Rejeckted
  • Rejeckted

Oblivion Wolf

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Contribution Award [GFX]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:09 PM

This is just a small idea, nothing serious though.

As we know that Forum Support has "Answered" option that the author has, that he selects(if he wants to) after being satisfied with the answer. Could you guys implement something like that in IPB V4 for GFX Request section. Something like "Filled" or "Done". I can understand that multiple guys can post their works, but if author is fully satisfied then he can mark it. If someone wants to try then they can always post what they have made. I know that the idea has many flaws but if you guys could do something that separates filled request from not-filled or not satisfied requests, that would be great.

Personally I am fine with the way it is but I feel it would be even better if their was something to separate. It would attract more people who want to attempt something imo. Let's say that if someone is in a creative mood and want to make something real quick then it would be easier for them. As of now only topics with 0 posts can be identified as not filled. Sometimes topics with two posts are just two bumps. Believe me most of topics look the same lol and sometimes it might get a touch tedious to check all of them.

I just want to say that if you could do something, then that would always be appreciated. May be just a trial for a week. If not then that's fine, no problem. But keep that in the areas where you would like to improve in future.  :^:

• GTAKid667, AnDReJ98, PhillBellic and 4 others like this

Nico
  • Nico

Don't leave me now

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:27 PM

I like the idea, but I doubt it will be frequently used at the beginning. Most requesters come from the Online section and they barely know the rest of the forum, let alone using specific functions like that. Probably when multiple topics have the green "answered" tag on them, they may want to use the function.

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:53 PM

I like the idea, but I doubt it will be frequently used at the beginning. Most requesters come from the Online section and they barely know the rest of the forum, let alone using specific functions like that. Probably when multiple topics have the green "answered" tag on them, they may want to use the function.

Maybe set it up so the main artist are able to tick it off themselves?

May require special permission tho

Nico
  • Nico

Don't leave me now

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:18 AM

Sometimes more than one artist fulfills the request, and I think the requester should decide which one pleases him.
  • Pastry and Rejeckted like this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:27 PM

It's not a bad idea and it could be worth a trial.

I was just looking at the way Q&A subforums are set up in IPB4, and it's a lot better than the way it's setup now as you can up/down vote responses etc, but it treats them all as "question" topics (obviously) so it might look a little weird if the GFX question was like that since they are requests for help and not actually questions. I don't believe we could edit the way it's set up so that it says "done" or "filled" etc very easily, but don't quote me on it.

The current permissions are that the OP and staff are able to mark things as resolved as well, so since a lot of requests in there are newbs asking for patches, like Nico said we might have a lot of topics left "unanswered" because they can't be bothered to press the button.

• Vik likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users