • Semtex tk

GTA pro

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:48 AM

I'm not a huge fan, and for a bit surprising reason I guess. It's so f*cking HUGE!!! I was first in awe of the world, but when the single player closed to the end of the story, and you needed to ride from south-west to the north-east. In the desert. Which is very deserted. With a horse. That's not a 500cc, two-stroke, sandshoveling weapon out there. Or anywhere. Everywhere you wanted to go, you'd either walk, or ride. And in the end I hated walking even more than riding. And then the wildlife would come and make it's move. Or some random robber or what ever those enemies were. And out of gazillion square miles of the map, I always used the exact same routes to the exact same few places. You had to move around quite a bit, and I ain't a great fan of riding horses in games, in desert, it seems.
It was really close to being a great game for me, but the downsides were a little too infuriating for me, and it really made me sad. I wanted to like it a lot, but clippity-clop-clippity-clop-clippity-clop-clippity-clop through the state was a bit too much in the end. Hopefully there will be a work-around in future RDR to this, I'd even like a hybrid-semi-scifi wild west with steampunk cars more, but I think I'd be very alone with that. Maybe if the horse can do flips and barrel rolls out of great heights?

Wasn't there cars in the last place of the story, way up NE if i remember correctly? I think I stopped playing in the same instant (within a minute) I saw first car, as it was such a whiplash on my face - I had cursed that stupid donkey of a horse for hours, and then it turns out that there are CARS in the game. It was just too much for me.

So I didn't like the big, open world, and cars. That really is a surprise, even to myself.

Try playing fallout. sh*t attacks u every 5 seconds. Mostly in fallout 3 and in new Vegas u always have troopers or assassins after u

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:06 PM Edited by Journey_95, 02 September 2016 - 12:15 PM.

The Mexico part is too dragged out. I also think that West Dickens and Irish have too many missions.

The Marshal was a better character and deserved more.

Instead of Undead Nightmare (which was fun) we should have gotten a prequel DLC when John was still in Dutch's gang

• Algonquin Assassin and Sunrise Driver like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:03 PM

The only thing that kind of annoyed me was that job where you had to kettle the herd of cows or whatever and safe them before running into certain death down the cliff! 

It taught me a valuable lesson though, and just yesterday I was reminded of that. Because just like those stupid cows, my little daughter LOVES to run backwards and away from the "herd", to go off-road, all that noise. It's quite a task to keep up with a kid almost 2 years old, curious of every- and anything. 
But I just move behind her, at steady pace from right to left if necessary, wave directions and shout enthusiastic follow-the-herd bits at her. Works pretty well. So thanks I guess, RDR, for teaching me that one. Hated that bit in the game though. 

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:08 PM

i dislike how John Marston dies, they should've at least let us to choose to get him killed or stay alive

no swimming, player dies instantly when touching the water

Jack Marston

• Sunrise Driver likes this

RandompedestrianfromLC
  • RandompedestrianfromLC

Liberty City

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:38 PM

Wild animals are way too agressive in this game. Just like in gta v, when it sees you it attacks. Thats the only thing I hate in this game.

Really annoying. 

nunyobidness
  • nunyobidness

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:18 PM

That I knew before I started playing the game that John was going to be killed. Because of this when I got to the point where John is allowed to go home I stopped playing because I couldn't bear what I knew was coming. It was a full year before I came around to complete it.

I felt that Blackwater was a disappointment. You worked the whole game to get there and when you do it's kinda small and empty. There's nothing going on there that's interesting at all and there aren't enough people, it felt like  a ghost town. 

Jacks Voice. If I have to finish as Jack can I at least have it be after Puberty. He sounded like a 13 year old when we took over as him.

Melee combat was boring.

It took too long to get the Automatic Pistol.

RandompedestrianfromLC
  • RandompedestrianfromLC

Liberty City

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:53 PM

The store owner Herbert Moon. That annoying m f. That guy I hate. Racist stupid dick. I was happy whem zombies ate him alive in undead nightmare.

Wish that he died in normal red dead too..

http://reddead.wikia...ki/Herbert_Moon

Everytime after first 2 times i hear: Help! I'm Herbert Moon! I've just been robbed!

I just leave armadillo and ride away. It just keeps happening. So annoying. How many times can men get robbed in one week.. 

• Shadow__Hazard and The Deadite like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:30 PM

The explosive rifle, not worth the price, it was a bit of a disappointment, also the $10 per shot was a bit much, even though there's not much else to spend it on except for ammo. I can see how it could be useful against a player in online but in single player with ample dead eye not so much.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:44 PM

The explosive rifle, not worth the price, it was a bit of a disappointment, also the $10 per shot was a bit much, even though there's not much else to spend it on except for ammo. I can see how it could be useful against a player in online but in single player with ample dead eye not so much.

It's really useful in Undead Nightmare, but not so much in the main game.
  • The Deadite and Neon_Dreaming like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:59 PM

Wild animals are way too agressive in this game. Just like in gta v, when it sees you it attacks. Thats the only thing I hate in this game.

Really annoying. 

It's... kind of realistic in that respect, though. 

Wander in to a bear's territory and you're going to have a bad time. Wander into a wildcat's territory and you're going to have a bad time. Wander into a jackalope's territory and you're going to stand there wondering what the f*ck you're actually looking at before having a bad time. 

Wild animals, they are wild. It's incredible, I know. 

• Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

DarksunDaFirst
  • DarksunDaFirst

High Elder of the UnSeelie Court

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

You can't hitch a horse to a wagon, and if your hitched-horse dies then your wagon is toast.

Archives
  • Archives

Pedaço de asno

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:17 PM

The way John runs... looks like he shat himself.

• FilipCRO likes this

Dan_1983
  • Dan_1983

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:20 PM

Apart from the fact that John dies....I f*cking hate the cougars. They always turn up and kill you when you least expect it.

kBlaise
  • kBlaise

"We're two hombres in a strange town..."

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:30 AM

I'm not a fan of the horse controls. And also the fact that your horse takes a million years to come to you (and it sometimes runs past you) which can be a problem if you're in trouble (e.g. lawmen are shooting at you).

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:46 PM

My only real complaint is that John dies...
  • The Deadite likes this

BöömBäpper
  • BöömBäpper

SLAM TÖTTÖÖDÖÖ TÖTTÖÖDÖÖ LET THE BOYS BE BOYS

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:17 PM Edited by LibertyCityGraffitiKid, 29 September 2016 - 10:18 PM.

Really annoying. 

Wander in to a bear's territory and you're going to have a bad time. Wander into a wildcat's territory and you're going to have a bad time. Wander into a jackalope's territory and you're going to stand there wondering what the f*ck you're actually looking at before having a bad time. 

Realistic? No way. Wilderness doesent have that much life in real life. Freekin 10 cougars in same place? In real life those would probably just run away when it hears you 80% of time. Too much is just too much and unrealistic. Real wild animals wont act like that. Those attacts should be littlebit more rarer. Obviously im not a f*cking wildlife expert, but i was just saying it is seriously over the top. They should make them so that it is 50/50 if it attacs you unless you are really close. 

edit: ..or did I just have more of them because my difficulty was on hard core?

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:29 AM

Really annoying. 

Realistic? No way. Wilderness doesent have that much life in real life. Freekin 10 cougars in same place? In real life those would probably just run away when it hears you 80% of time. Too much is just too much and unrealistic. Real wild animals wont act like that. Those attacts should be littlebit more rarer. Obviously im not a f*cking wildlife expert, but i was just saying it is seriously over the top. They should make them so that it is 50/50 if it attacs you unless you are really close. 

edit: ..or did I just have more of them because my difficulty was on hard core?

Well RDR is set in the early 1900s so in that respect it's realistic to the setting as you'd more likely get mauled by a Cougar or a Grizzly back then compared to today simply because the population of the animals was in greater numbers.

How many American settlers died of animal attacks in those days? Probably too many to count.

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:14 PM

the i know you stranger missions... they were so fu*king weird...

people come up with conspiracy theories about how he's god or the devil or death and I'm just like "what..."

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:55 AM

Not on PC, which means:

- No keyboard/mouse gunplay.

- No 60 fps.

Also, I seem to recall no liar dice in multiplayer unless you paid 10 bucks for it, which is a bit insane for something that should've been included with the base game.

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:30 AM Edited by TheHumanIsland, 17 October 2016 - 02:30 AM.

1: Wasn't on PC

2: Isn't on PS4

3: Since I play those platforms and hate xbox nonsense when I can do PS and PC when xbox is just a gimped PC, I didn't get to play much RDR or really get intimate with it.

:p

So, all my own fault, but still, my complaints lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users