The lone wolf guide to the CEO cargo trade

82 replies to this topic
Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:51 AM

Video link coming shortly but it would appear this is an issue with this specific mission, if you blow up the boats before the text the crates can be destroyed.

Video:

-snip-

I personally think it's because you blew up the larger boat before blowing up the smaller ones - this freed the crates from the large boat into the sea, where they were vulnerable to getting caught in the explosion of the smaller boats. I've had that happen to me before.

There could also be a glitch though; I can't rule that out.

Well had exact same mission last night, waited for the text and then blew up the main boat with no destroyed crates so I guess everyone just

has to be careful where they shoot on this one.

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:22 AM

i'm new to these cargo missions and thank you very much for these tipps.

my question is if it is possible to do all of the collecting and delivery missions absolutely solo.

i have read that for some of these you have to play with others.

is the only requirement a public lobby (even if it's empty) or is there an additional requirement for certain actions/missions that you need at least one more player?

• Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

i'm new to these cargo missions and thank you very much for these tipps.

my question is if it is possible to do all of the collecting and delivery missions absolutely solo.

i have read that for some of these you have to play with others.

is the only requirement a public lobby (even if it's empty) or is there an additional requirement for certain actions/missions that you need at least one more player?

Some delivery missions will tell you that you need more than one player, but it will let you start it by yourself anyway. Just make sure you do it in an empty session, so you're in with a fair chance.

Some of the collection missions may be difficult to do solo if you don't have a Buzzard/armed aircraft.

As long as you do though, then you should be just fine doing everything solo. Just make sure you know what to expect in each mission.

• size_m likes this

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

Video link coming shortly but it would appear this is an issue with this specific mission, if you blow up the boats before the text the crates can be destroyed.

Video:

it seems that you linked the wrong video.

in this video no crate explodes.

you just collect 2 crates after another from sea, the first with buzzard and the second swimming and with kuruma.

Jaxite
  • Jaxite

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:23 PM

I'm thinking about investing in a large warehouse and a buzzard, i have sold a small warehouse twice already and just wondering how hard it is...

•  
  • Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:04 PM

I'm thinking about investing in a large warehouse and a buzzard, i have sold a small warehouse twice already and just wondering how hard it is...

For the most part, selling a large warehouse is more or less the same as selling a small warehouse; just takes longer to fill it up.

Jaxite
  • Jaxite

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:19 PM

For the most part, selling a large warehouse is more or less the same as selling a small warehouse; just takes longer to fill it up.

Oh i see, the 2 selling missions i have done are the tug boat with the buzzard and sea sharks chasing you which was straight forward, and dropping crates with 2 cubans with no npcs near the drop points.

The thing i'm worried about is the npc's ect if i scout ahead and kill them will they respawn when i get in the titan or cuban again? 

• Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:22 PM

Oh i see, the 2 selling missions i have done are the tug boat with the buzzard and sea sharks chasing you which was straight forward, and dropping crates with 2 cubans with no npcs near the drop points.

The thing i'm worried about is the npc's ect if i scout ahead and kill them will they respawn when i get in the titan or cuban again? 

Oh no they won't (I've never had them respawn anyway). Get in the Titan/Cuban, then get out again. Scout ahead, kill the helicopters, and you're good to go back to the plane and complete the mission.

You should be fine; I'd go for it.

• BigBrother67 likes this

Jaxite
  • Jaxite

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:43 PM

Oh no they won't (I've never had them respawn anyway). Get in the Titan/Cuban, then get out again. Scout ahead, kill the helicopters, and you're good to go back to the plane and complete the mission.

Thanks for responding.

And one more thing if i set my MTU settings to 800 to get into a solo lobby can it easily be set back to normal? 

• Hunter likes this

Hunter
  • Hunter

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:44 PM

Thanks for responding.

And one more thing if i set my MTU settings to 800 to get into a solo lobby can it easily be set back to normal? 

No problem.

I'm afraid I can't really answer that - that's a PS4 thing (as far as I know), and I'm not on PS4. I'd imagine it could be though. Might be worth asking around though.

BigBrother67
  • BigBrother67

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:31 AM Edited by BigBrother67, 22 July 2016 - 06:33 AM.

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I do it all the time, to change the MTU back to 1500 all you have to do is select easy instead of custom and all settings go back to default. Also the only thing you change to get a solo lobby is the MTU setting, change it from 1500 to 800, 900 also works but you'll get a few "visitors" after awhile.

Victory Viper
  • Victory Viper

Crackhead

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:27 PM

Find the vehicle:

There is an easy way to find out which one it is - simply open up your interaction menu, go to Quick GPS, and set it to cargo vehicle. A marker will be set on the correct vehicle. (A huge thanks to AmyVinewood for letting me know about this; I wouldn't have found it out otherwise).

I have done this mission multiple times and never got the Cargo Vehicle option in the Quick GPS menu. Do you know if this method is patched? Is there another way to know the correct vehicle?

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:29 PM

I have done this mission multiple times and never got the Cargo Vehicle option in the Quick GPS menu. Do you know if this method is patched? Is there another way to know the correct vehicle?

I think they patched it unfortunately.

Hope the guide was of some use anyway, and thanks for checking it out.

• Victory Viper likes this

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:15 AM Edited by Revoemag, 21 February 2017 - 08:16 AM.

this isn't patched..there are 2 missions, cargo and trackify , the cargo one can be seen on the map as green crate, scroll to it and marker it.
The trackify one can't be seen in the map..

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

FR 12.7

• Members
  • France

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:52 PM Edited by Hécate-II, 21 February 2017 - 04:54 PM.

I may run out of luck, but my CEO deliveries where I have to drop 10 packages with 2 Cuban 800 are always bugged.

I deliver the 5 first packages with the first Cuban, then I go back to the airport...I take the second Cuban and the drop off points aren't displayed on the map for that second aircraft. Which means I can't finish the delivery...

I know I'm supposed to hire an associate...but the thread is about lone wolf CEO
  • AboveAndBeyoncé likes this

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

this isn't patched..there are 2 missions, cargo and trackify , the cargo one can be seen on the map as green crate, scroll to it and marker it.
The trackify one can't be seen in the map..

yes, it is patched.

in the gps you cannot choose "cargo vehicle" anymore.

(i'm not sure about the trackify version though.)

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

FR 12.7

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:01 AM Edited by Hécate-II, 17 April 2017 - 11:02 AM.

Did this morning the Marquis mission with Savage. Surprisingly its really easy to grab crates over the water with Savage.

Spoiler

Landing in the narrow Derriere Lingerie Backlot street.

Spoiler

• Happy Hunter likes this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

Got a question.....I'm having major problems with the missions that need you to use a cargobob, when i did this an associate for someone i had no trouble with it, when i try to pick up a car in freeroam with a bob i found, no problem. But each time i've tried it in my own sourcing missions it's been a BIG problem, two out of three times, even though i was hovering so low i was practically sitting on the car it just wouldn't attach, to the point i ended up getting killed by the npc's shooting at me.

Anyone else have this? am i doing something wrong, hovering too low maybe?

Faggio S
  • Faggio S

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:51 AM

Got a question.....I'm having major problems with the missions that need you to use a cargobob, when i did this an associate for someone i had no trouble with it, when i try to pick up a car in freeroam with a bob i found, no problem. But each time i've tried it in my own sourcing missions it's been a BIG problem, two out of three times, even though i was hovering so low i was practically sitting on the car it just wouldn't attach, to the point i ended up getting killed by the npc's shooting at me.

Anyone else have this? am i doing something wrong, hovering too low maybe?

The 'bob mission, land it somewhere close and take the npc's out first. You can safely use a buzzard without blowing up the car. Just don't go too close. Until you're close to the car, it behaves as a solid prop, so it won't be damaged by the explosions.

After the npc's are taken out, you can take your time to pick up the car. Sometimes the latch won't be released even after pressing the designated button once. Make sure it is down and then move the latch lengthwise over the car slowly. It always hooks up this way for me.
  • tommyguns likes this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:26 PM Edited by tommyguns, 18 April 2017 - 02:05 PM.

I had one again last night, luckily it was a different location and the barges were anchored just off an island instead of far out at sea. I picked the guards off with my marksman & got the car.

Yeah I guess having gotten better with controlling choppers was working against me Faggio, in the past I guess I was moving around a lot, whereas now I was holding it perfectly stationary and expecting it to connect.

Dragging the line over the car slowly as you said, got the attachment quickly.

So the Bob missions are no longer a problem.....my new 'most annoying sourcing mission' award goes to.....pinkslip

Those damn NPC's - just over 10k damage they put on a car last night. I've tried outrunning them, they just spawn ahead of me & put a couple grand of damage on before I pass them. I tried fighting them, but more just kept coming.

I forgot to mention to you, I bought LA Puerta as you advised, though I was very tempted by Elysian. Built my cars up to 32 & started selling last night.

I'm gonna make the effort to learn the freeways properly later, and stick to them as much as possible, since most players rely on GPS to take them through freeways & can easily miss turn offs...I know because I'm one of them.

haha, doing a sale last night and someone actually tried to cut me off & then chase me in an insurgent....I'm driving an 811, no way in the world he was gonna catch me. Saw what he was planning, went off GPS and boxed around him and then left him to eat my dust.

Did it just in time too, a minute after I made the sale a jet griefer arrives in the session.

Added a new car to my must buy list from driving it in the sourcing mission, I had totally overlooked before..the Tropos, cool retro look, working headlight covers, good turn of speed, and handles really nicely.

I will never sell the X80 on the other hand, hate the way that drives, so bland. its also ugly as sin so that was never on my to buy list.
  • Faggio S likes this

Faggio S
  • Faggio S

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

So the Bob missions are no longer a problem.....my new 'most annoying sourcing mission' award goes to.....pinkslip

Those damn NPC's - just over 10k damage they put on a car last night. I've tried outrunning them, they just spawn ahead of me & put a couple grand of damage on before I pass them. I tried fighting them, but more just kept coming.

If you don't like to fight the AI, you can invest in a Cargobob. (It's only glitchy in sessions with other players. If you're alone in a session, the 'bob won't randomly drop cars).

If you'd like to outpace them, then always take the car offroad.

The spot next to the lighthouse, collect the car and go straight up the hills opposite the road. Stick to the hills for a bit and then make your way to the rail tracks. When you reach the city, drive a bit slow so you can see where the npc's spawn, and zig zag your way through to La Puerta. It's actually pretty fun.

The one in Sandy Shores, aim for the rail tracks directly.

The only location where we can't escape without eliminating them is the one close to Zancudo. You can actually take a right from the dirt path just before reaching the highway and go offroad until the npc's trigger by the side of the bridge (it's pretty narrow). From there you can kill all 4 waves easily.
  • tommyguns likes this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:09 PM Edited by tommyguns, 18 April 2017 - 06:16 PM.

If you don't like to fight the AI, you can invest in a Cargobob. (It's only glitchy in sessions with other players. If you're alone in a session, the 'bob won't randomly drop cars).

If you'd like to outpace them, then always take the car offroad.

The spot next to the lighthouse, collect the car and go straight up the hills opposite the road. Stick to the hills for a bit and then make your way to the rail tracks. When you reach the city, drive a bit slow so you can see where the npc's spawn, and zig zag your way through to La Puerta. It's actually pretty fun.

The one in Sandy Shores, aim for the rail tracks directly.

The only location where we can't escape without eliminating them is the one close to Zancudo. You can actually take a right from the dirt path just before reaching the highway and go offroad until the npc's trigger by the side of the bridge (it's pretty narrow). From there you can kill all 4 waves easily.

Well part of the reason this appealed was that i actually enjoy driving, stealing and driving high end cars from all over the map, what's not to like? Anyone who grumbles too much about that should sample doing deliveries in a post op or trash truck lol. I'd actually rather be on the ground, flying along in a super car, or high end sports car than plodding through the sky in a bob. I understand why people use them though, if this was all you did, all the driving could become a hassle, also flying it would cut down on damage. The flip side is if someone comes after you from the air, you have less chance to evade them in a bob.

On solo sessions, i used them to build up to the 32 cars. Once i could start selling though, i've done each sourcing & sale in populated lobbies. It spices it up. Like with the biker business, i only used solo sessions to sell if i couldn't find some reliable help & it was a multiple vehicle sale, because it would be madness to leave a chopper, boat, van, etc left loaded up with product, unattended, on the other side of the map. I'm also not going to attempt it if i see jet's buzzing around, i dropped out of my mission playlist a couple nights ago into free mode & there were FIVE hydra's active, all in passive, all alternating between strafing players on the ground & going into passive and then jockying for position, trying to get behind each other so they could drop out of passive and attack. Ridiculous. I left that session pretty quick.

Cheers for the tips, I've done three pink slips so far, two at the light house & the one last night was near Zancudo. I just assumed they would still spawn and follow you off road, so it's good to know that they won't, it'll make the light house and sandy shores a lot less of a hassle.....but your right about the zancudo one, there's not really anywhere for you to go for a big stretch of that road, without risking even more damage than the npc's can manage.   Come to think of it...you could go over that big hill you mentioned, near the light house and the rail tracks are on the other side, you could then follow the tracks all the way to Davis, then it's just a short distance & a couple of corners to La Puerta.

But hey, the money's good, you get to speed round in fast exotic cars, and these thing's just add to the challenge.

thanks once again for the advice

• Faggio S likes this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I use Bob on all sales missions and on every source mission I can - fly out in Bob, call up Karuna, take them out, hookup source car to Bob, fly to warehouse. Can't imagine working auto export without it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users